August 20, 2014 | 1957 users online

Samples - Everyday Minerals - Free Sample Makeup Kit [DISCONTINUED/REPLACED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by michelleb1911

Don't have a lot to add to all these other reviews. Just wanted to give it another fantastic rating.
    I have now ordered 3 of the sample kits. It cost me about AUD$8 for shipping to Australia (I got some other products and brushes too) and took 9 business days to arrive, which is really not bad at all. There is always the option to pay for faster shipping, but its a free product so I'll wait a few days.
    The mineral foundation is absolutely amazing. I had used BE before and wasn't very impressed. But this stuff is sensational. I actually found my best colour match in my first free kit, but just wanted to keep trying different formulations and slightly different colours. What a great idea. In my next order I will get a full size foundation, as well as another sample kit. The eye shadows and blushers are great too. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

$3 for shipping, but it's worth it, (who doesnt like getting mail?), and you can order it as many times as you want. Maybe someone down there mentions it, but it's worth repeating: If you go to their "faq" page (in the "about" section) they have better descriptions of the foundation colors---they also tell you the difference between the formulas there. Even if you're looking for heavy coverage, i'd suggest ordering at least 1 semi-matte. Mine came within 5 days of ordering---it comes in 5 little lipgloss-sized containers (sometimes bigger), and it really IS more than enough to last you 2 weeks, (even if you're heavily abusin it... ).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ilovepink82

This is an awesome idea, you get 5 free samples (3 foundations, a blush and concealer) of your choice to try and all you have to pay is shipping (which for me was $3.30).

Samples of these usually cost $2.50 each!

They also last me a long time, I have been using a foundation for 7 days now and its still has loads left!

You have nothing to lose!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

If they didn't have this option, I wouldn't even try EDM because I have enough trouble trying to match foundation as it is, let alone trying to do it without being able to try it on.

All you have to pay for is shipping, which for me was around $3. That even has tracking!

You get to choose from 3 foundations - any color & any formula, 1 concealer, & 1 Face color/blush

Their descriptions are very detailed and helpful. But I still ordered 2 kits (at different time) because I was unsure. I wished there could be more flexibility in what you can sample, but it's free, so I didn't mind paying for other samples of other products. I also bought some finishing powder samples, I wished you could include these in their kit. Or maybe all foundations would be nice, too. Since I am focusing on this before i think about other products from their line.

I like that there is a large color selection. I have tried the so cold "light" of other mineral foundations, and they are often too dark. I tired some of EDMs lightest shades, and even some of them where too light for me, which is a shock, and not how it usually works out.

My only gripe, again, is the limitations. One sample kit was not enough for me to be confident on a color, so i ordered a second kit. This makes it a rather long wait time before making my full sized purchase order.

However, these sample sizes are rather generous, and I imagine that the sample size will tide me over until i get to order my full sized. This is especially true for the concealers and blushes. The samples will last you a LONG time. When i get my full sized sunlight concealer, this will stay at my SOs - it is surely enough to last a while.

The packing is tremendous as well - they definitely did not skimp. Each comes in a beautiful, labeled EDM jar with a sifter.

The other samples I bought that where not part of the kit where much smaller, but still generous & nicely packaged. I will probably save these jars for travel- they are perfect!

