MAC Viva Glam VI

4.3

on 6/4/2007 3:05:00 PM

Just call this the brighter sister of Viva Glam V. I love this color! Just the perfect color to brighten up your whole face. Goes great with neutral and smokey colors. Deducted one lippie for it's lack of staying power.

on 5/28/2007 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have a sallow complexion and naturally dark lips (no rose tones) and have never been able to find a lipstick that would give me that nude/barely-there look and be flattering. The search has ended with MAC's new Viva Glam VI -- it looks boring in the tube (a frosted mocha), but on me I actually get some rosiness. It enhances my natural lip tone and has a soft shimmer. I can wear it alone or layered with gloss or on top of a brighter lipstick. Looks wonderful paired with a smokey eye or strong black liquid liner. This lipstick is a chameleon color (I tried it on a couple friends and some thought it looked like a brown plum and others said it was a brownish red...!!!) and fairly sheer...I feel it would work on anyone. I can't use this towards MAC's recycling program (return 6 empty containers for a free lipstick), but at least all the proceeds go to charity :D

on 5/21/2007 2:02:00 PM

Ok, I NEVER wear lipstick. Probably haven't for about 5 years. I just wear colored gloss. Why? Because I have never really found a color I loved. (If it's too dark, I look like a drag queen, too light and I'm washed out.) With this shade I have FINALLY found something that looks great! I am in love with this shade. I am an NC20 w/ dark hair & hazel-green eyes. PS: It also looks stunning with a swipe of MAC Nymphette gloss.

on 5/21/2007 11:53:00 AM

I've always wanted to purchase a Viva Glam lipstick, but none of the shades ever worked for me... til now! I'm a fair-skinned Latina, and Viva Glam VI gives my lips a rosy hue with a bit of shimmer. I wear it lightly (just a few dabs) during the day, and more intensely at night for more shimmer. I can do without the vanilla scent, but it's not overbearing. Also, I have dry lips, and this lipstick does not dry them out, which is very common for me with other brands.

on 5/14/2007 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful reddish brown shade on my pigmented lips. I have MAC's sheer plum, and I find it a little too dark for my liking. VG6, however, is the neither too light nor too scary on me. It's my default lipstick when I go to work.

on 5/8/2007 4:12:00 PM

I have no idea what skin tone number I am on the MAC scale, but I'm Asian American (Chinese) and this color works for me! On me it's reddish-brown, not too dark but gives just enough color. I got this for $10 at the outlet mall at The Cosmetics Company so the price was also right, and I love the MAC packaging. I'd prefer a less vanilla fragrance, but overall, I'd recommend this.

on 5/7/2007 5:22:00 AM

The cause is great and all but this lipstick is seriously scary on my PPP self. Its dark, muddy, weird and just generally heinous and supremely unflattering. It looks pretty in the tube, like a plum with a goldish tinge but on...oh my, its bad. I could see how this would be way less horrific on a different (probably darker) complexion. Pale people run the other way, this one is so not for us.

on 4/2/2007 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I realized this is my first MAC review. how weird.
Anyway, I am NW 25. I have cool olive toned skin and thought this would be great. When I tried it on in the store, it was very sheer, and I was looking for an everyday color that had a little something to it, so this seemed to fit the bill. A bit of shimmer,a touch of warmth, and not too heavy. After I bought it, I saw myself with it on and realized the undertone was just too orange. The sparlkes in it had me fooled - they are prefect - but the color itself is no plummy, it's terra cotta and reads as orange and makes me look sallow, not the wearable neutral with a little flash i was hoping for. Might look good on yellow toned skins, but blue undertones beware.
Also, it is NOT "Glam" at all. It's just...there even on people it looks good on. That's fine, but when I am looking for Glam, I want glam, honey!

This is the best of the Viva Glams! On me it is a beautiful terracotta(sp?) plum. Not as drying as other MAC lippies too. I love it so much I wanna marry it. Wait, I'm already married. Dangit!

on 1/19/2007 2:51:00 PM

I love Sheer Plum and this lipstick is Sheer Plum's more opaque cousin. You get rich colour plus shine. I love it.

Popular Lipsticks