November 28, 2014 | 1814 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG-HG-HG-HG-HG-HG! Love this stuff! I haven't actually had this creme that long, probably no longer than a month. Especially in winter, I have the driest skin in the world. My hands have literally cracked and bled and turned red and itchy. The sad thing is, I use lotion all the time. I have tried so many. The only thing is, as humans, we use our hands a lot. I don't have time to sit there and count the clouds as my lotion sinks in. I wanted a new moisturizer, and I went to the drugstore with my options wide open. What made me want a new moisturizer was because lately my eyelids were getting flaky and dry, and my ears were peeling too. What I wanted: 1.) A thick cream, nothing watery or thin. 2.) A cream that didn't have petroleum or mineral oil, which is not moisturizing and only sits on top of your skin (or didn't have petroleum/mineral oil as main ingredients). 3.) Something along the cheapish side, where if I globbed it on my skin and used it up quickly I wouldn't have to pay $30 to buy another of. Looking over ingredients, I spotted Nivea. I have tried an array of Nivea lips balms, and the company was one I was familiar with. Granted, I prefer Burt's Bees lip balms over Nivea's, I still was enthusiastic. And...I love it! The creme is a nice, white pearly color, and has a whipped and light texture. On the skin, it moisturizes amazingly! I cart this everywhere! The only bad thing is the packaging. It rather is difficult to screw the lid on and off every time. But at the same time, I love the little scoop/dip out method. It comes with 6.8oz which is a steal. It costs maybe around $6? The scent is of course the clean scent Nivea typically has. This really doesn't have much fragrance and is a very non-irritating scent, which scent can easily bother me. I am going out to buy another tub right now, in fact!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by jennyband

having read many comments below, i felt compelled to share how much i rate this moisturiser. I have done TWO courses of roaccutane. i do not have oily skin or even pimply skin however i suffered from deep cystic hormonal acne ( which started when i was 23) now at 26 my skin is perfectly clear but due to the pain and anguish of roaccutane (anyone that's been on it will testify) i am so paranoid about putting ANYTHING on my face. i was strictly using jojoba oil and Cetaphil for two years. BUT Nivea Soft... oh you beauty. in the last month i have used Nivea Soft (three months post accutane) and my skin is amazing. my face is softer than can be believed. all the post hyperpigmentation is fading i don't even NEED makeup to look even toned. if you told me that 6 months ago i would have laughed in your face. no breakouts using this product. i use it on my dry hands and dry skin (thanks roaccutane) and its working to restore the softness. my boyfriend touch my cheek some days ago and declared it 'so soft'. product lives up to its name!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is my jam. I've been through hundreds of moisturizers and this is probably the only one that I've repurchased again and again. I love the smell, the texture and everything. Its light, non-greasy and really keeps my skin moisturized. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by BonjurCutie

I got this at Walmart. The design has changed it says its for the face hands and body an it looks different than the picture used now. I use it for my face. I have very sensitive skin that peels every once in a while and Nivea does not irritate my skin. I can apply it even thought my skin is peeling and it does not burn my skin ever! I bought 2 travel that I keep in my backpack and car and 1 container for home. I don't pay attention to the smell but my friend thinks it smells great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Whaaat? Nivea?? Really? This product is amazing. I don't know why more people don't rave about it. I was in rural Australia and the small corner stores there stocked one moisturizer - Nivea soft. Having left all mine at home I bought it and I cannot believe how amazing it is. I've never once finished up a moisturizer so quickly - normally I hate using them. This absorbs into the skin so quickly, is so nourishing.... I have since gone a bit Nivea crazy and tried a few others (dark blue pumo and q10) but I will always come back to Nivea soft. It is a dream to apply and I cannot believe I didn't try it sooner simply because it's a cheaper product. All my expensive moisturizers are forgotten! I haven't tried it on my face but I love it for the body. The smell is slight and not offensive. Flawless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by shamima

i am a darphin girl! but now that i am self employed and i have a mortgage, i can no longer spend $80 on a moisturizer, no matter how much my skin loves it. so i decided to look for something cheaper. based on the reviews here i picked up the nivea soft (which i had gotten one of the gorgeous floral design LE ones) and wow, i love it! the scent bothers me a little because it is seems old fashioned, but it also reminds me of my mum. anyway i have been using this cream for a couple of weeks now and my face is doing great! i have dehydrated skin and break out at TOTM and during stress, and this has not broken me out at all, but totally quenched my skin. it is waaay easier to spread and not as thick as the cream in the blue tin. so glad i picked it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I was really excited to try this after reading all the great reviews and I'm glad i did. This is the perfect day cream for my combo skin - it's not too oily for my t-zone and it's perfect for moisturizing the dry areas on my face. It does contain mineral oil so I was skeptical, but I have yet to see any problematic breakouts. It also has a slight fragrance, but it doesn't bother me (it smells kind of fresh) and it hasn't irritated my skin. It's fairly inexpensive so I would recommend trying this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There isn't a better moisturiser on the market. High end or low end, nothing compares to this. I really like the original Nivea in the dark blue container, but it is very thick and hard to apply and that is why I originally gave Nivea Soft a try. It retails for around $8-$10 a tub in Australia and lasts for months, so it's excellent value for money. I love that you can use it anywhere on your body and it just absorbs into the skin so well and feels so amazing. However on the face, it is incredible. I use it over retinols, just so I don't get that over dryness you can get when you are using retinol products. I like that it never causes any irritation or skin issues and it works better than high end products. I am a bit of a brand snob and tend to think that you get what you pay for. Well this little gem changed my mind!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by alicelamont

I purchased this product after using it at a friends, I instantly loved it because of the smooth plump look it gave my skin. However after purchasing this product I can say so much more. This will be the only moisturizer I will use for the rest of my life. I have severe combantion skin;
dry flaky spots of eczema above my eye and next to my nose and acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin. After the first use i could see a difference on the flaky spots and now they are gone complementary (one weeks use), it also alows me to use my topical treatment for my acne without aggravating my skin all while reducing redness, controlling oil and healing acne scars. This is the shit. Its amazing, reccomend this to anyone and everyone. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kellykaz

My skin is complicated; it's very oily but because of the use of a topical acne treatment, it is also very flaky and dry. I have tried so many top of the line moisturizers, hoping to find a product that would improve the texture of my flaky, oily, breakout prone skin and I was really surprised to find everything I was looking for in this moisturizing cream.

It provided a great level of moisture without making my face look oily, very similar to my previous moisturizer; Estee Lauder hydrationist maximum moisture creme for dry skin. I like the packaging; it is available in both a jar (200ml and 100ml) and tube (75ml). I bought the tube for hygienic reasons but also because I wanted a smaller amount of product to try out.

The scent is fine. I find it to be light and tolerable and I'm usually quite sensitive to products with strong scents. With that said, if they created an unscented formula, I would be all over it.

I was slightly nervous that this cream might aggravate acne but I haven't noticed any increase in the frequency or severity of breakouts.

For the price I paid, (about $6 at Walmart), this can't be beat. If you're looking for a really great moisturizer that's super cheap and widely available, you should definitely give Nivea Soft a try!