April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by glitzerland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! This is one of my favourite mascaras, but I like using this underneath the Cover Girl Lash Blast - together they give me AMAZING lashes. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is that it is kind of hard to work with at first because it is SO WET. It settles after about a week of use but the first week it is pretty hard to get a ton of volume because if you layer it on when it's that wet, it gets clumpy super fast. You have to work with this mascara to get good results but it's definitely doable once you get the hang of it! Love the super black intensity and the long brush. My only complaint with the packaging is that I always get too much product out at the tip and the opening does nothing to stop that. You also need to work with this pretty slowly to get volume without spidery lashes or clumping so if you like a lot of volume but don't like spending too much time on your mascara, this might not be it for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DoreaJ88

So, I heard all about this mascara and how wonderful it was from lots of YouTube beauty gurus, but I really HATE it. I don't hate a lot of products, so this was a shock to me. When I first started using it, it applied well, but gave me MAD raccoon eyes. So much rub off, my biggest mascara pet peeve. Now, to top it off, after only about a week of use, it's so clumpy I'm thinking about throwing it out. Yes, it's very black, thats about the only positive. I'll stick with Covergirl Professional, which I always end up coming back to!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

In a mascara, I look for 1. Holding a curl 2. Length then 3. Volume.

This holds a curl, which is rare for a mascara for me. It also holds it very naturally, unlike some of the Asian mascaras I have tried, which make the lashes stick straight up, instead of holding a voluminous fan shape.
I also get more length from this formula than my old HG, Prestige My Biggest Lashes.

No smudging, no flaking. Great product, especially for the price. If you already have super long lashes, and just need volume, you might prefer Prestige My Biggest Lashes, but this is a drier formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by loveydove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

L'Oreal discontinued my favourite mascara (in Canada) so now I'm using Voluminous which is pretty close to my old mascara. I like the brush - it applies to lashes well and it doesn't go on clumpy at all. But I will mention that when you pull the brush out of the container the brush comes out a bit clumpy so you end up having to wipe off the excess mascara sometimes. I wouldn't say that this product's claim to make my lashes 5x times longer is true but what mascara can really do that! Overall, I'm happy with this product and will continue to use it until they discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Monavic29

I have been using this mascara since I first started wearing mascara about 12 years ago when I was 13 and I have always loved it and so does my mom and sister. I gives very nice volume and definition and does not smudge (I have watery eyes). I dont understand why the rating is so low on MUA, but I think it might be the way people apply it. You definitely have to take some off the brush because the product does clump around the brush. I also like mixing it with L'Oreal Telescopic mascara because while this one gives volume, telescopic lengthens and defines, and together they are a great combo. I will never leave voluminous, every time I have I have returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's just good mascara because it gives a beautiful finish to the upper lashes. It really helped lengthen my lashes and add some volume without clumping easily. What I don't like: don't ever put it on your lower lashes because after few hours, it smudged. You gonna look like a panda eyes. And one other thing, everytime i take the wand out, there's small dry clumps of mascara on the tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Sa5mantha

I love this mascara!!!! I wear it everyday and it gives me amazing length and volume!! I would recommend this mascara to anyone. For those that don't like it - obviously everyone has their own personal opinion but I think this mascara is definitely not one that you can be lazy with. You need to take your time and apply it properly and it will do an amazing job!!!! If you apply it sloppily, yes, it will be clumpy and look bad. But that's just my opinion, I love this mascara and I think everyone should give it a try because it really does work!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard some rave reviews about this mascara and I was totally excited to try out a really good mascara for half the price of a high quality one. Well, sure the price was great (kind of expensive still for a drugstore brand though) but I don't know what the hype is all about. It may be because I'm not really into wet formulas for mascara because this irritated my eyes to no end!! I use MAC's Opulash and it is kind of a drier formula so I'm more used to that. This one just clumps up and gives me spider lashes. One good side to it is that if I add only one coat of this over opulash it looks decent. But I will definitely not be buying this again, oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very average. Not bad but not amazing. Adds length and volume but not remarkably so on either count.

I did like the Carbon Black color.

It is extremely liquidy and runny. Also takes forever to dry.

Was not too impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I could love this product because it gives a beautiful finish to the lashes; it really does voluminize and separate the lashes beautifully. However, it is smudge city not too long after you apply it. And lawd forbid you put it on your lower lashes! Youll look like a raccoon by the end of the day. Really disappointing.