December 17, 2014 | 1898 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Brachanam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I NEVER wear lipstick. Probably haven't for about 5 years. I just wear colored gloss. Why? Because I have never really found a color I loved. (If it's too dark, I look like a drag queen, too light and I'm washed out.) With this shade I have FINALLY found something that looks great! I am in love with this shade. I am an NC20 w/ dark hair & hazel-green eyes. PS: It also looks stunning with a swipe of MAC Nymphette gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 11:53:00 AM More reviews by lunyc

I've always wanted to purchase a Viva Glam lipstick, but none of the shades ever worked for me... til now! I'm a fair-skinned Latina, and Viva Glam VI gives my lips a rosy hue with a bit of shimmer. I wear it lightly (just a few dabs) during the day, and more intensely at night for more shimmer. I can do without the vanilla scent, but it's not overbearing. Also, I have dry lips, and this lipstick does not dry them out, which is very common for me with other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2007 4:56:00 AM More reviews by tiny_dancer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful reddish brown shade on my pigmented lips. I have MAC's sheer plum, and I find it a little too dark for my liking. VG6, however, is the neither too light nor too scary on me. It's my default lipstick when I go to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by minger71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have no idea what skin tone number I am on the MAC scale, but I'm Asian American (Chinese) and this color works for me! On me it's reddish-brown, not too dark but gives just enough color. I got this for $10 at the outlet mall at The Cosmetics Company so the price was also right, and I love the MAC packaging. I'd prefer a less vanilla fragrance, but overall, I'd recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2007 5:22:00 AM More reviews by ImBossy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The cause is great and all but this lipstick is seriously scary on my PPP self. Its dark, muddy, weird and just generally heinous and supremely unflattering. It looks pretty in the tube, like a plum with a goldish tinge but on...oh my, its bad. I could see how this would be way less horrific on a different (probably darker) complexion. Pale people run the other way, this one is so not for us.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I realized this is my first MAC review. how weird.
Anyway, I am NW 25. I have cool olive toned skin and thought this would be great. When I tried it on in the store, it was very sheer, and I was looking for an everyday color that had a little something to it, so this seemed to fit the bill. A bit of shimmer,a touch of warmth, and not too heavy. After I bought it, I saw myself with it on and realized the undertone was just too orange. The sparlkes in it had me fooled - they are prefect - but the color itself is no plummy, it's terra cotta and reads as orange and makes me look sallow, not the wearable neutral with a little flash i was hoping for. Might look good on yellow toned skins, but blue undertones beware.
Also, it is NOT "Glam" at all. It's just...there even on people it looks good on. That's fine, but when I am looking for Glam, I want glam, honey!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by usernameistaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best of the Viva Glams! On me it is a beautiful terracotta(sp?) plum. Not as drying as other MAC lippies too. I love it so much I wanna marry it. Wait, I'm already married. Dangit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Sheer Plum and this lipstick is Sheer Plum's more opaque cousin. You get rich colour plus shine. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 10:19:00 AM More reviews by biscotti1

I'm a NC 44 and I went to the MAC counter looking for a nude lipstick which wasn't too frosty or too brown. I tried Touch and Polished Up which were just basic boring brown colors on me. Then the SA suggested this one and it looked very nice. It is a sheer terracotta brown on me with a bit of sheen. I like that it is very lightweight, it almost doesn't feel like you have lipstick on. Of course since it is so lightweight, it doesn't have the staying power of other textures. However, when you are doing a light make up day or if you are doing a dramatic eye color, this is a nice subtle way of adding a lipcolor. And you can't complain about contributing to a worthy cause.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

To be entirely honest, I'm not a big fan of MAC's lipsticks. I have owned several and have always managed to find something I severly disliked - the color, the texture, the staying power, the overall look, there was always something that didn't quite sit with me. Viva Glam VI, which I had been wanting for some while, has changed most of my previous opinions about MAC's lipstick line. This was the first lipstick I had tried with their Lustre formula, and I am extremely happy with the smooth, lightweight feel. The shade of the lipstick itself is very flattering to my skintone, a warm, olive-based medium. The shade is a shimmery, slippery warm teracotta reddish brown which is surprisingly sheer, in comparison to other shades which fall, for instance, under MAC's "Frost" and "Satin" textures. The shimmer itself is a combination of gold, red and burnt orange, if you look closely you'll spot some green in there, as well (although this will not show up on the lips). The "plum" tinge of this lipstick, which the company's website claims that it has, is entirely lost on me, both in the tube and on the lips. MAC have a tendancy to be slightly off at times when trying to describe their colors, and since I would like to believe that I have an eye for spotting shades and colors, I think it'd be safe to say that any "plum" this shade may have will only show up on cool skintones - like attracts like. If you're a warm-toned gal, you're not going to get anything but teracotta out of this one. I'm happy with the color - it's extremely wearable and versatile, but the staying power leaves something to be desired. I'm going to give this product 5 lippies, though, just becuase the shade works with my skintone so well and the texture is extremely comfortable. The shade may not be the most unique, but you might be surprised at how flattering it ends up to be.