Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

on 1/24/2012 7:18:00 PM

Just bought this cleanser last week after using shiseido 'perfect whip' and returning it. I had a bad reaction to that product- the amount of chemicals contains in a single cleanser is disgusting. After a single wash my usually resilient skin was dry, irritated and broke out in a rash. You could feel the chemicals as you used the product.

So it goes without saying that I was looking for a replacement cleanser that was gentle and relatively natural but still effective to use on my combination/acne prone skin. This cleanser was exactly that. I didn't have high expectations, mainly due to the price ($18 AUD) and few ingredients, but I was really impressed. I have tried so many cleansers, most recently finished a bottle of Avene Cleanance, but this was so much better. I love that it feels natural and gentle, and its a really nice consistency- between a gel and a cream. The bottle is great and hygienic and the cleanser removes all my makeup without any residue or tight feeling. After cleansing, I am left with baby soft skin that glows and looks much clearer, and has a slight natural 'green' fragrance which is refreshing. This cleanser has rebalanced my skin, and I have less breakouts and dry areas, with a more even skin tone.

I would have never thought you could get such a good cleanser for less that $20 but I have been proved wrong. This is definitely my new HG cleanser and I highly recommend it to anyone with normal/combination skin. The only negative is that it contains methylparaben, otherwise it would be a perfect cleanser.

on 1/15/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was an early Christmas gift to myself and let me tell you, I am glad I bought it.

This cleanser has virtually gotten rid of all my acne. How? I'm not quite sure, but as it has gotten rid of my acne, it has also made my skin so much smoother and softer. I usually have to use harsh products to control my oily combination skin, but this does just fine, while still leaving my skin moisturized. I have noticed that my makeup has a better application now that I am using this product.

It's $20.00, which isn't cheap, but I have been using it for about three weeks, and my bottle is basically still full. Also, it gives you a lot of product - like 16oz worth of product for that price. Not too bad!

I definitely would recommend this to anyone with oily combination or combination skin! It's a great buy and I know I will definitely continue to use this product for years to come.

on 1/6/2012 4:47:00 PM

I guess after always coming back to this for over 7 years it's long overdue I claim this as a favorite. No super bells or whistles just a nice cleanser that never breaks me out. I adore the scent and love that it doesn't foam up. I wish it had a better ingredient list but all in all it has minimal ingredients. It's also priced super well.

on 1/3/2012 1:16:00 PM

Although I loved the smell and fresh feeling of this cleanser, I don't feel it actually did any deep cleansing. I have combination skin and my T-zone easily forms whiteheads so I wanted a gentle/natural cleanser but unfortunately it couldnt control my oil throughout the day. I didn't form new whiteheads but my skin became very shiny towards the middle ( I also used the yellow toner by badescu). So if your skin gets oily fast, not sure this is for you.

on 12/20/2011 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Miracle in a bottle! I've been using this stuff twice a day for only 3 days now and I am already seeing major improvement in my skin! I am a young teen with acne-prone, oily-combo skin and this stuff really helps clean my pores, unclog blackheads & whiteheads, and even prevent & clear up my acne! I really love the texture and smell of this product. I feel like I am actually treating my skin with this, unlike most of the non-working drugstore cleansers out there. I have used so many and I've finally found the cleanser I've been looking for all these years! It hasn't cleared up my acne but it is helping and I can really see a difference already that my skin has improved. I exchanged my MB Acne Cleanser for this and I am so glad I did! That product was okay but didn't really do anything to help my acne, but this does! It does not irritate my sensitive skin or dry it out, but it does help my oily skin become more matte..and I think that's awesome! It's also evening out my skintone! I have never used a cleanser that does so many amazing things for my face. I am truly impressed thus far!! I will write an update in a week or so to show progress.

on 11/19/2011 1:04:00 AM

Not a good product for me, this plus another MB product left my skin very irritated and I'm still working on repairing my skin barrier 6 months later. At the same time, my acne cleared up completely while using this and I broke out again when I stopped so I might have had more luck with this product when I was younger and had oilier, less sensitive skin. Also, I really dont trust MB's ingredient listings as this product seems to have color and fragrance added and there is none listed (this is not the only one of their products I've seen where the ingredients don't add up.)

on 11/10/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Yes, yes, yesss. I love this stuff! I ordered this product off of Hautelook so I got it for an awesome price ($18 for 16oz if I remember correctly).

