July 25, 2014 | 1968 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by fathom2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't get it mistaken, this is a strong product and it does dry if you don't use a proper moisturizer after, but then again if you have any type of skin problems you should be using a moisturizer anyways. It really does work and when I feel my face getting too dry from it, I'll skip it and use a gentle non acne face wash in its place for either that morning or night. If you can learn how to balance the product you'll have great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Nessachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this every night. I wouldn't recommend this for sensitive skin because of the high benzoyl peroxide content. However, my skin is oily and acne-prone so it works for me. It's creamy, strong, and effective

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by breathecaroline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really strong. I was breaking out badly last month and out of desperation I picked this up because of the strong percentage benzoyl peroxide. I read reviews on here and it said it made people's skin irritated and dry. Worried, because I have both dry and sensitive skin, I decided on using it every other day. At first, maybe I thought maybe it would only work if I used it everyday, but sure enough, five days later, I stopped breaking out and my zits started going away. A week later, here I am, pimple free! The only con is that it irritated the skin on the tops of my cheeks. Didn't notice much dryness, though. I've stopped using it and I will only start using it when I have another freak breakout which happen every couple months. Probably will have this for a while, but if I do run out, I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by brittanykc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I have been suffering from breakouts for years and decided i had enough. I decided to try this product, but wished i had NEVER laid eyes on it! After about a week of using it my face did clear up but my face got really dry and itchy. I didnt think it was a big deal because I would just use moisturizer to help out with that. But one morning I noticed my face was beat RED! My face looked like a giant TOMATOE! I didnt go out for a days! My face looked like it was on fire. I would never use this product again or anything from clean & clear for that fact!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by bitternessinmymouth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's pretty strong (10% benzoyl peroxide) and kind of stings and dries out your face, so be sure to moisturize well afterward. As a daily cleanser, it doesn't do much - it hasn't really helped my acne and it doesn't get rid of all the oil. That said, I now use it just as a **spot treatment** and it works great: at night, put some on any acne cysts or whatever and it dries out in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

This is the best product for acne you will ever come up upon. If you have combination or any type of skin and are suffering from mild/moderate acne that never goes away no matter what you do, takes this product and never look back.
The second day that I used it, 1/3 of my acne was already gone, and within hours, the redness was disappearing.
Used two times a day is recommended for quicker and better results.
This product does not foam, because it is basically like an acne treatment.
People have been rating it low and complaining that it dries their skin, but that's only because it has benzoyl peroxide, and any moisturizer can help sooth dry skin.

EDIT: I don't need to use toner now, because it feels like it leaves an uncomfortable mask on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by karebear96

i will never use this again!!! i had used this when i was 11 and it worked great. but i stopped using it for some reason. now at 13 i decided to use it again. worst mistake of my life!! it left my forehead, cheeks, and eyelids super dry, flaky, and sensitive!!! i have stopped using it and after 2 weks, my skin has almost gone back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has become my HG cleanser. I was previously using Neutrogena's Deep Clean line of BHA cleansers, but those left my face dried out and didn't help with hormonal breakouts, and my uneven skin-tone. So I decided to go back to CC because I respond very well to Benzoyl Peroxide. My face is super clean now, and I have this miracle of a cleanser to thank. I do have a bit of a hard time finding it in stock here in Canada, but I usually buy to tubes at a time (I've gone through about 5 tubes to date). I also like that the formula is creamy, so any make up reside left by my Ponds will surely come off with the cleanser. I am careful to use sunscreen, especially now that summer is coming. My only beef with this product is the small amount in the tube. The tube is about 5 oz in weight, not volume, and because it is very dense, you get a smaller amount than other cleansers, but I'm not going to give up this product for that reason. If they every discontinue this I will be raiding every drugstore, grocery store, and wal-mart for remaining tubes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by briii

i too get time of the month breakouts and its so hard to find something that gets rid of them, but i love this! i use it when its that time of the month and for a few days after just to make sure. its amazing. it clears up my skin so fast, and surprisingly it doesnt dry my skin up at all. im so happy with this product and i cannot live without it. its my lifesavor for when its that dreadful time of the month :) i highly reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am 21 , have time of the month acne, slight cystic acne occasionally , and occasional breakouts. After i ran out of my 2nd purchase of this product i found pimple after pimple saying hello. I use the 10% version, and for me i love it. I find some "exfoliates" while their rage, often enrage my skin as small particles get into pores. Maybe im using exfoliates wrong? Perhaps it should be done on "colder" skin as to open pores? Either way, for me this cleanser is my go to for now unless i get to use to the product. From a young women with multible acne issues here and there it really helps my skin stay clear and feels really luxurious to me on my skin. Cooling, refreshing, and reasonably priced at 6-9$ depending where you buy it.