Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 10/24/2009 4:32:00 PM

Hands down HG foundation! Intensive is my favorite formulation, great coverage, great lasting power and doesn't dry my skin out or cause break outs.

on 10/21/2009 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the bast mineral foundation I have found so far. The coverage is perfect for me (sheer to medium). It can be difficult to find your perfect shade though so make sure you order the free samples first. Love this brand of foundation.

on 10/15/2009 7:17:00 PM

After being an avid Bare Minerals user for about 3 years, I decided that it was making my skin look a bit cakey and flaky, not as smooth as I would like. I read the reviews on here and decided to order the free sample kits in Fair and Ivory, as I was unsure of which color would be best. Each kit contains one of each of the 4 types of foundation. The intensive formula was the only one that really impressed me. The Original Glo was horrible, it was more like a highlighter, and therefore I could never imagine wearing it as a base. Anyway, this formula is MUCH cheaper than Bare Minerals and looks much smoother when applied to the skin. I think it also has better coverage. I will definitely purchase this again! Extra points for the free samples too... it made finding my correct shade so easy!

on 10/15/2009 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's kinda lame they discontinued the free sample kits! That's why I gave them an overall rating of 4, haha. I loved having the freedom of picking my own shades, since it can be pretty tough... being pale with no strong undertones. I was lucky enough to have ordered a few sample kits, after running out of one. I found that the Linen shade suits me perfectly.

I like the coverage this provides, and it doesn't make me break out (I have hormonal breakouts anyway, but I can usually tell if a product makes me break out).

on 10/14/2009 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i think everyday mineral is a better mineral foundation as compared to the famous bare mineral. i never tried other finishes, i have been using the intensive foundation and i am loving it. it does give me a little shine on my nose and forehead after a few hours (i have a combination skin), but i have been using a face primer and i am loving my EM foundation all over again! the foundation is very afforable too.

on 10/8/2009 11:49:00 PM

I was so disappointed with this product! After experiencing horrible breakouts from bare minerals I just assumed I was allergic to the bismuth and when I came along the everyday minerals website I thought I had finally found a MMU I could use without the breakouts. But after using it for 4 days my face is covered in small pimples! And my skin is normally perfect. :( But as for coverage this makeup was medium-full and looked nice for the first 2 hours. After that my combo-skin turned into a greasy mess. Gross. I am going back to my liquid foundation which I never should have strayed from in the first place.

on 10/7/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I like this formula for Everyday Minerals foundation. It's quite intense but that just means you dont need a concealer to cover up problems like I do. I have a lot of redness and acne scars. With this foundation, it covers almost all my blemishes and much more! The only problem I have with this foundation is that the shade may seem a little darker than the shade you really are in other formulas. Other than that, it's good if you like or need the full coverage without adding other concealers.

on 10/5/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using EveryDay Minerals Intensive foundation for probably 8 months now, and I'm relatively happy with it, mostly because I have gotten it so cheaply ($6.50 each) in the past. However, I would not pay $12 a tub. Since they've discontinued their old deal of 5 items for $30 (or whatever it was), you now have to buy 12 items to get them down to $6.50 each. I split my last order with my mother, but I probably won't be using it much longer if I can't continue to get it so cheaply.

I do have to agree that you can get very oily, but I keep that tamed with Lumiere's Silk (I hate Every Day Minerals Silk; it's cheap and crappy). It's not a problem for me unless it's a hot day or I'm really sweating up a storm (which isn't often).

It also comes off easily later in the day. Wherever my sunglasses touch, my makeup comes right off. Or if I barely touch my boyfriend, off it goes.

The good thing is that you can find very light tones. I have problems finding makeup that matches my very pale yet warm toned skin, and I did find a good match from them.

on 9/29/2009 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! The coverage is awesome, it lasts all day without make me orange or shiny, and (most importantly) the shade actually matches my skin. My only complaint about this is that it is a little harder to blend than other EM finishes. I actually prefer the semi-matte finish most days but intensive is great for when my skin is extra grumpy.

on 9/29/2009 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this after all the raving that's been done on the brand and I'll admitt that it is a good foundation, I've used this in the buff - fair neutral wich is one of the fairest I think. I've also primed and sealed with the kaolin powder fair wich indeed has helped with the staying power. But it is still not enough for me I'm afraid. It covers really good and you can build til' you're pleased. This is so far the best color for me since I'm really proud of my pale skin and I really like pale skin :)

Unfortunately it tend to look a bit powdery on me and in the afternoon/evening you can literally rub it of with just easy strokes from a finger on my nose.. and it will totally run away in rain.

It's dirt cheap and the container is really good with the slider thingy so the powder wont get all over. I apply it with EDMs flat top brush wich is SOO much better than when I used a brush from Bare minerals.

I do recomend this to people that are not overly oily :)