Avon Wash off Waterproof mascara

WASH-OFF WATERPROOF Mascara WATER/EAU AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER KAOLIN COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA HYDROGENATED SOY GLYCERIDES BUTYLENE GLYCOL BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE SORBETH-20 BEESWAX PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARIC ACID EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA HYDROXYLATED LANOLIN HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE TALC ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE PARAFFIN AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA METHYLPARABEN ETHYLPARABEN MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES MICA ULTRAMARINES TITANIUM DIOXIDE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLUE 1 LAKE CARMINE BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE MANGANESE VIOLET FERRIC FERROCYANIDE

on 3/15/2008 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This mascara doesn't flake off and has amazing staying power. Love it! I have it in Black and Brown.I had to take off one lippie because the consistency is very wet and itmakes lashes clump together if you don't apply carefully. I found that the more you stroke the lashes with the brush wand, the more they clumped. So try to do the job in 2-3 strokes or you will have a clumpy mess. Application is key for this product. Overall - great product for daily use. Not recommended for people that need definition or maximizing power. For that, I like Avon's Daring Curves Mascara.

on 1/25/2008 11:50:00 PM

This is a great, cheap mascara. It's always on sale. It gives nice definition and a bit of lengthening without clumps. I use the brown-black color as I'm very fair and have hazel eyes. It really is pretty waterproof (I haven't worn it in a swimming pool or really cried hard wearing it, but it has withstood a few tears and light rain) and yet washes off with a combination of soap and water. I did find like some other reviewers that it can flake -- but I've found if I give it a few shakes before applying, and gently wipe the brush once in a while on a tissue to remove any buildup, this problem goes away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

for a cheap waterproof mascara, this is okay. is easily washable, and defines the lashes well.

on 1/1/2008 9:59:00 PM

This mascara was just OK when new, but it did flake and the flake got worse as time went on, I can't say that I would buy this mascara again.

on 12/9/2007 3:34:00 PM

I just started wearing eye makeup, mostly mascara, and my mom gave this to me. I have this mascara in black. My lashes looked completely different, in a good way, when I put it on. My lashes looked so long, it was amazing. Their color also became darker, which I liked. This product is great.

Great stuff at a great price. Seems to hold a curl very well and is waterproof. I'm not too keen on the brush (bristles a bit too sparse imo), but the formula is good so I get minimal clumping. Very simple, nice stuff!

on 11/15/2007 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am an Avon and mark representative and have had a lot of trouble finding a great mascara from them. It took me a year to try the Wash-off waterproof, as I just assumed it sucked as bad as most of their mascaras did when I first started selling (since then they've come out with two I love: Daring Curves and Longest Lashes Ever). So anyway, I finally buy Wash-off waterproof when in goes on sale for $1.99 so that I can either recommend it or not to my customers.

I'm really impressed with this wonderful basic mascara. It has a perfectly spooled brush, which comes out clean, not gunky, and is a perfectly dark black *if you buy it in black, of course*. It defined my lashes, imparted modest volume, separation, and curl. I get very minor shading under my eyes at the end of the day, but not enough to deter me from wearing it and buying it. I just haven't gotten bored of this mascara yet, and it's been a couple of months- strange... I definitely choose other mascaras when going out, as I like a vampy look, but this is my can't beat daytime buddy.

on 11/13/2007 6:43:00 PM

This is the worst mascara I've ever used. It barely shows on my lashes. I have to brush on about 20 coats to get anything out of it. This is good for a 13 year old just starting to wear makeup as it's very light. I'll never buy again and won't recommend. It's on sale sometimes for $1.99 and it's barely worth that!

on 10/12/2007 9:55:00 PM

If your going for dramatic, this isnt for you. This stuff is great for day to day use. It makes my lashes look great. It adds nice length and zero clumps. I have been wearing it all week and havnet had a flaking or smudging episode yet. I dont work, but I have two little ones who have their hands all over my face numerous times throught the day and the mascara stays put.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely, positvely cannot stand this mascara. My m-i-l convinced me to try it, as it is her fave, but after several attempts, the results were always the same: flakes, smudges and smears only half-way through my work day! And I work in an air conditioned office!

Will never try again. Not worth the $1.99.

Popular Mascaras