August 21, 2014 | 940 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by glendonwyne

I decided to try EM after becoming too pale for Bare Minerals (MAC 05 - I use Fair Neutral in EM & I think it's the palest shade). I started with original glo, which blended well & went on smoothly (though not as blendable & smooth as BM was), but didn't cover enough. So I got a sample of the intensive base, which does not do what it claims to do. It's supposed to be the formula w/the best coverage, but I still need to use a ton to get semi-decent coverage, and what I use doesn't blend into my skin & disappears w/in a couple of hours. Also, it oxidizes to several shades darker (I am sure of this because sometimes there is some left on the palette I use with my brush, and when I go back the next day to use it, it has turned orange-ish compared to the powder in the pot, not to mention that at the beginning of the day I think it looks like a good color match, but when I come home it suddenly looks dreadful). I know my problems don't lie in what I use under it, because I've tried several different moisturizers/primers and none of them have solved the problem(s). At least the samples are cheap?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dewdrop

I love this brand of mineral makeup! Their sample packs are fun, inexpensive, and a great way to find your foundation shade as they have a heap of color choices with very subtle shade differences.

This product in the intensive formula covers ruddy areas quite well, it looks natural, and feels comfortable on my face unlike some other brands that cause a bit of itchiness, especially during humid months. I can't remember the last time I used liquid foundation!

If I have any beef at all, it would only be with the website - every time I go there to make another purchase, even though I am a returning customer I have to start all over with another new password, etc. Aside from that pesky issue, Everyday Minerals is a nice discovery.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by ShamyBabess

Hands down HG foundation! Intensive is my favorite formulation, great coverage, great lasting power and doesn't dry my skin out or cause break outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by trana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the bast mineral foundation I have found so far. The coverage is perfect for me (sheer to medium). It can be difficult to find your perfect shade though so make sure you order the free samples first. Love this brand of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by erinjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After being an avid Bare Minerals user for about 3 years, I decided that it was making my skin look a bit cakey and flaky, not as smooth as I would like. I read the reviews on here and decided to order the free sample kits in Fair and Ivory, as I was unsure of which color would be best. Each kit contains one of each of the 4 types of foundation. The intensive formula was the only one that really impressed me. The Original Glo was horrible, it was more like a highlighter, and therefore I could never imagine wearing it as a base. Anyway, this formula is MUCH cheaper than Bare Minerals and looks much smoother when applied to the skin. I think it also has better coverage. I will definitely purchase this again! Extra points for the free samples too... it made finding my correct shade so easy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by caseface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's kinda lame they discontinued the free sample kits! That's why I gave them an overall rating of 4, haha. I loved having the freedom of picking my own shades, since it can be pretty tough... being pale with no strong undertones. I was lucky enough to have ordered a few sample kits, after running out of one. I found that the Linen shade suits me perfectly.

I like the coverage this provides, and it doesn't make me break out (I have hormonal breakouts anyway, but I can usually tell if a product makes me break out).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by adesisca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think everyday mineral is a better mineral foundation as compared to the famous bare mineral. i never tried other finishes, i have been using the intensive foundation and i am loving it. it does give me a little shine on my nose and forehead after a few hours (i have a combination skin), but i have been using a face primer and i am loving my EM foundation all over again! the foundation is very afforable too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by allymahvi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so disappointed with this product! After experiencing horrible breakouts from bare minerals I just assumed I was allergic to the bismuth and when I came along the everyday minerals website I thought I had finally found a MMU I could use without the breakouts. But after using it for 4 days my face is covered in small pimples! And my skin is normally perfect. :( But as for coverage this makeup was medium-full and looked nice for the first 2 hours. After that my combo-skin turned into a greasy mess. Gross. I am going back to my liquid foundation which I never should have strayed from in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by cnguyen25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this formula for Everyday Minerals foundation. It's quite intense but that just means you dont need a concealer to cover up problems like I do. I have a lot of redness and acne scars. With this foundation, it covers almost all my blemishes and much more! The only problem I have with this foundation is that the shade may seem a little darker than the shade you really are in other formulas. Other than that, it's good if you like or need the full coverage without adding other concealers.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by a1issa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using EveryDay Minerals Intensive foundation for probably 8 months now, and I'm relatively happy with it, mostly because I have gotten it so cheaply ($6.50 each) in the past. However, I would not pay $12 a tub. Since they've discontinued their old deal of 5 items for $30 (or whatever it was), you now have to buy 12 items to get them down to $6.50 each. I split my last order with my mother, but I probably won't be using it much longer if I can't continue to get it so cheaply.

I do have to agree that you can get very oily, but I keep that tamed with Lumiere's Silk (I hate Every Day Minerals Silk; it's cheap and crappy). It's not a problem for me unless it's a hot day or I'm really sweating up a storm (which isn't often).

It also comes off easily later in the day. Wherever my sunglasses touch, my makeup comes right off. Or if I barely touch my boyfriend, off it goes.

The good thing is that you can find very light tones. I have problems finding makeup that matches my very pale yet warm toned skin, and I did find a good match from them.