November 21, 2014 | 1773 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Markee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a good sample of this in Warm Sand with a gift someone gave me and i've worn it twice so far. I have oily skin, so I probably would have never thought to try this but I actually really like it. I applied it with the Mac 187 brush and it leaves a nice, dewy finish. It may be a little too dewy for me, but I think it would be really good for people with more normal/dry skin. The coverage is sheer in my opinion, and I wouldn't recommend it if you need to cover major breakouts. I also thought it felt light on my face and it didn't clog my pores nearly as bad as most foundations do. The main problem with this foundation was that it wipes off the skin really easily, atleast it did for me anyway. I had to be carfeful not to touch my face, especially my nose, or else it would come right off.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by micropipette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this in warm ivory when I ordered from Bobbi Brown online and was not impressed. I've been on the quest to find the perfect foundation and was glad that I had the chance to try this as a sample...I tried it last night and I thought it actually looked okay. It seemed a bit dark (but since I wasn't color matched at the counter for foundation I can't really complain since it might be the wrong shade for me...although I do have concealer in warm ivory), but it wasn't natural light. When I tried it this morning it looked...bad. Not just the color but the texture. My pores and dry skin on my nose were emphasized. Additionally, it felt very thick on my face but didn't cover the small break out on my jawline that appeared overnight. If I'm going to wear a foundation that feels like a mask, I expect full not sheer coverage. Would definitely not purchase for these reasons along with the fact that its a bottle without a pump. Why can't make up companies realize that pumps/squeeze bottles are way more sanitary and easy to use than stupid open bottles.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Burningacid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a sample of this and I have just tried it yesterday. Wooow that is one horrible foundation! It covers nothing, my tinted Shiseido moisturizer covers a lot better! It is so oily for my combination skin. Made my face really shiny, but not in the good meaning of shiny! I give 1 because I can`t give 0 and because of the colour matching. I have very fair skin and that has matched perfectly to it, but I think that I have never used such horrible foundation and I have tried a lot. My wonderful MAC 187 brush has not menage to make the foundation to cover at least sheer! BIG NO to this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

Really like the way this foundation looks. I have it in Warm Ivory, which looks great. (I think I could wear Porcelain as well, as that is what I tried in the Skin Foundation and it was perfect.) The only thing is that it is uncomfortable - my skin "picks" when I wear it, and when I first put it on, I really feel it. I think that may be the lavender? It also seems to emphasize some of the flaws in my skin, but I do have to look very close to see this. Otherwise, it is beautifully luminous and doesn't make my skin feel dry. EDIT I am finding this is the foundation I've been going to the most. Bumping it up a lippy. Just bought the Laura Mercier Moisturing f. and did not like it - this is better. Should come with a pump for the price....

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like Bobbi Brown because she's one of the only brands that matches my very pale skin tone.

Yet this product did not give any coverage. Layering it was not successful either. Not only did the coverage not build, but I was left with a very moisturized/greasy face which no amount of powder could correct.

Bummer.

Get a sample before purchasing this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Foundation for me is like mascara - I am on a constant search. I have a few that I love, but always in the back of my mind I feel like there is a better one out there - somewhere. Well, this is not it. I gave it a 4 because I do like it. It's just not "the one" - ya know? I am not a Bobbie Brown cult member - I don't care for most of her stuff at all, it is overpriced and most of it no better than drugstore brand. Same is pretty much true for this foundation. I like the moisture aspect and it does give kind of a nice glow in a non disco ball way, which is really nice, but the main problem I have is it is too sheer. I have good skin except I have some rosacea and a few age spots and I need some coverage - this stuff does not cover even my minor age spots. It is expensive and as I said, some of the cheaper ones (Age Rewind comes to mind, or Rimmel Lift) work just a s good for about 1/4 the price. So, while this is a good one (why I gave it a 4) - it really is not worth the money.
Btw, for those interested, I don't notice any weird smell. I know that smell is important to some - and this does not seem to have a smell at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

