Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 2/4/2014 8:22:00 AM

After reading so many positive reviews about this foundation, I finally went to Sephora and bought it. As far as coverage, this foundation is fantastic, very natural colors, no orange tint. I don't understand the packaging, why is there like no product in the bottle? Also I literally put this product on and ten minutes later, it has already creased at the sides of my mouth and it does not last very long, 5 hours tops. I'm a simple girl, easy to please but this foundation is horrible. I wouldn't buy this if you have oily-combination skin. I'll stick to my MAC foundations, those people really know what they're doing

on 1/31/2014 8:16:00 PM

i have a combimation skin i used the make yp forever hd foundation at first i noticed the it fades away after one hour i hated my face although its coverage was good but i had a very shiny face so i searched for something to control oils i found this in the site and read the reviews and tried it in store i like it alot i used to take #15 in mufe hd but #20 fits my skin in mat velvet i think it also a bit lighter than #20 in the other one
i loved this foundation from the first use
especially because it lasts all the day make my face looks perfect i use it with mufe mattifying loose powder they give me a great result ive no need to use a primer with it cause my skin is too oily to shine after putting this foundation
in cold days to prevent dryness i can put it with "mac storbe cream" it gives me a natural glow with this matte foundation
the coverage is medium if u have some acne but if u have a good skin the coverage will be perfect for you
and yes i will buy it again :)

on 1/30/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have SUPER oily skin, and this is a godsend.
I apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender and it works like a dream.

I tend to also powder this foundation because i get super shiny throughout the day. I haven't had a problem or issue blending my contour, blush or concealer into it.
Just beautiful.

on 1/28/2014 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really do not like this foundation. I was super excited to buy it & try it out but sadly disappointed after wearing it a few times. I have acne-prone, combo oily - dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that would keep me matte, give me coverage & last on my skin. It wore off onto my jacket & my fiance noticed, needless to say i was embarrassed as I wondered how many other people have noticed my jacket. Also, when applying it, it goes on pretty sheer. Its a light coverage foundation. It did not cover my acne at all, even when I tried to layer. I found it looked like I was noticably wearing foundation if I built it up. I would definitely not recommend this product to people with similar skin. I have a sample of Double Wear (which is quite a bit cheaper) but I find it is a lot better of a product.

on 1/27/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation. It keeps my oily skin matte. I also love that I found a good match to my skin tone. The smell is nice too.

on 1/24/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I personally do not like this product at all. I had bought 2 bottles thinking that my first bottle was a bad batch because it did not do anything that it claims to do for my foundation. The first thing I noticed was the smell, it has a strong chemical smell which you can definitely smell on your face when you try it on. The color match is off, its more on the pinky side for almost all the shades. Initially it does mattify my face but throughout the day it starts to look blotchy and it makes my skin oily. This product also oxidizes especially on warmer days and I live in Hawaii so it does not withstand the humidity here.
Overall, I think this product was a waste of money and there are better and more affordable foundations out there. Probably one of the worst foundations Ive tried. On the plus side, the only thing I liked was the packaging.

on 1/21/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My new staple foundation. I am acne-prone and oiled up in my T-Zone areas and dry everywhere else, but once I apply this foundation, my goodness--talk about a total transformation. I use a #75 shade and it blends perfectly. After wearing it all day (~12hours), it still looks flawless and photo ready. I do prefer to blend it in with my fingers instead of my foundation brush. Glad I made the switch from Estee Lauder.

on 1/17/2014 1:49:00 AM

Not impressed with this foundation. This is almost 40 bucks so I definitely had higher expectations for it. It has a super POWDERY finish, which I just cannot stand. A super powdery looking face is very AGING and does not look good on anyone. With this on you can told tell your wearing a full face of makeup. Also, I have combo skin and there is no oil control to this foundation. It also broke me out in several red acne bumps. If you touch your face the makeup will come right off. My HG is Cover Girl Stay fabulous, which totally blows this pricey foundation out of the water. Its sweat proof, oily skin proof and just fabulous! It stays on 10x longer than the MUFE and does not transfer or look super powdery. I highly recommend the Cover Girl, go try it!

on 1/16/2014 8:58:00 PM

I got a sample of the lightest shade in this (as I am VERY pale) at Sephora and I was so excited to try it but so, so disappointed... I have oily acne prone skin and not only did it give me little breakout bumps despite being oil free, it did not blend well on my skin, was thick as molasses, and after only a few hours, became SO oily and slid off my skin... it also settled into my lines and pores big time. The coverage was medium at best and I still had to pile on the concealer for my blemishes and red spots. The only good thing about this foundation for me was the packaging. Very much like Clinique's foundation packaging (the brand I currently use).

I initially bought this after being matched by a specialist. I loved how natural it felt on my skin. It does a great job of mattifying skin. My skin has changed from being more combination/oily and acne prone, to extremely dry and acne prone so it was accentuating my dry skin which I hated. Also the color seems to change over time. I was matched as #30. It seems to get paler over a few months (I know I didn't get darker!). The next bottle I purchased also seemed to lighten. This is a great foundation but unfortunately doesn't work for my skin