August 22, 2014 | 1143 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Toyotacarina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely rich creamy cleanser that leaves my skin feeling super refreshed and clean. I have combo skin and this has never dried me out or made me oily, infact I find it balances the two. The menthol really makes my face tingle not to mention wakes me up on those groggy early mornings. Skin feels soft and less blotchy after use. I only use this in the morning as Ive found it doesnt remove makeup at all but easily washes away any creams/dirt from the night before. Its cheap as chips, i picked this up for 10euro. It has never broken me out and thats good enough for me! Oh and its all natural, what more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by sdpink1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser! My husband suggested it when I was on a new cleanser search and I was very surprised. It made my skin feel soft and fresh.I love the cool tingle it has. Works pretty well for makeup removal but I sometimes notice a little left over when using my toner but that's the case with even high end cleanser.it also work well for my dry skin.it's a bit overpriced. I paid 10$.but still a great find.Id defiantly repurchase it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I got this at my local Walgreens but you can find this at pretty much any drugstore, Walmart, Target, etc. As for the price, I believe I paid around $10 for this (a bit pricier than most drugstore cleansers and in my opinion NOT worth its price). So I used this for a few months and I was actually pretty excited to try it out. I've never tried out Burt's Bee's skincare before so I wanted to give this a shot. However, I was prettttty disappointed with this cleanser. Although it did make me feel squeaky clean after and I felt that it did remove the dirt/left over makeup, it just wasn't good enough. I didn't see any improvements with my skin at all and I noticed my blemishes continued to come (I know, I know, it doesn't contain any acne medication but STILL!)
Also, a huge turn off was that no matter how hard I tried to avoid my eye area, somehow this cleanser always seems to get into my eyes and ohmygosh ... it STINGS.
All in all, I wasn't impressed with this cleanser and probably won't be repurchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by siempredescalzo

I do love the scent and fresh tingling sensation this cleanser provides (do NOT use around your eyes though. I made that mistake once and once only) however I was disappointed that it does not remove my foundation at all. I've since designated this as my cleanser for non makeup days. It's nice and I'll continue to use it as it does soothe my redness a bit, but I don't see a reason to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only time I use this cleanser is with my Clarisonic Mia. It works great, but I really don't like how it lathers with my hands alone because it remains too creamy. It cleans my skin very well, but I CANNOT use it around my eye area because it really stings my eyes. Otherwise, it's a fairly good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by superrach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

every time i use it my (sensitive) skin stings. and it smells AWFUL

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a huge fan of this cleanser. Its very creamy and does not foam whatsoever. It has a very natural (earthy) scent and also contains menthol, which causes an awesome tingle, which I LOVE. If you do not like products that have that cool, tingly sensation (such as Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask), this cleanser may not be for you. This product never leaves my skin feeling dry or tight and has significantly improved the overall appearance of my skin. I can't attest to how well it actually removes makeup, as I use make up removing towelettes before I cleanse my skin at night. I would definitely repurchase this cleanser!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lellypop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, but like all of the other Burt's Bees products I have tried it's lacking - minus lip balms, and cuticle cream (love those) . I used this for about 3 months, and it did absolutely nothing for my skin. It doesn't clean makeup, or remove dirt/oil. In fact, it leaves a residue, and made my skin very greasy at times. My search continues for a natural facial cleanser for combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by vix3n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use it after scrubbing my face with Burt's Bees Facial cleanser and a facial scrubbing pad from The Body Shop. I find that scrubbing the face prior to using this product maximizes the absorption into the skin. The cool tingly sensation is really refreshing and it helps prevent and heal spots where I've popped out black huge heads after steamings. I also love the how the ingredients are 98.8% natural. Most products dry up my skin or make it oilier but this on doesn't. LOVE IT!

My face cleansing rituals include:
- makeup removal with a little olive oil
- face wash with Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser using a face scrubbing pad from The Body Shop
- rinse off with warm water and a face towel
- second cleansing with Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream
- rinse off with warm water and face towel
- finished off with Neutrogena oil-free face moisturizer for combination skin

I hope this review with help some people out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soothed my redness effectively. Usually I am read for awhile I cleanse my skin and I am blotchy in the morning. This sorts it out. The consistency does feel waxy and I was initially concerned with it leaving a film on my skin, but it doesn't. The sensation is refreshing. My skin doesn't feel tight either. I use it as my second cleanser, I use Simple Spotless Skin Triple action face wash first. then I leave massage this on, works best if your hands are warm then a little goes a long way.