April 21, 2014 | 1749 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation! I don't know why, but I get the best coverage off of stick foundations. I guess it's because it's creamy enough, but not as fluid as a liquid, not as drying as powder foundations (I have dry skin). The BB foundation colors are generally a spot-on match - it really does "blend in" to the point where I don't see it on my skin anymore. I do recommend that you get "swatched" in person by a BB artist, because most I've met are very good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this online and did the best matching I could from their 'color swatches'. When I pulled this stick out of the box and swiveled it up, I thought NO WAY IN HADES was this going to match, it looked pure white. Silently cursing Sephora.com's color display, I drew a few lines here and there on my face with it as another reviewer suggested, and used my new Beautyblender sponge to blend it. I purposely put on WAY less product than I thought I'd need and yet it was still a little odd to blend.

This makeup felt heavier than I am used to, and it only highlighted the bumps in my skin. Despite lots of blending, it still seemed to ring the pores on my nose instead of providing coverage. The color match was dead on, I'd give it a 5 just for the great match. But the texture overall was ...dare I say, greasy-ish? Not as bad as PanStick but kind of in that family. It also showcased, for all to see, the few flaky areas I have thanks to my prescription topicals. In broad daylight it looked like I had Braille Face ...this stuff made the bumpies on my face act like beacons.

I tried this on both moisturized and non-moisturized skin; it spread much better on top of moisturizer. Application was a little sketchy with the Beautyblender but even worse with a foundation brush.

Sending it back b/c of the overall look it gave my skin. That's too bad because this color (Alabaster) was PERFECT!

EDIT: After wearing this for two days, my face is loaded with fresh zits and instead of just a few bumps I now have them all over. I am revising this down to one lippie because this kind of breakout is just not cool! it's going to take a week to undo all this damage.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by missbris003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is awesome when it comes to packaging, portability and ease of application. Swipe it on where needed, blend with a sponge and you're good. It's sleek and classy looking and because it's narrow and compact you can put it into your bag/purse or even pocket easily. However I have noticed it to to be 'chalky' looking once on. It may be a little too yellow for some skin-tones. It settles into pores/fine lines overtime if you don't wear a primer underneath. Although the formulation appears 'slick' when you apply it, it can actually be quite drying on the skin, and will accentuate dry patches by caking around them. Coverage is great. Applied with a damp sponge will go on fairly sheer and definatley buildable to full coverage, especially if you swipe the stick straight on your face. Unfortunately the price is horrendous for the amount you get/how quickly it goes. I live in New Zealand and it cost me $80 at the end of March - and it's over halfway gone. Admittedly I make sure most of my face has coverage, I don't just apply it to the areas I really need it, but even so, I cannot afford to spend $80 on foundation every 4 -5 months, which is how long it's going to last me judging by how quickly the stick is shortening. I would recommend it to busy women with already reasonably clear/smooth skin, because of its swipe and go factor, and because they wouldn't need to apply a whole lot. As for me, I will not purchase again because I personally feel the cons outweigh the pros.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mhxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation.

I ordered it online, and took a guess on my shade. I bought it to use as my 'fake tan foundation', so instead of the alabaster or porcelain shade I would usually opt for, I went for sand. It is the perfect match for my (fake tanned!) face, its blends excellently and offers a good coverage with a flawless finish.

I swipe it where I need that bit more coverage on my face, and blend it with a foundation brush, however it can also be applied with a damp sponge for lighter coverage.

It is so creamy, it doesn't accentuate any dry spots on my face, and certainly doesn't cause any further drying of my skin. This foundation is perfect for people like me with quite dry skin, but as it is NOT oil free, it is not suitable for people with oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by catlady21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product to use as a concealer over my tinted moisturiser. I often find that concealers emphasis any dry skin around my nose etc so heavy coverage foundation is often a better option.
The best stick foundation I have found for blendability so far is Max Factor's pan stick (which unfortunately has a poor selection of colours - the fair shade being far too pinky/orangey for my NC15 skin).
I purchased the BB foundation stick in warm ivory and found that the shade was a great match for my skin tone. The packaging was also exellent - very sturdy and portable.
Unfortunately I found this product did not blend well and emphasised any dry skin I have - this was even after applying it to well moisturised , exfoliated skin.The coverage was ok but I could still see redness after applying it. For being a foundation I found this product to be very drying. It also did not contain any SPF and at 27 here in the UK it is overpriced. I will not be repurchasing. The search for the perfect concealer continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Datplaygurlbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I went to Sephora to get matched for a new color and the makeup artist suggested the liqoud foundation. She matched me but it seemed a little pale. I noticed the Bobbi Brown stick foundation and decided to try it on while the make up artist walked away. It matched perfectly. The makeup is very lightweight, its not heavy at all. It matches so perfect that it doesnt even look like Im wearing make up. I will most defintely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by GlamourGirlAE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews on this, which all seem to be application issues, not product issues. I'm a makeup artist, and have been using Bobbi's Foundation Stick personally and professionally for years. This is my favorite foundation for myself, and to use on my clients. This is an incredible foundation if used correctly. Please note, this is a medium to full coverage foundation, and can also be used as a concealer. It has a very thick consistency, so if you are looking for a sheer coverage foundation, this is not for you. This foundation is NOT oil free. If you have problems with breakouts and blemishes, this is not the best option for you. I recommend this foundation for a dry, normal, or combination skin. Oily skin types may or may not like this, depending on the condition of your skin, as mentioned before, acne prone skin should stay away, but if you don't have problem skin, you may still like this foundation. As with all foundations, this performs best when set with powder. This is a cream formula, not a cream to powder. Overall, this foundation is very long wearing, gives a beautiful natural matte finish, great coverage, and is a classic iconic formula in the world of makeup. The best way to apply is to swatch a few "lines" on your face, (forehead, nose, chin, and each cheek), and blend with your fingers outward to your jawline/hairline. Blending this with your fingers will give you a full coverage, but if you want a medium coverage you can use a sponge or foundation brush. For those who had problems with this foundation, please consider an alternate application technique, or maybe this foundation is just not the best for your skin type. If this foundation is right for you, you will be thrilled with the results!

32 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is mainly used for full coverage, and in my opinion, should be applied on problem areas, such as areas with discoloration. I applied this wherever needed, and then the skin foundation SPF 15, and a lady at the bobbi brown store told the sales lady, 'i want skin like hers!'.

Love it, but i don't think it should be used on the whole face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont get it... Bobbi Brown has this foundation stick and then she has the touch up stick and it is exactly the same formula...

However, I LOVE the Natural Finish foundation but the Foundation stick is just toooooo much! It is so thick and heavy and NOT oil-free so I broke out like crazy. And when I read that some people use it all over the face I cant imagine what it would look like...

Im just gonna stick to the Natural Finish foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by susanwylie67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read a lot of reviews that said these didn't wear, and dragged when being applied etc. I didn't have that experiance at all. But, clearly with a stick formula, knowing it is thicker and dryer to hold it's shape, I think you have to prep your skin properly. I moisturize well, and wear a primer also. But, by doing those things I am able to use the stick only in the spots that need it, and as the shade is exactly suited for my skintone, it blends away perfectly. I top it with a little powder and I'm good to go. It has lasted me all day, with no touch up needed. It doubles as my concealor as well, and looks great. Love it!