April 20, 2014 | 1629 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by MeganIsNotMegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Redness shows through and it's way too shiny. Otherwise it's a good mineral foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Love the product itself. Covers blemishes on my face yet looks really natural. My complaint is the packaging! Horrible design! The powder spills everywhere, the brush is scratchy, and awkward to use.Hard to swirl the brush in the jar to get an even application. A flatter container would have worked better. However, it does look very nice, and is super quick on those mornings when you need foundation, but are pressed for time. Just use your own kabuki instead of the one provided for a better look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by KoyteSailo

I like this product because it blend smoothly on the skin, however I find that it cause more breakout and have to stop using it. i spent so much on this and will just have to discard it.

The packaging is attractive but i find it non-user friendly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by fashionnbabiixo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the longest time this was my HG foundation. I love powder foundation because you can apply it fast and easily. This product has amazing coverage, better coverage than any other foundation I have tried. (I definitely prefer this to bareMinerals, which had horrible coverage for my acne!) This was the best foundation I have ever used, until my skin started getting oily. I am currently looking for a mattifying primer or lotion for my oily skin so that I can start wearing this foundation again! I miss using this product and wish I wasn't so oily!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by rayma

I love this stuff! i use it everyday....the coverage can be light medium or heavy depending on how much you use...it works well as a concealer for me ..even though i just recently bought the concealer version..and blush...this is my favorite product! i reccomend this to anyone

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by irarai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got this as a present. i usually don't wear foundations as its much of a job for me but this is easy peasy if it expresses how i feel. while i have 2 brush until my liquid foundation dissolves without a trace this is easy just brush it and go. its a go foundation and no hassle. although its pricey but it may last a while and the brush is soft enough. after reading many reviews bout the brush i thought it might b hard but its soft until unless u rub it hard. so this is a good foundation and without any hassle i think i luv it and no breakouts also so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG foundation since grade 9 and I just graduated highschool this year. It gives amazing coverage but doesn't get super cakey like most foundations I've used in the past. It covers up all my acne plus acne scars and the redness I sometimes get around my nose. It's a little pricey for me (about $20 in most drug stores in my city) but I've never found something as good for cheaper! I used to only wear some concealer and this powder for my face makeup and it covered well, but I've taken to wearing a light layer of liquid foundation (revlon colour stay) so I really don't need that much coverage from a powder. My skin is wayyyy better than it was when I started using this product so I'll be looking for a new pressed powder foundation just to use as a really light layer on top of my liquid foundation to keep everything in it's place and to control my oily skin, but I'll always keep some of this powder foundation in my makeup drawer for when I need more coverage or if I don't feel like wearing liquid foundation that day!!

The brush that they give you with the product sucks so I just use my own big poofy powder brush, not an issue because the brushes that come with makeup are always bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by shannand88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this a week ago, and here are my thoughts so far...
VERY nice. =]
A bit pricey for drugstore, but if you've been buying bare minerals, then it's definitely a deal because it is less than half the price.
A few things you need to know if you're going into this comparing it to bare minerals...
DO moisturize and prime. It isn't terribly forgiving on dryness. But this is easily avoided if you quickly prep your face. (Which is something you should do before every foundation application anyway.)
It isn't as fine as bare minerals, so it goes on heavier, faster.
It doesn't take as much product to cover your face. So you have to keep an eye on how heavy the coverage is capable of being. For some people (such as myself), this is a plus. I like medium-full coverage without using allllllll of my product. With bare minerals I used waaaay more than I wanted to in order to get the coverage that I wanted.
Ingredients wise...Yes, it's not as pure. But it's pretty decent for a DS MINERAL foundation, I have to say. I have pretty sensitive skin around my jaw area, and I haven't had any problems at all. Usually If a product is going to irritate my skin, I'll know right after the first application. I didn't get that feeling with this. So it doesn't irritate my skin.
Now onto color selection...this is where I take off a lippie. It could be better. luckily, I'm fair enough for their lightest shade to work for me, but if you're not sure and you can't swatch it, there might be some guess work that needs to be done. That can always be a hassle.

All in all, Great luminous 'mineral' finish, lasts a long time, covers well, and costs much less than department mineral makeup.
Just make sure you moisturize. ;p

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by xotara912

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I won't use anything else. Yes, it's messy. Yes, I need to use a moisturizer because my skin is so dry that if I put this on directly, it will look even drier. Also, I agree that the brush could be better. To me, the brush is ok at first but this makeup lasts me months and after awhile the brush gets a little rough on my face. But it covers amazingly, doesn't make me break out, and is light and not cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Jezzrbelle88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this. Its the only mineral makeup that doesn't look cakey or make me look old lol. The color stays true, and its comfortable to wear in the 90+ degree heat and humidity of the south. The only issue I have is the brush - it smells weird and it hurts on my face. I use another brush to apply it and no issues at all :) This is great if you're on a budget