October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great creamy color, but creases like crazy. Yeah, I have oily lids, but even with my UDPP, these crease. Unacceptable.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jwonggw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because it was on sale and wish I hadn't bought it. I was hoping it wouldn't crease but of course it did. The colour is too light and you can't really see it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lanide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I'm giving this product 3 lippies simply because of the process it takes to apply them, but I really do like it, and would buy it again.

I bought this today in the Twilight quad for $7-something, I believe. The colors are pretty silvers, grays, and a matte nude. They are very, very creamy, and because of this I am giving it a 3, if I could a 3.5. They are just kind of a hassle to work with, but once you get through the process the end result is very pretty. So like I said before they are very creamy, and they stay creamy. I was expecting them to go to powder, or at least dry down, but they stay as creamy as when you dipped your finger into them (I apply with my finger). They crease badly, and I have oily lids so it is really bad creasing after 30 mins.

To keep them from creasing you need a base under them, and also a powder on top so that they don't slide. If you do this they will stay, since I have only worn for a day I will update after a week if anything changes.

As for the colors, they aren't very pigmented, but they are light reflecting shimmmery, not sparkly. I think they are very pretty, I wish you could use them on their own, but you can't because they will crease. I'm going to try tomorrow maybe wearing them with a base under and then putting my BE mineral veil over it and see how that holds up.

How I wore it today was with UDPP under, then the darkest shade in the palette--my favorite color, and then Almay pure blends in Stone on top. Like I said, I apply this with my ring finger and just pat it on. It is a little streaky in application at first, but after about two layers of it, I just spread it out until it is even, I don't know how these apply with a brush, but I think using fingers help to warm it up and smooth it until there are no streaks. It made the almay eyeshadow stand out, because the eyeshadow on it's own isn't pigmented too much either. And that is what I would use these cream shadows for, as a colored base, in a color close to the one I am using, to enhance the eyeshadow placed on top. These are especially great with other drugstore eye shadows that don't have a lot of pigmentation.

There is a light silver that I haven't used yet.
The nude, peach color is pretty much matte and I love it for my brow bone, it is the streakiest and heaviest out of all of them so you have to warm it up and work at smoothing it out. But this color made this palette stand out from all the rest because it is basically matte.
The light gray I haven't used yet.
And the dark gun metal gray is gorgeous, and the reason I love this palette.

The packaging is sleak and pretty, but it is a little difficult to open, and it always causes the thumb I am opening it with to slip and dip into one of the colors, so be careful!

I really want to try the other colors especially in some purples and browns, but I am going to wait until a BOGO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ill tell you this:

I originally bought these eyeshadows to wear on their own in hopes that they wouldn't crease because they are of a verily good quality brand. They did crease, and the color wasn't as vivid as I hoped for. However, I saw on a youtube channel there was one makeup guru who did gorgeous looks and she just used a touch of these cream shadows as a base for a powder shadow in a shimmery shade and they showed up way more vibrant and stayed on much longer. It worked for me and I now have six of these shadows. But I wouldn't reccomend wearing it by itself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Beaner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed these great eyeshadows! I have two 10-shadow palettes (the names escape) in nudes and pastels. I use them as eyeshadows and liners. These aren't crease-proof but, for the price, they do a pretty good job as staying in one place. I just reminded myself that I need to get some more!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by cmbailey07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Never been a huge fan of creme eyeshadows because they always crease, and this one is no exception. Purchased it in the twilight shade, the colors are all right. Not very easy to blend, my eye usually looks like a smudgy, silvery mess when I'm done. The silver and blue colors look different in the pan but the same on my skin, the gray is just kind of a dirty gray, nothing sexy about it.

The one plus is that the pinky-nude color works well as a base for the rest of my eyeshadow.

It's just kind of an all around mediocre product. The colors, at least in this palette, are nothing special, and once again I am reminded why I avoid creme eyeshadows altogether.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in 'Moonlit Jewels' #720
The colors are fantastic and they last a very long time AS LONG AS you set it with a little (translucent) powder,
otherwise yes, it creases within a couple hours...although I have oily skin so it may not crease as fast with everyone.
I will buy again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by amor_peace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it to try cream eyeshadows, but it's better to use matt eyeshadow eventhough I have dry eyelids. It's decent to use under as an eye base but it creases. I like the moonlit palette, because they have gorgeous colors and soft to glide on but i hate creasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by underthestars

The shade i purchased is in 701 "Wild Orchids"

The colours are gorgeous. It comes in 4 beautiful colours.
I usually apply this as a base to other eyeshadows or sometimes even wear it alone.
I apply it with my fingers, and it glides on smoothly. The colours has a nice vibrant shimmer to it, and the texture is creamy.
It lasted the whole day without creasing on me, but I did find the colours fade towards the end of the day.

It's a great base, and I would re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by metalhalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love using these as bases. I own 6 of these. I can't even tell you which one is my favorite because they're all so beautiful. I do seem to go through the shimmery browns/beiges the most through.

I've never thought of trying to wear them by themselves, my lids are somewhat oily and that just means crease city. But under e/s, these are a dream.

I first put a dab of concealer on my lids to even out the color, then a thin layer of this creme shadow. Then I place my e/s on. It blends great and I have no creasing whatsoever. I like the packaging, the variety of colors is awesome and they really do last forever. I will def. be buying again and again.