August 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by taylorlizette

I bought this thursday night and its now tuesday, so I haven't had much time to get used to it. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I wasn't sure to start with because it didn't seem to be separating individual lashes. For someone with naturally long, dark, curly lashes, separation is really what I'm after. I've found that the zig-zagging trick works really well with this brush.

It adds great length (so much so that I have to wipe the little dots away from under my eyebrows where my lashes touch, about halfway through the day) and is very black.

As to whether I will repurchase - I'll have to use it a bit more, I think, to decide whether it is worth AUD$40.

EDIT: So I have been using this for a few weeks now and I'm 100% hooked. The zig-zag thing is essential, as is the second coat while wet but it is divine. There is nothing natural about this though, so look elsewhere if you are after subtle.

EDIT: I'm getting really sick of having to wipe away the dark smudges from where my eye lashes touch my skin above and below my eyes, every couple of hours. By the end of the day I look like I haven't slept in a week because of the dark circles of mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by peblet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara with the hope that it would meet or exceed the results that I get with my HG for dramatic lashes: L'Oreal Voluminous.
Well ladies, I wasted my time and my money.
This product doesn't yield the same results, in fact, it doesn't come close. It also flakes like extremely low quality stuff, my eyes were burning the entire time I was wearing it. I gave it a few chances (at that price, a girl shouldn't easily give up) but it didn't deliver.
Don't waste your money or your time on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by juneexd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara, I personally did not like Diorshow when I first tried it, but it's grown on me. Blackout is an extremely heavy and dark mascara, so beware of putting on too many coats. Or else it gets rather clumpy. Overall, I really enjoy the dramatic effect

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by BritnySpears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to buy cheap Maybeline, Rimmel mascaras. Since this was recommended to me I have found my holy grail. Glam, thick lashes. Gets clumpy eventually but I love this to death.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by eshanon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. Why not have gorgeous, thick black lashes?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is THE go-to mascara for drama-queen lashes. It instantly turns them blacker than black, long and thick without clumping- or, at least it does for me, you know how personal mascara experiences are! I don't get spiderlegs from this mascara, though I can imagine that some do. However you apply it, though, it will never come off as a natural look. This is for those glamour occasions, if, like me, you're not deft with false lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a single girl with no kids, husband or mortage this wasn't really a "luxury" buy as I blow money on much stupider things! lol! but all kidding aside, although the price is insane, I really love this mascara! Its so black and glides on sooooo easily! I have really short, straight lashes, this product lengthens and curls without looking over the top. I don't think I can go back to cheap mascara after I run out of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i received this as a gift.... and i don't think i would have purchased it on my own - i think it's a luxury item... BUT since i've run out of mascara, this isn't just luxury... it's what i'm using every day. and a little goes a nice long way for me. my lashes are long to begin with... this makes them fluttery... and they arent brittle.... they're soft - which i found surprising AND really liked. it's a really dark formula but not a thick formula, it's not runny, but it's not very think, maybe that's why it seems to make my lashes.... fluttery soft and straight up sexy. i really really like this mascara. it may be my HG. time will tell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this alongside DiorShow to try for the first time.
DiorShow was great. But BlackOut....left much to be desired :( I found the formula to be too wet for my taste. It made my lashes clumpy and spidery. Ew.
Save your money, do not purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by mangoekiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara at the airport (which mean it's duty-free) so it wasn't that expensive. It was my first time buying a branded mascara, which meant that I had high expectations for this product.

I liked that the formula is slightly wet -- when I apply the mascara onto my lashes, they don't clump together. I couldn't get the waterproof version, but I have to say for someone with oily lids, the non-waterproof version leaves very little smudging, as compared to a drugstore mascara that claims to be waterproof (e.g. Maybelline). I'm very impressed.

I wouldn't say it is a volumising mascara though. You will have to apply at least two coats if you want thick, dark lashes. This mascara also does not make my lashes look heavy and spidery, which is great.

I have one major gripe however, and it is that this mascara doesn't hold a curl very well. When you have eyelashes like mine that point downwards and refuse to curl even with an eyelash curler, this may not be the mascara you should be using, especially for its hefty price tag. I will credit it for making me want to buy branded mascaras in the future though =)