April 18, 2014 | 1275 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bluerengal

I'm in my third bottle for this cleanser. It worked pretty well on my combi/oily skin and did not have a tight sensation after cleaning. I guess that's a good sign that it doesnt dry up the skin, which tends to occur for most cleansers catered combi/oily skin. Worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I didn't care for this cleanser at all. I gave the whole line a go & I feel as if the line is all hyped up when it comes to tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is excellent for skin but I feel like this doesn't cut it for these products. Everytime I washed my face it seemed like it didn't get clean or there was still make up on my skin. Even when I used my clarosonic with it, it didn't work that much. The price is not bad for the cleanser, but the toner ran out way faster than the cleanser did [like in most cases]. My skin felt tight at times also which I don't like at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this cleanser. I love the smell of tea tree, so that will never be something that bothers me. This cleanser is effective, and it's effective quickly. You only need a dime sized amount to cover your face and neck, just lather in your hands before you apply to your face. It has gotten rid of stubborn breakouts that I've had for ages, which says a LOT. I haven't noticed it drying my skin out at all, which is a huge plus. It's also great at removing makeup which is another HUGE plus. I am pretty sure I'm done heading to the drug store for face washes. When I run out of this, I will be repurchasing again, and again, and AGAIN!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

Great cleanser for combo skin. My favorite Body Shop product to date!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by gint518

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I still have oily skin a 50, so I am always trying new cleansers. I really like this- it helps keep my skin clear. It is too drying during really cold weather, but we haven't had much of that in the Northeast this year, so I have been using all winter. I would recommend,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by metisroyalty

I have a cabinet full of facial cleansing products and none work as well as a basic daily cleanser than The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil wash. Personally my face is unpredictable, sometimes it is clear and smooth, other times it is oily, acne-prone and other times it is dry and flaky. I have tried Olay, Clean & Clear, St. Ive's, L'Oréal, Nivea, and many others trying to find a balance. I used to get compliments on my clear skin but as I have grown into adulthood it has been harder to manage.
Personally, I like the smell of Tea Tree Oil and have long known the benefits as an acne-fighter, so when I saw this particular product in the Body Shop I was drawn to it. I was pressed for time so I didn't even see the foaming version, which I would have preferred. Foaming or not, this face wash delivers. I only use a dime sized amount and truly feels refreshed and deeply cleansed after. My face doesn't feel tight or dry, and it seems to be helping to treat my spots of acne. It removes make up and feels very soothing to my entire face, especially after a long day.
I also bought the cleansing wipes which work particularly well for refreshing the face when I'm too tired to wash up at night right before bed. For some the scent may be overwhelming or unpleasant, but it does go away after a while. It has a medicinal smell. I will definitely buy this product again and am going to give a bottle to my younger brother who has begun his first rounds of teenage acne. Looking forward to trying the rest of the Tea Tree line.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by melissa1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Working as an employee for the body shop you are introduced to far too many wonderful new things you completely overlook as a regular customer. For my acne/oily skin prior to using tea tree I was a huge fan of the seaweed range. In comparison the seaweed smells nicer and didn't leave my skin as squeaky dry BUT since being introduced to the tea tree wash I won't be going back to seaweed! It may smell pretty gross an yes I can understand it may leave some of you too dry but for me it has been a complete god send! I have been using for about a month now and my awful embarrassing spotty skin has cleared up a treat for what literally is years! I cannot fault the stuff, I can actually go out the house now without covering my pesky red blemishes with concealer. I have now started to use this with the tea tree toner afterwards which refreshes my skin and makes me feel even more spot free! Thankyou tea tree you natural beauty may you live a long prosperous life on my bathroom unit <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by emigyaru

I really like The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil line. I'm still on the line about this product, I'm not sure if I like it or not - but it does keep my acne at bay. I really like the scent but I understand how it would take others a while to get used too. It's a weird woody, minty smell. haha. The first time I used it, I remember having a tight, burning sensation. I was worried at first that my skin was reacting to it but my friend who was also trying it out at the same time had a similar reaction. As I continued to use it twice a day for the next few days - it went away. It does dry my skin out a little, but a good moisturizer will do the trick. I use this in conjunction with the toner and skin clearing lotion from the same line.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by cdrista215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this face wash for about 5 months and I really like it. I have oily, acne prone, reddened skin. This is calming and has really kept my breakouts at bay. I use it in combination with the tea tree oil scrub and often use my Clarisonic brush with it as well. My skin has never looked better. I highly recommend this product and will definitely buy it again. The smell takes some getting used to but it is not nearly as strongly scented as some stuff I have used.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by appledee2

I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin. This cleanser is very 'meh', It didn't really do anything to help with my breakouts so I stopped using it. Then I ran out of tea tree oil that I mix with some baby shampoo to clean my makeup brushes. I decided to pull this out and use it to clean my brushes and it did a fabulous job! It got all the makeup out, plus it has tea tree so it also disinfects. Will probably only re-buy to use as a makeup brush cleaner.