October 25, 2014 | 1423 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i liked at first, but didnt really fast. even though its matte, i didnt stay matte for long. this stuff also falls off fast, even if i moisterize and prime well. i feel like its just too weak for me. i really wanted to like it and did but just for the first 3days. if i just put it on its fine, but i get oily in 1-2hours and its in matte and powder and mineral too. and probably half the day to the end of school, its most likely gone. if i put more i look whiter even though its my color. i am asian and im kinda light so i usually use colors more on the lighter side because im not white, but the staff at everyday minerals emailed me and said i should use golden medium. i never use those colors because im not that dark and they do sound dark but it matched me well, just not if i put on more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by tnxmami

I cannot complain about this product. I originally ordered a sample kit months ago and did absolutely nothing with it. I was just stuck in my liquid foundation phase. Well it's summer and I live in FL and out came the minerals. I re-ordered a sample kit with three kinds of foundations: semi-matte, matte, and intensive (all in Tan..I'm an NC45) and i looooveee it. This matches my skin completely and has not broken me out. Right now I am enjoying the matte formula and combined with the Soft Bronze kaloan finishing powder..I am oil free almost all day! I can go at least 8 hours without having to touch up and that is huge for my oily skin! I do a lot of field work in this hot FL sun or am in the office and my makeup looks like same either way...flawless! I tried BM and that crap looked way to orangey on my skin. The price is not bad at all and the sample kit will last you a while so you can really try it out before you choose to buy. Go try a sample kit! I love it...and the blushes are great too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by buggarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got my samples today and I am impressed. Personally this foundation works well with my oily skin. I still get shine through but not as quickly as with BE and Pur. I can layer the foundation and I do not get cakey. It gives me the coverage almost comparable to Macs Studio Fix Powder. I do have to use concealer which is also by Everyday Minerals and they also work great for my oily hyperpigmented skin. I will not purchase again because like most mineral makeup, I get major shine through after a while

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by bluestcirce

Ok. I'm going to have to be in the minority here and say that I think this product is horribly, horribly mediocre and overrated. Yes, it's cheap. It's fun to pick out the stuff for the kit and get it sent to your house. But the actual product is not that great. In this case, you get what you pay for. It smells strange, slightly irritated my sensitive skin, and contains mica which supposedly adds a "light reflecting glow!" to your face, but could easily make you resemble a glittery Ziggy Stardust in the right sort of light. It didn't blend well, coverage was mediocre, lasting power nonexistent. I wanted to like it. I tried different colors, formulas, I tried with and without primer, etc. Nothing worked. Settled into my pores, and as the day wore on seemed to give this strange 'patchy' coverage. I work in an office all day and I really dont want to bother with getting up and checking my make up 2x during the work day. I have no idea why this product has such high ratings here other than the fun online kit factor and the price. The product itself is not good quality, despite the attempt at good ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to try this out since it's extremely sunny, hot and humid down here in southeast Texas right now. Even though the Original Glow formula is made for dry skin, it makes me look like a grease ball this time of year. So I wanted to see if this will work better for me for summer here. The other day I tried this with EDM's Pick Me Up Bisque concealer dusted on as a primer underneath and it worked out fine with no irritation to my ultra sensitive skin. Now I just tried this formula again today without using a primer and my skin almost immediately reacted after buffing this stuff on. I just washed it off a while ago because I had a small red spot with a soft inflamed bump pop up about an inch or so under my right eye. It was spreading fast. Now I have my baby's Desitin applied on this spot. And the bump and redness is almost gone. I put it on because it has 40 percent zinc oxide which I think is the ingredient in some mineral makeup that keeps my skin from being irritated. I guess if I want to use either this or the Intensive formula I'll have to use one of EDM's concealers or finishing powders that have zinc oxide in them as primers prior to applying either of these bases. Too bad only the O Glow and Semi Matte has this ingredient. But I will still repurchase this because I need something with no glow for the sunny months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NC25/C3, EDM Winged butter/Butter Tan

First of i love EDM. Thats saying a lot, because I usually hate MU in loose form. I have extremely oily skin and is acne-prone, so when I purchase EDM, I usually get 2 matte and 1 intensive, for intensive take more effort to buff in than matte. Im MAC NC25/C3 asian skintone, my neck is on yellowish side, but my face is reddish, so I love MU that are yellow based. My primary color is Winged Butter-which is really yellow based. I also get Buttered Tan, which is i'll say about MAC NC30~35ish, and Golden-Light (about NC20~25ish) and mix them with Winged Butter adjusting to my color= HG perfect color.
I was first introduced to EDM last October, and already bought 2 Super Kit, which you can custom make your own kit 12 for $50, AWESOME deal :) EDM recently did renovation on their packaging, and they went all white from brown and green, which I love :)

Only reason I dont stick to EDM exclusively is I find loose MU so much more hassle than pressed powder foundation. Last october I bought 2 pressed EDM MU, and colors werent really love, but rumor say on 15th, they'll come out with more pressed foundation in various colors, so Im hoping :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kerlin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used EDM for a few years now and have to say that it is pretty good stuff. I wore Prescriptives oil free SPF 15 foundation for years (with pressed powder as needed) but the color was never quite right. I have yellow undertones (golden in their vernacular) and pretty oily skin at age 50+ so this is the first time I am finding color and mattifying formulations that really work for me. The pros: dusts on easily, melts in well, is quite nice and matte (in the beginning), makes my skin look fabulous. Price is right. The cons: EDM color formulations change so you have to stay on top of it, but the free kits help in any case :); the containers tend to chip and break easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by primflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin hated this.
I've tried many different types of MMU, some good, some just ok but this was terrible for me.
This product and the reviews illustrate perfectly how individual MMU is. What's great on me may be terrible on you and so on.

What did I like? Um. Fast cheap shipping to the UK. Great colour selection. Almost all of the sample sizes I ordered would have been ok to good shades on me. Found a great match in Soft Butter Peach.

But it emphasised every single flaw on my face. Gave me lines next to my next nose that I'd never even noticed before. I've just looked in the mirror and with the MMU I'm wearing today, Elemental Beauty, I can't see those lines. But EDM was awful. It made me shine within about an hour of application, then it would just disappear off my face. Then to add insult to injury it's clogged my pores really badly, so I'm dealing with clogged pores, blackheads and blemishes.
Tried it in both Matte and Intensive formulations, both were terrible on me. Which is real pity because I found a great shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by areyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got to try out this foundation in their sample kit.. and after about 10 minutes my chin/jawline area started to irritate and feel itchy, then after a couple days, i found some new blemishes. =(
that's my only iff about this foundation, but i did like the coverage and that i found a good match to my skintone with their color selection. i just wish it didn't break me out. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Kyakimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my... GOSH!

This is my new HG mineral foundation. I've still only got the sample kit, but my face looks so airbrushed! I've gotten several compliments on my foundation already and I've only been wearing this for a little less than a week! =)

I have this in the Light Tan Intensive (from a swap) in the sample jar and it is perfect if I add some Buttered Tan Matte and a sprinkle of medium tan Intensive for a little warmth... but I think Light Tan has been discontinued...?=(

I really recommend everyone to go and get the free sample kit... you get to choose 3 different foundation colors, a blush and a concealer... or any face color I think. All you have to pay for is the shipping! And there's actually a lot that comes in that little sample jar! =)

I ended up depotting my sample jars and combining some colors to make my perfect shade... That, and the sample jars are too small for my kabuki LOL

I also got the Intensive Medium concealer and it matches me perfectly and covers all my acne scars... That's always a big plus in my book =)

awesome awesome awesome product overall ^_^