July 25, 2014 | 2005 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for me! I would use everyday religiously but it was a total waste of time. I used the sponge that it came with, could that be the issue?? Waste of money and time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by trananhthu00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard about Dr.Feelgood from a TV show a few years back so I thought I would give it a try. I thought I was lucky to find it on sale on Ebay. It broke me out, bad! Over make up, it smeared everything off. Under it, like primer, it worked better but it broke me out so much I had to wash it off after an hour. It also made me look like a walking grease-ball. I knew a make up artist that used it all the time, and despite the fact that he liked it, it made him look like one too. I loved the slightly citrusy smell, but it is not worth the price or cost in skincare needed to conteract the acne it caused. Do Not Buy This Product. I would give this .0001 lippy if I could.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I like to use this to touch up my oily skin instead of powder. Powder in the winter for me can look cakey and heavy...this does not. I also wear this under benefit you rebel on my t-zone and it helps absorb the shine. I prefer this over benefit porefessional as I find that one is too drying and it doesn't look good when I use it over make-up for touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by elizabetch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this 3 times now. I have acne prone skin, and this does not make it worse. I don't use it daily, more in the summer when I'm likely to get shiny, or for an event where my photo will be taken and I don't want the flash reflecting off my forehead! I love this product, it's easy to apply and smells nice. Some reviewers have found it drying - I would suggest not skipping moisturizer. If you moisturize lightly and let it sink in, then use this, you should be fine. I also read a review where someone uses it for foundation? Maybe if you have perfect skin, but this does not offer an coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpNewbie2010

I got this product because one of the associates at sephora introduced to me. I was looking for something that would help me control my t-zone oil... She put some of Dr. feelgood, it did mattified my t-zone with a nice pleasent lemon scent. So I got it. I realized later that this product dries out my skin like crazy!!!! I didn't know why I didn't return this, now I still use it now and then just because it smells good. I will not repurchase this one for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Johanna87

This is amazing, i use this in the summer as my "foundation" ie i just moiturize and then put this on, and then perhaps some blusher on top, eye colour and lipstick. its smooths out all the pores and any dry patches and to be honest its fantastic, I love the smell and in the summer when you want to show of your freckles more and have a more natural looking skin its fantastic. My suggestion is to use a stick concealer with it rather than a liquid as otherwise it can get a pick dry in patches. but i would NEVER use this as a primer for anything else....I have repurchased

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by may529

It did absolutely nothing for me, except for the fact that it clogged my pores? Somehow, I got suckered into purchasing this by a pushy sales person who said it was "amazing". I ended up using maybe a third of it before I came to the realization that it was pointless to put on! Definitely never repurchasing this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by katherine0818

not working on me at all...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by yamyjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it does gives you skin a touch of moist. i use it before my foundation, it has a strange smell. but the product last for ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ETA: Alrighty, after reading the other reviews here I have decided to give the good Doctor one last -ditch chance to wow me. Both to A) Make sure this product just isn't for me and B) To be sure it isn't an operator error.

From what I can tell, this seems to be better suited to oilier skin and zones. For me that is my eyelids. Since the product is fairly stiff in the tin I decided to take a clean toothpick and stir it up, whipping it into a sort of heavy night cream consistency. I liked it much better that way. I dabbed a small amount on each lid and blended/patted it around with an applicator sponge. I blended until I didn't feel the waxiness as much. Then I applied my eyeshadow the way I normally do and I have to admit it helped keep it in place and not to look so powdery. It also seemed to make the light shadow show up more, so I had to use less of it, which is a big plus to me. All in all, I'm glad I found a use for it. I just hate throwing expensive product away! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'd repurchase it, but if you are having trouble with this I highly recommend stirring it to change the consistency and see if that helps. It seems that this product suffers most from a lack of concise directions from it's makers.