September 21, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - Dejavu (Imju) - Fiberwig Lash Knockout

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is definitely a better quality mascara but it is comparable to Loreal Voluminous. Fiberwig is slightly better than Voluminous, however I don't believe the cost really makes it worth repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by fishgirl001

This is a really really really great product. The little fibers in the formula truly adhere to your own lashes, making them appear ridiculously long! I had the "Extra Long" version, which I assume has longer fibers in the formula, for that "extra long" effect on your lashes. The only downer I would say that it clumps after two layers, and I have to use a lash comb to separate my lashes out when I'm going for the more dramatic look. But, definitely a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by rlikestosmell

It took me years to find the perfect mascara, but here it is. It may not be perfect for everyone, and I know for people who are looking for volume only, this isn't the solution. But my big mascara issue was raccoon eyes. I have dark circles anyway (we'll talk about undereye concealer another time, oy!) and every mascara I tried ended up subtly adding to the dark under my eyes. Yes, this is partially because I can't keep my hands off my face (yes, I know I know). BUT--this is it! I put on fiberwig in the morning, and it does not move all day; there is no subtle migration to the tissue of my lower eyelid. AMEN!!

In the beginning the product is very wet. This subsides after a week. So if you are having a bit of a mess of a time, keep at it. The best part about making a mess with this stuff is waiting 30 seconds and cleaning up with a qtip. Tada--no need to remove with remover, or wash face and do over.

I'm in love with the fact that i can take off all my makeup at night with a quick wash with Cetaphil.

I will never go back to traditional mascara. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by myprettypinkdress

I love this mascara. It's my HG. You really just need to be patient with this mascara. When you first use it, you might find it a wet formula. But give it some oxygen and you'll be in love. You can definitely add volume with this mascara with a few coats and you'll have incredible lush lashes. I'm on my 8th tube and will continue to repurchase again and again! It pairs perfectly with my panasonic heat lash curler. The trick is to push the lashes up with the curler making kind if a 'J' not swipe it through with the heat or it will just all melt off. Love Love Love! It's just amazing keeping those panda eyes far far away!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by dkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have tried Revlon, Maybelline, L'oreal, Sephora, and some Diors, and always come back to this as my very very favorite. It is easy for my very sensitive skin, goes on nicely, gives me a thick black look, doesn't spike my lashes too much, and doesn't smudge or flake at all until four months in , which means it's time for another tube. Best of all, it comes comes right off with water! Pricier than other brands but so worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Jennie82

While it made my lashes look longer, it can be really irritating. I usually feel like I have something caught in my eye after applying, I think the fibers used to create the false lash look are getting caught. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I brought this a while ago, and I've used up my tube already, Never repurchased.
I think this mascara received too much hype!
First of all I was using another mascara called Missha M Sexy mascara which uses the same concept of painting on false lashes. I was slightly impressed by that so I decided to try this. The smell of the this was horrible, just the smell every time I apply this makes my eyes sting. This took forever to dry, you can build it, but it will clump your lashes.
I will give this credit for not smudging, easy to remove and it does give a little bit of length, but absolutely no volume (and I believe the formula was never design to give volume anyways)
When this is compared to the Missha M Sexy mascara, the Missha formula is a lot more dryer, it has a lot more fiberwig particles in it, gave a lot of volume (I think thats due to the formula have lot of fiberwig particle making it a lot dryer, the fiberwig add length, but since there is soo much it gave volume as well.), and it lengthen just as good if not even better. It never clumped because it was soo dry. It did have a bit of flaking which the Imju did have.
Overall for price and quality, after using this one, I learnt to appreciate my Missha one. This was double the price of the Missha mascara here in Australia, and it not widely available like Missha, quality just did not match up as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wished this mascara worked for me, but it just didn't. I was really looking forward to this one based on all the great reviews. My friend has this also and she loves it. The only reason I even gave it 2 stars is that, yes it does add length. However, it takes me such a long time to build up and create length. The formula is quite wet, and I have to really take my time, reswiping it over my lashes, to create length. This mascara is not intended for volume, which I knew. The fibers are not irritating and they do come off very easily with warm water. It also does not smudge. However, the length it created was nothing dramatic, and the time it took to achieve length was not worth it. I can use my Clinique lash primer and any old drugstore mascara and create the same length in less time, including volume. For those who are interested, I'd recommend getting it at Sephora or anywhere that you're able to return, in case it didn't work out for you. It's a great concept, but just did not work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by PamelaMartin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I regularly use the L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara, and while I love the effect, I HATE the process... Curl, Curl, Base coat, Base coat, Base coat, Base coat, Top Coat, Top Coat, Top Coat, Top Coat, Tip, Tip, Tip, Tip, Tip

I was hoping that the Fiberwig would be all that in one application since there was only one tube. Well, after much trial and error, I'm back to my L'Oreal for building and using the Fiberwig just on the ends for added extension. So now my mascara process is even longer and has another product!

It does add considerable LENGTH to your lashes- it doesn't add volume- and it's clumpy. Used L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara with that weird starburst brush to get the corners- so that's actually 3 mascaras.

What I do love about the Fiberwig (and the L'Oreal Double Extend) is that they don't smudge at all through the day and it slips right off with warm water- so no re-touching after I wash my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by naomi_c_k

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my new HG mascara. It really does look as much like false lashes as I think a mascara can. I use the Shiseido mascara base first after curling my eyelashes. You have to kind of use the end of the wand to get some volume, but it is buildable. This lasts all day and night without smudging or flaking. I'm definitely going to be buying again!