November 22, 2014 | 994 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is good for putting on cream blushes and maybe foundation in tight places. But using it for cream blushes, it is great. It could probably pick up more product, but the way this brush applies it, is fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

This is way too small for blush. The only time I use it is for a duo cream blush that I have from Becca that is too small for any other brush. It is a nice brush, quality-wise, and if you do a lot of contouring, it may be good for that, but i don't, so I am a bit at a loss for what else this will be good for once the Becca is gone.....EDIT I've been using this to apply the Guerlain pressed meteorite powder in Mythic under my eyes. It's really good for that as it is so soft and applies very little. Got the idea from the Benefit under eye powder stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

OMG!!this brush is heaven for blushes..most of my blushes are very2 pigmented so i need to use a light hand when applying it but most of the time i tend to apply too much..but not after i get this brush..it'll apply your blushes( or bronzers) effortlessly.it is very unlikely that i will apply to much now..its also great to blend cream blushes..go get it already!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by geener

ive always been a sucker for brushes and this was no exception. However my wallet runs tight and the sole reason i decided to spluge my first mac brush on 188 rather than 187 is due to the slightly cheaper cost. anywho, i actually really like this brush and after about a month of daily usage the tip is still extremely soft. i'd say it has shed maybe 3 hairs at most (and only from the black fibre). i use this with my studio fix powder and it gives my face a very nice airbrushed base. Much better to using sponges or puffs or kabuki brush. my only con is that because it IS smaller, application time is increased. however the mini size gives it a great edge to concealing dark circles and u also get to feel the softness of the brush on your face.. longer... :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by mznes

This brush I could have done without. It can be used for liquid foundation, powder, cream, etc. I use this brush for cream blush and to highlight. But I hardly pull out my cream blush or hightlighter's so I have been practically looking straight through this brush. =/ But... If you do use cream blushes a lot, this would be a good one for you! Just stipple your brush into the cream blush and then stipple onto your face and then blend. It gives your cheeks just the right amount of product, same concept to highlight. I believe there are a couple dupes of this brush out there if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. This is not a must have brush in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

This brush is worth every penny! This is the perfect size for your cheeks. It makes ANY blusk look glowy! It's excellent for applying highly pigmented blushes because it softens them up. It's also good for MSF's b/c they are so soft and regular brushes just eat through them so fast. I also use this with my gel blush (Just A Pinch from the Rose Romance Collection) b/c it's so highly pigmented and this brush put's on just the right amount of product. If I ever lost my brush, I would definatley buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i dont use this for foundation i use it for a blush brush and it is real nice that way... i think its to little for foundation but thats just my opinion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this brush! I have 2 of them and I use one to apply my liquid foundation and the other for cream blush. It blends so well and leaves no traces of application on your face. It makes your foundation look like a second skin and not like foundation! Now if only MAC would make a really mini version of this brush for concealing...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lostmyseoul

This brush does apply liquid foundation flawlessly and it makes me use less products!! i even use to appy moisturizer!! The brush is worth its money as it will be my "Everything" brush so if you invest in one brush invest in this one!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Erm...ok ive just read the reviews here after buying this brush and I can see im definitely the odd one out here! But the brush i just did not like at all. Where do i even start...firstly, the obvious its very expensive 25 in the UK! The MA rec this for cream blush application- i tried that and either too much blush went on or i could not blend it into my cheeks properly. Then I tried it for foundation- ewww picked up far too much and couldnt blend it in. My foundation looked heavy and cakey it only looked smooth and nice once i did it with my fingers. Then theres the shedding. All over my face black hairs. That has never happened to me before with MAC brushes. Just awful. The thing is my 190 is so perfect it does everything- my foundation looks flawless with it, and my creme blush just glides on using it too so i dont know what i was thinking getting this piece of rubbish. Also after using the brush just twice it only had a little foundation on and blush cream but it really smells terrible. Couldnt wait to chuck this in the rubbish disguisting little thing.