October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonDish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this dry shampoo! My hair gets oily super fast...I can't go 24 hours without washing my hair and it is not just a little oily, it looks plain greasy and dirty. This stuff is a miracle! I put a little on my fingertips and then massage it into my scalp, especially around my part line and on the top of my head until the powder can't be seen and the result is amazing! My oily looking hair looks 100x better. Not only this, but my hair is pretty fine with not alot of volume...just fine, limp hair. The dry shampoo boosts up my volume ten fold and gives me a really sexy tousled look. While for me not a shower replacement or anything, it definitely is a great pick me up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by piperbaby

I love this! I am a true oily headed.. must wash every day girl...I was skeptical of buying this. With this I can go an extra day!! That is such a blessing if I need it. It really soaks up the oil. Now the white powder on brunette hair is a bit of a chore to get worked in but the results are worth it. The smell is just ok to me. Would repurchase...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of dry shampoo - in between washes, a little bit of stuff in the roots soaks up the grease and gives you a fresh look. However, this particular one did nothing for me. First of all, the packaging is awful - its just in a bottle with a small tip that you're supposed to squeeze or sprinkle the powder out of, whihc i found to be extremely inconvenient and messy. You can't really sprinkle this stuff out, you sort of have to tip the bottle and squeeze to get the powder out onto your hair, then it comes out in heaps. yes, you can get used to the application method after a couple tries, but why bother when you can purchase spray dry shampoo? This bottle totally takes the convenience out of having dry shampoo around.

As for the product itself, I found the lemony scent refreshing, but i felt that dumping powder on your roots then rubbing it in to get the gray out of your hair took too long for me to even be satisfied by teh results. the result was typical, it does its job but it took too long and ti was too messy. this product comes in a spray bottle, i would be much happier with that purchase but i will nto be buying this again. I am a much bigger fan of the Rene Furterer dry shampoo - that is an instant shower in a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sylivabz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product, it's a lifesaver. For days when I don't wash my hair it fluffs it up really nice and it leaves such a nice scent. The funny thing is my hair looks better on these days than when it's freshly washed, it's more moldable. I have medium blonde hair with a wave to it so it works well for me, I can see brunette's having more of an issue since the powder is white. My sister is brunette and didn't like it for that reason so she gave me her bottle, and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had never used a dry shampoo before. I have thick coarse hair. Washing, conditioning, drying, and then flat ironing is often a 45 minute time period for me. After my last visit to the hairdresser, I had my hair cut and colored. I was going to a nice event and did not have the time to do all of those things and put makeup on, too. So here was the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo sitting on my counter unused since I had bought it after some recommended it to me. I thought what do I have to lose by trying it? I read the directions and sprayed it all over my head, keeping close to the scalp. I waited about 10 minutes for it to dry. Then I bent over and took a brush and kept brushing through my hair. Many white particles like fine dander came out and so I continued until no more fell. Then I looked into the mirror and combed my hair. Not only did it look completely clean (It was really greasy.), but it still held the style from the salon. I asked DH to smell my hair to make sure that it was okay. He like the slight clean lemony fragrance. This product has been a real boon for me. It will not replace regular hair washing but in a pinch, it did wonders for me and was a great time saver.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kml636

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used most dry shampoos and decided to test this one. I liked the lemon scent, but its CLUMPY and runs out so quickly! Not impressed! I've never used one so clumpy. My friend told me it looked like I had been baking and gotten flour all over my hair. NOT worth the premium price; I prefer T3 or even drugstore brands to this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by macquadisiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The packaging is very silly. The spout makes no sense (the powder still erupts everywhere, no matter what I do), and the bottle holds basically no product! After using it a couple times (in small areas), a lot of the product is gone. I also really didn't notice much of a difference in those spots, except they looked a little powdery...ew. It smells like lemon cleaning supplies, which confuses me, and it is overall definitely not worth the price. I'm saddened that this is the dry shampoo the lady at Sephora recommended to me, but I am not about to buy a new dry shampoo at this point. Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have an oily scalp and wanted to start skipping a day between shampoos to save time and keep my hilighted hair from further damage (and hopefully make my color last longer). Overall, I like this product and the powder version lasts a long time - I only bought the 1 oz. bottle to try it out first.

The reason I wouldn't re-purchase, I found a make-your-own Dry Shampoo formula from the In-Style magazine:

Mix equal parts - 1/2 baking soda and 1/2 talc powder (you can use scented powder or unscented) and blend to create your own very inexpensive version of this product. If you buy the 1 oz. powder container, you can refill it with your own mixture. I thought this was a great idea to save money. I mean after all, we're mostly paying extra for packaging and the marketing anyway!!

I hope this tip helps someone!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by leah2412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I freaking LOVE this product! I have colored light blonde hair that falls below my shoulder blades. My hair is usually pretty dry and I only have to wash it once every two or three days, but lately it has been unusually oily. Very strange! My hairdresser marvels at how my hair is in such good condition after going from platinum - hot pink - dark red - light red - back to a very light blonde. Well, ladies, one of the secrets is don't wash your hair everyday and this product helps me keep my hair in such good condition. It's a very fine powder that leaves your hair feeling clean and smelling good, not like you rubbed dirt in it as with some other products. Anyone who has used baby powder knows what I am referring to! My two small complaints are the color and the applicator. I wish there was some kind of brush that wouldn't make this so messy. I just put a little in my hands and rub it all around, but always end up getting some on my shirt or face. Also, when my roots are showing there is a little bit of white residue left over. If they could make this come in colors, it would truly be the perfect product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Psssssst and loved it but I was only able to use it 4-5x max. before the can was gone. At $6 a can I decided to look for a cheaper alternative.

This review is for the POWDER not the SPRAY. The 1oz bottle of powder is $11 at Sephora. When I got it in the mail the bottle looked teeny tiny but after the first 2 uses I realized how much product is still left. I guesstimate the 1oz bottle will last at least 2 months. For me that is a savings of almost $40!!!!

I tap small amounts all around my hairline...let it sit for a few minutes and then massage the powder into my hair. It does have a slight lemon-y smell that doesn't bother me but it fades very quick anyway. I have dark brown hair and I don't have a problem with the white powder.