November 28, 2014 | 1865 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara...and I have tried them all! Pretty expensive but makes lashes look great!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

I've been hearing so much hoorah about Dior mascaras so I decided to go out and try them. My first trial was with the Diorshow Black Out. I was not very happy with this product.

PROS:
- creates really darkened and black eyelashes when I get it to work
- nice packaging

CONS:
- not waterproof one because this thing ends up under my eyes even if I only apply this to my top lashes
- clumping. even when I use a mascara base, this mascara still disappoints me.

Too pricey for something that doesn't perform very well when there are drugstore items that are a lot cheaper which performs 1000x better. Save your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

the formula is too wet in my opinion . it gives me an okay amount of length but i could find better for way cheaper . i like how intense the black is though .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ithickening

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So this is my staple Mascara, I have tried all of the Dior mascaras and the Dior show Blackout is my favorite. It gives me thick, non-clumpy luxorious lashes. The deep black of the formula really makes your lashes pop. This is the best formula that they make. As a side tip the Dior Mascaras are really made to be layered so if you really want to make your lashes look great layer the Dior show Blackout over Dior Extase...this makes my real lashes look like falsies! Be careful cause the extase tends to clmp so apply sliowly and carefully....I know it is expensive for Mascara, but it is the best and i have tried most of the high-end and low-end mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a devout lancome hypnose drama fan but I wanted a mascara that gave the false lash effect the va va voom esque look lol and this rocked my world I'm blessed with my moms lashes so I wasn't looking for length or volume just the over the top lashes effect and this mascara fulfilled my wishes its a intense black mascara that you have to "roll" onto the lashes and apply the 2nd coat when still wet and that's it. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by taylorlizette

I bought this thursday night and its now tuesday, so I haven't had much time to get used to it. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I wasn't sure to start with because it didn't seem to be separating individual lashes. For someone with naturally long, dark, curly lashes, separation is really what I'm after. I've found that the zig-zagging trick works really well with this brush.

It adds great length (so much so that I have to wipe the little dots away from under my eyebrows where my lashes touch, about halfway through the day) and is very black.

As to whether I will repurchase - I'll have to use it a bit more, I think, to decide whether it is worth AUD$40.

EDIT: So I have been using this for a few weeks now and I'm 100% hooked. The zig-zag thing is essential, as is the second coat while wet but it is divine. There is nothing natural about this though, so look elsewhere if you are after subtle.

EDIT: I'm getting really sick of having to wipe away the dark smudges from where my eye lashes touch my skin above and below my eyes, every couple of hours. By the end of the day I look like I haven't slept in a week because of the dark circles of mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by peblet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara with the hope that it would meet or exceed the results that I get with my HG for dramatic lashes: L'Oreal Voluminous.
Well ladies, I wasted my time and my money.
This product doesn't yield the same results, in fact, it doesn't come close. It also flakes like extremely low quality stuff, my eyes were burning the entire time I was wearing it. I gave it a few chances (at that price, a girl shouldn't easily give up) but it didn't deliver.
Don't waste your money or your time on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by juneexd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara, I personally did not like Diorshow when I first tried it, but it's grown on me. Blackout is an extremely heavy and dark mascara, so beware of putting on too many coats. Or else it gets rather clumpy. Overall, I really enjoy the dramatic effect

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by BritnySpears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to buy cheap Maybeline, Rimmel mascaras. Since this was recommended to me I have found my holy grail. Glam, thick lashes. Gets clumpy eventually but I love this to death.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by eshanon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. Why not have gorgeous, thick black lashes?