July 30, 2014 | 1952 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Pros :
Makes skin feel very clean
has a lovely smell
Lasts along time, you dont need much.
it does work and you will see the difference in a couple of weeks.
worth the money

Cons
skin gets use to it, so you have to switch to another cleanser for awhile then go back to it.
can be drying if you don't put moisturizer on
expensive for me.

this face wash is the first face wash i tried that had completely got rid of all my pimples... and for a couple of days i was pimple free.. but then of course pimples started popping up but not many and they were smaller!
just make sure when you buy it that you have a back up cleanser because i noticed when i used it everyday for a couple of months my skin got use to it ...so when that happens just switch to something else for a week then go back to it.
ps. make sure you apply a moisturizer you can trust after.
(this face wash is:
$11.00 Canadian dollars OR 4.50 British pounds)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I have oily, acne-prone skin. I got this when I was breaking out really bad and my friend recommended it to me. At first I didn't think it was much of a facial wash, just any normal one. But after a while, it helped calm my problematic skin. I use this only at night with my clarisonic after using a makeup wipe to remove any makeup. This paired with the clarisonic is amazing. I follow up with the toner as well. It takes some time to get used to. I remember when i first used it I broke out in one or two painful bumps but I believe it was just my face getting used to tea tree. Overall very nice facial wash. I would repurchase because its fairly cheap for the amount of product you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkseaoyster

This is my HG cleanser. I have extremely oily and acne prone skin. And this cleanser remove the oil and leave my face really clean. It never dry out my skin, my skin feels very soft after using it even though because of my oilyness my skin is still very glowy after washing but i can feels that my face is completely clean and theres no oil. I use it after i remove my makeup using shiseido's tiss 2 way of oil. cleaning well is basically all i look for in a cleanser because since it gets washed off anyway and nothing is left so no cleanser would actually do anything for acne. all cleanser do is clean the face. If the cleanser leave the skin clean and the person using it follows up with good products that stays on the face the skin will naturally be good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product, along with the rest of The Body Shop's tea tree oil skin care line. This face wash removes makeup and dirt and leaves your face with a fresh clean feeling. I do find at times it can make my skin a bit dry after use, but as someone with oily skin this does not bother me as this shows me that the product is actually working. If used with the other products such as the toner, moisturizer and the tea tree oil itself you will see that over time breakouts will become less severe, the redness of the skin will reduce and existing blemishes will heal and disappear faster.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by aydini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

one of the worst products i have used in my life. the toner is much worse and burning. never ever again. i am sorry TBS because i support your "no animal testing" policy :(((

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For me, this product has been a miracle. I have oily skin that turns into a greasy mess halfway through the day. Since I have been using this cleanser, along with the matching Tea Tree Oil Toner, my oiliness has decreased dramatically. My skin isn't completely dried out, but the excessive oil has been brought under control. I will never use another cleanser again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MFancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this cleanser as well as the toner, the lotion, night time lotion, and the mask. I have very sensitive, VERY acne prone skin. I have tried almost everything including medicated topical treatment. I've been using all of these products together once a day for about 4 days now and i have already seen the redness in my face fade, the texture of my skin smooth out, and also the pain of my borderline cystic acne be relieved. I do feel an uncomfortable burn on some areas of my face and I personally do not enjoy the scent. But the fact that I've seen any kind of results in only a few days is very pleasing! I recommend anyone who has had acne problems to give it a shot, its inexpensive and, for me at least, it's working!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

I had high hopes for this given all the hype.. But I have been thoroughly disappointed every time I've given this face wash a chance. Forget about clearing the present blemishes, this stuff broke me out every single time I used it! This definitely isn't the product for me. Too bad since it smells wonderful, feels refreshing and you get a lot for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by StateofRachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is not so bad, but doesn't work miracles by any means. Acne on my face isn't a big problem - clogged pores are. I don't feel this product does anything to reduce the few pimples I have, so I can't recommend it as an acne treatment. However, it does clean out my pores reasonably well. Some of them will still be clogged, but my face looks a little bit cleaner after use and this product also does not dry out my skin too much. That's enough reason for me to keep on using it. I haven't been using it as a make-up remover, but I don't think it would be suitable for that, as others already have said.

I have to add that I haven't been consistent in using this product, so the effects might be better after continued use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

Wow, I'm surprised at all the terrible reviews this got! I actually enjoyed this cleanser. It's definitely not a cure for acne - but I think it would keep acne at bay and help clear up any minor blemishes. I probably wouldn't repurchase because I had to order it online and I'm always trying new cleansers!