September 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this cleanser. It is gentle, thick, has good ingredients, does not dry out my skin, and leaves my skin feeling soft. Unlike the Seaweed cleansing soap, it does not leave behind a "squeaky"-clean feel as if the skin has been stripped of all its natural oils. It also does not leave my skin feeling tight. Cetaphil also has some of those qualities, but I never felt like it was getting my face CLEAN. This cleanser is 10x's better. I was a little disappointed in the smell because all of the other MB products I tried have wonderful wonderful smells and this one I didn't like as much. This works great with my Clarisonic and I alternate between this and the Glycolic foaming cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

My favorite facial cleanser ever. Great with my clairsonic but also amazing just using my fingertips. Gentle, effective, reasonably priced and smells great. It does not irritate or dry out my super sensitive skin. I've used this exclusively for the past year. The Bf and I have probably gone thru 6 bottles of this stuff, and it works equally well for his less sensitive more oily skin. The ONLY reason I deducted one lippie is because its pretty ineffective for removing eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I credit my good skin to Mario Badescu products. I had really bad skin from my teens to early 20s... it was just horrible. I went to dermatologists but topical creams didn't do anything but dry out my skin. After reading about Mario Badescu on MUA, I purchased the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. It has turned my skin around! I alternate between this and the Acne cleanser and I see myself using MB for a long long time. The cleansing gel is gentle and smells pretty ok. I use this with a MIA Clarisonic everyday and I can tell my skin is less oily and bumpy. I also have less blemishes and now can use Tinted Moisturizers instead of heavy foundations. This stuff is really worth it to me. Love this stuff!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i bought the small size of this first just to try it out but bought the full size recently. i keep the small one in my shower to use with my clarisonic. i put it on and let it sink in for awhile then use the clarisonic. i like it. it get a good cleanse but i might need something a little heavier for my super oily skin. for me there's no burning or irritation just clean soft skin. i do rotate this one with the glycolic foaming cleanser and the acne wash (both my mario badescu).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This broke me out so badly in cysts across my forehead, chin and cheeks. It also made my lips and eyes sting whenever I used it, even when I made sure to completely avoid those areas. Look closely and you'll see there is shimmer/glitter in the cleanser?! So strange. I do like that it comes in such a generous sized bottle though.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by steph444

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my pores look even bigger. My face also felt oiler after using this. My teen daughter has great results. I will stick to Bare Escentuals or Philosophy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by aishouss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like how the enzyme cleansing lotion smells, and how gentle it is. It says it's suppose to remove makeup, but I don't think it does the best job at that, but overall, I think it's a nice gentle cleanser. Here's video review of different Mario Badescu products I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by kelliks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. It makes me want to wash my face over and over. It smells wonderful, is extremely lightweight and it leaves my skin feeling so fresh and smooth. This is a true cleanser, it is not an acne product. It use it in the mornings and at night. Some people don't like the fact that it doesn't foam, but I like how it leaves my skin feeling after use better than foaming cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by catah21

i recently received this as a sample.. after i completed the questionare on the Mario Badescu website. they recommended a couple items once they analzyed my skin. I came home to a nice collection of samples and the cleanser was one of them. I have combo/ance prone skin.. and recently just broke out.. and i used the cleanser last night and already my skin feels and looks better.. It doesnt dry you out like most acne fighting cleansers. I will defiantely purchase once i use up the sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Jkeo22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW! I LOVE THIS CLEANSER! I use it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I bought this because of the reviews here on MUA and I'm very pleased I did. Before using this gel, my skin was not in it's best condition. I have occasional breakouts (I get a new pimple every week), my skin is combo/oily and I have pretty bad acne scars. After using this gel, my clinique clarifying lotion 2 and bio oil/Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion (I use bio oil as a moisturizer at night, aveeno face lotion during the day) my skin is well on it's way to being PERFECT! I also use Mario Badescu's Whitening Mask too. I have absolutely no break outs on my face right now and my scars are minimizing. I highly recommend MB to everyone, although it is pricey, it's well worth the money! I Love You Mario Badescu! Marry me!