October 22, 2014 | 1423 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by FrankieVercammen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation for covering up blemished skin. I use no 25 Nude for my face and No 15 Opal on my neck and blend it well underneath the jawline. It gives me perfect coverage. The trick is to apply it with a brush. I also apply a small coat of Cicaplast (from La Roche-Posey) as a primer, and find that the Dermablend foundation sits really well on it. After 6-7 hours I might need a touch-up on the blemishes. It is a great product for a reasonable price. I will definitely buy it again, also if I would not need it anymore to cover blemishes, because it covers dark under-eye circles and any other discolorations very well, so it makes the need for a concealer creme / pencil obsolete.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by electroheart

This is my favourite foundation/concealer in one. I've used both the stick and the liquid, and really like them. I have acne-scarred, acne-prone skin and nothing has ever covered it like dermablend. I was so happy when I tried this for the first time that I thought I might cry, because I had resigned myself to heavy layers of concealer, foundation and powder for a lifetime. It will literally cover anything. I experimented covering my wrist tattoo, it worked!

A little goes a long way with this stuff, so to avoid looking like you're wearing a mask of foundation, build it up little by little. On good skin days, I used a light foundation or tinted moisturiser all over, and then use dermablend in Opal (lightest shade) or Nude (a little darker) on the problem areas. On bad skin days, I used it all over. When I get a little heavy handed with it (on REALLY bad skin days) it can look a little mask-like, and it doesn't seem to have any mattifying qualities at all.

It doesn't look cake-y, doesn't dry out and doesn't flake off. But it DOES rub off - on a lot of things - your phone, your top, your boyfriend's top, his face, anyone you meet and kiss on the cheek / hug, etc...I think using the translucent setting powder might solve this, but I have yet to try it.

For concentrated application to problem areas, I think that it might be best to use the stick foundation with a small brush. But if you have a faceful of problems like me, purchase both!

The biggest downside to this product is that the packaging is horrendously boring. I hope they glam it up a little soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Belle145

I absolutely adore this product. I have a couple of beauty spots on my face which I hate, they're a lot darker than the rest of my face and I could never find a product which provided enough coverage to cover them - until I purchased this foundation! It is absolutely amazing, once you put it onto the skin you really can't see anything underneath. I've never seen a product like this!

I use this foundation as a concealer over my spots because I'm not really into a full coverage look. I'm not really a fan of using it under my eyes because personally I prefer a lighter colour to brighten my under eye area but on my spots it's amazing. I dab a little on the back of my hand and then use the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff it onto my skin and it leaves it with the best finish, definitely second skin. I've tried to dab it on with my fingers like I would with normal concealers but it doesn't sit too great on the skin when applied like that, I think because it is supposed to be used as a foundation but the buffing motion works perfectly.

I'm NC37 and I use the shade 45 Gold and it is EXACTLY my skin tone. I'm not sure how long lasting it is to be honest, I find that it wears off after only a few hours or fades in colour but I'm pretty sure that's because I don't use a finishing powder. I'll purchase one and hopefully edit this review soon! I bought this from Boots for £15.50 which I think is a very good price considering I only use it as a concealer so hopefully it should last me at least a year.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ashhassim

Great coverage! Had to order it from america so worked out pretty expensive coz of the shipping fee. very drying so moisturise alot. looks flawless. i only use it as a concealor. or i'll mix it with my foundation for amazing full coverage. make sure the foundation is hydrating as it will look toooo dry if not. lasted me almost a year now. still quite alot of product left. going to try hard candy glamoflauge wen i run out to see if its a good substitute.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by sarahjanegrau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this :D
Pros
-Great natural looking full coverage covers EVERYTHING. I have a birth mark on my face that's a few shades darker than my skin colour and acne but this covers everything without looking cakey and leaves a natural finish.
-Blends easily into the skin
-Dirt cheap!
-You get a good amount of product. I've had this since Jan and it's now the end of Aug, i use it every day and as far as i can tell i still have enough left to last a couple of months.
Cons:
-Packaging is opaque so you have to guess how much product you have left
-Lightest colour is still too dark for me (well, maybe 2 shades) and quite yellow/orange
-I find it can move around during the day and come off on your hands if you touch your face too much however a good setting powder or spray should fix this

Defiantly recommend this just not for NW/NC 15's like me haha

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i love this stuff !!!! I use it with the powder and it lasts all day. I don't need foundation ! All I do is apply it to the imperfections on my face and powder :) So easy ! Oh and it feels really nice on my skin.
Recommend !!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

The lightest color, opal, is also too dark for me. It goes on too thick to spread easily. Caking is not terrible, but there is some and it accentutes the slight wrinkling beneath my eyes.
I got this because the other Vichy foundation, aquateint (?) was too thin and didn't cover enough. This covers too well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by l8lackberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am giving this foundation 3 lippies only because it clogs my pores like nobody`s business. And I don`t mean break outs, but just blackheads all over my face. That sometimes lead to breakouts as well.
It feels like a vicious circle: I put this foundation on to cover all the problems on my skin, because it definitely has a wonderful coverage, but then I am getting even more problems. It`s like an addiction, but I can`t stop using it, because I want my face to look nearly perfect, and that is what I get from Vichy Dermablend.
Even though it says on the packaging "non-comedogenic"
I made sure on my own that it is false statement.

The bottom line of review: great foundation to use on occasion, i.e. go out or other kind of event, because it gives nice finish, great coverage and looks good in pictures (even though it has SPF it doesn`t make you look like corpse in photos), but for everyday use I would suggest to choose other foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by treasonous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my very favourite foundations i've tried to date.
I love high coverage foundations (as i have quite uneven skin tone), but I hate the cakiness some of them give you. This one is not cakey at all, and like it says on the packaging, there is no mask-life effect. It blends easily and gives you a flawless, seamless look. If you're not a big fan of high coverage foundations, don't go for this one, but if you are, give it a try.

I used the colour 'gold' which was the yellow undertones in my skin, and gave me a nice 'tanned' effect. I normally go for foundations which are a few shades darker than my skin tone, and when they rub off or cake, it looks ridiculous - but this was not a problem with this foundation.

The only flaw with the product is that it says it stays on for 16 hours and doesn't (though this may be in conjunction with the dermablend setting powder, i'm not sure). But it won't cake if you put more on, which is great. So you may have to re-apply it a few times per day, but its worth it for the look it gives you.

I apply mine with a skin illuminator, and it gives a dewy, radiant finish. Make sure you use a good moisturiser underneath it. Really impressed!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!! So happy I found it!!! I have always been super self conscious about my face, not anymore!!! I have very uneven skin tone, acne scarring, and lately just burned my face. So i was in need of something with extreme coverage, after checking online I found that here in Canada this was the best one carried by Shoppers drug mart. I was a little hesitant on something so covering, I thought it would look really cakey. Not at all!!! This foundation is amazing! Covers so beautifully, I use a sponge for best application, you only need a little too, and my skin looks beautiful and even! I am never using another foundation again, I finally found my HG foundation. It covered the burn like magic, I am shocked at the bad reviews this is getting, I highly recommend it . Bought in Nude, I am a LLL girl, cool tone :)