August 30, 2014 | 982 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by sita25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've had this for a while now, and i really like it, even though it only has .5 salycic acid, it still seems to work for me. The texture is creamy, but not oily. It has enough pigment to cover, and when used with a cleanser it actually works to decrease blemishes. I'll cleanse with olay's cream cleanser w/ microbeads, then i'll apply this (in medium/deep) with the wand, and blend it with a nonlatex sponge. The finish is slightly matte, but it dries up quickly, so you have to blend quickly. I wouldn't recommend this for very dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Aerischan

Not the best concealer in the world.
I have really dark circles due to studying a lot and not going out a lot. I have sensitive skin and acne scars on my cheeks.

Okay what does this concealer accomplish? Not much.
The product is quite heavy on the skin and hard to blend.
It doesn't cover my dark circles very well. And has a bad finish. Won't leave you with a natural look.
It has a medium coverage over my acne scars and doesn't completely cover up the red spots.
Not worth it at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff sucks. I got this on sale at CVS but it was still sort of expensive for a drugstore concealer, I wasn't expecting this to be around ten dollars when it's not on sale o_o. Granted this is the first concealer I've used I don't have much to compare it to. I used it on my chin for my winter formal as I had some spots there but the color did not match my skin color well and it looked kind of awful in some of my photos (I probably did not get the right shade though so that is probably my fault). I tried to use it again a couple of days ago to cover up a pimple I have and it did nothing. It did not cover the redness at all, only the area surrounding it, which was annoying. I'm actually not put off by the scent or the packaging too much, but this just does not work. Will probably try the studiofinish concealer instead when I get the chance.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by kallalily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot BELIEVE this product has such good ratings. I'm a big fan of Revlon's Colorstay line, so I bought this on a BOGO sale buying my third bottle of Colorstay foundation. What. A. waste. I used this twice and already the bottle looks half empty. The doe foot aplicator is stubby and hard. The consistency watery. I put it on a blemish and it slid right off and formed a beige donut cake around my blemish. The FOUNDATION is thicker and more opaque than this concealer! No joke! How insane is that?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by w0wa

This concealer is pretty good for a drugstore product. It has medium coverage, I actually wish it had better coverage since it's meant to cover zits. I might buy again if I'm on a tight budget but otherwise I would recommend MAC Select Cover-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I love this concealer :) I have been wanting to try this concealer for quite some time now, however I always passed it up. I liked the idea that it controls blemishes, because usually at the end of the month, I get a pesky blemish or two that are really hard to cover- and this does the job wonderfully! I recently has a chance to swap for this, and I recived the color medium, which is the perfect Match for my NC20-25 skintone with yellow undertones......another reason why I love Revlon, the foundations and concealer cater to so many undertones- from pink to yellow to peach. I like using this under my eyes before, or after my foundation depending on the day- it covers flawlessely and looks nice and even. I would say the coverage of this concealer is somewhat heavy, so if you like more of a sheer coverage I wouldnt try this....however, blending it with a damp sponge does sheer it out very nicely. I'm very pleased with this product, and Revlon in general for the Foundation and Concealer from the the Colorstay line :) I would say the items are very comparable to the MAC studio fix foundation/concealer products (and I have personally tried both, and they are nearly identical- the only difference is the price!)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by blaura737

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is definitely the best concealer I've used so far!
It hides redness pretty well, and it blends easily.
As for size reduction in blemishes, I have noticed that it helps a VERY little bit, but nothing miraculous...I put some of this onto the top of my hand, and then just use my fingertip to apply to my face and blend..although I plan on buying a concealer brush for better and quicker application. Even though it cost a bit more than I usually spend on makeup (especially concealers), that $9 was worth it!!! :D
UPDATE: WRONG wrong color for me!!! In better light, I saw that it was so flippin noticeable that I was wearing concealer via bringing attention to the places I was trying to camoflauge! uggh I gave this to my mom becasue she has darker skin than me...and I got this in light-medium!?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by sofaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through 3 packages of this stuff, which says how much I love this product. It has great coverage, and a little goes a long way. What attracted me to this product was the 0.5% of salicylic acid. Okay, so it isn't that much, but better than nothing right? For reference, I got this in fair medium, and it is the perfect shade for my skin tone. I found that using a small concealer brush does the job the best. I use a small concealer brush from the Coastal Scents travel brush kit. I use this concealer to help conceal acne scars. As for helping make pimples smaller, I don't think it does the job. Infact, I think it makes the pimple bigger. However, I do notice that it helps prevent pimples. Before using this, I got a lot of pimples around my upper lip area, and now I hardly ever have any pimples there. I think I'd prefer if the concealer was in a pump. The doe foot shaped wand makes it hard to get to all the product on the bottom, I find. But really, it's a great product that's worth buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Rustumbobbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is nice. I do reallyy like this for my lids and under my eyes! but it does not work good for my blemishes and my acne scaring! plus the colour selection is really bad! I'm not sure if I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by kirad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good colors & blendable. i really like it & it seems to help clear my skin