I love this foundation for cooler months when my skin is somewhat dry and parched. It provides medium to full coverage depending upon how you layer it and blends easily. Most importantly, it imparts a natural, subtle glow to my skin which I can't otherwise achieve with a highlighter or illuminating powder. The only minus is the packaging. I'd prefer a pump top similar to the one on Bobbi's Oil Free Foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by PinkPrincess81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yet another foundation being bought on my quest to find my HG, and sadly, this one failed. It is not a terrible foundation by any means, it is fine, just not suitable for my (fussy) skin. I mainly wanted to try Bobbi Brown for the shades, as I had heard that her's are nice and yellow based, which is great for me. It is a good colour match, if not a little dark, but the formulation is what was the clincher for me. It is not overly hydrating, is somehat dewy, but not overly so, and it seemed to emphasize my pores, not a good look. I found to be quite heavy, as I prefer my foundation to be more lightweight in feel and appearance, and this was neither :(. Too much coverage for my skin, too cakey looking and just not comfortable on my skin, but I am sure it would be great for some people's skin, just not mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

I have quite oily skin but I hate mate finish foundations they look on me thick,dry,uneven.Most of the times also matte finish foundations settle into fine lines,they tend to change color,texture and oxidise through out the day and all that because they are oil free.I always wear full coverage foundations and even if a foundation doesn't provide full coverage I just use many layers to build the desirable coverage.So this is a review and a crash test between Bobbi Brown's Luminous moisturizing foundation and MAC's mineralize satinfinish foundation spf 15.Because I found them quite simmilar.First of all the packaging.The Bobbi Brown one comes in a quite small glass bottle without a pump and the MAC one comes in a slightly bigger,also glass,bottle but with a pump.The price now.The Luminous moisturizing foundation retails for 50 euros and the MAC one 28 euros.The Luminous moisturizing foundation now has SUPERB texture feels like silk on the skin spreads totaly amazing pampers and nourishes skin and also has some antiaging properties.Has satin,luminous finish.The coverage is good and very buildable goes from light to full.I have realy bad quality skin with acne scars,redness and this one covers them well enough.Very frequently I come across with the term "buildable"but honestly very few foundations can do that.Moste of them when I try to build more than one or two layers they crease and they look too caky.But not this one.No matter how much I put one still looks and feels great.The staying power is good,but not great and the formula is very moisturizing and it's not recommended for oily skins.So if your skin is oily it's very easy to look oily and greasy with this one.Personaly I use blot powder by MAC and I m ok.So If your skin is super oily and you want to use this foundation make sure that you have a good quality,oil free,obsorbing powder with you.The MAC foundation now has the same luminous finish.I think that offers slighty less coverage and the texture is good but it's nothing compared to Bobbi Brown's.Another difference is that Mineralize satin finish is less moisturizing,it's water based product so it's less oily too and has slightly better staying power.MAC offers bigger range of colors specially when it comes to pink based foundations.For me Bobbi Brown's foundation is MUCH higher quality product campared to Mac's.Both foundations are for drier skins so if you have oily skin be carefull!!!My opinion If you have oily skin and you want that glowy finish on your skin go with the MAC one is less greassy,but when it comes to quality I have to say again that luminous moisturizing foundation is much better.The last thing I noticed is that MAC's mineralize satin finish foundation has spf 15,luminous moisturizing foundation doesn't have any spf in it.Both are quite similar products the major difference is that Mineralize satin finish doesn't have the super moisturizning formula that Luminous moisturizing foundation has.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by tararae

I have been using this foundation in Warm Beige for about a week and my dry winter skin LOVES it. I feel like my skin looks better without makeup on because it's getting so hydrated from this foundation. It leaves my skin with a dewy look before I add finishing powder. This foundation will be too much for my skin in the summer, but it's HG for these cold, dry winter months.