The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 1/12/2013 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Surprised to see such low rating??
This product is awesome. It's been about a year I've been using this product and it really helped me to kept my spots to minimum. Love its smell. It lasts for very long time so worth £5. (But used to be £4 shouldn't have increased the price!)
I also use The Body Shop Tea Tree Morning n Night lotion which really helped to clear my blemishes and control oil level. It honestly has helped me ''A LOT'' to clear up face. This range is AMAZING.

Felt I had to writea review on this product. I have suffered from severe acne for about six years. I was prescribed a variety of different creams and antibiotics by the doctor, none of which made a lasting effect. I used this product, along with The Body Shop Tea Tree toner and the tea tree skin clearing lotion. Within the first few weeks of using I noticed an effect and since then has improved so much that I now have no spots left and my skin never breaks out. It sounds very cliché but these products have had a life changing effect for me!

on 1/1/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is ok. It hasn't provided any positive benefits or negative benefits. It has a weird smell. I originally bought this for use on my face but found a better cleanser so I have been using it on my bacne, I will use it up but will not buy it again in the future.

on 12/15/2012 9:43:00 PM

I was excited about using the Tea Tree line at the Body Shop since I heard so many great things about it, but these products (I used the cleanser, toner, and night cream) either gave me the worst pimples I've ever had or did nothing to prevent them! I persisted for 6 months, but after realizing these Tea Tree products must be the problem, I have stopped using them and my skin is slowly recovering.

on 12/10/2012 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Too harsh for my acne prone skin, made me break out even more, and dried, dried, dried it out :(

Much like the seaweed cleanser that I also tried from the body shop, this cleanser also burned my skin after I washed my face with it. It was really irritating!

on 11/16/2012 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Horrible products. I thought at the beggining it's all on a good way, but the in broke me out horribly with some very deep acne cysts in places I've never had anything before. It also made my skin dry so I have to use another moisturiser with it. Proactiv was 1000 times better if you use Deep Cleansing Body Wash as a cleanser + the Proactiv Toner + Proactiv Lotion with BP 2,5% then finish off with any moisturiser. I'm not going to buy this again - be aware !!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this face wash! I've been using it for years and I think it's safe to call it my HG face wash. It's gentle enough to not irritate my skin but strong enough to cut back my oil and keep the minor breakouts I get under control. The smell is something you have to get used to but I've come to really enjoy it. The amount you get for the price is awesome, especially when they're having a sale. I would like to see a pump bottle, though. I pair it with the tea tree nighttime lotion and during the day, I wear the seaweed mattifying lotion over a non-TBS toner. I rarely exfoliate or use masks for I find this does the job.

on 11/14/2012 8:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

How could this cleanser is containing SLS? It is pore clogging ingredient!!! It made me broke out and no improvement on my skin too. Very disappointing product in The Body Shop. Before that I heard a lot of good reviews about the product but after used it, I terribly felt how bad it was. I definitely wont purchase again.

on 10/10/2012 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is just a cleanser that does not do anything to your pimples or bumps or whatever on your face. it just cleanses your face, thats it. but its pretty good in removing make- up. The product is also worth the price i mean its been 3 months ive used this but i still have not finished it yet! and this one is BETTER than the foaming cleanser of the tea tree. The foaming cleanser is SERIOUSLY DRYING T_T but back to the face wash, I would not recommend this to anyone who has massive pimples on his/her faces! but it would be good as a makeup remover.

on 10/2/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This facial wash is great for my skin because I have oily skin. This is definitely not for those who have thin/sensitive/dry skin because tea-tree oil is quite strong in the sense that it really sucks up the oil from your skin, and that can irritate some people's skins. Each person has a different skin type (oily, normal, combination/sensitive... etc.) so you must know your particular skin type before you purchase a facial wash.

Since my skin is oily and prone to minor breakouts, this facial wash is doing a wonderful job at keeping my skin fresh and clean. My pores have shrunk as a result and I am loving the results. I also use the tea-tree oil toner and lotion after washing my face and it feels so refreshing. Definitely recommend this for people with oily skin and for those who want to get rid of blemishes.