November 24, 2014 | 1809 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by levintage

This does a good job at setting, but because it's a baked powder I use this with a slightly wet brush - it doesn't ruin the product, and it evens my complexion nicely with a smooth natural finish! I think that applying it dry doesn't do it justice, and you don't get the most out of it. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin has yellow undertones and is combination skin. My skin has a slightly tanned look to it, not pale at all.
I purchased this in medium and i love it! HG finishing powder all the way! I dont really like mac when it comes to powder/foundation as i find them too orangey! I'm a NC 25 but i find it too orange but i know the NW would be too pink, but anyway, this powder matches my skin brilliantly, it doesnt really cast too much of a colour, sort of transparent.
I use this on top of a Laura Geller Spackle primer and Estee Lauder double wear light foundation, it never makes my foundation look cakey or horrible, it gives a lovely finish.
Depending on the foundation used, sometimes i put two layers of this on for a very matte finish.
I hate having too much glitter on my face but although this contains glitter, it doesnt contain too much and make your face look like a shimmer.

Also, the tub of it lasts ages! I put the price as $$$ because it is a little pricey compared to drugstore, but i find that drugstore foundations i will use up very quickly, this is because the powder is flat. In this mac one, it is slightly raised in the middle which is perfect so you dont quickly use up all the powder in the middle and get that annoying empty circle! So far, i have used it every day for 5 months and i think ill probably get another 4 months out of it.

I really love this and will definatly buy again when i need to :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by thathappykid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this powder its so amazing looks completely natural and just adds a little magic to make your skin look flawless. Would definitely recommend this powder!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it. best liquid foundation setting powder i have ever used. AMAZING and so natural looking, doesnt crease, doesnt cake. it has a glow to it, it doesn't mattify your skin all the way

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by tatcuya114

Update: I am taking two lippies off from my previous rating, as I found that this powder broke me out, which means I can not wear it everyday.
I really like it. I have tried so many things to set my makeup and I can say nothing has worked better than this one. I was still skeptical even after reading so many good reviews about it because my previous experience with MAC stuffs is not that great. The other day I saw the MAC counter in a shopping mall and I tried it on there. Surprisingly, it was better than I expected, so I bought it. I've been using it for about a week and I start to like it more and more.
It is light-weight and not cakey at all even if you apply it multiple times during the day. The nicest thing about it is that it gives a beautiful matt finish without making your face looking old (you know how over-matified face can look fake and old). When you put it on, it looks like your own skin. It's got a little more coverage than average setting powers so people with good skin can wear it alone as a light foundation to even out their skintone. I also like the fact that it is a baked powder so it doesn't leave a mess when you put it in your purpse for touch-ups.
Having said that, I don't quite like the packaging, as it does not come with a sponge, so I have to carry a sponge myself during the day. Some people say this powder could be drying. So far I haven't experienced that and hopefully I will not in the future.
In terms of the price, they sell it at 250 HK dollars in Hong Kong. It contains 10g of the product, so I'm guessing it's going to last me a really long time. Overall, I think it's a really great powder for its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by lexylynn

I LOVE this powder! It has more coverage then your average pressed powder, which is perfect for evening out your skin tone. I put a healthy amount on with a powder brush and it doesn't seem to cake up on me. It's a bit pricey, but you get a good amount and it does it's job for sure. I will probably stick with this for a while. I use it over MAC Face and Body and it's awesome!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't really like this product. It's really drying at first and then it doesn't help to control my oily complexion after hours of application. I just don't reach for it too often.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After 4 months of eyeing and being hesitant to buy this product I finally bought it when I had extra cash with me. I did not regret!

I use this alone or over my Liole BB Cream or Face Shop's Aqua Tinted BB Cream. It gives you the most natural and flawless finish just like what everyone said, trust me. It also looks pretty that it's domed instead of flat and such but then all MAC's mineralize things are like that soooo I can't say.

It gives natural glow (not matte). I've never heard of anyone mentioning this but if you look closely at it you see tiny bits of glitter. i mean i dont mind cz it doesn't show at all and i like dewy (MSFN arent dewy tho) finishes. MSFNs are also not powdery, leaves your skin smooth.

I usually swirl around my kabuki, tap off excess and swirl it on ma FACEE!

The cons is that sometimes the powder is too fine that you're wasting product everytime you use it since bits of powder fly off and collects on the side of the pan.

One other thing that I have to mention (my opinions, but nothing negative) is that if I use any product heavier than a tinted moisturiser or BB Cream, it will look cakey. I tried pairing with Maybelline Fit Me, Maybelline Dream Mousse, Maybelline SuperStay, Covergirl Natureluxe and such and such, it turns out heavy! (if you like heavy coverage then it's fine, but I like lighter)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by FeminineCharm

This is not a product I would have given a second glance as it just looked like a dome of powder.

However, after getting my make-up done professionally for a special occasion, I am convinced that this is a good setting powder for foundation and for "matting down" the skin for flawless photography.

I always use this when I know there will be photo opportunities.

It was compact enough to fit in my clutch bag and I only needed to lightly powder my t-zone once- and that was later on in the evening.

This seems very expensive but the same compact has lasted me 18 months and the colour match is very sophisticated.

I also have dry skin but Mineralize does not emphasize this at all. I noticed that it does not "cake" after hours of wear.

Also, the packaging got 3 lipsticks because I think it would justify the price and convenience with a built-in mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by husky2301

Love this powder. All you need is this - no foundation required. Note when you first put it on it may look chalky but within 10 mins it settles and you have flawless skin for the rest of the day. I put it on a 7am and its still looking good at 7pm!!