L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 8/24/2011 9:27:00 PM

I've been using Maybelline Mineral Power fdn for past several months and just ran out of it. So I decided to give this a go
Price: ~$18
Pkg: really bulky and the brush is POS
Coverage: medium to full
Finish: dry matte
Colour: Natural Beige 464 is a neutral beige w/yellow undertone
Texture: creamy
I barely dip Ecotools kabuki brush in it then swirl it on.
Unlike MP this stays matte for 6+hours, even on a hot summer day. If this survives 4h at work(coffee shop) this may be The One

*UPDATE*
I put this over MUFE HD primer (neautral I think, I got the mini tube one) and it stayed relatively matte for 4h. It slightly glowy after 3h mark but nothing greasy and gross. HG fdn at last!

on 8/20/2011 11:08:00 PM

Good coverage but made my pores look huge. I do not see myself buying this again unless my pore just vanish....can that happen?lol

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product a lot! I went out and bought the concealer and the finish along with the naturale powder....the concealer works great, although i dont think its something you HAVE to have because the powder works well on coverage anyhow. I did notice that if you apply to much of the powder that it starts getting cakey so start off with applying very little! I also accidently slept in this makeup last night and when I woke up, my face still looked great! so it definately lasted a long time! i would recommend this product to anyone!

Redness shows through and it's way too shiny. Otherwise it's a good mineral foundation.

on 8/2/2011 9:08:00 PM

Love the product itself. Covers blemishes on my face yet looks really natural. My complaint is the packaging! Horrible design! The powder spills everywhere, the brush is scratchy, and awkward to use.Hard to swirl the brush in the jar to get an even application. A flatter container would have worked better. However, it does look very nice, and is super quick on those mornings when you need foundation, but are pressed for time. Just use your own kabuki instead of the one provided for a better look.

on 8/1/2011 4:48:00 AM

I like this product because it blend smoothly on the skin, however I find that it cause more breakout and have to stop using it. i spent so much on this and will just have to discard it.

The packaging is attractive but i find it non-user friendly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For the longest time this was my HG foundation. I love powder foundation because you can apply it fast and easily. This product has amazing coverage, better coverage than any other foundation I have tried. (I definitely prefer this to bareMinerals, which had horrible coverage for my acne!) This was the best foundation I have ever used, until my skin started getting oily. I am currently looking for a mattifying primer or lotion for my oily skin so that I can start wearing this foundation again! I miss using this product and wish I wasn't so oily!

on 7/24/2011 2:48:00 AM

I love this stuff! i use it everyday....the coverage can be light medium or heavy depending on how much you use...it works well as a concealer for me ..even though i just recently bought the concealer version..and blush...this is my favorite product! i reccomend this to anyone

on 7/4/2011 5:03:00 AM

i got this as a present. i usually don't wear foundations as its much of a job for me but this is easy peasy if it expresses how i feel. while i have 2 brush until my liquid foundation dissolves without a trace this is easy just brush it and go. its a go foundation and no hassle. although its pricey but it may last a while and the brush is soft enough. after reading many reviews bout the brush i thought it might b hard but its soft until unless u rub it hard. so this is a good foundation and without any hassle i think i luv it and no breakouts also so far.

on 7/3/2011 9:56:00 PM

This has been my HG foundation since grade 9 and I just graduated highschool this year. It gives amazing coverage but doesn't get super cakey like most foundations I've used in the past. It covers up all my acne plus acne scars and the redness I sometimes get around my nose. It's a little pricey for me (about $20 in most drug stores in my city) but I've never found something as good for cheaper! I used to only wear some concealer and this powder for my face makeup and it covered well, but I've taken to wearing a light layer of liquid foundation (revlon colour stay) so I really don't need that much coverage from a powder. My skin is wayyyy better than it was when I started using this product so I'll be looking for a new pressed powder foundation just to use as a really light layer on top of my liquid foundation to keep everything in it's place and to control my oily skin, but I'll always keep some of this powder foundation in my makeup drawer for when I need more coverage or if I don't feel like wearing liquid foundation that day!!

The brush that they give you with the product sucks so I just use my own big poofy powder brush, not an issue because the brushes that come with makeup are always bad.