November 26, 2014 | 1635 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by eunicekris

One of the makeup guru that I watch swears on this foundation for staying matte and long lasting. I have tried it before as a sample and I remember never liking it. I tried again just to see if i will change my mind and it gave me the same results. I would put it on and after 2 hrs or so my nose is already oily..!!! So I'm definitely going back to my hourglass immaculate foundation which really really kept my face matte and non oily for at least 6 hours or more...!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by septimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel like I can't give this product a fair review because I only use it to mix with other foundations. The shade I purchased is too light but that makes it perfect for mixing with my other foundations which, guess what, are often a tad too dark. Also, I tend to be more drawn to bases which are marketed as "dewy" but alas I have an oily t zone and normal to dry cheeks.
What do? Mix in matte finish foundation!! It seems to prolong the wear time, too.
I love the packaging but I still have a complaint. You are supposed to shake before use. I definitely get product overflow as soon as I open it up after shaking but hopefully it will stop after I've used up more of it.
I'd definitely buy it again. In the same wrong color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by tiffany86

LOVE this!! I've used so many different brands and this one is wonderful!! It stays put all day, barely need touch ups. It has a very smooth, natural finish. It gives me coverage for flaws and red patches, but still looks like my natural skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MinnieMe88

I have been addicted to MAC products for the longest time, guess it's mainly cause it's a product I'm most familiar with. I recently decided to try to find a new foundation, just for a change. I'm usually a NC30/35 (depending on the season, summer/winter) so I bought Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation in #30, cause the nice girl at SEPHORA had suggested that it matched me best and in the lighting at the store it looked good. But when I got home, I noticed it was a little lighter than it appeared to be while I was at the store. I took some pictures just to make sure, and sure enough my face was completely different from my neck and body (I know our body is usually slightly darker but this was a noticeable difference) so I went back and switched for the #40 and it's a much better match. I suggest asking for a few samples to play with at home in your natural lighting before settling on a color. But overall, I love how it is a matte finish, works well with my combination/oily skin. Feels less cakey than MAC Studio Fix and MAC Prolongwear and definitely fights of the shine longer too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is sort of cakey and dries fast when applying. It certainly does work though. Great coverage. Very matte, true to what it advertises. You can't see what's left in your bottle, so that's a little annoying, but it's not a big deal. I'd recommend Mac Mineralize over this one, because it's much smoother...it could be because I'm not a huge matte fan though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This gives you flawless looking skin. It looks like skin, rather than foundation. What I don't like about this is that you need to use a lot of product and the package is rather small. I also don't like the bottle as when it appears empty there is probably a lot of product left in the bottle, but the plastic is too thick to cut open and you just have to throw it away. You have to apply this with fingers as it absorbs into your skin within seconds and a lot of the product is wasted when you use a brush.
It has good coverage and doesn't crease.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Asteil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is awful! I tried applying it 2 different ways. With my hands and a brush. Its very cakey no light way to apply this garbage. And mattefying? Yea right my skin was oily within the first 3 hours and it comes off with a simple brush of your skin. I will never purchase this stuff again. At first it looked airbrushed on but very cakey, then it ended up getting an orange tint yuck.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I have to say this product does not worth it's prize. I have really oily t zone. It claims that it can let me stay matt but I didn't feel much of the different than using drugstore foundation--or worse... It stay matt like 3hrs and then it start to come off of my skin. Even revlon can stay longer than it!!! Though it has great coverage. I like HD foundation better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by qhuincee

I bought this product recently due to the summer heat and the constant secretion of oil on my face. The saleslady swore it would absorb the oil from my face and it would stay matte all day but she was wrong. It stayed matte for maybe about, 3 hours then I start to see shine again. I even applied the duo matte powder foundation. It was such a disappointment since it cost me a fortune. However, it was easy to apply and it glides on nicely when you apply it. It does look nice and matte for the first 3 hours. If you have extreme oily face like mine, it might let you down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Reba6465

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the Matte Velvet foundation by make up forever for a week now. I love it!!!!! It gives just the right build able color and matches my skin perfectly. I put it on with a sponge and then barely dust it with translucent powder. It's perfect!