October 23, 2014 | 1054 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by orangeliquor

I just brought this in travel size for 9 dollars at Sephora. I think it would be a good product if you have oily skin type. For my dry/combination skin, it really helps hiding my big pores on my T-zone, but it also caused my skin to flake in my cheeks and it stuck to the lines under my eyes. So, I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried experimenting with this a few times but I wouldn't recommend it for people with dry/combination skin. I think if you have perfect skin it will work really well evening out the color of your skin. But if you have redness, acne, or blemishes, this foundation will have little coverage and you'll end up using a lot of concealer to attempt a perfect face. It goes on smooth, but ends up caking and drying quickly. I guess it's good on the go or if you're planning to stay the night somewhere and aren't taking a makeup bag with you. Good for touch-ups, not as a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Brandy26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy using this product. Granted, it's very light coverage and my skin needs a little more so I do use a powder over it (Merle Norman Luxiva Powder Foundation). But, it's a great base and smoother. That's really what I love about Benefit products, in general. They can help you fake it even if you're having some skin issues (dryness, splotchiness, redness, etc). This is a great smoother, but not a standalone for me. I still really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Rachbabe21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Incredible! I know it's a foundation faker, but this works great as a concealer too! I keep this in my purse at all times because it's great as an all in one, concealer/foundation/powder :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jennifer87

I was really hoping that this product would be great as the Benefit makeup adviser was raving about it as she applied it to my face. I told her my concerns about wanting a foundation that was long lasting as I have very oily skin as most foundations slide off my skin by lunch time. She assured me that this product was for me and oh how dissapointed I was! Not even an hour after she applied it my face was looking horrible. It looked like the foundation had oxidised as my face had a very nasty tinge of orange to it. My face was incredibly oily and all my pores exposed. I had to wash this off my face staight away! Like with most of the Benefit products I find, this is definitely nothing special. Such a shame as the packaging is so cute!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I truly thought this product was a concealer and not a foundation. Oops! That said, I'm writing this as a review of this Some Kind-A-Gorgeous as a concealer so here goes:

This is one of those products that I purchased while on the line to pay for other products at Sephora. Those little items for ten dollars and under--well, I'm a sucker for them! Anyway, I had purchased this thinking it was a concealer. It went into my stash of products and was left unnoticed and forgotten........
Now that the Fall is here and I've changed up my makeup in anticipation of cold weather--you know...replacing powders with creams--blah, blah, blah....I re-discovered this! Normally, I had been using BE's. "Well-Rested" as a concealer, but now that it is dry skin season, I've gotta put the powder away till next Spring.
My erase paste is hitting pan so I figured I would try Some Kind A Gorgeous out. WOW!! I was impressed. Those bluish areas in the corner of my inner eye--right next to my nose are gone. Covered! Viola!
Sweet. I'm happy. I did not give this five lipsticks b/c I truly did not realize it was a foundation so that is minus a lipstick for me.
The price was ok on this b/c I got it for $10.00, however, the regular price is not so cheap, but then again, a little goes a long way. Packaging is very good. I did state that I would repurchase--I'll tell you it will be between this and Erase paste and this may win out b/c it isn't as thick as EP. We'll see.
I do recommend this as a concealer because it does conceal very well and it goes on nice and creamy without dissappearing.
Nice product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

Terrible. It made my skin so greasey looking and it didn't spread nice on my skin. Don't use the sponge it comes with. When I finally got it to apply decently...it made me pores super noticable. Not my cup of tea. This product is stupid. ha

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake210

This was included in a Benefit set I purchased at Sephora. There is a strong chemical scent, almost like plastic. There is no way I could wear this in the Spring/Summer time because it makes me oily. But I do enjoy it in the winter. It has medium coverage and sinks well into the skin. This product is hit or miss. People either love it or hate it. I have seen a to-go version at Sephora. I would suggest for people to try that before purchasing the full size. I would probably not repurchase. This is expensive for the amount you get and there are far better foundation options out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by the low reviews here. I actually like the product. It gives me medium coverage, and applies smooth and easy (I use brush, not the little sponge it comes with). It is very creamy, which is what my dry skin needs. My face doesn't flake after few hours of wearing it. Makes my skin dewey.

Bad part though, I haven't used it every day since I got it, but I think it might be causing me to break out, which is a real bummer. Will update as soon as I know for sure. Also, it does have a strong fragrance (nothing off putting, just a concern for us with sensitive skins).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I already did a review for the "Light" version of this, and now that I've been using the "Medium" version during the summer, I think it warrants its own review. I still am in love with this product. It glides on so smoothly and blends so easily that it's a dream to work with. I use the included sponge still, just like with "Light," and it works fantastically. It matches my light tan perfectly, too, so it just looks like I have to-die-for skin instead of a foundation mask. This is both a pro and a con. Luckily, after years of treatment, I've gotten my skin clear, smooth and manageable, and it doesn't need much coverage, if any. If however you're looking to cover up scars, redness, etc., this product probably isn't for you. Another con is that the product is really easy to fly through, since it's so soft and creamy. It will also melt quite quickly if it gets too hot. Overall though this is a huge winner for me - perfect lightweight coverage, amazing application, and portability all in one.