December 21, 2014 | 1551 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by stealurheartxox

I don't know how this liner doesn't have a higher rating!!!! I love this product. I have been using it for about four years. Once you get use to the brush, it is the best liner known to man! I can swim in it, workout or sleep in it. It never irritates my sensitive eyes.

Many people on here have commented that it is hard to remove, but if you use the RIGHT makeup remover it's easy. When I make mistakes or want to remove it, I simply use Neutrogena eye makeup remover (oil-free). This works the same as Lancome's bi-facil for me. It isn't harsh on my eyes and with it, a q-tip can remove this longlasting liner. SIMPLE :o)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Cheddar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I returned this one after trying it about three times, because it is NOT awesome.

It had good staying power and is very black, although I was able to remove it the same day with MAC wipes. However, there was a bit of scrubbing involved which left my eyes kind of irritated. I slept in it one night for testing purposes, and it pretty much stayed on. I love brushes for liquid liner, so I bought Liquidlast because I don't like to order cosmetics online and the closest Sephora is 45 minutes away. Yes, I am impatient! Unfortunately, the Liquidlast brush is pretty much awful; it is too big for a precise line and there were random hairs sticking out all over which led to an extra line above my lash line...lame! Especially when it is so hard to get off. The formula itself is kind of gloppy and inconsistent. Between the brush and the formula this was difficult to work with. It may be workable with a different brush, but if I'm going to have use a different brush for my liner, I might as well try Fluidline.

Anyhow, I will be sticking with Urban Decay, or maybe trying out Fluidline again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by julieanne80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reasearching a liquid liner that would last long without peeling or flaking. Well, in terms of lasting power, this one is off the charts. It stays on so well, it's VERY difficult to get it off. I've been wearing liquid liner for years, so I'm not a rookie, but sometimes I like to fix little imperfections with a q-tip and makeup remover just to get a perfect line, this one however, does not really let me do that, unless I'm lightning fast! It sets very quickly and then you're stuck with what you put down! For this reason I gave it a 3 because I find it a bit low on the user-friendly side, plus I find it kind of pricey for the amount you get. As for color, the black is a really good intense bold black, which is a bonus. So I guess I probably won't repurchase this. My eyes get too raw trying to take it off. The only thing that moves it is oily makeup remover and I can not stand the way that feels on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well what can I say! I picked this up on a whim as i needed a new liquid liner, didn't put much thought into it and just grabbed the first one I saw in MAC. I'm so glad I did! WOW this stuff doesnt budge. I like how thin the brush is, hard to make mistakes and easy to make a thin or a thick line by building it up. This stuff does not smudge or run at all. The only downside is trying to clean it off!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This liner is like CEMENT. It most definitely passes the pool test! You'll be needing baby oil to get this one off because make up remover is not going to do the trick. I find this one goes on a little patchier than the Coco Bar colour but it's not a big deal. It's also a TRUE black colour, no gray or red or blue tone to it. I do wish the brush was a little sturdier but no product is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by msue23

I've gone through 3 bottles of this stuff, I love it so much. I find that I still have to set it sometimes with eyeshadow over top, just so my eyelash curler doesn't chip it off, but even then the chipping is minimal. I wore it on my birthday and I was thoroughly caked in the face. After I cleaned myself off with just some water, it literally looked like nothing happened. I didn't have to make any touch ups at all, and no one could believe it. This stuff is absolutely ridiculous, and worth every penny.

You HAVE to take this off with an oil based remover though. I massage baby oil or olive oil on my face to break it down at the end of the day. Also, I wouldn't recommend using this in a rush. I use a blow drier on a cool setting to speed up the drying time in the morning because it takes so long, but once it's dry it's like cement.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, the eyeliner to answer my prayers. This is the be-all and end-all of all liquid liners. Seriously, my HG, and I've never had one of those before. Since I have Asian eyes, eyeliner NEVER stays on for me. It always smudges or flakes and it is extremely annoying, even with primer and everything. But this stuff stays like no other. I don't wear liner very often because it doesn't stay, but with this I can wear eyeliner till the cows come home. The only thing is, it's kind of hard to get off, but it's a small price to pay for stuff that it basically indestructible.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: Took off a lippie because I actually do find that the thick brush is hard to work with. I don't even bother trying to apply this anymore. If this had a better brush, I think it would be perfect.

***Original review***
At last, an eyeliner that stays on for more than a couple hours! I don't wear eyeliner very often and it's precisely because I can't find one that stays put or lasts! But now I have. I really like the formula of this. I actually tested it on my hand and it stayed on and didn't smudge for 2 days. It did fade however from washing my hands and showering, but that's expected. Comes off easily with my Clinique Take The Day Off, although I still have small traces of it in between my lashes. It's also easy to fix with a q-tip and Pond's cold cream (or probably any makeup remover) if you make a mistake.

This is my 1st waterproof liner, though, and my 3rd liquid liner. I've bought 2 from Wet n' Wild, non-waterproof and waterproof. They smudged so easily, although I did like the brush of the non-waterproof one.

The only downside to MAC Liquidlast is the brush. It's flat so it's hard to make fine lines, but it's doable. You kind of have to shape the tip to be pointed so it's easier to work with. I can make a thin line on my lashline w/o problem, but it's slightly difficult for me to draw a nice wing with.

Still, I would repurchase unless I find another liner that stays as well AND has a nice pointed brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

I cried after this eyeliner stayed in my waterline the entire day!!! Guess what after I cried, k so I more teared up, my eyeliner was still in my waterline!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love this. If needed, I would pay 100 dollars for this HG eyeliner cuz it is the only thing that has ever, and I mean EVAH stayed in my waterline. I have searched high and low and now I have found my one true love other than my husband, of course. I have heard rumors that they may discontinue this product because they now have the superslick liquid eyeliner, but please MAC there is room for both products. I have even contacted MAC to find out if the rumors are true. Unlike most people, I have not had issues with the removal of the product. I am in love ladies! Please don't break my heart MAC by discontinuing my HG eyeliner. I am already starting to tear up and my eyeliner is STILL on!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by zombiexunicorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow. This eyeliner stays on ALL day. It's amazing.
I put it on every morning and it stays on all day without fading or smudging. I can rub my eye and not worry about it!
When I put it on, it felt warm, which I find really cool, since all other liquid eyeliners I've tried felt really cold on my eye.
It even stays on my waterline. It's that amazing.
Once I went to bed without removing my eyeliner, and it stayed on after sleeping, without smudging or fading. This eyeliner is awesome.
The one downside is that it's so long wearing that it's REALLY hard to get off. I use cheap makeup wipes to remove my makeup, and removing this takes forever.