August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say I am a huge dermalogica fan & this product is another reason why. it certainly does what it says its supposed to do leaving your skin feeling fresh & clean. excellent product, highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this and tried it two different ways. I tried it by wetting my face and rubbing some in circles. And I also tried it by rubbing some water in my hand with it and applying it to my face that way. I found one way exfoliated a little more versus the other way. I liked this although I think it worked better as a daily cleanser and really should not be considered a typical exfoliater. I would defintely purchase this to use again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great daily product. You can decide for your self how foliant the scrub should be. If I use it daily I use less than f I use it two-three times a week!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very effective and mild exfoliant that's great for daily use. I use this after cleansing in the shower. I just pour a little bit into one not-so-wet hand while I wet the other one thoroughly. I then make contact with the two and then rub the watery/foamy mixture on my face which I leave on for about 1-2 minutes. This makes my skin soft, even and smooth without having to use harsh abrasives and doesn't leave it dry afterwards. A little definitely goes a long way. I've had the full size since Sept/Oct last year and there's still loads in the bottle despite pretty much using it every day. My only complaint is that I wish the bottle came in a more compact size that actually fitted the contents as it's too large and is inconvenient to travel with, although it looks great in the bathroom. Definite repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

I have dehydrated skin but no major issues. i had read a lot about this and i don't feel it lives up to the hypes. I can't say i feel it cleans my skin all that well. i just don't like it :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

Love it Love it Love it! Definitely the best physical exfoliator I have tried - Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel is this product's only equal in my humble opinion.
Comes out as a powder which you then mix with water to make a paste before massaging all over your face and neck to form a silky liquid with very fine grains. I will say that although it says 'dispense into very wet hands', you don't need all that much water, otherwise it will dribble away through your fingers!
Leaves skin feeling very clean and smooth but sometimes slightly dry afterwards, particularly if you cleanse beforehand, which is why I use this prod every two or three nights before bed and apply a rich night cream afterwards - I always wake up with fresh looking, comfortable feeling dewy skin in the morning.
Expensive at first glance, but a little does go a long way if you use it properly so decent value for money I reckon and certainly preferable to cheaper scrubs which I always get excited about then end up throwing away because they leave my skin feeling like it's been stretched over a balloon.
Will be buying again for a long time to come methinks!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by annasandler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am perhaps one of the only people who dislikes this product. I have owned three bottles over a period of ten years. The first was ok- I didn't notice anything great about the results but nothing particularly bad either and it always made my skin feel clean. The second bottle I used about twice a week but after each use found my skin felt dry and taut with no visible positive results. The third bottle I gave to a friend as my skin felt even drier after use and I started to break out on my jawline and chin which stopped immediately after use. The smell is very unpleasant- sour and chemical and the consistency is not nice either. It also made me sneeze when it went near my nose. The packaging is not great either as the opening tends to get crusty and clogged.

Sorry to all of you who love it but to me this is the most overrated product I know of.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Let me start off by saying that there is a review of reviews for this product that makes me think that there is a plant among us. It's brutal in attacking other reviewers and it almost made me take off lippies from my review. But no, I'll be honest.

I have dry, sensitive, rosacea skin. I got this as part of beautybar.com Sample Society and I tried it out a bunch of times. My verdict: it's a gentle exfoliant that doesn't irritate my rosacea but it dries the heck out of my skin.

One note about some other reivew: it was incorrectly described as a chemical exfoliant. It is a physical exfoliant. My enzymes and acids are chemical exfoliants.

Another incorrect note in another review: there is a claim that there are no irritating ingredients. My list of ingredients on the bottle has tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is an extreme irritant.

All in all a good but not great product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by oceanpearl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this in my Luxe box and fell instantly in love. First,I am not a fan of using cleansers/soaps on my face because they dry my skin but this is gentle enough to act as a cleanser and exfoliant. I swear,my face was brighter after the first use. It is neatly packaged and you don't need to use much. I decided to purchase a full size bottle and was a little taken back by the price but I found it for much cheaper online. I will keep buying it even if I have to buy it full price. It's really is an amazing product. DON'T keep it in your shower though,it will gum up the powder and ruin your product. Keep it near your shower so you can grab it when you're in there. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by vivian101265

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. I had a deluxe sample and just bought a full size so i never go without it. I use it every other day before I go to bed and I wake up with bright clear skin. It has helped so much in evening out the texture of my skin and getting rid of dry spots. The powder form takes getting used to. I will never go without this. The smell is mild. I wish it wasn't so expensive and hard to buy in Canada.

5/5 in my books