July 28, 2014 | 917 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After 4 months of eyeing and being hesitant to buy this product I finally bought it when I had extra cash with me. I did not regret!

I use this alone or over my Liole BB Cream or Face Shop's Aqua Tinted BB Cream. It gives you the most natural and flawless finish just like what everyone said, trust me. It also looks pretty that it's domed instead of flat and such but then all MAC's mineralize things are like that soooo I can't say.

It gives natural glow (not matte). I've never heard of anyone mentioning this but if you look closely at it you see tiny bits of glitter. i mean i dont mind cz it doesn't show at all and i like dewy (MSFN arent dewy tho) finishes. MSFNs are also not powdery, leaves your skin smooth.

I usually swirl around my kabuki, tap off excess and swirl it on ma FACEE!

The cons is that sometimes the powder is too fine that you're wasting product everytime you use it since bits of powder fly off and collects on the side of the pan.

One other thing that I have to mention (my opinions, but nothing negative) is that if I use any product heavier than a tinted moisturiser or BB Cream, it will look cakey. I tried pairing with Maybelline Fit Me, Maybelline Dream Mousse, Maybelline SuperStay, Covergirl Natureluxe and such and such, it turns out heavy! (if you like heavy coverage then it's fine, but I like lighter)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by FeminineCharm

This is not a product I would have given a second glance as it just looked like a dome of powder.

However, after getting my make-up done professionally for a special occasion, I am convinced that this is a good setting powder for foundation and for "matting down" the skin for flawless photography.

I always use this when I know there will be photo opportunities.

It was compact enough to fit in my clutch bag and I only needed to lightly powder my t-zone once- and that was later on in the evening.

This seems very expensive but the same compact has lasted me 18 months and the colour match is very sophisticated.

I also have dry skin but Mineralize does not emphasize this at all. I noticed that it does not "cake" after hours of wear.

Also, the packaging got 3 lipsticks because I think it would justify the price and convenience with a built-in mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by husky2301

Love this powder. All you need is this - no foundation required. Note when you first put it on it may look chalky but within 10 mins it settles and you have flawless skin for the rest of the day. I put it on a 7am and its still looking good at 7pm!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Mac fan but not loving this. I'm NC20-25 and I have this in the lighter shade. As a setting powder, left me looking ashy n chalky.

Tip from the Mac SA : set with your regular powder and use this for touch ups. So that's what I do. Does work better but I'm thinking that's cos my lightful is great and I'm just only using very little of this so the effects aren't visible.

Lasts a long time but will not be repurchasing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I got this during the hype when it was reliased. Used alone it gives enough coverage, with fndn too much for my liking. Does not last long and I don`t see any "glow" some have mentioned. Very powdery.
Imo overhyped. Lately I`ve become sensitive to bismuth, so now it also itches on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by KATily

This product made my face break out. Before I started using this, my skin suffered from serious acne/blemish scars and break outs. I finally was able to keep it down and manage it. A few months later I decided to give powder foundation a try and went in this direction. I should of known better, I've had past problems with facial products by MAC, not including their blushes or lipsticks. After a week of using this my face started breaking out and the bottom on my chin felt very rough and had dry patches. Mind you that I am still using my normal face washing regime, and adding an extra step to remove all makeup thoroughly. For some reason MAC is very harsh on my face, and it is without a doubt in my mind that all their face products make me break out. I will stop using this and probably not purchase anything else from MAC besides their lipsticks, liners, or blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Nic1812

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this powder! Gives a flawless finish without looking flat and helps set foundation. You only need the tiniest amount of it and it lasts ages. In 18 months I have only gone through 2 of these. Definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by lovemakeup17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

LOOOVE THIS POWDER! this is seriously the best powder i EVER used! its very very natural looking, and just gives the perfect finnish. Not too matte, still allows ur skin to breathe, and to have the dewyness UNDERNEATH the skin, without looking oily. It also smells really nice, and the product last for ages, i've had mine for about a year now and still isn't near to hit pan. love it so much. best natural powder that doesn't feel caky.
looove!

PS.
"though i think there is comparison , with other powders that are good, this one is the one that feels the most natural, like im not wearing anything on my face, i will rebuy!"

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I can't believe some of the bad reviews! I think that some of them are because they bought this for a purpose that this is not intended for. This is not by any means a powder foundation! So if you are looking for super coverage this is not for you. This is a setting powder...and I loooove this so much! I'm soon to go to buy my 3rd one. This is a sheer powder that makes your skin look natural..not to matte so that your face looks flats and without dimension, it has a little sheen to it, almost unnoticeable on your skin. I have super oily skin and this makes my face look like velvet, flawlees and very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by melllm

Love this product. Looks great when achieving a very natural look as it is very sheer and lightweight. Love using this on days when my skin feels very blah! Plus, doesn't break me out at all.