First off, the bottle is effing HUGE. I have a feeling this cleanser is going to last me a year, maybe even longer. With this product, I only need to use the tiniest amount! A pea size and a half is perfect. This is the first non-foaming cleanser that I've tried so it definitely took a bit of getting used to. It's a really smooth consistency. I occasionally use this with a Skinsonic (Clarisonic-type cleansing brush) but I actually like it more when I just use my hands.

The smell of this cleanser put me off a bit at first but now I'm used to it, I don't even notice it. I really like the color and sometimes it looks like there are shimmers in the product!

I like the fact that there are so few ingredients too. I can pronounce everything in the list. That's one of the reasons I really wanted to try these products.

This cleanser really has helped me skin a lot! I was previously using the PTR Beta Hydroxy Acid cleanser, which I loved, but this Mario Badescu cleanser has just stolen my heart. My skin is so smooth, it's ridiculous. Like, my face seriously feels like a baby's butt. I rarely break out now and I feel like it's even helping the blackheads I've got too. The main reason I wanted this cleanser is because of the gentle exfoliation because of the papaya extract. I feel like this is helping my hyperpigmentation a lot! Whenever I get a pimple, I always get a dark spot afterwards. This cleanser is helping to fade those.

on 10/18/2011 9:05:00 AM

Over all fun, average cleanser... too large of bottle.. make you feel like you are using a bargain brand or something. Not bad to use as a body wash in all honesty.

on 10/17/2011 11:04:00 PM

My skin is sensitive, and I used to have terribly combo skin which was very oily in the T-zone causing an overload of blackheads which lead to me over cleansing which led to a flaky nose 24/7. Over the past 6 months I have been researching and changing my skincare routine. I read reviews on this cleanser and decided to give it a try. It is non foaming and non irritating. I also think that it smells wonderful. When I first started to use this cleanser, I used it along with Mario's Silver Powder to really hit my skin. The first week was TERRIBLE but in a good way, as my skin was purging everything out. I had so many more pimples than I usually ever get and I was beginning to worry, but after that my skin has never looked better. This cleanser helps with blackheads,whiteheads. My skin is so clear and glowing with NO REDNESS. I think I've found my HG.

on 10/7/2011 2:50:00 PM

I'm really enjoying this cleanser. I have very, very sensitive skin that's very combination, with nose, chin, and between eyebrows prone to lots of tiny little papules and milia-type oil plugs. I'm always wary of strong products because I often feel I break out worse the more aggressively I try to just treat these little almost-invisible oil plugs. However, I was impressed at the very short, pronounceable list of ingredients in this cleanser. It took a few uses to get used to the fact that it doesn't foam, but it rubs in beautifully with fingers, and always leaves my skin feeling perfect once I've patted dry. My face feels refreshed, purified, and clean, while never feeling the least bit tight or dry - and this has happened to me with other cleansers marketed as being for "sensitive" skin. I feel it's effective enough at night to get everything off (I use jojoba oil or Boscia's oil cleanser if I'm wearing very heavy sunscreen or tons of makeup, which is admittedly rare), and gentle enough for use in the morning when I don't need as much of a deep cleanse. I'm very impressed, and also think it's a pretty good bargain, since you get a fairly huge 8oz bottle for 12$ - given the generous size of it that seems to be almost on par with most drugstore brands. Overall, I'm impressed, and plan to repurchase - recommend if you see your skincare in my description - super sensitive combo types. A winner! The packaging could be a tiny bit better, but it's honestly not even enough for me to take off a star since I feel this is such an effective product.