Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo

3.8

Oryza sativa (rice) starch, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, kaolin, silica, acrylates copolymer, tapioca starch, fragrance, oryza sativa (rice) brain oil, beta glucan, avena sativa (oat) bran extract, rice amino acids, magnesium carbonate, hectorite, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, chloroxylenol. MAY contain: titanium dioxide.

I love this stuff...it smells lemony and works great at perking up a tired hairstyle. It absorbs oil nicely too and doesn't make my dark hair very dull...would re buy again and again! I have used both the spray and the powder and prefer the spray because it's quick and easy to use.

on 11/25/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Anyone who has used baby powder or cornstarch know there is a BIG diffference between that and an actual hair powder. If you think it's hard to blend this in, those are almost impossible and leave your hair gray or dull/spotted with powder. I prefer this to the can spray, which went back. Sure it's not cheap, but you only use it at the roots and brush it through. The main ingredient of rice starch is much lighter and airy on the hair. I love the scent, it's clean lemon verbena. Very fresh and not too strong. I'd die if my hair color washed out too fast after what I paid to get it done. So this is a small amount of money to hand over. The reason the spray form is at such a low buy again percentage is it has to be shaken for 5 minutes to prevent clogging, and the nozzle has to be turned 10-15 times after each use. It clogs fast! And sprays too much at once, you cannot control the amount. The air inside the can continues to escape...so it goes empty and cannot be used. People are getting maybe 2 or 3 uses and that's it.

on 11/21/2009 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't use Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo very often, but I love it when I do. I have fine, shoulder-length blonde hair that I wash either every day or every other day. When I've gone to the trouble of blowing it out, I usually skip a day of washing. And that's when this product comes in handy.

As mentioned, the powder does tend to come out in spurts. I run about three lines through the length of my scalp, rub it in like a shampoo, and then brush my hair. Then I like to part my hair in a few different places to make sure all the product has been dispersed properly.

I've tried many dry shampoos- the sprays either clog or run out after very few uses, and that cornstarch/baby power trick? It doesn't work for me. The Oscar Blandi shampoo does what it claims, makes your hair smell lemony, and is just an all-around great thing to have on hand. It's invaluable when you're in a rush.

on 11/20/2009 10:03:00 AM

I do not know what I would do without this stuff. Dry shampoo is a necessity if you are trying to preserve color treated hair.

Even though the bottle is on the pricey side, it lasts a very long time. A large bottle lasts me for about 6 months. I wash my hair every 3 or 4 days and this stuff keeps my hair manageable and smelling like lemons. My boyfriend likes the scent and he can still play with my hair so that is a big selling point for me.

I do not recommend using it more than 3 days in a row because like all product, it will build up and you hair will feel dirty, especially your scalp.

I have bright red hair and I have no trouble blending this white powder rendering it unnoticeable. If my boyfriend tells me that he sees any powder, I just rub it in some more and brush it out. I think you have to have patience and a light hand in order to use this stuff properly.

The biggest surprise for me was how manageable my hair was after using it. I love to wear my hair in 40's/50's pinup styles and this dry shampoo has made it so much easier to get dramatic rolls, curls and volume. If I want more shine, I lightly spritz my 'do with Paul Mitchel The Shine Spray.

On the flip side of up-do's, my hair looks just as awesome if I wear it down, but I prefer to use my curling iron to give it some shape.

Pronto is a staple in my beauty regimen and a must have.

on 11/7/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I admit I've never used this product, but it seems a little overpriced considering that I've used cornstarch and i think I get the same results you guys have described. I think I found this trick from a Seventeen article from years ago.

give it a try- you might save a lot of $$!

on 10/23/2009 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I adore this dry shampoo! My hair gets oily super fast...I can't go 24 hours without washing my hair and it is not just a little oily, it looks plain greasy and dirty. This stuff is a miracle! I put a little on my fingertips and then massage it into my scalp, especially around my part line and on the top of my head until the powder can't be seen and the result is amazing! My oily looking hair looks 100x better. Not only this, but my hair is pretty fine with not alot of volume...just fine, limp hair. The dry shampoo boosts up my volume ten fold and gives me a really sexy tousled look. While for me not a shower replacement or anything, it definitely is a great pick me up!

on 10/21/2009 8:29:00 PM

I love this! I am a true oily headed.. must wash every day girl...I was skeptical of buying this. With this I can go an extra day!! That is such a blessing if I need it. It really soaks up the oil. Now the white powder on brunette hair is a bit of a chore to get worked in but the results are worth it. The smell is just ok to me. Would repurchase...

on 10/15/2009 11:05:00 AM

I'm a big fan of dry shampoo - in between washes, a little bit of stuff in the roots soaks up the grease and gives you a fresh look. However, this particular one did nothing for me. First of all, the packaging is awful - its just in a bottle with a small tip that you're supposed to squeeze or sprinkle the powder out of, whihc i found to be extremely inconvenient and messy. You can't really sprinkle this stuff out, you sort of have to tip the bottle and squeeze to get the powder out onto your hair, then it comes out in heaps. yes, you can get used to the application method after a couple tries, but why bother when you can purchase spray dry shampoo? This bottle totally takes the convenience out of having dry shampoo around.

As for the product itself, I found the lemony scent refreshing, but i felt that dumping powder on your roots then rubbing it in to get the gray out of your hair took too long for me to even be satisfied by teh results. the result was typical, it does its job but it took too long and ti was too messy. this product comes in a spray bottle, i would be much happier with that purchase but i will nto be buying this again. I am a much bigger fan of the Rene Furterer dry shampoo - that is an instant shower in a bottle!

on 10/7/2009 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product, it's a lifesaver. For days when I don't wash my hair it fluffs it up really nice and it leaves such a nice scent. The funny thing is my hair looks better on these days than when it's freshly washed, it's more moldable. I have medium blonde hair with a wave to it so it works well for me, I can see brunette's having more of an issue since the powder is white. My sister is brunette and didn't like it for that reason so she gave me her bottle, and I love it!

on 10/2/2009 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had never used a dry shampoo before. I have thick coarse hair. Washing, conditioning, drying, and then flat ironing is often a 45 minute time period for me. After my last visit to the hairdresser, I had my hair cut and colored. I was going to a nice event and did not have the time to do all of those things and put makeup on, too. So here was the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo sitting on my counter unused since I had bought it after some recommended it to me. I thought what do I have to lose by trying it? I read the directions and sprayed it all over my head, keeping close to the scalp. I waited about 10 minutes for it to dry. Then I bent over and took a brush and kept brushing through my hair. Many white particles like fine dander came out and so I continued until no more fell. Then I looked into the mirror and combed my hair. Not only did it look completely clean (It was really greasy.), but it still held the style from the salon. I asked DH to smell my hair to make sure that it was okay. He like the slight clean lemony fragrance. This product has been a real boon for me. It will not replace regular hair washing but in a pinch, it did wonders for me and was a great time saver.