September 17, 2014 | 1806 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by katluvstwix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation works pretty well, however, it broke me out and I had to stop using it after a week or so. I really wished this had been my holy grail foundation, considering how expensive it was (I could've just bought the Make Up Forever HD for 5 dollars more) but I will have to keep looking. I definitely feel like the MAC lady really pushed me to buy this. Especially because it was my first time buying a MAC foundation. Overall, I would not recommend this for everyday wear, but wearing it every now and then wouldn't hurt my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by TBOD69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thiss productt is greatt ! I havee acnee pronee , combinationn skinn so i was a little worriedd thatt itt wouldd breakk me outt or makee me oilyy sincee itts a cream foundationn ! But suprisinglyy itt didntt ! Itt workedd amazinglyy forr me ! I am shade NC30 andd itt blendds in withh my skinn perfectlyy evenn thoughh i didnt do the bestt jobb of pickingg my shadee itt still looks my skinn colorr ! Itt doesnt washh me outt , doesntt look blotchy orr makee me orangee ! Itts amazingg ! i dontt havee too cakee itt on to hidee my breakk outts justt a lightt coatingg of itt andd im good forr the dayy ! I findd i likee itt a little better iff i putt a little powderr on topp too sett itt but i alsoo justt usee itt alonee andd itts greatt eitherr wayy ! Itt gives a natural matte finishh. Thiss is an amazingg productt i deffinentlyy willl buyy againn !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this foundation for almost a year, it's great. Applied right, it lasts all day and gives a flawless finish. It's a bit pricey but well worth it. It's best applied with brush 130, or the bigger version.
However it is yellow toned and after a year my skin went in a different direction. I started to look sick so I stopped using it. I highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by VannaPatel

Good coverage however made me break out loads....also caused my skin to get overly oily after wearing the foundation for a few hours. Also seemed to cake on my skin around fine lines. Not my kinda foundation for my skin type.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product made me break out in horrible cystic acne. It does provide good coverage but the finish does not look natural on me. But to be fair, I have various undertones so no foundation has been able to recreate that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by GlossyGirlox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally this wouldn't be a product I'd gravitate towards because of the oily nature of my skin. But, I got my makeup done at the MAC counter and although the MA used like 3 different foundations in varying shades on my face, out of all of them, she recommended Studio Tech in NC50. I kinda cringed because I knew studio tech was a full cover cream foundation and I thought it would be too heavy for my face, especially considering the warm weather and how oily my skin gets. Although I am not too acne prone, I also worried that it might cause me to break out. Generally speaking, I am more of a powder foundation type girl. In the past I have used bare minerals, MAC skinfinish natural, and MAC studio fix powder plus foundation. My latest foundation prior to the studio tech, though, was actually a liquid one by Clinique called perfectly real. I really liked it and the reason was that it had a almost no make up feel on my face yet it had a fair amount of coverage, but the best thing about it was that it was VERY natural looking and being that it was Clinique, it was also non comedogenic. So to go from a light medium coverage foundation like that to Studio tech seemed a bit daunting. But, let me say, studio tech is kinda great. It's full coverage, like I said, so you don't need concealer and the coverage is amazing. There isn't a spot that it hasn't been able to make "disappear". Actually sometimes, for a quick get up and go look, I use the studio tech as concealer to spot treat individual blemishes and then I just dust a finishing powder all over. The trick to studio tech is to be light handed..too much and you WILL look like a barbie. Yes, your face will be flawless but it also will also give you that 'makeup mask' look. Even with a light hand, you can get perfect coverage, yet have it look somewhat natural. This is definitely my go-to product when I need my face to look glam for a night out. When I wore this for my grad party, I didn't touch up and I was in pictures all night, and it appeared my make up held up pretty well. I should also mention that I everytime I've used studio tech, I had on MAC's Prep + Prime skin primer underneath. I think it made the application very smooth and it helped with oil control and keeping my makeup from fading. I would recommend wearing the primer under studio tech to everyone, but I would especially recommend it to those with oily skin--its a must have imo!. Usually I spend about $25-$27 on foundation, so this one was slightly above my comfortable range seeing as it was about $32 with tax. But, the quality is great, so spending the few extra bucks on occasion is not too bad. I would purchase this again, but I wouldn't necessarily make this my everyday foundation.

