Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

i love this mascara! it works great for me. wonderful pigmentation, great staying power, and it really makes my lashes stand out! sooo cheap i love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this because I needed a good waterproof mascara for occasions like floating the river, and well, summer in general.
First, I bought Rimmel's Sexy Curves Waterproof. I get home and read the reviews on here. Terrible. I didn't even open the package I was so terrified. It was returned the next day. Later, I ended up with a tube of this Great Lash. For a waterproof mascara, it does the job. I would definitely NOT grab this if you're looking for volume or length. It does, however, darken my lashes and with a generous amount of coats doesn't look all that bad. I don't have a problem with clumps at all and I hate the wand, but other than that no complaints. Oh, it's a nightmare to remove when the time comes; be careful not to rip all of your lashes out!

on 7/19/2010 7:37:00 PM

I have to agree with everyone who does not like this product ...URGH... i had such high hopes for this product! Its waterproof which i like , but urgh... It clumps my lashes! I did my friends make up using this mascara , and it was clumpy on her too. I wouldnt buy this again:( sorry.

on 7/19/2010 1:35:00 PM

I don't like this product.
Not waterproof at all. I bought this for a trip to Djerba ( poolgames, lots of water, pool, sea, sweat,....) and I can tell you this isn't waterproof at all.
Not very flakey, but don't expect volume or lenght. Just a nice black color.
I absolutly do NOT reccomend this.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't understand all of these negative reviews! Great Lash Waterproof has never flaked, caused raccoon eyes, or clumped on my lashes. The Blackest Black darkens my blah-brown eyelashes significantly. I have very straight eyelashes, and this is hands down the best mascara for getting them to keep shape after I use a curler. I have been wearing this mascara every day this week during an insane heat wave. It's been humid as heck, plus I've been swimming every night. This mascara won't budge until I hit it with a good eye makeup remover before bed. It even stays on through a shower! I am amazed.

I also love the brush on this mascara. It's small and stiff, making it easy to separate all of my lashes -- even the little tiny ones. This stuff is so good that I don't feel the need to wear eyeliner on a daily basis. It evenly covers from my lash line to the tips, making me look like I naturally have dark, perfectly shaped lashes.

I know Carmindy has touted this mascara and often uses it on What Not to Wear. I can totally see why.

on 7/3/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I always get raccoon eyes when I wear eyeliner or mascara. This waterproof version is ok but not great. It does make my lashes look a little more voluminous, but some of my lashes will clump together on the first application. My eyes also felt a little dry when wearing it.

My non-waterproof mascara usually begins running within a few hours. This waterproof one held up for about five hours before running. Guess that is better than nothing. I'd buy it again if I can't find a better waterproof mascara, and it is pretty inexpensive.

on 6/28/2010 5:47:00 PM

I am so surprised to see all the negative reviews of this product!! I have been using this mascara for years now as my everyday mascara, and I love it. I have very sensitive eyes, and wear contacts, but this mascara did not irritate my eyes at all. I have not experienced the flaking or clumping that many other people seem to have. Overall, I love this mascara and have repurchased many times. It can't be beat for the price, so i would suggest giving it a try.

on 6/11/2010 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was hoping it would be a less expensive travel alternative to my regular mascara. What a mistake. This is the worst mascara I have ever tried both in the regular formula and waterproof. I can deal with the clumping and the fact that it makes my lashes stick together - those problems can be fixed. The problem I can't fix is the flaking. This stuff flakes a lot even with only a light application at the outer edge of my upper lashes.

on 5/30/2010 8:00:00 PM

Same disappointment as the original formula. Don't waste your money on this product!

on 5/30/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

There's nothing special about this mascara. I wouldn't buy it again.