October 1, 2014 | 1645 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by marygor0und

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I always get raccoon eyes when I wear eyeliner or mascara. This waterproof version is ok but not great. It does make my lashes look a little more voluminous, but some of my lashes will clump together on the first application. My eyes also felt a little dry when wearing it.

My non-waterproof mascara usually begins running within a few hours. This waterproof one held up for about five hours before running. Guess that is better than nothing. I'd buy it again if I can't find a better waterproof mascara, and it is pretty inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sarah1208

I am so surprised to see all the negative reviews of this product!! I have been using this mascara for years now as my everyday mascara, and I love it. I have very sensitive eyes, and wear contacts, but this mascara did not irritate my eyes at all. I have not experienced the flaking or clumping that many other people seem to have. Overall, I love this mascara and have repurchased many times. It can't be beat for the price, so i would suggest giving it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by zazubinx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping it would be a less expensive travel alternative to my regular mascara. What a mistake. This is the worst mascara I have ever tried both in the regular formula and waterproof. I can deal with the clumping and the fact that it makes my lashes stick together - those problems can be fixed. The problem I can't fix is the flaking. This stuff flakes a lot even with only a light application at the outer edge of my upper lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

Same disappointment as the original formula. Don't waste your money on this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by elloshort

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

There's nothing special about this mascara. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by purpletiger79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never liked this mascara, as I have pretty long lashes and need something more substantial for a mascara. The only person I know who loved it was my mother-in-law, who had next-to-nothing lashes that were as fine as cat hair. This was the only mascara she could use, mostly due to the tiny brush and the thinness to the product. I prefer Lancome Definicils mascara, which I use after the Cils Booster. All mascaras look better over a lash conditioner, and the best ones are Lancome's and Estee Lauder's. It's like putting foundation over moisturizer. Works great every time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mascara12345

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate it! i like my lashes to have some volume! this was the thinest mascara i have ever tryed! it seemed like i had to apply like ten coats just to make it visible! it wasnt even that waterproof! it didnt hold my curl, oh and it wasnt that black.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MochaChocolatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is not that great for my lashes. It does nothing to separate them, if anything it seems like its sticking them together with its bristles. I like the fact that the small wand was able to coat my inner lashes easily however. The formula does not hold a curl at all and barely looks like my lashes are thicker.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by delightfullydorky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand all the hatred for this mascara. I don't think it's *that* bad. Sure, it isn't fabulous, and I wouldn't wear it if I were going for a dramatic look. But as far as everyday, natural, daytime looks go it's actually pretty good. I'm wearing it right now, and after twelve hours I see no smudges. Also, this is the only brown mascara I've been able to find in a waterproof formula. Every other drugstore brand has "brownish black" in waterproof, but not brown, which I like to use for natural looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara is really waterproof. After cycling in the rain it's still on. I don't really like it. It smears and clumps. It works good on my lower lashes, but my upperlashes don't get the separation I want. They also don't curl enough. I like this one better than the non waterproof version.