BeneFit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this was the 1st primer i ever used, and i tried a friend's, so i only used it a couple times.

price is a little expensive for me, $20-ish on ebay, i think?
i feel like the packaging isnt sanitary, as the same sponge would be used to apply it and then placed back in the container. but the packaging's CUTE, at least :)
it felt nice going on and while it was on under my MU, but thats about it. applied under liquid foundation i realy didnt notice much of a difference. maybe the foundation lasted longer, but you can get that from any primer. and i actually used it on the premise that it'd fill in some acne scars and make my MU go on more evenly, but it didnt do that at all.
while it didnt cause me any breakouts, i feel like i could spend way less on some preparation H, or monistat anti-chafing gel, and get a better result, so i would not (re) buy. well, you know, i wouldnt buy in the 1st place ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm on my first tin of Dr Feelgood, and since I've started to hit pan, I thought I'd share my thoughts on it -
The Good:
I love how it makes my face feel so silky smooth and soft that I just want to keep touching it - it does a fairly good job on minimising pores, although the Porefessional does an even better job. I was expecting to breakout from this product, but I haven't! (And this is coming from someone who's had to use prescription medication for acne.) I find that it works very well as a primer for liquid foundation and that's how I usually use this. It gives an even, slightly dewy/ semi-matte finish which I like. It's also handy for touch-ups during the day when my makeup starts to go cakey from my oily skin - I just swipe a bit of Dr Feelgood with my finger and dab/ lightly press it onto whatever need fixing and voila! evens out creases, and makes makeup look smooth and fresh again. I've found this better than using powder (which usually makes things look heavier/patchy/cracked/flaky depending on the exact powder).
Its also in a handy tin to carry around easily and has a lovely citrus scent.
The Bad:
The sponge is really annoying and hard to get out of the tin. It tends to hold onto a lot of product but doesn't apply very efficiently, leaving product building up in it. It needs regular washing.
It doesn't work very well in covering up lines.
If you want to use this straight after foundation (to give a very natural dewy finish and smooth enough to blend blusher/highlighter), you'll have to get the product on the sponge and then pat VERY gently so that you don't cake your face or just wipe off your foundation.
Overall:
Even though there's some tedious aspects to making Dr Feelgood work for me, I'm addicted to the feel, the smell, and the way makes my makeup look. Will definitely repurchase despite the price, because this is as close to flawless looking skin as I can get I think (think pores, red patches, acne scars, and oily skin with some dry patches).

received this as a gift. product did not work as intended. over makeup, under makeup, it even sucks by itself, which says something.

completely clogged pores, smells rather unpleasant, really do not understand the point of this product despite looking up reviews and reading instructions online. not a winner for me - gave it to someone else as they'd been curious to try it, and they ended up hating it too.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Cute tin packaging, but this has got to be one of the worst products I've ever bought...total waste of money. It does not mattify skin, removes your foundation when gently patted over as per the instructions, and makes lines seem more noticeable, as it makes your makeup fall into creases.

Because of it's weird slip-y texture, I also tried it under my eyes before foundation in case it would work like a foundation primer. It didn't . The first time I smiled it showed up every crease, line, and fold around my eyes. I have no idea why they even bother to produce it. Dr. Feelgood makes me feel bad!

packaging: tin can looks good... BUT! unnecessary for a primer
smell: awful! smells like disinfectant, bug repellant, or household cleaner

it looks like a wax but is velvety to the touch. if it smells good or no scent at all then i might reconsider using this product. but it's just a product that i don't want to throw away because of the lovely packaging.
i don't like that my makeup slips and some product goes to the sponge applicator included in dr.feel good. 1 lippie for the packaging, another one for velvety feel. would not repurchase and would like to throw away because of the smell and makeup slips off when using this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Putting this on after finishing my makeup routine ruins everything. It's like it made my makeup "move" and "slide" on my face. It did not give any added benefit (no pun intended) to my finished look. Definitely a waste of money.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I wasn't really impressed with this when I bought it (several years ago).

Of course, almost all testers in the store seem to work great & be really promising, inducing me to plunk down the $$ for this, only to find that in everyday life it didn't make much difference for me. I had very oily skin then & it didn't hold shine at bay. It did feel velvety & initially looked a bit smooth, but it didn't smooth out my (giant) pores. In a short while (1/2 hr) the shine was back & then I worried about clogging my acne-prone skin, which was the last thing I wanted.

I stopped using it 1/4 way through & forgot all about it. My face is different now - it's less oily & I don't have acne anymore (though I do still have the big pores, plus more wrinkles & some unpleasant hyperpigmentation) but I wouldn't go out & get this product to use again. It's not worth anything.

(It's amazing how this product get such consistently low ratings yet so many ppl buy it or try it & the company keeps making it.)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know why I ever bought this product without even trying it first. It's the biggest regret I've made of buying makeup. It's supposed to mattify, but it feels greasy. I thought that it would dry up after awhile but no, my face just got oilier. And it's not cheap either! I wonder how this product was ever allowed to be sold...sheesh!

I don't really 'get' this product - it's not really a primer, and it's not really for finishing. I got it as a gift and slapped it on until it ran out, but I'd rather use a primer like smashbox, or a powder like Mac's Blot Powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

IT CLOGS PORES! and I think the main ingredient is cornstarch. My face feels like a sheet of fondant (the really smooth and pretty sugar layer used to wrap cakes for decoration)

Popular Primer/ Correctors