October 22, 2014 | 1076 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I got it at Dollar Geberal for $6. Idk if that's good or bad compared to other places that sell it. But less than $10 is good IMO. I hadn't used this mascara in a long time. I love the Carbon Black. It thickens my lashes. I use it after I later on Covergirl's Clump Crusher. My lashes look extra dark. Love. The brush is soft (doesn't poke your eyes or lash line like the rubber wands). Yes, is purchase again. The only complaint I have is a lot if product is on the brush when I pull out the wand. So I have to wipe it in the open end of the tube (you know). Other than that- it's great. Not dry or flaky. My lashes feel soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing mascara. It is extremely dark; hence the name CARBON BLACK. It really gives volume and adds some length. It's a very wet formula, which I personally like. I've bought this before, and I must admit that I am a mascara skeptic who goes around trying everything. It's untelling the number of various brands of mascara I've purchased. This is one I have come back to to. It's just great all around, it's a reasonable price...2 thumbs up for L'Oreal! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this mascara for about two years and it is highly likely that I will not purchasing another mascara aside from this one.

Before this mascara, I had tried numerous- Cover Girl Lash Blast, other L'Oreal mascaras, Rimmel London, Maybelline Colossal Lashes, etc. and none of those has compared to this mascara.
I tired this because of a beauty guru mentioned it as her favorite (I don't remember who it was!). so I went out and bought it- and I'm SO happy I did!

The consistency of this mascara it thick and wett-ish at first, but after a few uses it because a litter drier (but obviously not too dry, it because to perfect consistency). The brush is also a good size and a good amount of product comes out on it. Though this happens, it will not make your lashes look clumpy because the brush evenly applies and smooths everything out!
This mascara works really well with my lashes and gives me full, black, dramatic looking lashes. I am in love.

If your eyelids get oily, I suggest applying a setting/mattifying powder just where your eyelashed would touch your brow-area because it can rub off a little bit. However, its nothing a Q-tip and powder can't fix because this mascara is definitely worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this mascara after watching YouTubers hype over it like crazy but honestly am not impressed at all. This is definitely one to go to if you want to get very voluminous lashes easily. 1 coat is enough for crazy volume! Lashes look very thick, black and voluminous. However, there are tons more reasons for me not to like this mascara.

First, the formula is extremely GOOPY! So much so that the wand literally slides out of the tube like butter. I was hoping that it would dry out and become easier to work with (like some other mascaras), but it didn't. This causes the wand to have way too much product, which results in clumpy lashes carrying too much product, unless you take EXTRA caution to apply this slowly, or wipe off most of the product onto a tissue. The wet formula also takes a long while to dry so I have to keep my eyes shut or it'll ruin my eyeshadow -.- For me, it is too difficult to work with.

Second, it is not waterproof so it smudges quite easily. You CANNOT rub your eyes with this on. Your lashes will 'stamp' mascara on your lids/bottom lashes. This is the type of mascara you wear if you want a black stream of tears down your face when you start to cry.

Third, removing it is a pain. It is easy to remove off your lashes, but then it just transfers all around your eyes which is crazy difficult to remove from there! Takes at least 2-3 rounds of cleansing to really get it all off my face.

Definitely not a mascara I can apply and go and not worry about for the rest of the day. :\

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by beautycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara if you want to get volume. It takes about 2 coats to get luscious full lashes.
I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by jejunejunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this one because I heard it was comparable to higher end brand mascaras. The mascara itself was average, but I've never had such a difficult time removing make-up from my face (this is the non-waterproof one). I washed, and washed, and still had black eyes. I've never had a mascara that left that kind of mess. I'll stick to my usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lizbethv

Loved this mascara ever since I first tried it! It doesn't clump, flake or smudge, and so far I've been able to see it lasts pretty much all day. I think what I love the most about it is that it doesn't feel heavy on my eyelashes, so it separates them SO well, and I don't end up with 2 or 3 eyelashes in my eyes. Besides, it stays all day but when it is time to take it off at night, I can do it easily with a makeup remover, unlike my previous mascara that was a pain to take completely off. In love with this, highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyDawn4552

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do love this mascara, however when i first got it it was difficult to work with. you definitely need to let this dry out a bit before using it, then it gives full, pretty lashes.
unfortunately i will NOT repurchase, due to the fact that l'oreal test on animals. i wish i knew this before buying it. i will have to find a replacement mascara now, as i refuse to buy anything that has been tested on animals as i find it sickening.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fave mascara of all time. I seriously can't believe there are people out there who don't like it. This builds lots of volume without being clumpy, leaves my lashes looking and feeling soft, washes off easily and doesn't flake throughout the day. Ugh. Just the perfect mascara. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by GertGrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in the negative camp on this one. When you remove the wand from the tube there's no tension at all-it just slides right out. This means you're left with glops of product. What a waste to then have to scrape off the majority of mascara. Also, while the color is nice and dark, it doesn't add volume for me; in fact, it makes my lashes quite a bit longer but sparser looking. Finally, I get major smudging underneath my eyes. Boo.