April 21, 2014 | 1422 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by beautyrush13

I just started wearing eye makeup, mostly mascara, and my mom gave this to me. I have this mascara in black. My lashes looked completely different, in a good way, when I put it on. My lashes looked so long, it was amazing. Their color also became darker, which I liked. This product is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

Great stuff at a great price. Seems to hold a curl very well and is waterproof. I'm not too keen on the brush (bristles a bit too sparse imo), but the formula is good so I get minimal clumping. Very simple, nice stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by alkispice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am an Avon and mark representative and have had a lot of trouble finding a great mascara from them. It took me a year to try the Wash-off waterproof, as I just assumed it sucked as bad as most of their mascaras did when I first started selling (since then they've come out with two I love: Daring Curves and Longest Lashes Ever). So anyway, I finally buy Wash-off waterproof when in goes on sale for $1.99 so that I can either recommend it or not to my customers.

I'm really impressed with this wonderful basic mascara. It has a perfectly spooled brush, which comes out clean, not gunky, and is a perfectly dark black *if you buy it in black, of course*. It defined my lashes, imparted modest volume, separation, and curl. I get very minor shading under my eyes at the end of the day, but not enough to deter me from wearing it and buying it. I just haven't gotten bored of this mascara yet, and it's been a couple of months- strange... I definitely choose other mascaras when going out, as I like a vampy look, but this is my can't beat daytime buddy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Brandye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst mascara I've ever used. It barely shows on my lashes. I have to brush on about 20 coats to get anything out of it. This is good for a 13 year old just starting to wear makeup as it's very light. I'll never buy again and won't recommend. It's on sale sometimes for $1.99 and it's barely worth that!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by carolynanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If your going for dramatic, this isnt for you. This stuff is great for day to day use. It makes my lashes look great. It adds nice length and zero clumps. I have been wearing it all week and havnet had a flaking or smudging episode yet. I dont work, but I have two little ones who have their hands all over my face numerous times throught the day and the mascara stays put.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:11:00 AM More reviews by crazytazzygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely, positvely cannot stand this mascara. My m-i-l convinced me to try it, as it is her fave, but after several attempts, the results were always the same: flakes, smudges and smears only half-way through my work day! And I work in an air conditioned office!

Will never try again. Not worth the $1.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lailaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

My mother bought it and in need of a water-proof mascara because of my contacts I grabbed it from her. It is a pretty good mascara for just regular days and it personally makes my eyelashes look nice. The consistency is good and provides no clumps. And it does wash-off pretty easily when your washing your face or you can just use an eye makeup remover as well. I honestly like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by iamelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. I absolutely love the brush! The bristles are long which helps the mascara go on virtually clump-free; it's pretty great. This mascara is best for more natural days, as it does not add much volume. It does, however, subtly define the lashes as well as slightly lengthens if you use more than 1 coat. This is great for everyday use, when you want to look natural & pretty, not too done-up. It lasts all day, doesn't smudge, yet still washes off with soap & water. I usually like a more volumizing mascara, but I'll use this for "off" days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/Oilproof? - Yes/yes. Lasts through watery eyes and unladylike sweating during workouts. Yay! The oils on my face eat through most mascaras, but not this one.

Adds volume? - No.

Adds length? - Slightly.

Adds definition? - Yes.

Holds curl? - Well.

Removal? - Easy with soap and water. Also easy with eye mu remover (I use Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover).

Packaging - Black tube, wider in the middle and tapered towards the extremities. Brush is a neat, clean spiral.

Other comments - Formula goes on light and clean; not clumpy or thick. After a day with watery eyes and a sweaty workout, I could barely get this to smudge - it took some seriously rough eye-rubbing to get it to smudge, and the raccoon eyes I got were so slight, even less noticeable than most other WP mascaras I have worn for less than a day and without rubbing or watering. Formula has a slight chemical smell to it when wet but it doesn't bother me much.

UPDATE: I got a tube of something else and ignored this Avon mascara for a few months. When I went back to it, the aged mascara went on very wet such that my wet lashes stuck together; at least there were no clumps. Overall, the aged formula adds more volume and length than before, but definitely requires using a lash comb.

Overall - What a great find! This is just what I want for everyday - great for definition and holding curl, truly waterproof and unaffected by the oils on my face. Excellent performer for my daily workday needs, at a nice low price ($5.99). continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for 1.99! I got the Navy and Black/Brown and they were both great colors. Such a good deal and I love the mascara it doesn't budge at all and I've gotten compliments on nice it looks on me! Although I would say this only a basic mascara.