April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by nicolettarocchiccioli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love these pencils, i have them in 4 different colours and will buy more, they are so creamy and long lasting with intense colour payoff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I've been using Truly Brown instead of MAC's Fluidline in Dipdown. This is more of a neutral true brown and it lasts longer than the Fluidline. It also has stronger pigmentation, lending to its superior lasting power. Since I like my eyeliner to be fairly light in application, I smudge with an eyeliner brush after applying it and it leaves a softer line. I still want to try Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner in Espresso.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very nice eye liner. My only complaint is that I cannot get a thin enough line when using these, so most of the time I use my liquid liner. The best thing are about this product is it's staying power!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this eyeliner, especially the wide range of colours that are available. GOSH is a great brand for having lots of colour options. This eyeliner is very soft and easy to apply, however it is not exactly waterproof/smudgeproof. I used to have the dark brown shade and it would smudge under my eyes, so I don't use that colour anymore. I only use the lighter shades now, because it won't matter as much if they smudge a little. My favourite GOSH eyeliner is Extreme Art, which is VERY waterproof! (no smudging with that one!), but the Velvet Touch ones are good if you prefer a pencil instead of a liquid. Overall, it is not "waterproof" but is still better than most pencil eyeliners out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I love these. I had quit using pencils for a long time (I used to be a religious user of Lancome pencils which always smudged), and decided to try these after reading about them somewhere (prob. here). They go on so smoothly; they are really creamy and easy to apply. I have no problem with them smudging. I think they are every bit as good as the MAC kohl, (which I also have), for way less money. I have Black Ink, Metallic Brass (my absolute favourite), Funky Violet, Golden Moss, and Hypnotic Grey. The Funky Violet is very violet and you have to be careful with applying it or it may make you look a little ill. I have to note that I do use UD Primer under these. I did use them this summer in the heat of Italy without the primer, and they held up really well - no smudging, but did fade. Will buy again and again. UPDATE: Can't even rave about these enough! I LOVE THEM!!!!! Bought Petrol recently, and it is the only one I don't love - it goes on a tiny bit clumpy, but is still great. These never smudge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought one out of curiosity - i'm more of a MAC/bobbi brown/MUFE and NARS kind of gal - and the whole brand image kind of felt like a rip-off of these.

i was soooo pleasantly surprised!

these pencils glide on, and stay put. the EOTD that i added to the product pictures is done in pretty petrol (shimmery blue-gray) and green grass (straight-up green) set with some MAC e/s in matching colors (moon's reflection, warm chill). the picture was taken AFTER 2 hours of sweaty dancing.

i used to HATE pencil liners, because they just wouldn't stay - i still like gel/liquid, as it's more precise, but i can safely say that i love these to apply on the go. i own four colors: pretty petrol, green grass, metallic brass (similar to MAC blitz n glitz but in a pencil form) and purple stain (bright bluish violet). wide range of colors, price is ok (a bit expensive for a drugstore product, but hey, it works).

only thing i don't like is that when i first bought the pencil in pretty petrol, the liner was not smooth going on. it was because the tip had dried out a little bit while it was on display. but it turned out to be ok when i sharpened it, and then it had the same smooth consistency as the others. will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm using this eyeliner in black inc from GOSH already for years and years. Maybe that's the reason why I forgot to review this... I can compare to all the big ones: Dior, Sisley, HR, EL, YSL,... Color setts better then Lancome, i think. Nothing beats this. Weird to read that on some of you it doesn't stay put on the water line. I always use it on the water line and it never fails... nor creases, smudges,... Cannot imagine I will try ever sompthing else. Dirt cheap too. A winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by btangel

I use this product daily and it last all day. BRAS2245 it says one the website: Warning: May not be used on the moist edge inside the lower lashes. http://www.goshamericas.com/eye.asp That is why you are having problems with it. It lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by bras2245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really like this product. I'm surprised, because I love everything else I have from GOSH. I got this in 'Metallic Brass' because I wanted something less harsh than black for my waterline, but this doesn't last 2 seconds. It's ok for lining the top lid, similar in texture to UD 24/7 or Prestige Total Intensity, but almost too soft and smudgy. It's a shame because there's an amazing color selection, but I can't see myself repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Melanieexx

My favourite eyeliner :)
It glides on smoothly, not tugging atall on your skin. It is waterproof and long lasting.
Overall a great eyeliner, highly reccomended.