I highly recommend if you are interested in EDM or mineral MU in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by blackestberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the queen of my daily makeup and God save the Queen!After trying pricy and famous brands 've found my best foundation thanks to E.M. I'll always buy it with love!
    All products are adorable. I'm sure everybody can find the best colour for herself.
    It stays on your face forever unless you wipe it off.never caused a break out.
    covers prefectly! i use intense coverage by the way:)
    Noboby can undertand that i wear foundation.When i was using Lancome Maqimat everybody was telling me something about my foundation.
    Now, a dream has come true! No one can recognize it.
    Further more, i no longer wear that thick (seemingly oil free but actually greasy) foundations and my face cleared up!!!
    Thanks to E.M i have no longer break out so badly!
    LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ballerboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The free sample kit comes with 3 foundations, 1 concealer, and 1 blush. You only need to pay for shipping, it's approx. $4 to a Canadian address. It's great because you can try the product out before committing yourself to buying the large size. For the foundations I choose original glo and one semi-matte sample. The original glo formula gives heavier coverage with a bit of a shine, good for people with drier skin. The semi-matte formula also gave me good coverage but a little lighter than the original glo formula. One of the foundation color I choose was a little to light for my skin but I used it as a concealer and it works perfectly! The kit is a great way to introduce yourself to using mineral makeup, and it lasts a long time! The makeup is easy to use, application goes on smooth with a kabuki brush and feels soft on your face, no cakey-ness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by TYFFANI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to give a quick review on the free sample kit. It just came today. My face is still broken out from using Bare Minerals. So , Im waiting for it to get completely better before actually using my EDM. I tried all the colors on my arm and the back of my hand. Im pretty sure I found my ideal foundation shade (golden medium-tan). I also ordered 3 eyeshadows(mistle-toe, sunset voyage, and ruby sand). Those look great also, as far as I can tell.

I will give a complete review once I actually wear it. But I was so excited they came, I couldnt wait! LOL

UPDATE!!! I finally got to try out my sample kit! wore it last 2-3 days. Love it so far. Golden-md tan is perfect for me. yay on the first try!!! LOL. I really like the shadows I ordered too. Nice color, no creasing on me, lasted all day. *** I just placed my order for a full size foundation, flat top brush, and 10 shadow kit today. I'm very pleased so far. These products looked very natural on my skin(even in the sun). No itching or anything. The semi matte gave the coverage I like. I will try matte and o-glo in a sample too. Just to explore all my options. EDM is looking good! Cant beat the prices!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by margoess

LOVE. I wrote a full review of EDM under the semi-matte foundation category, but I also wanted to chime in my wholehearted support of the free sample kit. What a sensible, easy, more than fair way to be able to buy makeup over the internet! They don't impose any limits on how many sample kits you purchase, though you can only order one per shipment, which is because they genuinely want you to be able to find your correct shade and formulation and trust that their products will speak for themselves. How much money have I wasted on other brands, trying them and then finding that they weren't quite right? This is the perfect way to test if EDM is right for you, because everyone is different.

It can seem a little bit overwhelming due to the huge selection of shades and formulations, but I think it is totally worth it. I ordered three sample kits in a week when I was first figuring it out, so I paid three shipping charges that amounted to a total of about $10. Now I have my perfect shade and am seriously blown away by how much I love this makeup.

This is hands down the best makeup I have ever had on my face. This is hands down the best my face has ever looked. Try it. You have almost nothing to lose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW, I'm impressed! I used to use BE, but found that it was making my skin itchy and left a burning feeling on the perimeter of my face. The 1g sample jars actually have a lot of product in it. Enough for you to use and decide whether this product is for you. I really like that you could build the colors. It doesn't make my face as oily as BE did. I do have to touch up throughout the day, but it's no biggy. It covers any imperfections I have. The sample kit includes a concealer of your choice, which I've chosen the lavender concealer and I LOVE IT! I actually mix in a little with the foundation and OH BOY does it help a lot! I love the blush! I love it all. My favorite blush is Game Show and Apple. They have such pretty colors and a very wide selection. I would definitely continue using their products. They ship pretty fast. On top of the make-up, I have ordered the eye kabuki brush, which is soooo soft. It's a little too big for my eyes, so I use as a blending brush. Anyhow, I love EDM! I would definitely recommend their products!

***UPDATE***
    I stopped using this after two weeks since it broke me out really bad. I really wanted to like their foundations since the coverage is so nice. Don't get me wrong, I still like their eyeshadows and brushes, so this won't be the last of me using their products.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by mszlaydeej

I heard so many great things about this and was so excited to try it out, so I got the sample kit. I tried it BUT it gave me the biggest pimple i've ever gotten. I rarely ever break out so this made me very very upset. It took a few weeks for that pimple to finally go away but it was horrible and painful. I never want to try anything with the word "mineral" in it. Would not recommend this to anyone.