August 1, 2014 | 1965 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very good value for money. It is a super-pigmented foundation. I only need the tinyest amount to cover problem areas. It's very good covering scars and and pigmented spots, but not very good with dry patches or smoothing out you skin. Also I would not use this all over my face. I think it would look quite fake.

I have to use a setting powder with this otherwise it looks too fake and it will melt off.

Also the tube is a bit messy, everytime after opening there is loads of product in the lid.

But still alltogether a great product. Good to use on problem areas only!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by amazingrahela

my first opinion about this foundation is that it has an amazing full coverage...i have terrible damaged skin with acne scars,large pores,acne and terribile oily skin and this foundation covers perfectly everything ,it gave me flawless skin but only in the first half of hour...after an half of hours it simply comes of ,it sink's into my pores and fine lines and it's extremly transferable..if you lay your head on a white or coloured pillow it will come off and transfer easily,even if you kiss with you'r bf you will colour his nose very nicely...lol...if u stay in the sun it's just melting down from you're face and oxidez fast,that's strange because it says it has spf 35 it should be strong enough to heat...so after a few hours of wearing this foundation ,even if you didn't do nothing ,neither sleeping or sitting in the sun,you're face will look dirty ,like a mask,caked on,and you have to wash it down and reaply it to make you're skin again flawless with this foundation...another important thing for you to know :DO NOT wear the foundation alone on you're face because you will look dead ,like a zombie,especially if you wear the NUDE tone because it has very yellowish undertone..wear it with a blush or something....i simply hate the lack of tones,ONLY 5 TONES !!!,it s just very hard to find the right suitable for you...i have medium skin,and the most light one its too light for me and the one i have ,the NUDE tone,it's too yellowish....buy this foundation if you have normal skin ,if you have oily skin you better avoid it...what i liked about this foundation is that it doesnt give's you breakouts and thats a big plus...so my overall rating will be 3 stars with indulgence
btw sorry for my english im not a native speaker i hope you understanded something

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dermablend by Vichy is a nearly full coverage foundation that's easy to blend into the skin for a flawless finish. I'm not sure whether this foundation had shade matching properties or what, but my purchased shade 25 Nude was a tad dark in the tube and blended seamlessly into my NC25 skin. 25 Nude is a perfect colour for my olive-toned Asian skin, and has no ashy pink undertones (thank goodness).

This foundation provides buildable, natural-looking coverage. Difficult to make cakey unless you have dry patches/ultra dry skin. This also doubles as a good under-eye concealer and can be easily used on blemishes with a small brush. This has a great light feeling on the skin and is not nearly as thick as Revlon ColorStay. This product did not oxidize (turn orange) on my skin. Very creamy and even finish. I apply this with my fingers and prefer it that way vs. MAC 190 foundation brush, which used too much product. Apply this to one area of the face at a time as it sets quickly. Super pigmented...still amazed as how Vichy made it so full coverage and sheer-feeling at the same time.

Packaging is a plastic tube. Would prefer a pump for the aspect of hygiene, but not a dealbreaker. Easy to control product amount and to get the very last bits out at the end. Contains 30mL and the price is right at $30 CDN. I purchased this at Shopper's.

This product wears very well, given that it does have heavier coverage. Significant lasting power from morning until night. You will not have the same looking finish from application until removal, but it does wear down very evenly, unlike other foundations that wear patchily. Will definitely need a setting powder as this has the tendency to start looking a little shiny around 4 hours in (I like a matte finish). However, that was to my expectation.

Can't say enough good things. Converting to this permanently after using ColorStay for 2 years.

EDIT: I've started to use this more as a concealer, not all over the face. Still just as good. Just noting that the coverage may be too heavy/cakey for all-over use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by chlewie

This product is definitly a product I would buy again.
The packaging looks a little cheap but compare to ones like estee lauder double wear wich is a glass bottle and wich you cannot squeez the product out,I would say it is good because it is travel friendly and there is no problem getting the last bit of the product out by cutting the tube.
This foundation is pretty thick when you first get it off the tube and some people said that it can look caky, BUT, the key is to warm it up between your hands and then path it on your skin and either rub it with your finger or use a brush. I used to use a brush with it when I first started using it and I am more of a brush girl, but with this foundation, I find it gives a better finish when used with fingers. FLAWLESS finish! The first time I used it I was in vacation and I puted it on and my father, who never noticed anything concerning makeup and beauty products asked me if I did anything with my skin because he tought my skin looked better than usual. FUNNY! That is something that really made me think this was a good product in the first place but what made me love this product even more is the fact I don't break out from that foundation. My skin is rather sensitive and I often get redness but this covers redness without adding to it and it never gives me more pimple or blackheads.
This foundation really is one of the best out there and I definitly recommend it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonster604

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great product. its full coverage, but is fairly light weight.
moisturize the skin well, and use a very small amount.
it gives a flawless natural look. I have asian skin, i purchased #25 in nude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very lightweight but at the same time very pigmented, full coverage foundation. You need such a small amount, which sounds like the most overused phrase, except this time it's actually true. My skin is combo, with a slightly oily t zone. On me, it lasts the whole day, sometimes the whole night too ( if I'm not in the condition to take it off before bed, but shhhhhhh! this doesn't happen often).
I set mine with Ben nye translucent powder which does not add color, only longevity.
I have shade 35, in Mac terms I am approx NW30. On me it's about an 85% perfect match. I say 85 because it's about 15% darker than my own skin tone but I definitely make up for it with the amount of bronzer I apply on top.So I'm content. 25 was too light. Very much recommend!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by SarahOliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product to combat my acne which has reappeared with vengeance! I was a bit worried at first because it is so heavy I thought that everyone would notice that I caked it on over my problem areas, however you really only need the smallest amount! It works so well and i'm so pleased with it, I put it onto the back of my hand and then apply it with a Mac 217 brush to blend it in so that it leaves no harsh lines or obvious concealing. I also use the vichy dermablend stick foundation for those really stubborn spots for double coverage..literally only the tiniest bit! Its an amazing product if you have not tried anything else that helps, as its very full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow! This stuff is a godsend. I needed a foundation that had the coverage and blendability of this to cut down my routine and I'm so happy I found one. I use the Nude color and it's almost an exact match to my skin, and covers all dark marks with just a dab. The tube can be messy but it's okay for me. It should last a while at the rate I'm using it. Price is right for the quality. I dab it over a layer of Clinique BB cream that I use as a primer of sorts and it does not transfer. I may touch up after 6 hours or so. All in all a very good product, but those with very dry skin be aware because the pigment is rich and the coverage may make dryness look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by pinkpipermaru

I found out about this product reading glamourai blog, she says there that it gives photoshoplike skin, so i went to Boots and i bought this foundation in opal. WOW!!!
I am amazed and my roommate as well. You cant see that you wear a foundation, yet it produce velvetlike, perfect, flawless skin. I have dry skin, without acne or scars and i can says that it doesnt accentuate dryness, but brings me relief. I always put heavy cream underneath foundation, so i wont look cakey or patchy.
This is one of the best foundations i have ever used. I also like Lancome Photogenic Lumessence.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Jacqu1em

Although the lightest shade is too dark, I mix this with the lightest shade in Colorstay for the perfect coverage, texture, staying power & of course colour!

Great for covering up my acne scarring, does not break me out and has the desire "matte" look. Will definitely repurchase! I find myself not even using concealer after applying this. x