Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.7

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

on 7/21/2010 11:16:00 PM

I love the way this product makes my skin feel. It doesn't leave residue or feel harsh. Leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. However, it hurts my eyes a lot just being near it.

on 7/15/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried other cleansers but I always come back to this one! It kind of tingles when you use it and leaves your skin feeling clean all day!

on 7/15/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is not for those with sensitive skin because it has a very high percentage of benzoyl peroxide (10%). This cleared up my most of acne within a month.

It does burn certain areas on my face mainly around my eyes and it does bleach towels but it is effective if you have moderate to severe acne/cystic acne.

One downside is that it is extremly drying and irritates certain sections of my face.

EDIT: I found this stopped working after using for about 6 months.

This product kind of destroyed my face! It burned my face a lot and it stayed red for a couple hours. It felt awful and it pretty much didn't work, my skin just can't handle Benzoyl peroxide. But i guess this works for people whose skin isn't so delicate or fair so try at your own risk!

I love it! I've been using this for about a year now and my skin has cleared up and hasn't given me any problems. I have dry skin in the winter and normal skin in the summer, but I use this year-round. In the winter it can be a bit drying, but using a lotion fixes that. It says to use twice daily, but I only use it once and that seems to be better for my skin.

on 7/9/2010 7:31:00 PM

I have dry and acne-prone skin. omg WOW talk about some fast results! I use the one that is 10% benzoyl peroxide (not the salicyc acid one) It smells so fresh and leaves your skin with a tingly feeling afterwards. I had a bunch of blemishes on both cheeks and along my jawline. After about 4 days of using this day and night, my skin cleared up NOTICEABLY! I did use it with clean & clear's persagel (also 10% benzoyl peroxide), and now I don't have a single blemish left. BE ADVISED: You MUST MUST MUST MUST use some serious moisturizer after either of these products. The benzoyl peroxide will dry out your skin (it kills the acne from within your skin).

on 6/23/2010 7:54:00 PM

This cleanser does wonders for me!

~cons~ doesn't remove makeup and leaves ur skin kinda shiny (but u moisturize after and the shine goes away)

~pros~clears up acne feels sooooo refreshing and makes my skin soft

on 6/21/2010 10:57:00 AM

I started using this product about 2 years ago, and it TOTALLY cleared up all of my acne! I stopped using it about 2 months ago, and now I have acne again! I am going to go buy another tube today. My acne is hormonal, so I think this cleanser works well for that. The cleanser is definitely a little bit harsh on my sensitive skin, leaving my flaky, but I will take flaky over acne ANY day! I can just dab on a little bit of moisturizer afterwards!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is such an underrated product. I have extremely sensitive skin and it doesn't burn me whatsoever. Of course I avoid my eye area because likewise when I get close to it, with any product with 10% BP it will be sensitive. I massage it into my face for about a minute making sure it absorbs fully. I use it on my back especially, ever day, and I use it on my face at night before bed. I don't use it twice as day seeing as how it may leave my face feeling dry. After I use it I load on my Aveeno cream because I have dry skin to begin with. I have only seen positive results and am already on my second tube. For those that work with BP it is a holy grail, for those that work more with SA, you're probably going to be let down.

Love it, need it, gotta have it!

on 6/5/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I totally agree with whomever said this stuff was kind of evil; it burns like mad and makes my eyes water, but man is it effective! I only use it at night because I think it's too harsh for twice a day and I have crazy oily skin, so I can't imagine anyone with remotely dry skin using this. I've been using it every night for about a month and have had no breakouts, not even minor. Even though it has 10% bp, I follow it up with DFF 5% bp treatment, then moisturize and it's been successful so far. HOWEVER, if you are not severely oily and acne prone I would not suggest this.