July 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Perkup1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a self proclaimed lip balm addict, so of course I have to have all of the balms that Smith's makes. Of all of them, the Minted Rose Lip Balm is my FAVE! It has rose oils with pepperment oils to create a refreshing lip balm that is perfect! It was created specially for my favorite store - Sephora, and it will set you back $7. It's a multi-purpose lip balm that is not only for lips, but it's meant to calm and heal irritation, and soothe the sting of minor burns. Personally, I only use it as a lip balm. They say to try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness. I also LOVE the original Rosebud Salve. Both the minted and the original are at my bedside table as a part of my nightly routine. I don't care for the Strawberry Lip Balm because I feel that the strawberry is too fake, I REALLY dislike Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm for the funky smell and if I am desperate for something STRONG, I reach for the Smith's Mentholated Salve. In the meantime, sticking with my favorite Minted Rose with the lovely tin packaging it comes in!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by littlemissme

I LOVE this lip balm! Its pretty cheap and it works great! The jar is so hard to open though. I think I will buy two more of these and keep them in every bag! The color, the texture, and the taste is the best! And it makes my lips oh so smooth. Its a must have!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by evilkim

I tried the original rosebud salve, and although I used it till the end, I didn't love it nor feel the need to repurchase. However, my friend decided to try the minted rose version and therefore I bought one as well. I like the minty and slightly tingly feeling this version provides, but alas, I don't think I'll repurchase any of the rosebud salve. Also, I find that this is not a lip balm you'd use as a base for your lipstick (gloss is okay).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Estrelinha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim and I have to say, I really like it! I find myself constantly reaching for it throughout the day. I like the minty, tingling, cooling sensation from it, too. The texture is very smooth and it goes on very light (never heavy). I find the product quite moisturizing and it helps soothe my lips when they feel dry and chapped. It also adds a rosey hue to my lips - very pretty and natural. Some people have problems with the packaging...probably not the most hygenic, but I don't mind it really.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by yeesv

I like the original Rosebud Salve and the strawberry version, but I have to say this was one of the worst lip balms I have ever tried. I love how it tinted my lips, but I hate the high concentration of peppermint oil or whatever ingredient that destroys this product. This dried out my lips and made them more chapped than before I put it on. I highly discourage people from purchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in my bag, my dresser, and some in the fridge (long story). I really love this stuff - especially the color. I'm always looking for sheer red tint and this is just perfect. It feels like gel, goes on minty and cold, and moisturizes quite well but not as well as my Neutrogena lip balm. But that one doesn't have color so I prefer this instead. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the scent and packaging of this stuff, but not so much the product. It smells great and feels good, however once on, it has that petroleum-like smell/taste that is not pleasant. It also has no flavor except for petroleum jelly. Yuck. I didn't notice any tingling at all from the mint. In the future I'll stay with Burt's Beeswax, my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by eat245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of the Smith's Rosebud Salves (I've tried original and strawberry, too). The texture is a little goopy, and it tends to melt easily. The scent is really mild and the mint feels great- nice and tingly without being too intense (like lip venom- ouch!). It also has a faint reddish tint on my lips. I wish the packaging was a stick or tube so I didn't have to use my hands, but otherwise I love this stuff and will definitely buy it again. The tin lasts a long time, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by runrgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product since I see it on so many must-have lists, and the little tin is very cute and retro. But I couldn't figure out why I kept putting it in the drawer and using something else. Then I read that it contains borax. (I checked on several websites to be sure.) That explains it - borax is used in small amount as an emulsifier - it helps oil-based and water-based ingredients to mix together smoothly. But borax is also a desiccant. That means it is a drying agent. Now, there is probably only a tiny amount in the tin, but still, I don't want a drying agent in my lip moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the texture, scent, and tingle of this product, but I hate how red it makes my lips. I wasn't expecting it to be so tinted; it's almost like a brighter version of BeneTint. My lips are already deeply pigmented and don't need the extra colour, and against my pale skin I feel like this makes me look clownish. I wouldn't buy it again myself, but I would recommend it to someone who likes minty lip balms that are light in texture, and provide a bit of a tint and gloss. The scent is unusual and, in my opinion, fantastic, and the tin is adorable (if a bit hard to open).