July 29, 2014 | 2179 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by denaerea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just recently bought this mascara and I really love the length it gives my lashes! It's a great consistency and, if applied right, doesn't clump at all. I did a few coats to see just how much my lashes would take before looking spidery...well, as they continued to lengthen, they just looked better and better. However, having said all of that, I am not usually into such big dramatic lash looks for everyday wear (maybe it's my age or maybe i'm just too lazy) and I will only be using Voluminous Carbon Black mascara on special occasions. If it's drama you want, this will definitely deliver! P.S. Make sure you have a REALLY good remover...this stuff doesn't budge!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

I purchased this mascara on a kick. I honestly did not have very high hopes. i just thought it was going to be an average mascara. But, I was wrong. I love it! It totally volumnizes your lashes. It does a very good job lengthing too.The brush is very big and works very well. the price is amazing for a mascara like this. The only reason this did not get a five is because if you apply too much it does begin to clump. Also, this mascara does run if you start crying or jump in a pool.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Where to begin..this mascara clumps like CRAZY! There is simply too much product on the wand for it to not clump up your lashes. My lashes are naturally long and thick, but the tips of my lashes are very light so you can't really see them. When I put this one it clumps my lashes up SO bad..and it has flakies which is a big no-no considering I wear contacts and I freak out about flakiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by cynthiaann95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this product many times as my everyday mascara. It makes my lashes very long, full and dark. I have learned to deal with the cons because this mascara works so good! The cons are that it has the tendency to have too much product on the brush and I have to scrape the sides of it off. This mascara works best when you first buy it and you should replace every 2 months.
I'd recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

A slightly below average mascara that has a penchant for smudging under the eyes. It's decent at holding a curl and the colour is a true black. To finish up the tube, I wear this and then a max factor mascara on top to get the look I want with the insurance that it won't smudge during the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by SallyBurkhart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish I could say that I love this product because I had really high hopes for it! Many people I've talked to say it gives them very dramatic, dark lashes and I fully agree on this one fact. When I first applied this mascara, my lashes looked full and long (but, I already have good lashes to begin with). The problem was that, even though I used the waterproof variety, I had incredibly noticeable smudges under my eyes within an hour (honestly!). Maybe this only happens to people who have oily skin like me, but I thought it was a little ridiculous. Plus, it's really hard to remove and can irritate your eyes (it did mine). I definitely won't be repurchasing L'Oreal Voluminous, unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kayelem

Hated this product. Smeared everywhere and gave me panda eyes. Took this back to the store and exchanged it for CG Clump Crusher.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by squirrelyhell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product at first. It gives my lashes great volume and length, and is pretty buildable. It can be a bit clumpy at times, but nothing I can't usually fix. It gives a pretty dramatic effect that I love, and the color is nice and deep. As for the main cons, there was always a lot of excess product on the wand that I found to be a hassle. Despite my greatest efforts, I would always get mascara on my eyelid, messing up my eyeshadow. Worst of all, I started to realize that it was giving me raccoon eyes and transferring big time below my eyes. This was pretty embarrassing a few times when I was out, or had company over for dinner, and didn't realize for quite some time what I looked like! I would assume this would be less of a problem with the waterproof formula, but I prefer to stay away from those. I have moved on to a new mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by HappyMiniDonuts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara and I always find myself coming back to it. It adds length and volume to my sparse lashes without clumping and the brush makes it easy to get to the base of the lashes and coat every lash. I use the waterproof formula and it holds a curl very well. The only thing is that when I use it on my lower lashes I find that it smudges off throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG Mascara! Itís very dark and it really does add volume to my lashes. I think you have to love the Kim Kardashian lashes look in order to love this mascara. I normally mascara my lashes wait a bit and add another coat. If you back coat your lashes (place the mascara wand to the back of your lashes and stroke) it will add length. I get complements all the time and some people even think I wear false lashes. I used to use a $20 estee lauder mascara but this is way better. I love this and I will continue to repurchase.