April 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by bitternessinmymouth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's pretty strong (10% benzoyl peroxide) and kind of stings and dries out your face, so be sure to moisturize well afterward. As a daily cleanser, it doesn't do much - it hasn't really helped my acne and it doesn't get rid of all the oil. That said, I now use it just as a **spot treatment** and it works great: at night, put some on any acne cysts or whatever and it dries out in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

This is the best product for acne you will ever come up upon. If you have combination or any type of skin and are suffering from mild/moderate acne that never goes away no matter what you do, takes this product and never look back.
The second day that I used it, 1/3 of my acne was already gone, and within hours, the redness was disappearing.
Used two times a day is recommended for quicker and better results.
This product does not foam, because it is basically like an acne treatment.
People have been rating it low and complaining that it dries their skin, but that's only because it has benzoyl peroxide, and any moisturizer can help sooth dry skin.

EDIT: I don't need to use toner now, because it feels like it leaves an uncomfortable mask on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by karebear96

i will never use this again!!! i had used this when i was 11 and it worked great. but i stopped using it for some reason. now at 13 i decided to use it again. worst mistake of my life!! it left my forehead, cheeks, and eyelids super dry, flaky, and sensitive!!! i have stopped using it and after 2 weks, my skin has almost gone back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has become my HG cleanser. I was previously using Neutrogena's Deep Clean line of BHA cleansers, but those left my face dried out and didn't help with hormonal breakouts, and my uneven skin-tone. So I decided to go back to CC because I respond very well to Benzoyl Peroxide. My face is super clean now, and I have this miracle of a cleanser to thank. I do have a bit of a hard time finding it in stock here in Canada, but I usually buy to tubes at a time (I've gone through about 5 tubes to date). I also like that the formula is creamy, so any make up reside left by my Ponds will surely come off with the cleanser. I am careful to use sunscreen, especially now that summer is coming. My only beef with this product is the small amount in the tube. The tube is about 5 oz in weight, not volume, and because it is very dense, you get a smaller amount than other cleansers, but I'm not going to give up this product for that reason. If they every discontinue this I will be raiding every drugstore, grocery store, and wal-mart for remaining tubes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by briii

i too get time of the month breakouts and its so hard to find something that gets rid of them, but i love this! i use it when its that time of the month and for a few days after just to make sure. its amazing. it clears up my skin so fast, and surprisingly it doesnt dry my skin up at all. im so happy with this product and i cannot live without it. its my lifesavor for when its that dreadful time of the month :) i highly reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am 21 , have time of the month acne, slight cystic acne occasionally , and occasional breakouts. After i ran out of my 2nd purchase of this product i found pimple after pimple saying hello. I use the 10% version, and for me i love it. I find some "exfoliates" while their rage, often enrage my skin as small particles get into pores. Maybe im using exfoliates wrong? Perhaps it should be done on "colder" skin as to open pores? Either way, for me this cleanser is my go to for now unless i get to use to the product. From a young women with multible acne issues here and there it really helps my skin stay clear and feels really luxurious to me on my skin. Cooling, refreshing, and reasonably priced at 6-9$ depending where you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Bexalicious

I use to use this when I was going through puberty in my teens. I am still amazed today at how well it worked for my skin! It kept my skin truly clean, clear and imperfection free; I would only get the occasional zit around that time of the month. However, I took one lippie off because I have recently had a severe acne outbreak due to an illness I have been diagnosed with and because of some medications I was put on. After trying many, many, many products I decided to give this product a try again. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed; it only seemed to bring more pimples to the surface. My acne is now a circumstance of an internal condition. So I would only recommend this for pubertal acne from my experience, but hey give it a try, it may just work for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by drdoodles

My roommate bought this product by mistake for me, since I usually use Clean & Clear continuous wash, she thought it was the same purple bottled product. I decided to try it, since I am always on the look out for a good facial cleanser. Before I start my review, I would like to say I have acne prone skin, and I do get an occasional pimple, but most of the time my skin is pretty clear. This product is really harsh, the 10% benzyl peroxide is no joke. I know the label says keep out of eyes and near mouth, but if you wash your forehead with product it will eventually go toward the eye region, due to gravity. I keep my eyes closed but the product gets near the skin of my eyelashes. So painful!! I don't really like the menthol cooling effect and it really didn't do much to my skin but strip all the moisture and make it really dry. I would definitely not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The menthol in this cleanser made my skin feel so fresh. I loved using this just because it cleansed well and because of the feel of my skin afterwards but it really didn't help much with my acne. I have mild-moderate acne and this didn't make much of a difference. Maybe preventing it getting worse but my acne is hormonal, not from breaking out from certain products so its gonna be there anyway which is why i was hoping for something that clears my skin but oh well, back to my search for one that works. BTW I didn't have problems with drying out, but I do moisturize after I cleanse so I can't comment on what it'll feel like if I didn't moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by barbieismetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im reviewing the Canadian version with 5% benzoyl

Ive been using this for almost a month now and its cleared up my skin so nicely , I love the way my skin feels after i use this to , so cold and clean , Its great.

i will definetly keep using this product , it really seems to do wonders for my skin.

its also cut out redness in my skin to , its not really drying as long as u put on a good moisturizer afterwards