L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 8/27/2013 6:44:00 PM

Not liking this much. Somewhat "greasy" as in not a wet or a dry type of mascara. Lot of waxiness is the best way I can term this, which would be fine, but it tends to slide and clean up is a bit of a mess. Not at all impressed, sorry to say. Price was good.

on 8/25/2013 3:43:00 PM

THE. BEST. cheaper/drugstore brand mascara I've ever tried. After buying Lancome, BareMinerals, Benefit, UD, Tarte, Too Faced, and a million other drugstore mascaras, this comes out on top. The formula is definitely one of the best if not the best because it's true to its name - it is VERY black. It's also wet and spreads evenly and easily on the lashes so you don't have to try really hard to coat every lash. One coat usually does what 2-3 coats of other mascaras do which saves time too. It also doesn't clump which is awesome, even after 3 coats. The volume and length this gives is crazy which says a lot since I have stick straight asian lashes. The best!

on 8/17/2013 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara I've ever purchased !!! I'm not really into drugstore make up at all !! But I haven't found any better mascara than this one. It gives a very beautiful deep black color on my lashes, it doesn't smudge during the day or barely. They don't sell it in France (where I live) anymore so I always have to buy it from amazon now. Quality vs Price is excellent: 5 lippies, it's not a pricey mascara and works as well (or even better) as a high end mascara.

It didn't notice any improvement regarding volume (as it claims to) but it makes your lashes look thicker anyway. Regarding the lenght of my lashes, I can't tell it has done anything since I already have long lashes.. but this is not what L'oreal voluminous mascara claims to do so it's ok.

on 8/15/2013 12:12:00 PM

This was terrible!!! After hearing many great reviews of this on YouTube, I decided to pick it up for around $9 at Ulta. When I went to put it on to my freshly curled lashes the first swipe look great, but as I continued to add more coats this made my curl fall causing my lashes to become straight! This was the worst mascara I have ever used and is going to be returned. Such a disappointment...

This honestly went straight to the garbage did nothing what's so ever for my lashes

on 8/12/2013 4:07:00 PM

I would give this a 2 because it weights down the lashes. no matter how much volume it gives the weighing down part makes me not like it as much. so if you have thin lashes do not buy this. its good for thickening but not the best mascara.

on 8/2/2013 6:02:00 PM

I used this in waterproof for the longest time a few years ago. I noticed that my lashes were getting brittle and falling out so I switched. I got this yesterday and it could be my imagination, but I feel as though the formulation has changed? The pigmentation is still black as ever but maybe it's the tube I chose but it seems alot more dry than before. I always bought the waterproof for it holds my curl. This however held my curl with a light coat and makes more of a lengthening than volumizing mascara. I shall proceed to use this and see how long this will last, but I prefer the more thickening effect of the voluminous mascara I'd used years ago :/

on 7/30/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love it very much,it's really black ,add lenght ,volume and absolutly the price is good,but there is kind of big problem about this product that is hard to remove it from my eyelashes maybe it's best products of l'oreal

on 7/28/2013 8:49:00 PM

Now, I have been through a couple mascaras while looking for one I like.
I went from lash blast, to diorshow, to Buxom lash, and also tried some maybelline and rimmel in between. I never found anything I loved (though the Buxom lash was also really great)

Then I found this, it's really a great mascara.
I've never had issues with 'raccoon eyes' or any transferring or smudging, but the mascara us still very easy to remove. It volumizes and lengthens, and is a very nice deep black. If you do a layer or two, it can border on looking like falsies.

But, be careful with layering, because one coat to much and you have got spider legs as lashes!!

Not my HG, but I am very happy with it and will repurchase for sure!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I'm surprised by all of the not-so-positive reviews of this mascara, because this is my HG. I have tried a bunch of different drug store mascaras and keep coming back to this one. I've continued to purchase this over and over again because I love the way it makes my lashes look. I have pretty decent natural lashes and this just totally lengthens them and gives them a little bit of thickness. I use a clear mascare to start, then one coat for everyday wear and will double and even use three coats for evenings if I'm going out. I actually like that the formula is wetter than the average mascaras, it gives me time to apply before it dries on me. The only time I've experienced clumps is when I've had it for a while and it starts to dry out, that's actually when I know it's time to replace it. I absolutely LOVE DoirShow mascara, but I can't justify the cost, so this is the mascara that replaces it for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials