January 25, 2015 | 1922 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great little brush for mineralized blushes. It's small enough to fit onto the apples of your cheeks and the white bristles makes it easier to blend out the mineralized product. If used for foundation it is even better because it's small enough to get into the trickiest spots on your fast, like the side of your nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have both 187 and 188. I love both of them but I think I like 188 better since it is smaller and gives you a more precise application. This is a must have brush, I will definetely get 1 or 2 more 188s to use for different purposes. This baby applies the products well, almost airbrushed, you dont get that layered made up look at all, and the products just blend beautifully with your skin. You have to get some tutoring on how to use the brush though, ask a MAC assistant or watch it on youtube. If you have a heavy hand the results won't be good at all. Technique ladies, is extremely important with any brush, and especially with this one.

***Edit Jan 2011***

Hmmm, it sheds once in a while.. One lippie of for that. But still good brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by shayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this brush! I will never apply liquid foundation with my fingers again. It really creates a soft, airbrushed look without using a lot of foundation. Yes, it is expensive but will last you a long time if you take care of the brush with regular cleaning. Love it!

edit: although this does work well for liquid foundation, i recently bought the 109 brush from MAC and love that muchh more!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by annabetch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I politely disagree with those who said that this brush is versatile, or it is good for creams....It is NOT. It is only good for powder blushes, because it packs on very lightly. That's about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is good for putting on cream blushes and maybe foundation in tight places. But using it for cream blushes, it is great. It could probably pick up more product, but the way this brush applies it, is fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

This is way too small for blush. The only time I use it is for a duo cream blush that I have from Becca that is too small for any other brush. It is a nice brush, quality-wise, and if you do a lot of contouring, it may be good for that, but i don't, so I am a bit at a loss for what else this will be good for once the Becca is gone.....EDIT I've been using this to apply the Guerlain pressed meteorite powder in Mythic under my eyes. It's really good for that as it is so soft and applies very little. Got the idea from the Benefit under eye powder stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

OMG!!this brush is heaven for blushes..most of my blushes are very2 pigmented so i need to use a light hand when applying it but most of the time i tend to apply too much..but not after i get this brush..it'll apply your blushes( or bronzers) effortlessly.it is very unlikely that i will apply to much now..its also great to blend cream blushes..go get it already!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by geener

ive always been a sucker for brushes and this was no exception. However my wallet runs tight and the sole reason i decided to spluge my first mac brush on 188 rather than 187 is due to the slightly cheaper cost. anywho, i actually really like this brush and after about a month of daily usage the tip is still extremely soft. i'd say it has shed maybe 3 hairs at most (and only from the black fibre). i use this with my studio fix powder and it gives my face a very nice airbrushed base. Much better to using sponges or puffs or kabuki brush. my only con is that because it IS smaller, application time is increased. however the mini size gives it a great edge to concealing dark circles and u also get to feel the softness of the brush on your face.. longer... :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by mznes

This brush I could have done without. It can be used for liquid foundation, powder, cream, etc. I use this brush for cream blush and to highlight. But I hardly pull out my cream blush or hightlighter's so I have been practically looking straight through this brush. =/ But... If you do use cream blushes a lot, this would be a good one for you! Just stipple your brush into the cream blush and then stipple onto your face and then blend. It gives your cheeks just the right amount of product, same concept to highlight. I believe there are a couple dupes of this brush out there if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. This is not a must have brush in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

This brush is worth every penny! This is the perfect size for your cheeks. It makes ANY blusk look glowy! It's excellent for applying highly pigmented blushes because it softens them up. It's also good for MSF's b/c they are so soft and regular brushes just eat through them so fast. I also use this with my gel blush (Just A Pinch from the Rose Romance Collection) b/c it's so highly pigmented and this brush put's on just the right amount of product. If I ever lost my brush, I would definatley buy again.