September 18, 2014 | 1300 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OMG!! WARNING: Insane routine for baby smooth skin ahead!!!!

This is an AWESOME product!!! Trust me when I say this, because I'm a sucker for all bath/shower products (I own more than 10 body washes and a couple of Lush soaps). So here's what I did:

1) Clean face
2) Shave using a random shave cream
3) Exfoliate w/ Queen Helene Honey and Oatmeal Scrub (GREAT scrub. Mean't to be used for the face, but I don't anymore because it breaks me out - too much fragrance for my sensitive skin, though it is really nice for body exfoliation).
4) Wash with this freaking-tastic body wash. You don't need much, it moisturizes like crazy and doesn't feel oily and gross. I have overall dry skin btw. Smells pleasant too. Cheap! (3,99 $ CND on sale)
5) Apply lotion: I used Nivea Smooth Sensation Daily Lotion for dry skin. (HG lotion!)
6) Moisturize hands with Herbacin Hand Cream with glycerine, silicone & camomile. (HG hand cream!)

Seriously, I am crazy about smells so there are many body washes that I use because of how they smell, not because they are the best. But this product does so much for my skin that I will definately repurchase even though it's not the best smelling one. So BUY THIS, I have no doubt that you won't regret it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't get me wrong, this product is good but I'm not sure it deserves the insanely high rating it has on here. It does smell sweet and clean but I honestly expected it to be more moisturizing. I was looking for a body wash that was so full of moisture, that I would be able to skip my after shower lotion. Unfortunately this isn't it, although it does come close. I'll continue to use it and if I do change my mind about it, I'll update my review!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by PrincessK

This has saved my skin! During the winter, I tend to get dry patches all over my body. I had a travel size of this in my linen closet and grabbed it just to use it up. I loved the scent and how nice it made my skin feel. Since then, I've purchased a full-size bottle. Using it every other day has made my skin so nice and soft! No winter-nasties for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LoveRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome body wash! It smells nice, not too sweet or strong. It really softens your skin and the skin maintains moisture during the day. I started buying St. Ives lotion to follow the wash. I have recommended to many friends, all of whom are using it faithfully now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This body wash is great for wintertime! I bought it because of all the raving reviews here on MUA, and I am definitely not disappointed. My skin has taken a turn for the worst (or is it "worse"? lol) ever since winter has started, and I'm trying to stay away from any skin care product that is not super moisturizing. I love this product because it doesn't lather up into suds like a traditional body wash. Instead, it stays creamy and foams up just a little bit. The consistency is thin and slippery, not thick or goopy at all. I don't use a shower puff, so I rub it on and rinse it off with my hands. Since it is runny, it does tend to immediately slide off my skin, but I'm willing to work with it because it leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated when I get out of the shower. No more of that dry and "stretched" feeling that afflicts my post-shower skin whenever I use normal bar soap! This stuff also smells really good. It's a very soothing and comforting scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by patrndpretiface7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really enjoyed this body wash. I have used it for several months now (2nd bottle) and I want to try the body scrub that goes with it. I love the way this smells---light, semi-sweet, succulent actually I think is a good word for the fragrance, plus it actually works!! Going back to buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by bklynbelle

Due to the economy (and alas, my unemployment), I have to find products that are very affordable and also ECO. Most of the time these kind of products can be quite pricely. Thank God St. Ives reformulated its products. Now, all of their body washes, scrubs, and body creams are paraben and phylate free. The Oatmeal and Shea wash smells luscious, doesn't dry out my skin, and makes me feel safe knowing that I am using a product that is healthy. Now, if only they would bring back their Shampoos ad Conditioners in the same healthy formulations.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so happy that I have returned to St.Ives products. I used them in my younger years and strayed later on to try every "best beauty product" out there.
The body wash smell great, moisturizes, animal friendly and cheap.
There body washes, body lotions and microdermabrasion wash are all fantastic products.
Goes to show that you do not have to spend a fortune on toiletries.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It DOES smell like an oatmeal cookie, just not quite as sweet. It's slightly moisturizing too. Actually removes antiperspirant well. Inexpensive. Small amount of suds, but enough suds.

CONS: Can't think of one!

ALTERNATES: At Walmart, the Equate Age Resisting Body Wash. It is very moisturizing and removes antiperspirant better than this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my fourth bottle of this. I love it! I have tried a million different body washes, and this one takes the cake.
I love the way this smells, and it really keeps my skin soft and supple feeling. A little goes a long way, too.
Love this stuff!