Dejavu (Imju) Fiberwig Lash Knockout

3.6

WATER, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CERESIN. BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITAN STEARATE, CETETH-20, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE-60, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, CARBON BLACK(CI 77266)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this mascara after I finished the Opera My Lash (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=87148/Imju_-_Opera_mylash/0/Mascara) because it's made by the same company and I think the Opera My Lash is one of the best mascara I've ever used.

I expect this mascara to be as good as the Opera one but it is not. I found that the formula is almost the same but in my opinion the brush is too big which is a big drawback for me. It's a bit hard to apply without making a mess (several black dots) around my eyes, which I have to clean up with cotton buds. So I need to take sometime to apply this mascara to get a good result, not good when you're in a rush.

However, this mascara does give you a good length and natural looking lashes when I have sometime to apply it carefully. And the price is quite okay too.

Will not repurchase unless Fiberwig change the size of it's brush.

EDIT:
This is one of my HG mascara (the not waterproof one)! I'm on my 2nd tube already. Yes, the brush is still a drawback but it's not that bad once I get use to use it. And if I'm not in a hurry I could just use other mascara brush from different brand (I like the Fairy Drops mascara brush, another Japanese brand).

I'm just in love with the formula, it really gives me the long lashes without clumping, not smudgy at all (unlike several mascara that give me dark under eye at the end of the day) and it's SUPER EASY TO REMOVE! love love love..

Fiberwig formula + Fairydrops brush = perfect mascara - I only add one more lippie because of the brush, hahaha

LOVE this mascara -- it's become my everyday, go-to product for natural-looking lash enhancement. My lashes are on the short / thin side, and my main mascara gripe is clumps -- and extra time spent separating my lashes with a safety pin. No need for this one -- even with extra coats :) To note -- don't expect *dramatic* changes -- as I said, I love this because of the natural effect :) -- if I want dramatic, I'll go with my shu uemura lashes!

This is generally a great mascara that does what it promises although it has a few drawbacks. If you are looking for really glossy and extremley long lashes with defintion this would be perfect, however if you're looking for volume as well i would suggest that you layer this with another mascara (i use full and soft). The point is because of the fibers in this mascara it does lenghten better than any volumizing/lengthening combo mascara or any normal lengthening mascara. It does give you a false lash look in that it adds fibers to the end of your lashes and makes them unaturally long ( long enough to touch your glasses).It also lasts forever untill you decide to take it off with warm water , and does not smudge but stays black and glossy. The only cons are that number one, it takes longer than normal mascaras to dry and number two does nothing to thicken the lashes at the lashline and doesn't make eyelashes look bushy/fluffy which is a very important part of the false lash look in my opinion but its not a big deal i just use a volumizing mascara under it.

UPDATE: I have had this tube since july , (I know , I know, gross) but I'm hesitant to re-buy a new tube because it hasn't dried out or performed any worse. Its just as good as when I first bought it! Also i feel like I previously didn't stress how hard this is to take off so hard you can even pull out you eyelashes (not just fibers I know the difference!) so be careful!

This is definitely a better quality mascara but it is comparable to Loreal Voluminous. Fiberwig is slightly better than Voluminous, however I don't believe the cost really makes it worth repurchasing.

This is a really really really great product. The little fibers in the formula truly adhere to your own lashes, making them appear ridiculously long! I had the "Extra Long" version, which I assume has longer fibers in the formula, for that "extra long" effect on your lashes. The only downer I would say that it clumps after two layers, and I have to use a lash comb to separate my lashes out when I'm going for the more dramatic look. But, definitely a great product!

It took me years to find the perfect mascara, but here it is. It may not be perfect for everyone, and I know for people who are looking for volume only, this isn't the solution. But my big mascara issue was raccoon eyes. I have dark circles anyway (we'll talk about undereye concealer another time, oy!) and every mascara I tried ended up subtly adding to the dark under my eyes. Yes, this is partially because I can't keep my hands off my face (yes, I know I know). BUT--this is it! I put on fiberwig in the morning, and it does not move all day; there is no subtle migration to the tissue of my lower eyelid. AMEN!!

In the beginning the product is very wet. This subsides after a week. So if you are having a bit of a mess of a time, keep at it. The best part about making a mess with this stuff is waiting 30 seconds and cleaning up with a qtip. Tada--no need to remove with remover, or wash face and do over.

I'm in love with the fact that i can take off all my makeup at night with a quick wash with Cetaphil.

I will never go back to traditional mascara. Ever.

I love this mascara. It's my HG. You really just need to be patient with this mascara. When you first use it, you might find it a wet formula. But give it some oxygen and you'll be in love. You can definitely add volume with this mascara with a few coats and you'll have incredible lush lashes. I'm on my 8th tube and will continue to repurchase again and again! It pairs perfectly with my panasonic heat lash curler. The trick is to push the lashes up with the curler making kind if a 'J' not swipe it through with the heat or it will just all melt off. Love Love Love! It's just amazing keeping those panda eyes far far away!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! I have tried Revlon, Maybelline, L'oreal, Sephora, and some Diors, and always come back to this as my very very favorite. It is easy for my very sensitive skin, goes on nicely, gives me a thick black look, doesn't spike my lashes too much, and doesn't smudge or flake at all until four months in , which means it's time for another tube. Best of all, it comes comes right off with water! Pricier than other brands but so worth it!

While it made my lashes look longer, it can be really irritating. I usually feel like I have something caught in my eye after applying, I think the fibers used to create the false lash look are getting caught. Definitely won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I brought this a while ago, and I've used up my tube already, Never repurchased.
I think this mascara received too much hype!
First of all I was using another mascara called Missha M Sexy mascara which uses the same concept of painting on false lashes. I was slightly impressed by that so I decided to try this. The smell of the this was horrible, just the smell every time I apply this makes my eyes sting. This took forever to dry, you can build it, but it will clump your lashes.
I will give this credit for not smudging, easy to remove and it does give a little bit of length, but absolutely no volume (and I believe the formula was never design to give volume anyways)
When this is compared to the Missha M Sexy mascara, the Missha formula is a lot more dryer, it has a lot more fiberwig particles in it, gave a lot of volume (I think thats due to the formula have lot of fiberwig particle making it a lot dryer, the fiberwig add length, but since there is soo much it gave volume as well.), and it lengthen just as good if not even better. It never clumped because it was soo dry. It did have a bit of flaking which the Imju did have.
Overall for price and quality, after using this one, I learnt to appreciate my Missha one. This was double the price of the Missha mascara here in Australia, and it not widely available like Missha, quality just did not match up as well.

Popular Mascaras