Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender

3.6

on 3/29/2009 11:34:00 PM

I'm surprised at the low reviews. I am amazed at the length and curl (yes, applied in the car to bare lashes with no curler available!) It is very smooth textured,so no bumps or clumps, just natural looking very long lashes. I like volume too, so will have to layer something on top, that's the only reason for dropping one lippie - but for the excellent length and lack of clumps it definitely gets my love.

A good product, very lengthening, nice purple writing

on 3/23/2009 3:18:00 PM

I am very picky with my mascara and this one is one of my favorites. Makes them nice and long with great separation and no flakes or smearing. I love L'oreal Volumnous but I hate the flaking and smearing. I always put a couple of coats on no matter which brand and this one looks great.

on 3/21/2009 10:06:00 PM

this is my first rimmel mascara and so far i really like it .. A LOT. this mascara does not give me any clumps and it does not smudge at all. it somewhat thickens my lashes and gives it some lengthening but it holds the curl so WONDERFULLY. i recommend this product. =]

EDIT: i have been using this mascara for a really long time now and i have to say this .. this is my all time favorite mascara! it still doesn't clump my eyelashes and it holds the curl so greaat!!

on 3/18/2009 8:03:00 PM

this stuff was the WORST. it didn't do anything to my lashes except put lots of clumps into them!! moreover, getting it off was pretty darn hard... it took a good chunk of my neutrogena eye makeup remover to get it off. and whatever you do, don't get it in your eyes (ie don't get wet when wearing this!) not only will it smudge like crazy, but it burns like no other mascara i've ever used (which makes taking it off extremely difficult if you don't have an eye makeup remover on hand)

I gave this product two chances, which is not a matter of course for me. I'm a devotee of L'Oreal Double Extend and recommend it to everyone who will listen.

This mascara is the opposite of what I'm looking for. It gives no length, no volume, no curl hold. I feel like I look more tired today and that I forgot to put mascara on at all.

The price is low, but I'd rather pay twice as much for something that works.

EDITED: i tried it again this morning because i forgot to go to the drugstore and pick up something else. after 3 coats, i look less naked, but it's still not something i'd recommend.

on 3/6/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far, I really like this, it seems to be holding the curl on my lashes, but it does take 2-3 coats to make it a look with fuller lashes.. Else it's just length, and I am a sucker for both volume and crazy length in lashes!
I'll update if I change my mind about this mascara, as I have only used it for a few days :)

on 2/25/2009 11:12:00 PM

I have fairly long eyelashes but this product made them crazy long! I absolutely love this product. It washes off great, gives great curl, great lenght, everything for a perfect mascara!

on 2/14/2009 8:05:00 PM

Like the person before me, it does undo my curls, probably because I have stick straight lashes even after curling AND primer! However I found a way to use it, after I layer on several coats of Lash blast for volume, I add this to the ends just to give it more length.

on 2/14/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice mascara if all you are needing is added length to your lashes. I personally like a tad more volume than what this mascara offers. It applies nicely and wears all day w/o any problems. It also washes off well too which is must for me. I do not like tugging around my eye area too much aka promotes wrinkles :s I like Rimmel Magnifier mascara much better than this mascara.