December 18, 2014 | 1623 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Felicia99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ever since my teens I have been an outdoors person and my skin has been abused a lot. The "Clinique Super City Block" has been protect my skin when exposed under the sun. It does not look abused any more. The biggest difference has been the reduction of freckles on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I just didnt have a positive experience with this sunscreen. After hearing so many rave reviews, i got a sample from my local clinique counter, and was eager to try it. However, the texture was really ordinary and it also made my face look a weird colour. Only tried it once, removed it straight away and wouldnt look at it again. Disappointing product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nati777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product! A thin layer does a lot. My t zone tends to get a little oily by the end of the day...but this product keeps it at bay. I use the nars sheer glow on top of this and together it works perfectly! My skin feels protected, hydrated, smooth, and it looks great! It's the perfect primer and sunblock for my face!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by annasova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible Sunblock. It did not irritate my sensitive skin but it "balls" up and makes my face look like its peeling. WOuld not buy again and do NOt recommend this to anyone. I have oily skin and it made my face look dry while at the same time at the end of the day it was an oily mess with the sunscreen balling up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

This does contain chemical ss actives, aswell as physicals. For me, this is not something I would buy again. It does tend to ball up and flake off if you apply too much. It also can be a tad drying (not all physical sunscreens have to dry your skin out!). I prefer Invisible Zinc to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by annaddme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product looks super oily even with powder over the top, straight away my skin was shiny. The only plus is how high the SPF is.
*UPDATE*
My skin type had changed and its now quite normal/dry, i use this on the weekend and its perfect. it evens out my skin tone and really calms down my skins redness. Perfect for summertime.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

Pros: super effective physical sunblock, not chemical, which is good since the chemical ones sting my skin. The price is reasonable for such a great must have product. Cons: does clog my pores, but I began applying primer underneath (see my review for the Monistat Chafing Gel - this provides a great barrier). Product has a slight tint that gives a gray cast to my fair skin, so I began adding a drop of a warmer toned liquid foundation to it on my fingertips and mixing together before applying. I basically apply this as I would apply a cleanser - all over face and neck. HG sunblock for me. I just repurchased and will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by vickiboise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: I've been using this for years and it's great...with 10% zinc oxide sun block (for physical block)...but I can't get past the white-ish haze it leaves behind on my face. It completely erases the warmth of my true skin color underneath. It looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and go for an even higher percentage zinc oxide block with a light foundation or tinted moisturizer on top.

Bottom line!
Clinique: I am not giving this a good review because I'm a Clinique junky.... their clarifying lotion has way to much alcohol in it (it's just alcohol, witch hazel, and water) and Dove Sensitive Skin soap is so much nicer to my skin. And if you want a good moisturizer, olive oil and pure aloe vera (YES! And I have very breakout prone skin and my skin LOVES it!)
Sensitive skin: I am 42 and have sensitive skin...very few cosmetics like it. I have been using this product for a few years...mainly under my makeup as a sunblock only (with no breakout issues due to it).
Sun protection: I cannot believe the sun protection! I actually did in-depth research on the absolute best block ingredient by ingredient, and this one won.
Foundation and highlighter: One day I decided to use it by itself, as I was just going to be in the backyard working. I've tried every product in the world to give me that dewy glow without any shine or sparkle...that youthful look. My mother was helping me paint that day and she said "you're makeup looks great today". And then my husband said the same thing. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I had that healthy, dewy glow I had been trying so hard to get. Now I just add a teeny squirt of regular foundation in the winter to it to give it just a bit more color. I am fair to medium. It may not have enough coverage for you.
All in all, take it from a sensitive girl.... it does the job without the breakouts! It's the alcohol in products that is breaking everyone out!!! I finally figured this out!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this sunscreen. It is easy to blend and does not leave an awful white residue due to the fact that it is slightly coloured (barely noticeable). The packaging is handy and it does not take too much space in my make up/golf bag. The only drawback is the smell of titanium dioxide - really strong.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by lulu2222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product as a primer. It's awful as a primer. I've tried liquid foundation and mousse foundation over it and I get a really bad "pilling" effect. I've waited about five minutes after applying the primer so it can dry before applying the make up but it still pills. So I will use the rest of primer on those days when I am not going to wear make up but I will never buy it again. Frankly, Monistat Powder Gel is still the best (and most economical) primer I've ever tried----no SPF but one can always wear a hat.