BeneFit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

on 4/19/2011 12:57:00 PM

received this as a gift. product did not work as intended. over makeup, under makeup, it even sucks by itself, which says something.

completely clogged pores, smells rather unpleasant, really do not understand the point of this product despite looking up reviews and reading instructions online. not a winner for me - gave it to someone else as they'd been curious to try it, and they ended up hating it too.

on 4/10/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Cute tin packaging, but this has got to be one of the worst products I've ever bought...total waste of money. It does not mattify skin, removes your foundation when gently patted over as per the instructions, and makes lines seem more noticeable, as it makes your makeup fall into creases.

Because of it's weird slip-y texture, I also tried it under my eyes before foundation in case it would work like a foundation primer. It didn't . The first time I smiled it showed up every crease, line, and fold around my eyes. I have no idea why they even bother to produce it. Dr. Feelgood makes me feel bad!

on 4/6/2011 10:43:00 PM

packaging: tin can looks good... BUT! unnecessary for a primer
smell: awful! smells like disinfectant, bug repellant, or household cleaner

it looks like a wax but is velvety to the touch. if it smells good or no scent at all then i might reconsider using this product. but it's just a product that i don't want to throw away because of the lovely packaging.
i don't like that my makeup slips and some product goes to the sponge applicator included in dr.feel good. 1 lippie for the packaging, another one for velvety feel. would not repurchase and would like to throw away because of the smell and makeup slips off when using this.

on 3/25/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Putting this on after finishing my makeup routine ruins everything. It's like it made my makeup "move" and "slide" on my face. It did not give any added benefit (no pun intended) to my finished look. Definitely a waste of money.

on 3/25/2011 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I wasn't really impressed with this when I bought it (several years ago).

Of course, almost all testers in the store seem to work great & be really promising, inducing me to plunk down the $$ for this, only to find that in everyday life it didn't make much difference for me. I had very oily skin then & it didn't hold shine at bay. It did feel velvety & initially looked a bit smooth, but it didn't smooth out my (giant) pores. In a short while (1/2 hr) the shine was back & then I worried about clogging my acne-prone skin, which was the last thing I wanted.

I stopped using it 1/4 way through & forgot all about it. My face is different now - it's less oily & I don't have acne anymore (though I do still have the big pores, plus more wrinkles & some unpleasant hyperpigmentation) but I wouldn't go out & get this product to use again. It's not worth anything.

(It's amazing how this product get such consistently low ratings yet so many ppl buy it or try it & the company keeps making it.)

on 3/25/2011 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know why I ever bought this product without even trying it first. It's the biggest regret I've made of buying makeup. It's supposed to mattify, but it feels greasy. I thought that it would dry up after awhile but no, my face just got oilier. And it's not cheap either! I wonder how this product was ever allowed to be sold...sheesh!

on 3/21/2011 7:28:00 PM

I don't really 'get' this product - it's not really a primer, and it's not really for finishing. I got it as a gift and slapped it on until it ran out, but I'd rather use a primer like smashbox, or a powder like Mac's Blot Powder.

on 2/28/2011 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

IT CLOGS PORES! and I think the main ingredient is cornstarch. My face feels like a sheet of fondant (the really smooth and pretty sugar layer used to wrap cakes for decoration)

on 2/19/2011 12:18:00 PM

I was really excited to purchase this but once I tried it out I was really dissapointed. I was expecting it to give me a matte, velvety smooth finish but instead it set into my pores and left my face kind of oily looking, and definatelly not matte.
The only thing it DID do was feel smooth on my face but it didn't change the appearance whatsover.
I don't COMPLETELY hate this product though because it works fine as a base under all my makeup so I will continue to use it until it's run out, but I will definately not be repurchasing.

I love benefit - although over the past few years my love for it has grown less as the older I get I realise it's not about the packaging but the content! So I'll start with the good - the packaging! It looks fancy and pretty and the tin packaging means it's travel friendly. The product itself however broke me out each and every time I used it. In fact it did not make me feel good but in fact very oily. I thought it may have just been an off day for me so I left it a week but when I went to try it again I broke out in spots once again. I admit the initial application made my skin feel soft to the touch but that did not last long before the oily feeling kicked in. Do I even need to mention the price?

Popular Primer/ Correctors