April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by superrach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

every time i use it my (sensitive) skin stings. and it smells AWFUL

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a huge fan of this cleanser. Its very creamy and does not foam whatsoever. It has a very natural (earthy) scent and also contains menthol, which causes an awesome tingle, which I LOVE. If you do not like products that have that cool, tingly sensation (such as Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask), this cleanser may not be for you. This product never leaves my skin feeling dry or tight and has significantly improved the overall appearance of my skin. I can't attest to how well it actually removes makeup, as I use make up removing towelettes before I cleanse my skin at night. I would definitely repurchase this cleanser!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lellypop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, but like all of the other Burt's Bees products I have tried it's lacking - minus lip balms, and cuticle cream (love those) . I used this for about 3 months, and it did absolutely nothing for my skin. It doesn't clean makeup, or remove dirt/oil. In fact, it leaves a residue, and made my skin very greasy at times. My search continues for a natural facial cleanser for combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by vix3n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use it after scrubbing my face with Burt's Bees Facial cleanser and a facial scrubbing pad from The Body Shop. I find that scrubbing the face prior to using this product maximizes the absorption into the skin. The cool tingly sensation is really refreshing and it helps prevent and heal spots where I've popped out black huge heads after steamings. I also love the how the ingredients are 98.8% natural. Most products dry up my skin or make it oilier but this on doesn't. LOVE IT!

My face cleansing rituals include:
- makeup removal with a little olive oil
- face wash with Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser using a face scrubbing pad from The Body Shop
- rinse off with warm water and a face towel
- second cleansing with Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream
- rinse off with warm water and face towel
- finished off with Neutrogena oil-free face moisturizer for combination skin

I hope this review with help some people out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soothed my redness effectively. Usually I am read for awhile I cleanse my skin and I am blotchy in the morning. This sorts it out. The consistency does feel waxy and I was initially concerned with it leaving a film on my skin, but it doesn't. The sensation is refreshing. My skin doesn't feel tight either. I use it as my second cleanser, I use Simple Spotless Skin Triple action face wash first. then I leave massage this on, works best if your hands are warm then a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by nychic1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product for my 12 year old son. He is at that point where he needs a face cleanser, but nothing medicated yet. This fit the bill perfectly.

I had noticed that his smooth baby soft skin was beginning to look rather bumpy. After one use, his face was so clear. The color even, the texture smooth.

He loved the scent and the tingle the menthol provides. I hope this will work for a few years at least, before we need to switch him to something stronger.

I recommend this for a young person, that does not use make up, but needs a little bit extra clean that soap alone no longer provides. Or perhaps as a gentle morning cleanser for someone older with normal skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by babalou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really wanted to like this which was a gift. Nice, hygienic tube packaging. Too tingly on my skin though, the menthol is overpowering in both scent and effect. It causes immediate prickly feeling on my skin (which is sensitive) and for me trashes the idea that I am using a gentle product.

I assume menthol has been added to give the sense of a 'deep clean' but am not convinced there is anything in this cleanser which cleanses any better than any other, including my usual, chamomile by Neal's Yard which genuinely is gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by srasaviola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is really sensitive, so I try to stay away from products that contain parabens and fragrance/parfum. My original go-to cleanser was Avalon ve Organics Lavender Skin Care Cleansing Milk but decided to try out Burt's Bees as a cheaper alternative (by about $5 or so). I love it. My biggest gripe with the cleanser is that it doesn't remove makeup on it's own, so I usually wipe my face with jojoba oil first before washing my face. That helps a lot.

Whenever I try to use another kind of cleanser, my face breaks out and I tend to resort back to good ol' Burt's Bees. It smells great and has a refreshing, tingling sensation while washing. It's good for every-day use and doesn't dry out my skin (which is sensitive/dry to begin with). I recently paired it with Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Daily Moisturizing Lotion and it's a great duo. (The moisturizer can make your skin a bit oily, so I try to use no more than 1 1/2 pumps.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Nelley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a great product. I've been using it for over 3 months. I use to use it twice a day, in the mornings when I wake up and night to remove foundation and cleanse skin. However I noticed that when I would use a toner afterwards that the cleanser was not cleaning all the make-up off. So now I only use it the mornings when I take a hot shower, it feels really good and cleans the excess oil off my face without leaving my face feeling dry but smooth. If you want a great cleanser that will get all the make-up off I recommend using Cetaphil daily facial cleanser for normal to oily skin.
I use that at night and use the Burts in the mornings.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by KateSchuette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. Gentle, organic-y; and I for one love products with menthol (Japanese eyedrops, anyone? Best ever). I thought since I'm 23 my skin would be over the acne thing and I could just wash my face with nature.

After using this for a little while and blaming my skin problems on my moisturizer, I realized that the reason little blackheads are beginning to multiply on my chin is probably because my pores have been left to fend for themselves. I think I need to go find something that cleans more deeply.

I'm still going to keep this for when my skin feels really dry, but I'm going back to Eucerin on a daily basis.