July 31, 2014 | 1012 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - With Love by Hilary Duff

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this scent. It is absolutely amazing. I got a sample from Sephora and was really impressed. This is a refreshing smell that is great to wear no matter what season or time of day. It is hard to describe the scent. It is clean and fun. Always smells pleasant, never overdone. It has major staying power and I can still smell it after 10 hours sweating in the Southern heat. The packaging is pretty - I have the roller ball version and it just takes a little dab for me to smell amazing. A little pricey, but really worth it. In my top three for fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a nice scent!! It is very fresh and clean, not overwhelming at all. And my husband loves it on me! I was hoping so much that this one would work for me, being that most scents end up giving me a headache or bother me. But alas...Argggg I am going to give it a chance though, for at least a week longer. UPDATE: Yes! This one does work for me. It seems to have melded with my chemistry, does not bother me now. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by bbsxprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To me, it's such a sweet, feminine smell. And for some reason it reminds me of my grandmas house around the fall. I don't know why. I think the bottle is cute to

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by LolitaLempickalover

I bought this last year a 3.4 oz gift set it had a 3.4 oz spray an rollerball keychain and a lotion .Well I fell in love with the scent and I bought 2 more gift sets and a 1.0 oz bottle and I was wearing it everyday until I noticed that it left a nasty musky smell on my shirts.I ended up giving my more than half full bottle from the 1st gift set to my daughter and the 1 oz bottle to my younger daughter and I returned the other 2 gift sets.Well my daughter used the perfume and gave me the lotion back so I still have it and I ended up smelling it and I missed my hilary duff perfume so I went to Marshalls and found a 1 oz bottle so I bought it and I am wearing it now and there is no musky scent this time so I am thinking maybe the bottle I had last year was old? but how when this came out in 2006 and I bought it in 2008 that is only 2 years and I don't think it would go bad that quick? Well I don't know but now I want a bigger bottle again and Marshalls and TjMaxx hsn't had the gift sets or big bottles of this for over a year and I hope they get it again because I wouldn't pay over 25 dollars for this. I only paid 30 for the gift set and 10 dollars for the 1 oz .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

This one smells like a caramel milkshake to me. It's a very sweet foody scent. I'm a fan of sweet gourmand scents like Fantasy, Pink Sugar, etc, and this one definitely fits into that category IMO. The drydown also has a bit of an earthy smell (perhaps the amber). I will keep this one in my rotation of yummy scents for quite a while I'd say!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by LolaBrw

I hate to have a bad review, but I have to say that this perfume burns my nose and makes me sneeze!!! I'm usually tolerant of most fragrances or am able to see why some people enjoy a certain scent, but I do not get this one at all. Sorry Hil.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not much of a perfume person. This was actually the first one I bought for myself, but I smelled many different ones before choosing this. Some days I like it more than others, but I do really like it. My ex always told me I smelled good when wearing it, so ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by ifyouknew518

this is probably my favorite perfume ever.

.... I actually like the song too. lol

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by victorious7

I'm not a huge fan of Hilary Duff whatsoever. Well, I tried this fragrance at kohls and thought.. "Eww... smells like urine or something" and didn't think i would try it again. But, I actually tried it again... like a few months later. That was because I saw it at Sophora and for some reason I keep coming across it. So, I sprayed it on my wrist. I thought it smelled pretty ok. I was shocked in my amazement how this fragrance lasted for about a week when i sprayed it on my sleeve (by accident!!). SO, a few weeks later... my husband and i went to Sears and I saw the fragrance a again! I sprayed it in my wrist and ask my husband if he liked that smell and what he thought if it. Right then he backed away from the smell and said, "... EW! Babe, I don't like that smell. " He was disgusted! I thought the smell was pretty ok. It did reminded me of amber and some sort of plant *which i have no idea*. However, she had another fragrance she made for springtime. I thought it smelled a lot better than the first one she did. The first one she did smelled like she overdid it or something... hoping that it would give it a more sophisticated smell. I thought it was ok. Could've been better. I rather get her 2nd one instead.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 7:20:00 AM More reviews by violette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my unfortunate encounter with the strawberry/patchouli nightmare that is Miss Dior Cherie (*shudder*), I never thought I would EVER find another perfume that makes me want to jump out of my skin the way MDC does. But oh no, apparently I HAVE... & it's With Love, Hilary Duff. In its desperate attempt to showcase Ms. Duff's mature & sophisticated side, With Love, IMO, tries much too hard at playing the fruity-oriental card & ends up failing miserably. Not only does it NOT smell even remotely mature (or oriental, for that matter), the intriguing-sounding notes in it also don't seem to blend together very well -- resulting in a cloying, headache-inducing mess.

Another thing I'd like to point out: I'm from a tropical Asian country & have eaten my fair share of the succulent mangosteen fruit in my lifetime. And let me tell you, the 'mangosteen' note that is supposedly contained in this perfume doesn't even come CLOSE to the smell of the actual fruit. I also agree with Dmarie1 about the outdoors-y aspect... I too clearly detect something green which I personally find quite bothersome. In fact, I read somewhere that upon getting a whiff of the perfume, Hilary's first comment was how the scent reminded her of the pine trees in her native Texas... hmmm... I wonder if that's the cocobolo wood? After several hours, the perfume dries down to a fairly decent musky/ambery smell, but with that pesky 'pine' note still hovering in the background. *Sigh* Very disappointed this didn't work out for me. Really wanted to like this one & had hoped to add it to my collection... no such luck. On the plus side (if you're into this sort of perfume), it has superb staying power -- I spray-tested it on my wrist yesterday afternoon & could still smell it when I woke up this morning. Overall, one lippy but only for the pretty, vintage-style bottle (which deserves kudos for being light years away from the tacky, juvenile bottles of Britney Spears' perfumes).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No