September 18, 2014 | 1373 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by beautycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara if you want to get volume. It takes about 2 coats to get luscious full lashes.
I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by jejunejunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this one because I heard it was comparable to higher end brand mascaras. The mascara itself was average, but I've never had such a difficult time removing make-up from my face (this is the non-waterproof one). I washed, and washed, and still had black eyes. I've never had a mascara that left that kind of mess. I'll stick to my usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lizbethv

Loved this mascara ever since I first tried it! It doesn't clump, flake or smudge, and so far I've been able to see it lasts pretty much all day. I think what I love the most about it is that it doesn't feel heavy on my eyelashes, so it separates them SO well, and I don't end up with 2 or 3 eyelashes in my eyes. Besides, it stays all day but when it is time to take it off at night, I can do it easily with a makeup remover, unlike my previous mascara that was a pain to take completely off. In love with this, highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyDawn4552

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do love this mascara, however when i first got it it was difficult to work with. you definitely need to let this dry out a bit before using it, then it gives full, pretty lashes.
unfortunately i will NOT repurchase, due to the fact that l'oreal test on animals. i wish i knew this before buying it. i will have to find a replacement mascara now, as i refuse to buy anything that has been tested on animals as i find it sickening.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fave mascara of all time. I seriously can't believe there are people out there who don't like it. This builds lots of volume without being clumpy, leaves my lashes looking and feeling soft, washes off easily and doesn't flake throughout the day. Ugh. Just the perfect mascara. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by GertGrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in the negative camp on this one. When you remove the wand from the tube there's no tension at all-it just slides right out. This means you're left with glops of product. What a waste to then have to scrape off the majority of mascara. Also, while the color is nice and dark, it doesn't add volume for me; in fact, it makes my lashes quite a bit longer but sparser looking. Finally, I get major smudging underneath my eyes. Boo.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by denaerea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just recently bought this mascara and I really love the length it gives my lashes! It's a great consistency and, if applied right, doesn't clump at all. I did a few coats to see just how much my lashes would take before looking spidery...well, as they continued to lengthen, they just looked better and better. However, having said all of that, I am not usually into such big dramatic lash looks for everyday wear (maybe it's my age or maybe i'm just too lazy) and I will only be using Voluminous Carbon Black mascara on special occasions. If it's drama you want, this will definitely deliver! P.S. Make sure you have a REALLY good remover...this stuff doesn't budge!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

I purchased this mascara on a kick. I honestly did not have very high hopes. i just thought it was going to be an average mascara. But, I was wrong. I love it! It totally volumnizes your lashes. It does a very good job lengthing too.The brush is very big and works very well. the price is amazing for a mascara like this. The only reason this did not get a five is because if you apply too much it does begin to clump. Also, this mascara does run if you start crying or jump in a pool.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Where to begin..this mascara clumps like CRAZY! There is simply too much product on the wand for it to not clump up your lashes. My lashes are naturally long and thick, but the tips of my lashes are very light so you can't really see them. When I put this one it clumps my lashes up SO bad..and it has flakies which is a big no-no considering I wear contacts and I freak out about flakiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by cynthiaann95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this product many times as my everyday mascara. It makes my lashes very long, full and dark. I have learned to deal with the cons because this mascara works so good! The cons are that it has the tendency to have too much product on the brush and I have to scrape the sides of it off. This mascara works best when you first buy it and you should replace every 2 months.
I'd recommend this!