GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

4.5

on 11/21/2009 2:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I saw this in a brilliant blue on a friend when we went to the water park on a rainy day, and was amazed at how vibrant it looked and how it didn't budge at all. I waited for it to go on sale and got it in a basic black. I've worn it once just on a normal day out and haven't dared to try it again because it smudged and made me look tired!

on 11/17/2009 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is perfection in a pencil! Until I discovered GOSH Velvet Touch liners I was a devout MAC fluidline user, but a friend recommended I try these and I am so glad I did! They wear almost exactly like my beloved fluidline - soft and creamy on application, you have some time to smudge/blend as you see fit but after a few minutes it SETS. No smearing or smudging even on my oily skin. If anything I would say that these "set" much faster than fluidline, and (for me) it is easier to apply these lightly via pencil than it is (for me) via brush. I usually end up wearing fluidline a little on the heavy side. Other than that I have no problem applying fluidline, but it sure is nice to have a pencil and not have that one more brush to wash each day. (OK, OK so I'm LAZY!)

I have used two colors so far:

Truly Brown - this is a dark brown, leaning towards black. Just slightly darker than MAC Dipdown fluidline.

Bananas - OMG instant love! This is a pale iridescent gold color that gives a lovely POP to the eyes. I would not use this for my upper lash line as I prefer darker eyeliner there, but this is lovely for inner corners or lower waterline/lash line. I have a current obsession with Smashbox Oyster and NYX Barely There eye shadows and this pencil is pretty much the eyeliner version of those eye shadows. My eyes are on the green side of hazel and adore these pale golds, and at my recommendation my BFF with blue eyes also tried this liner and loves it as well.

GOSH Velvet Touch liners are available at SDM and retail for $13 each. Well worth that price, but the best part is they have SALES! (Take THAT MAC!). GOSH just recently had a two day 40% off sale at SDM and I picked up these liners for $7.80 each.

I dare you to find a comparable eyeliner for that price!

on 11/17/2009 1:51:00 PM

Absolutely adore this eyeliner. I've repurchased 'Hypnotic grey' three times now (only because I've lost the other two... they last for ages!) without even trying to find a new brand, because it's such a brilliant eyeliner. Really creamy and soft in texture so goes on like a dream, but also stays put (surprisingly, as due to its texture you'd think otherwise) all day.

Lasts all day without any smudging on my lash line, and while it needs a few touch ups on my waterline it still stays put. Unlike other eye liners I've used in the past it doesn't tend to bleed, but smudges (in a nice way!) only very slightly when put on my waterline which makes my eyes look all smokey and ahhhh! Would definitely recommend hypnotic grey as opposed to the absolute black, just SLIGHTLY less intense but still makes your eyes look incredibly defined.

It IS quite expensive but so so worth the price. Definitely buying my fourth as soon as this one runs out!

on 11/15/2009 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love these eyeliners! There are a billion colours to choose from, and they really are waterproof and do not crease at all throughout the day.
The best thing about thse eyeliners are that they are multi-purpose. They can be used as a coloured shadow base, or even as a lipliner. Would repurchase again and again.

on 10/30/2009 12:46:00 AM

One of the best drugstore liners i have ever used, goes on smooth like a dream, and the intensity of colour is great, and lasts long on my waterline. Will continue to buy this.

on 10/19/2009 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was on the look out for a great purple eyeliner to use on my waterline. This isn't it, but it's lovely anyway! I was really impressed with the intensity of the colour and the staying power. It may disappear on my waterline, but on my lash line it will last all day and into the night with a primer. In fact, it's so good that sometimes it can be a little bit difficult to get off gently. It isn't the cheapest eyeliner, but for a special colour it's not too bad, and despite being very soft, it hasn't worn away quickly at all. I think I've only had to sharpen it three times in two months. Will definitely buy again.

on 9/29/2009 10:08:00 AM

I love them. The colours, texture, staying power and price are amazing. I think I like them better then M.A.C Technicolors.... I cant believe I have just written that!

They are really pigmented and the apply really smooth and soft with hardly any effort. Unlike some DS eyeliners they look expensive on the eye and I really recommend that everyone gives them a go!!!

Go on treat yourself.... I'm going to get more!

Love these pencils, i have them in 4 different colours and will buy more, they are so creamy and long lasting with intense colour payoff.

on 9/20/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using Truly Brown instead of MAC's Fluidline in Dipdown. This is more of a neutral true brown and it lasts longer than the Fluidline. It also has stronger pigmentation, lending to its superior lasting power. Since I like my eyeliner to be fairly light in application, I smudge with an eyeliner brush after applying it and it leaves a softer line. I still want to try Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner in Espresso.

on 9/14/2009 8:37:00 PM

Very nice eye liner. My only complaint is that I cannot get a thin enough line when using these, so most of the time I use my liquid liner. The best thing are about this product is it's staying power!

Top Rated GOSH Products