October 1, 2014 | 1892 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by hanstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have acne, eczema and redness on my skin, I used to use the liz earle cleanse and polish. Im a makeup student so I have to take my makeup on and off about 3-4 times a day one day a week so it can get quite soar and irritated.
I took a trip into lush looking for aqua marina face cleanser but once I explained my skin to the assistant she recomended fresh farmacy... I didnt buy it at first as It wasnt as intresteing and fun looking and the other items but in the end I chose fresh farmacy

After 2 days of using this I was asked what foundation I had on as my skin was flawless, glowing and fresh looking
After 3 days of using I was again asked what foundation I had on as my skin looked amazing

I have been using the same foundation since the start of summer and never had a comment on it!!!!

It was not my foundation but FRESH FARMACY! that was making my skin look so good, it completely made my skin, fresh, plump, soft, glowy, redness was reduced and spots were cleared also previous acne scars were gone completly
I love this product so much I feel like its an absolute saviour to me, a little dramatic you may think but its give me so much confidence and happyness in such a short space of time,I went back to lush a week later and bought the 200g to stock up I love it so much
The only bad points are that I would prefere it to be in a box or tin packaging and the paper can get stuck to it if you leave it wet, bbut it is lush and thye are enviro friendly soooo.
If you have any of the skin problems I have mentioned please please get this, If you have a spare fiver just go and buy it if not then ask for a sample because it is an incrediable product i cant emphasise how much
My mum who has wrinkles and redness, and my sister with server acne are also now using it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried FF solo for my skin care. I have acne prone skin that typically has at least 1-2 active breakouts at all times.

The best part of FF is that it really does tone down redness. It's great to use first thing in the morning. I really don't think that it is the be all end all face wash that some say it is.

I purchased 1 petal of FF 6 weeks ago and I still have enough for another 4 at least (used 1-2 times a day)! It is pricey, but it really does last a long time.

I wet my face and apply FF straight to my skin. After the bar has been rubbed against my whole face and neck, I rub my face with my hands for about 30 seconds...then rinse.

I recently got coalface, and I think it works better for my skin. I will, however, continue to buy FF to use on days when I am having a bit of redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by emhenzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I gave FF a six-week trial period, using it in the morning and before bed and following it up with a salycilic acid toner, BP spot treatment and non-comodogenic moisturizer.

FF made my skin lovely and soft...for a week. Then I started getting small but stubborn and bright red breakouts that really stood out from my otherwise very pale skin. These breakouts were in places I don't usually break out (forehead, cheeks) and stuck around longer than most cystic acne, even though they seemed to be run-of-the-mill irritated pores. They were almost impossible to cover with makeup, and I actually wound up wearing more concealer/foundation than I did before using FF.

I love other products that LUSH makes (Alkmaar, Godiva, Ocean Salt, Dream Cream, Jungle) and I love that they're eco-friendly, but this product just isn't worth it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was given this as sample by the nice italian salesgirl. i looked like a lost lamb in the LUSH shop filled with italian wordings on all the packagings. it's a nice grainy, chalky soap that tames my acne-prone skin well. it melts quickly. i managed to use my sample for 3weeks. beautiful texture, with a fresh aftermath, would luve to keep using this soap especially for that time of the month. yes i would buy this again if i could.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really got the big deal everyone made about LUSH, because everytime I went by the store it smelled sooooo bad! This soap (as well as Coalface) has made me a convert! I have very oily, acne prone skin with slight redness (maybe mild roseca?). This is a soft bar soap, with a slight pleasant scent. This has done wonders with curbing the redness in my skin, as well as helping with my oiliness and acne. I don't find this overdrying, but it gets my skin squeeky clean. I still get occasional breakouts, but they are very mild and far less frequent. The price on this is pretty high for a bar soap, but considering I have very oily problem-prone skin it's worth it for me to repurchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a mess. I don't understand how a product that is supposed to clean your face is itself so hard to keep sanitary. You have to handle it with your hands like it's a bar of soap and there's no place to properly store it when it's wet. You can't take it in the shower because it gets nasty so quickly, but who doesn't wash their face in the shower?!? For the first week I had it, FF did make my face feel clean, but then I started to break out. Furthermore, none of Lush's claims for this cleanser bore fruit; my face was as red, itchy, and flaky as ever, but with more zits!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the smell of it as well as the consistency. I too tried the wet entire bar and then smear on face method which worked fine. The effects were not life-changing; just good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by pingwing87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for over a month now and I have to say, it only is a good product if you know how to use it. The first weeks I just lather it up on my hand and smeared it on my face (then cleanse it with water). I was a bit disappointed because I didn't notice any of the great results I've read. But then I did something else. I put the whole chunk (that I've cut out from the larger piece I've bought) under streaming water so it's wet. Afterwards I use the chuck to scrub it on my face until it's all lathered up. Then I use a facial sponge to really mend the product in, let it absorb for a halve minute or so and cleanse it off with water. HELLO, GREAT RESULTS! :) My face feels clean, definitely less outbreaks though I'm still looking for the right moisturizer..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didn't do anything spectacular for the price in terms of cleansing. It was hard to rinse off because some of it still stuck to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by chinagirl

Well I've been using this for several months now so I think I can accurately review it. This has been a lifesaver for my extremely oily, acne prone skin. While this is described as a bar soap I find the consistency to be more like a solid cream, if that makes sense. It dissolves very easily & is much softer than a traditional bar of soap. It's messy to use but it's so worth it. I also use herbalism & coalface but the fresh farmacy has made the most improvement in my skin's texture & has reduced some of the redness. It's also the most effective out of the 3 LUSH cleansers I mentioned in dealing with oiliness. It is a little pricey & messy to use but it really works for me & I will continue to repurchase.