September 17, 2014 | 2080 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Cookie50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No sunscreen! And makes me miss MAC's stick foundation even more. Why oh why did they discontinue that? But anyway, the overall coverage of this is great, but not very kind to dry skins. My face is dry and flakey in the winter time and this stuff just emphasizes all of that. Will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Looks awfull on my skin. I get dry skin in the winter time so i bought this one since i usually love bobbi brown and this was a foundation for dry skin. I usually like cream foundation and loved the whole stick idea. BUT i Hate this one on me. I dont think this is a good foundation for dry skin at all. It really made my skin look super dry and emphasized dry patches like carzy.The coverage was not that great either. And it looks really cakey.A big no for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by unlitbutonfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I COULD NOT GET A PERFECT MATCH WITH THIS FOUNDATION; WARM NATURAL A LITTLE TOO LIGHT, HONEY WAS TOO PEACH, WARM HONEY A LITTLE TOO DARK. HOWEVER, I TRIED THE COLORS WARM NATURAL IN THE CENTER OF MY FACE AND WARM HONEY ON THE OUTER PART OF MY FACE, AND THE COLOR LOOKS GOOD. I JUST SWIPE THE FOUNDATION STICK ON AND BLEND WITH A DAMP SPONGE. SET WITH BEN NYE BANANA LOOSE POWDER AND I GET A FLAWLESS FINISH THAT LASTS ALL DAY AND NIGHT! THIS IS MEDIUM TO FULL COVERAGE SO I ONLY USE THIS WHEN I AM GOING OUT OR TAKING PHOTOS.

FOR EVERYDAY AT WORK AND ON WEEKENDS, I USE THE COLOR HONEY FOR MY DARK UNDEREYE DISCOLORATION (WORKS BETTER THAN THE BB CONCEALER, FOR ME) AND A DUSTING OF SHISEIDO'S STM PERFECT SMOOTHING POWDER FOUNDATION IN 060.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by piradanan9

It s easy to use even by your fingers. It s good when you have not much time to do your full step make up. It s not thick and medium cover. I used as concealer and also like foundation. My skin type is combination so this is fine for me after fews hours my face still alright not oily but not long lasting for all day. I feel irritate also after using so I stop use it now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I originally wrote a two star review fr this, but now i luv it cuz it suits my skin in colder months somehow? Colour match is awesome. Lasting power is.not good. Edit- this breaks me out in the most horrific painful pimples! Every time! Ughhhh

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The shade I got is a perfect match for my skintone. Love that it is buildable up to a full coverage. Application is easy using a foundation brush. The only real disadvantage is much of the makeup transfers off throughout my work day, so by the end of the day just the tiniest bit of foundation is left. Have tried setting it with numerous loose powders/ compact powders but it still transfers off. Thus touching up makeup is a must if using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Jadeypops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after having a consultation on the Bobbi Brown counter. Went on perfectly and looked incredible at the counter (as foundations inevitably do when applied by a professional). However when I took it home and applied myself, I couldnt stand the texture. It felt like tar on my face, and if I didnt apply a large amount of powder (never a good look) it made me look like I'd dipped my face in olive oil. Lovely.
HOWEVER. After ignoring it, I came back to it a couple of weeks ago. Armed with my new Bobbi Brown foundation brush I decided that its time to give it another shot. I used it more as a concealer over my Garnier BB cream, and OH MY! Because I wasnt using it as an all-over base, it didnt feel so heavy. And as ever with Bobbi Brown foundations the colour is perfect for me. I definitely recommend this more as a concealer than a foundation because I think it's just that little bit too heavy (unless you have very dry skin, which I dont).
Overall, now I've worked out a way that works for me I love it. And because I'm usin it as a concealer, the tube lasts for absolutely ages. Winner all-round I say!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this stuff for on the go.

Its not matte which I like better. There is a large color range and it has not broken me out. Covers pretty well, but looks natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Colour:
I got this in the color Warm Honey, and it matches my skin pretty well! For reference, MAC SFF NC45 is orange on my skin, NC42 is too light, i assume i'm probably NC44. I have strong yellow undertones to my skin, and this was the only foundation i found that was yellow enough to not be ashy. It isnt an all-out yellow, but it still matches, and honestly i'm kind of glad i found this after countless swatchings at Sephora, drugstores, and beyond. BB's wisdom of everyone having yellow undertones to their skin? not true, but hey, i get a yellow-based foundation, i'm not complaining.

Texture:
The consistency is kind of creamy, a little bit oily, feels a bit thick when you're wearing it and i have oilycombo skin, so technically, according to beauty wisdom this should be a no-no for me, I disagree. The creamier the product, the more natural the foundation looks. And i swear this stick goes on like SKIN. Say goodbye to MAC. Hello to skin that actually looks like skin. Doesnt feel fantastic, but its a price you pay for now until a better one that does everything comes along. Feels like goo but looks like skin. Contrast this to other foundations that feel amazing but don't cover at all, or look like goo. Funny isnt it. Hah.

Coverage:
In the BB site, its stated as Medium to Full. honestly it goes on medium, when you blend it down it loses a bit of its coverage, but if you want to really get full coverage, i think you gotta swipe it directly and leave it there without blending, coz i don't see how this can translate into full-coverage. But i don't care, coz full coverage, to me, looks a bit unnatural. My spots arent that bad and my skin's not that bad, so i don't see the necessity anw.

Staying power:
Slips and slides unless you set it with a loose powder, but i don't. Creams by nature slip and in all honesty i don't really care. With all the mask-y foundations around now, as long as it looks natural i don't mind re-applying. I swipe it on my under-eye area, bridge of my nose, middle of my forehead and my chin, sort of a T-shape, and then blend it out. Looks super natural i swear. If i set it with a powder, it mattes out a bit for a while, but the creaminess/oiliness seeps out within an hour, especially in hot, humid Singapore. Which should be a disaster, but it actually doesnt look bad. It melts into your skin (NOT AWAY), and nobody can tell you are wearing makeup, I SWEAR. This actually gets better as the day goes to me, in terms of looking like you aren't wearing any makeup.

Photo-taking:
Has no spf, is yellow-based, hence takes photos FLAWLESSLY. love love love this foundation for flash photos, actually photos of any kind. It is no wonder why MUAs use this and the stick itself was what put BB on the MU limelight. If you are a camwhore, this is HG. Less photoshopping required. (reflects light a bit if you don't set it, so choose a shade that isnt lighter than your skin when you swatch, don't worry when i mean reflect light, it isnt WHITE like most other foundations)

Packaging:
Classic, petite. When you take it out in public to reapply, it actually looks good. BB comes out with super posh packaging. Is it a plus? If the price was lower then maybe.

Price:
EXORBITANT. 60 Sing dollars. For a tiny product. The amount you get is seriously tiny. 0.9g or 0.31 fluid ounces. Compare this to the MUFE HD foundation or revlon photostay, which are 1 fluid ounce. I know its a fantastic product and all. But still. 1 lippie off for price.
Unfortunately, until a cheaper product with the same features comes along, i got no choice but to repurchase.

EDIT: It oxidises darker than my skintone. One shade up 5 Honey is too pink. Two shades up Warm Natural is yellow-based, but too light. I might buy the Warm natural and mix with this to get my perfect shade when i'm not broke. But nevertheless, i maintain that you cannot take a bad photo with this.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mgarland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use it with a foundation brush, I covers my redden roseacea nose well. I use it mostly as a concelear.Love that is is really portable.Does not break my out