April 24, 2014 | 1814 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Technakohl in Graphblack

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

By far the best pencil/mechanical pencil eyeliner. It lasts through (mostly) everything. I live in southern California and I've visited Hawaii with this eyeliner and it has minimal bleeding, it only bleeds towards the end of the day, when my face gets very oily. I would highly recommend this for everyone. It's an easy application and great for both lining the water line and for your upper eyelid, above your lashes. It's a very smooth application and I found that no tugging or anything was necessary and no pencil sharpener! Great product and I would get this, great for experts and make up newbies. It'll last through sweat, humidity and everything!
If you have oily skin under your eyes or your lids get oily, just put a little bit of gel liner underneath, it should prevent any smearing. I hope this helped (:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I dislike this eyeliner alot. The packaging feels cheap, the quality isn't great and the staying power is disgusting. It gives me panda eyes after 2 hours of wear and it really smudges for me. I have no such problem when I use Chanel eyeliners... So no I won't be repurchasing this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Is this an excellent eyeliner? HELL YES. Would I buy this again? HELL NO. And why? After years of using Revlon ColorStay eyeliner in black, and after a few months of trialing MAC's Technakhol in Graphblack, I have to honestly say there was very little difference. Pigmentation was very similar (very dark - amongst the best I've come across, and I've come across a lot!) as was size. In fact, Graphblack actually smudged a bit more, as it is khol. So why would I repurchase an eyeliner this expensive - though it is excellent - when I can get the same effect with another eyeliner half its price? =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by clairenlj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I gave it a 4, to be honest I wouldn't re-purchase it again.

- I tried Revlon's Colorstay and I find that it doesn't smudge as much (after a few hours) compared to MAC Technakohl on my oily lids. Note that I do not apply eyeliner on my waterline (not anymore), so this is for my lower lashline and top lids. The MAC Technakohl tends to 'run' at the sides and gives me smudgy black dots below my eyes after a few hours, even during winter when its dry. The Revlon fairs slightly better.
- In terms of colour, both are black-black.
- They are both very similar in size (referring to the circumference of the 'crayon', if that's what you call it)
- Its pretty expensive for something that has a similar substitute at a much lower price.
- Lasted me a good 6 months, I apply eyeliner almost everyday (as long as I leave the house!)

Its an above average eyeliner (better than a lot of other auto eyeliners) but it isn't my HG. I never regret trying it out though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Gothoria

This is my second 1 & I love it a lot, compared to the PowerPoint 1, this is sooo much better, it has gr8 lasting power on my super oily eyelids, I work 8-12 hours a day, & it helps that i dont have 2 touch it up.
total HG and my fav after Revlon ColorStay.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by emcakes

I've been repurchasing this product for awhile now. I've tried a lot of eyeliners before, but I've dedicated myself to this one. I love how it applies so smoothly and precisely, and only needs to be applied once as the colour comes out very nicely. I also find that it has great staying power and doesn't smudge much. And like with all MAC products, I love its simple packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by blacklondon

I hate the way this applies, it has almost no staying power... I really am more of a creamy pencil liner girl. And while rolling the liner back down the product broke. I was forced to throw it away as it was no longer salvageable.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by heyheykk13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC eyeliner. Ive never actually owned any :( but i use my friends all the time. My eyeliners are always gone an hour after putting them on, but with MAC it says all day long. If only it wasn't so expensive! Thats why i gave it a 3 if it was $10 it would be 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by escapade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I quite like this liner. Dark black colour, applies smoothly and precisely.....no need to sharpen (definite bonus lol)....and you can Back2Mac it! What more can you ask for? Oh yeah and it stays on relatively well.....doesn't smudge off. Would buy again

Revised 20 Dec 2011 - Upgraded rating to 5 from 4. This has become a staple in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by shygirl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only eyeliner that won't irritate my eyes, finally!
Love it love it love it!