Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.7

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

I've been using this product for a few years now, and I have to say that it has pretty much eliminated my acne. I have combination skin that is prone to minor breakouts. Before using this product, while I was in my late teens I was dismayed that I may never "grow out" of getting breakouts. They were never extreme, but I always seemed to have something on my face. After using this for a month or so, I started seeing a dramatic improvement. My skin isn't really sensitive, but in the beginning it did burn a little bit, however my skin soon adapted and now there are no problems. I use it once a day and usually follow with clinique's acne moisturizer, which also has benzoyl peroxide in it. I know that it is mostly the work of the cleanser that prevents breakouts because in summer and winter I don't use that moisturizer that often with very few ill effects, but if I don't wash with this cleanser I usually break out. I am a little worried about using so much benzoyl peroxide, as I've heard it has aging effects, but I haven't found anything to replace it.

I cant believe I've actually found a product that works! I didnt think I would ever find something that would actually clear up my acne. This product has made a huge difference to my skin. My skin looks amazing now. Ive recommended this product to all my friends that have acne. Its a miracle product! =) I can actually go without wearing foundation and not being embarrassed about my skin now. So if you have acne and and have tried billions of products. Try this! because it might work. It has benzoyl peroxide which kills the acne. If youve tried products with salicyclic acid and found they dont work. then maybe you should probably try something stronger with benzoyl peroxide.

Wow, I really like this product! It took a few days for me to notice a difference, but this has really helped clear my skin up! I use it only once a day, at night, because I don't want the ten percent Benzoyl Peroxide to dry out my skin. It hasn't yet, since I use the Clean and Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer right afterwards. I'm not totally sure that this product has been the sole reason my skin has been doing so well, since I started using the moisturizer I mentioned earlier and the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub at the same time. Either way, I'd totally buy this again.

I have been using this cleanser for months. Initially, my face was not used to this and it caused my skin to flake and sting after wash. I stopped for awhile thinking that what a waste of money. Then i started to use it again after my skin is fully recovered. My face started to ascustom to it and has not experience any burn sensation after that. I reckon it was because i did not leave the cleanser for very long time. I quickly wash off so it did not hurt. But it did not help me to get rid of my acne, sadly. :( My acne just keeps on coming. This cleanser does not seem to keep them away or make them shrink.. Overall, i think this cleaner is not doing its job and not worth buying though the price is cheap.

I love the way this product makes my skin feel. It doesn't leave residue or feel harsh. Leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. However, it hurts my eyes a lot just being near it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried other cleansers but I always come back to this one! It kind of tingles when you use it and leaves your skin feeling clean all day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is not for those with sensitive skin because it has a very high percentage of benzoyl peroxide (10%). This cleared up my most of acne within a month.

It does burn certain areas on my face mainly around my eyes and it does bleach towels but it is effective if you have moderate to severe acne/cystic acne.

One downside is that it is extremly drying and irritates certain sections of my face.

EDIT: I found this stopped working after using for about 6 months.

This product kind of destroyed my face! It burned my face a lot and it stayed red for a couple hours. It felt awful and it pretty much didn't work, my skin just can't handle Benzoyl peroxide. But i guess this works for people whose skin isn't so delicate or fair so try at your own risk!

I love it! I've been using this for about a year now and my skin has cleared up and hasn't given me any problems. I have dry skin in the winter and normal skin in the summer, but I use this year-round. In the winter it can be a bit drying, but using a lotion fixes that. It says to use twice daily, but I only use it once and that seems to be better for my skin.

I have dry and acne-prone skin. omg WOW talk about some fast results! I use the one that is 10% benzoyl peroxide (not the salicyc acid one) It smells so fresh and leaves your skin with a tingly feeling afterwards. I had a bunch of blemishes on both cheeks and along my jawline. After about 4 days of using this day and night, my skin cleared up NOTICEABLY! I did use it with clean & clear's persagel (also 10% benzoyl peroxide), and now I don't have a single blemish left. BE ADVISED: You MUST MUST MUST MUST use some serious moisturizer after either of these products. The benzoyl peroxide will dry out your skin (it kills the acne from within your skin).