August 1, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I was really excited to try this after reading all the great reviews and I'm glad i did. This is the perfect day cream for my combo skin - it's not too oily for my t-zone and it's perfect for moisturizing the dry areas on my face. It does contain mineral oil so I was skeptical, but I have yet to see any problematic breakouts. It also has a slight fragrance, but it doesn't bother me (it smells kind of fresh) and it hasn't irritated my skin. It's fairly inexpensive so I would recommend trying this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There isn't a better moisturiser on the market. High end or low end, nothing compares to this. I really like the original Nivea in the dark blue container, but it is very thick and hard to apply and that is why I originally gave Nivea Soft a try. It retails for around $8-$10 a tub in Australia and lasts for months, so it's excellent value for money. I love that you can use it anywhere on your body and it just absorbs into the skin so well and feels so amazing. However on the face, it is incredible. I use it over retinols, just so I don't get that over dryness you can get when you are using retinol products. I like that it never causes any irritation or skin issues and it works better than high end products. I am a bit of a brand snob and tend to think that you get what you pay for. Well this little gem changed my mind!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by alicelamont

I purchased this product after using it at a friends, I instantly loved it because of the smooth plump look it gave my skin. However after purchasing this product I can say so much more. This will be the only moisturizer I will use for the rest of my life. I have severe combantion skin;
dry flaky spots of eczema above my eye and next to my nose and acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin. After the first use i could see a difference on the flaky spots and now they are gone complementary (one weeks use), it also alows me to use my topical treatment for my acne without aggravating my skin all while reducing redness, controlling oil and healing acne scars. This is the shit. Its amazing, reccomend this to anyone and everyone. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kellykaz

My skin is complicated; it's very oily but because of the use of a topical acne treatment, it is also very flaky and dry. I have tried so many top of the line moisturizers, hoping to find a product that would improve the texture of my flaky, oily, breakout prone skin and I was really surprised to find everything I was looking for in this moisturizing cream.

It provided a great level of moisture without making my face look oily, very similar to my previous moisturizer; Estee Lauder hydrationist maximum moisture creme for dry skin. I like the packaging; it is available in both a jar (200ml and 100ml) and tube (75ml). I bought the tube for hygienic reasons but also because I wanted a smaller amount of product to try out.

The scent is fine. I find it to be light and tolerable and I'm usually quite sensitive to products with strong scents. With that said, if they created an unscented formula, I would be all over it.

I was slightly nervous that this cream might aggravate acne but I haven't noticed any increase in the frequency or severity of breakouts.

For the price I paid, (about $6 at Walmart), this can't be beat. If you're looking for a really great moisturizer that's super cheap and widely available, you should definitely give Nivea Soft a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by nerminhhabib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have immensely dry hands and elbows and since I bought Nivea to keep in my bag, it hydrates and softens without leaving a greasy film over the skin. I initially bought the product because of its purse-friendly size, but now, I will be repurchasing for its effectiveness, very satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Miriamv

My favorite face cream! I have acne but also dry skin so I need a lot of moisture, and this does it for me - without breaking me out. I do still have some breakouts, but I don't believe this is the cause. I love the scent, the way it feels on the skin and it's really cheap and you get a lot of it! I have tried more expencive moisturizers too, but I always end up coming back to this one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

There is something nostalgic for me about this product and Nivea as a brand in general. I actually think this product is a cult classic. It just makes me feel good to use this, it moisturizes well, goes on with a fresh feeling and the smell is just associated with security, cleanliness and care for me. Plus this brand comes from my hometown Hamburg, so that is another big plus. I really hope Nivea will last another 100 years, they have just celebrated their anniversary last year...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

This product is as good as any $60 Kiehl or $150 Shiseido Bio- Performance cream or the $180 Lancome Night cream I recently purchased.
Previous reviews raved about how good this is & I all agreed to that. I do not (never) break-out from products which should also take into consideration.
However, I will still buy those expensive creams occasionally for psychological reasons. Transferring this cream into those empty jars of fancy cream also make using this cream more "elegant" & "expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by bornbackwards

I use this lotion on my face as a moisturiser and on my body.
Pros:
-its fragrance is very, very light and has no dye, usually moisturisers with those two irritate my skin
-effectively hydrates my dry skin on my face, my skin really feels like it drank water and is very plump after using it
-does not break out my acne prone skin
-not greasy, absorbs quickly into the skin
-the texture is nice, it's thick but light at the same time
-i love that it has jojoba oil and vitamin e
- the tub lasts a while

the only thing i have to say negatively about this is the packaging, it can be kind of unhygienic because you have to scoop out the lotion by hand. i know they sell a squeeze tube but it's sort of small. i will continue to by anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by SolRegia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on impulse several months ago, and used it on impulse as well. It's almost unfair; so cheap, so easily available, but works just as well as (much) pricier brands. I feel cheated for buying all the other creams and exotic oils. Some reviewers complain about the smell, I find it inoffensive and easily ignored.