November 26, 2014 | 1678 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by VJBrunso

I started using this product about 2 years ago, and it TOTALLY cleared up all of my acne! I stopped using it about 2 months ago, and now I have acne again! I am going to go buy another tube today. My acne is hormonal, so I think this cleanser works well for that. The cleanser is definitely a little bit harsh on my sensitive skin, leaving my flaky, but I will take flaky over acne ANY day! I can just dab on a little bit of moisturizer afterwards!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by orientalxxpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an underrated product. I have extremely sensitive skin and it doesn't burn me whatsoever. Of course I avoid my eye area because likewise when I get close to it, with any product with 10% BP it will be sensitive. I massage it into my face for about a minute making sure it absorbs fully. I use it on my back especially, ever day, and I use it on my face at night before bed. I don't use it twice as day seeing as how it may leave my face feeling dry. After I use it I load on my Aveeno cream because I have dry skin to begin with. I have only seen positive results and am already on my second tube. For those that work with BP it is a holy grail, for those that work more with SA, you're probably going to be let down.

Love it, need it, gotta have it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by emelza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with whomever said this stuff was kind of evil; it burns like mad and makes my eyes water, but man is it effective! I only use it at night because I think it's too harsh for twice a day and I have crazy oily skin, so I can't imagine anyone with remotely dry skin using this. I've been using it every night for about a month and have had no breakouts, not even minor. Even though it has 10% bp, I follow it up with DFF 5% bp treatment, then moisturize and it's been successful so far. HOWEVER, if you are not severely oily and acne prone I would not suggest this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by glamgirl24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why a lot of people said that this product burned their face; I felt a cool tingling after I washed my face with this. This is actually pretty good and I might buy it again. It does get rid of acne (that's why there's 10% benzoyl peroxide in this stuff). The bad news is that it's DEFINITELY not for people with sensitive skin, and it looks like there's a lot of product in the bottle but there isn't.

I got this at CVS.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by misscayanxoxo

After reading the reviews, I thought I'd give it a shot. It was alright the feeling of the tingle-ness felt good, and clean. After my skin would be a slightly dry, yet tight too.

It didn't do much for my skin, Even though it has 10% benzoyl peroxide. It didn't take my white heads away. Or make my blemishes appear less.

Overall it was just a good cleanser to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jaynek

This cleanser is a bit evil. It burns my skin, stings my eyes, bleaches my towels (that warning on the back about bleaching fabrics is not a joke!), and dries out my skin something shocking. But, oh boy, does it clear up acne! I use it a couple of times a day when I'm breaking out until the pimples have surrendered (which doesn't take long) and then I switch back to a gentle cleanser and use some Lucas Pawpaw Ointment or Bio-oil to clear up any dry, flaky patches.

My skin is always a bit red after using this, but it settles down after about ten minutes. It managed to get rid of the stubborn acne on my forehead and chin, which is totally amazing for me! I was considering buying Proactiv (for 70AUD) when I decided to try this (which costs only 10AUD), so it's really good value for money.

Long story short - it will irritate your skin and you'l need a good moisturiser, but it's a great, CHEAP option for acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by fathom2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't get it mistaken, this is a strong product and it does dry if you don't use a proper moisturizer after, but then again if you have any type of skin problems you should be using a moisturizer anyways. It really does work and when I feel my face getting too dry from it, I'll skip it and use a gentle non acne face wash in its place for either that morning or night. If you can learn how to balance the product you'll have great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Nessachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this every night. I wouldn't recommend this for sensitive skin because of the high benzoyl peroxide content. However, my skin is oily and acne-prone so it works for me. It's creamy, strong, and effective

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by breathecaroline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really strong. I was breaking out badly last month and out of desperation I picked this up because of the strong percentage benzoyl peroxide. I read reviews on here and it said it made people's skin irritated and dry. Worried, because I have both dry and sensitive skin, I decided on using it every other day. At first, maybe I thought maybe it would only work if I used it everyday, but sure enough, five days later, I stopped breaking out and my zits started going away. A week later, here I am, pimple free! The only con is that it irritated the skin on the tops of my cheeks. Didn't notice much dryness, though. I've stopped using it and I will only start using it when I have another freak breakout which happen every couple months. Probably will have this for a while, but if I do run out, I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by brittanykc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I have been suffering from breakouts for years and decided i had enough. I decided to try this product, but wished i had NEVER laid eyes on it! After about a week of using it my face did clear up but my face got really dry and itchy. I didnt think it was a big deal because I would just use moisturizer to help out with that. But one morning I noticed my face was beat RED! My face looked like a giant TOMATOE! I didnt go out for a days! My face looked like it was on fire. I would never use this product again or anything from clean & clear for that fact!