P.S. Because this foundation is an emulsion, it can dry out if left open to air, so be sure to close the compact tightly after each use!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am MAC NC15 and Bobbi Brown Warm Ivory for reference : )

I use this as a backup for my BB Warm Ivory Oil-Free Cream Compact, which in my search of over 50 foundations this past year, is hands down my favorite. I actually smile when I think about it, because it is like MLBB but for my skin! I saw this in the MAC store and thought, hmm I should try their "version" of the cream foundation, since I tend to prefer cream and mineral foundations to liquids.

I tend to have combo skin, never dry, and oilier in the summer. I like to use a gel mattifying primer, such as Boscia's, to start; then if I am having a good skin day, use a yellow cream corrector on my under eyes circles, redness patches, and acne scars, then buff in a light mineral makeup on top, and seal with Coty translucent setting powder on the Tzone.

If I am having a "bad" skin day, then I use cream foundations like this one : ) I have also heard that mineral foundations are better because they tend to soak up more oil, and use those in the summer; and cream foundations are better for dry skin and tend to help lock in moisture and are good for winter. Have only tried this in the spring and summer, so can't really say.

It does have great coverage. If I am feeling lazy and want to skip the corrector which I also use as concealer, I can. It covers redness AND scars, which is my litmus test for how much coverage a foundation has.

I think it can look masky or cakey if you over apply - the way I try to apply is with my MAC 109 or the Maxine Mops from the arts and crafts store. these brushes really blend the product in, and so I can't imagine going through the product in 2 weeks like some of the other reviewers here. I would definitely NOT recommend using your fingers for this, as alot of product will get trapped under your fingernails or in your finger prints, and the amount of product is not as much as a bottle of foundation, so don't want to be wasteful. I don't think the coverage increases upon a heavier application, it just looks bad, so blending it out is the best call here.

It is a little bit more matte as a foundation than I would like, but it's between $25 and $30 I think; whereas my HG of HGs is $45? the Bobbi Brown. But I do think you get more product with the Bobbi Brown, and it just makes your face look ALIVE. I have never had a foundation make my skin look healthier and glowing when I just woke up, you know?

Anyway, this is a good foundation, but at the the end of the day, I probably would just save my pennies and buy my BB. But it feels too special to wear every day, and since I am starting a little foundation hoard, I had to keep this one too : )

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Kasey3435

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This creme foundation is WONDERFUL! It makes you look flawless<3 And you only need a little bit which is a huge PLUS ! I bought this around Christmas Time (Maybe earlier) and i'm still using it ! Today is July, 9th 2011, so this product has lasted me about 8 months and theres still plenty of product left it the jar/case thingy !!! it's a bit pricey for my budget, but it last a Long while so it pays for itself. This foundation can also be used as a concealer as well (: I adore this Product <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the NC 20 and I think this is a great foundation. It provides full coverage, it doesn't enhance oiliness and -contrary to what some think- it doesn't look cakey on my face. The packaging is great for travelling and hygienic. However, after 10 or 15 days of use I have hit pan but I think that's the only negative thing about it. I'll see how long it will finally last.
Edit:It feels qutie cool, fresh and dewy on my skin not in an oily way. Much better thanthe studio fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by deepseadivingsuit

I have mixed feelings about Studio Tech. I used it every day for a year (NC25, with matching Select Sheer pressed powder and NW25 Select Cover-Up concealer):

- It is the BEST foundation I've ever used, in terms of colour variety (it's MAC after all :)) and coverage. It makes me look like I have flawless skin and lasts all day.

- Eyeshadow and blush cling to it like magic.

- It's a bit cakey if you put too much on, but you can do with less if you're careful with streaking.

- My biggest problem:
I used to have close-to-perfect skin, with a few pimples here and there. But during my year of daily Studio Tech, it seemed like I needed to use more and more foundation to cover up my new rough patches and red spots, which I never used to have. (I was a bit lazy with my skincare at the time, but I still used makeup remover and night cream every night.) I've stopped using foundation altogether for 2 years now, and have only just regained my original skin quality.

For me, it's now a special occasion foundation, but it's definitely the first one I'll reach for. Proceed with caution and an immaculate skincare regimen.