Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 1/26/2013 6:23:00 PM

This tinted moisturizer is a big disappointment. The price is expansive, the application is messy, the texture is dry, the finish is cakey... it has everything I hate from a foundation product. If you have oily skin, go with a regular oil-free foundation, if you have combination skin, go with a water-based foundation, if you have dry skin, go with a cream product, if you want light coverage with moisture, go with a bb cream. This product look oily on oily skin, look dry on dry skin, will not buy it again in a million years. BTW i loved LM products but this product changed my mind about LM, and I will stick with Bobbi Brown.

on 1/26/2013 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this foundation to use as a light foundation in the summer. I didn't really use it this summer, as I started wearing mineral makeup more often. However, I started using the tinted moisturizer as a quick foundation in the winter- and it works great at evening my skin tone out (my skin's not that bad. If my skin was worse, this tinted moisturizer wouldn't really cover much). It does a good job of just making my skin look better than it does by itself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have wanted to write a review for this product for some time now. This is my second tube of the Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer.
This is a great product for people with flawless skin. Unfortunately I have oily acne-prone skin, so this product did not cut it.

I went to Sephora wanting to try a tinted moisturizer because I was tired of using foundations that had a heavy mask-like effect. I was really excited to try this product and stuck with it. I must say that this was perfect for the summer, yet not so great in the winter as it did not provide enough hydration.

I would not recommend this product for men and women who want to cover up acne scars. This does not provide any coverage. I found that it was okay when I applied it and topped it off with the Sephora mattifying powder foundation.

Overall, I recommend this to anyone that needs sheer coverage and want a healthy glow. Since I do need heavier coverage for my acne prone skin, I am now trying the Laura Mercier oil-free supreme foundation, which I will try to review for in the future.
For a tinted moisturizer it is expensive, however a tube lasts a really long time, so it is worth the money.
Hope everyone has better luck with this product!

on 1/8/2013 5:02:00 PM

not moisturizing, looks cakey by the end of the day, not much coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love the way this tinted moisturizer looks on my skin - it leaves it looking brighter and really evens out my complexion. the coverage is actually pretty good for a tinted moisturizer without being heavy or cakey at all. this product has also lasted me a really long time so it is worth the price. it hasn't broken me out and it doesn't make my oily skin look oily like some tinted moisturizers do. I highly recommend this product!

on 12/20/2012 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update: Kinda realized this is like glue and is giving my blackheads, oxidizes, and is too oily... sigh

This product actually helped my skin rather than hurt it. I couldn't believe how clear my skin was when I started using it...Even my dermatologist was floored. It just helps mattify (with blotting once a day). Its very sheer coverage, but what I find it people dont look at your flaws, they look at the overall which this product help improve. I really really love it and dont even feel the need to wear concealer on scars when I use it. I feel like LM makes product for acne prone skin.. I just love her stuff. A win every single time.

on 12/16/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Bought this at Sephora at SGD$68 in Nude shade (MAC NC25-30). Texture of the TM is quite runny and oozes out when I first opened it. Coverage wise, it’s very sheer and does not cover my light acne scars much. However, it does cover redness. I have oily skin and this shines after 2-3 hrs, when used together with the LM translucent loose powder. I believe that there are other TMs out there that does a better job than this, considering the price of this. I will not be re-purchasing this due to its sheer coverage (too sheer for my liking, though it’s a TM) and price.

You’ll probably like this if you have clear skin (with no blemishes, scars etc) and dry to slightly combi skin.

on 12/13/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't lather this product on so much so that it does not feel as cakey (as some other reviews have claimed), but i do use Laura Mercier's Universal invisible loose setting powder which sets the makeup perfectly- evening out the coverage and ensuring less shine. Did not break out from using this product and it does an okay job at controlling the oil on my face. The smell however is atrocious, but i try to ignore it knowing that it gets the job done.
A lot of people prefer to use their hands to apply the product, but personally using an ordinary stippling brush allows for a less cakey feeling while still providing the right amount of coverage desired.

on 12/11/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this tinted moisturizer more, but I don't find it's that special. Since I have acne prone skin, I bought the oil-free tinted moisturizer, but it still made me break out during the first couple days using it, although this doesn't happen anymore. I really like the colour, since it matches my skin perfectly and makes my skin look glowy, but all in all, its just another tinted moisturizer.

on 11/15/2012 1:12:00 PM

This product was great for the coverage I wanted. I had asked the sephora lady that I was looking for light coverage and something quick and easy that doesn't involve many steps in the morning. Only bad thing I don't like is the smell. It has a very strong SPF scent. I'm getting used to it now, but I can still smell it. Consistency is easy to apply, not too thick more on the watery side compared to many other moisturizers. I have ouly t-zone so I also apply the white translucent powder powder from sephora's line on top to help maintain the oil. If I don't apply the powder ill still look shiny with just this oil-free tinted moisturizer.

I will consider buying this again since it matches my skin color nicely and easy to tote around. But I might've found a new love- smashbox bb cream. :)