Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

3.9

******NEW FORMULA: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane CrosspolymerSilica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77491/Iron Oxide, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

on 6/13/2010 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have finally found my HG primer!

I have to admit, I used to be one of those people who didn't believe in primer. I had never found one that did what it promised to do in minimising pores and smoothing out the texture of skin. I used to just use moisturiser instead.

Not anymore! I love this product. I have never had that bad of a problem of trying to combat oily skin through makeup so I can't really comment on that aspect except to say that I THINK my nose is a little less shiny at the end of the day - but this product is SO GREAT for minimising pores. I have quite large ones and they are the bane of my life. I also have slightly uneven skin texture from acne scarring. This primer smooths everything out and fills the pores - my foundation sits lovely on top of it.

It is fairly expensive for such a small jar, but everyone is right in saying a little goes a long way and I can see this lasting quite a few months.

I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a primer that will fill pores to create a smoother base for foundation, rather than to control oily skin.

PROS: Fills in pores/light wrinkles very well. Silky smooth texture (a little less gunky than Sephora's Immediate Wrinkle Filler.) Helps makeup last a little longer.

CONS: If you're oily, this may not work for you. Some won't like that it comes in a jar that can be contaminated with fingers. Wish they made one with a more neutral color base (not so pink). (I'm N15, leaning to NC, with ruddy patches.) But most of this smooths in where you hardly see a color change.

ALTERNATES: L'Oreal's Studio Secret Professional Magic Perfecting Base Primer leaves you a little less oily than this, and it's much cheaper.

APPLICATION TIPS: Tap into deepest pores. Wait a minute before applying foundation so it has time to set. For eyes, I prefer an eye cream instead.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you get clogged pores, you may want to remove this with something like a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser so that it doesn't clog your pores.

on 6/10/2010 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Got it as a gift and Its just ok, the trick is using it lightly...I like the finish it gives my foundation or powder

on 5/30/2010 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was given this by a friend who wanted the wrinkle blurring effects but was dissapointed by the matte effect (She likes the dewy look) so I gave this a go.
A couple of uses later where I perfected my way of using this has made it a great product for me.
Because it does have a "Siliconeish" feel to it (Too smooth and a little greasy feeling for my taste) I am careful to apply a very small amount after my moisturiser has sunk in and about 5 mins before applying make up to all the problem areas of my face (Areas that get shiny and the more aged areas and under the eyes)
I definatley see a blurring effect on the more aged areas so that the skin texture looks better and notice that as the day goes on I dont seem to be as oily in the t zone.
As the best effect for me is on the improvement of texture, I feel that the younger ladies without ageing issues and are buying this product to make their make up last better or combat oilies would be maybe better with a different primer.It would certainly be a great product for those who are lucky enough not to have to wear foundation as it would blur any lines but would still look very natural. Also would be great for gents too!

on 5/16/2010 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a great primer for people with combination skin. It really helps my foundation to not accentuate my dry, scaly patches; it also helps mattify my nose a bit; lastly, and most importantly, it doesn't break me out. It has very little scent, and a nice velvet-cream texture. HG primer for me!

on 5/14/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I was giving this product as a gift. My concealer and powder went on really great. It left me with a satin/silk look which is great for me because my skin is very oily.

on 5/14/2010 5:21:00 PM

I really don't rate this product at all, and its so expensive for what it is. I bought this after reading really good reviews on it but it seriously doesn't seem to do anything for my skin at all and definitely doesn't improve the way my foundation goes on. I find the feel of it almost unpleasant on my skin as it makes your skin feel almost too smooth, like you know something is sitting on top of your skin to make it feel that way although I didnt find that it smoothed out fine lines on my skin at all. I also hate the way you have to dig your nails in to get the product out when its getting near the end its really unhygenic. There are way better primers out there so I wouldn't waste your money on it.

on 5/14/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this after hearing people rave about it .. I honestly dont know why anyone would rave about thisproduct . It did Nothing ! It didnt smooth anything for me and made my oily skin worse and i can honestly say it made my Make up look worse not better. Big No no to this product esp for any Oily girls.

This is the weirdest product! I'm not exactly sure how to rate it because when it works it WORKS but when it doesn't it's HORRIBLE. There is such a fine line between the right amount and too much. If you are in a hurry this product can create a nightmare. When too much is applied it goes gummy like a eraser "balls" and you have to start over. I rated it a 2 because when you are careful it works very well, but it is just not user friendly. I won't buy this again as I know there are better ones out there.

on 5/11/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the worst primer imaginable. The texture is almost like a think moisturizer but if you use just a little it can work. But the bad part about this is that there's NO SLIP.. it does not provide a good base to smooth foundation over. Does not control oil not make my foundation appear any different. I used this for nearly a week before I gave up on it.. all the while I had small break outs on my cheeks.. mainly cos my cheeks are sensitive, so if you are like me.. don't get this..

Thought it was worth it for the price but this is crap. Returned it to sephora ASAP....