July 28, 2014 | 1200 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The shade I got is a perfect match for my skintone. Love that it is buildable up to a full coverage. Application is easy using a foundation brush. The only real disadvantage is much of the makeup transfers off throughout my work day, so by the end of the day just the tiniest bit of foundation is left. Have tried setting it with numerous loose powders/ compact powders but it still transfers off. Thus touching up makeup is a must if using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Jadeypops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after having a consultation on the Bobbi Brown counter. Went on perfectly and looked incredible at the counter (as foundations inevitably do when applied by a professional). However when I took it home and applied myself, I couldnt stand the texture. It felt like tar on my face, and if I didnt apply a large amount of powder (never a good look) it made me look like I'd dipped my face in olive oil. Lovely.
HOWEVER. After ignoring it, I came back to it a couple of weeks ago. Armed with my new Bobbi Brown foundation brush I decided that its time to give it another shot. I used it more as a concealer over my Garnier BB cream, and OH MY! Because I wasnt using it as an all-over base, it didnt feel so heavy. And as ever with Bobbi Brown foundations the colour is perfect for me. I definitely recommend this more as a concealer than a foundation because I think it's just that little bit too heavy (unless you have very dry skin, which I dont).
Overall, now I've worked out a way that works for me I love it. And because I'm usin it as a concealer, the tube lasts for absolutely ages. Winner all-round I say!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this stuff for on the go.

Its not matte which I like better. There is a large color range and it has not broken me out. Covers pretty well, but looks natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Colour:
I got this in the color Warm Honey, and it matches my skin pretty well! For reference, MAC SFF NC45 is orange on my skin, NC42 is too light, i assume i'm probably NC44. I have strong yellow undertones to my skin, and this was the only foundation i found that was yellow enough to not be ashy. It isnt an all-out yellow, but it still matches, and honestly i'm kind of glad i found this after countless swatchings at Sephora, drugstores, and beyond. BB's wisdom of everyone having yellow undertones to their skin? not true, but hey, i get a yellow-based foundation, i'm not complaining.

Texture:
The consistency is kind of creamy, a little bit oily, feels a bit thick when you're wearing it and i have oilycombo skin, so technically, according to beauty wisdom this should be a no-no for me, I disagree. The creamier the product, the more natural the foundation looks. And i swear this stick goes on like SKIN. Say goodbye to MAC. Hello to skin that actually looks like skin. Doesnt feel fantastic, but its a price you pay for now until a better one that does everything comes along. Feels like goo but looks like skin. Contrast this to other foundations that feel amazing but don't cover at all, or look like goo. Funny isnt it. Hah.

Coverage:
In the BB site, its stated as Medium to Full. honestly it goes on medium, when you blend it down it loses a bit of its coverage, but if you want to really get full coverage, i think you gotta swipe it directly and leave it there without blending, coz i don't see how this can translate into full-coverage. But i don't care, coz full coverage, to me, looks a bit unnatural. My spots arent that bad and my skin's not that bad, so i don't see the necessity anw.

Staying power:
Slips and slides unless you set it with a loose powder, but i don't. Creams by nature slip and in all honesty i don't really care. With all the mask-y foundations around now, as long as it looks natural i don't mind re-applying. I swipe it on my under-eye area, bridge of my nose, middle of my forehead and my chin, sort of a T-shape, and then blend it out. Looks super natural i swear. If i set it with a powder, it mattes out a bit for a while, but the creaminess/oiliness seeps out within an hour, especially in hot, humid Singapore. Which should be a disaster, but it actually doesnt look bad. It melts into your skin (NOT AWAY), and nobody can tell you are wearing makeup, I SWEAR. This actually gets better as the day goes to me, in terms of looking like you aren't wearing any makeup.

Photo-taking:
Has no spf, is yellow-based, hence takes photos FLAWLESSLY. love love love this foundation for flash photos, actually photos of any kind. It is no wonder why MUAs use this and the stick itself was what put BB on the MU limelight. If you are a camwhore, this is HG. Less photoshopping required. (reflects light a bit if you don't set it, so choose a shade that isnt lighter than your skin when you swatch, don't worry when i mean reflect light, it isnt WHITE like most other foundations)

Packaging:
Classic, petite. When you take it out in public to reapply, it actually looks good. BB comes out with super posh packaging. Is it a plus? If the price was lower then maybe.

Price:
EXORBITANT. 60 Sing dollars. For a tiny product. The amount you get is seriously tiny. 0.9g or 0.31 fluid ounces. Compare this to the MUFE HD foundation or revlon photostay, which are 1 fluid ounce. I know its a fantastic product and all. But still. 1 lippie off for price.
Unfortunately, until a cheaper product with the same features comes along, i got no choice but to repurchase.

EDIT: It oxidises darker than my skintone. One shade up 5 Honey is too pink. Two shades up Warm Natural is yellow-based, but too light. I might buy the Warm natural and mix with this to get my perfect shade when i'm not broke. But nevertheless, i maintain that you cannot take a bad photo with this.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mgarland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use it with a foundation brush, I covers my redden roseacea nose well. I use it mostly as a concelear.Love that is is really portable.Does not break my out

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am working on the 3rd tube of this product. I have this product in Warm Ivory. I have tried various foundations, and for me, this one always works. I have oily, acne-prone skin with larger pores on my cheeks and nose area. I have never broke out from this product, and while for a foundation, it doesn't keep oil away, it also doesn't make it worse.

I have tried various methods of application with this product, and I believe there are two things that make this successful for me: 1) I get heavier coverage when I apply with a sponge by swiping the stick with sponge then applying rather than applying the stick directly to the face, and 2) I get light coverage when I use Sonia Kashuk's flat top kabuki, also by swiping the brush on the stick, then swiping the kabuki on my face. There are areas of my face that need a little more coverage and other areas that need only a little, so I like that I can layer this product. Also, if you have larger pores, this product does need to be blended a bit more and also why I don't apply the stick directly to my face.

The one main thing about this product is that it does take some warmth from the face for the product to blend into the skin, so sometimes when I am not in a hurry, I will just apply my hands to my face after applying just to allow it to warm on the face. If I don't have time, I just wait until it does it on its own. This product looks better and better the longer you wear it. And one last thing: while Bobbi doesn't advocate primer, I find that using MAC's Prep and Prime SPF 50 primes my skin for the product as well as giving me sun protection, and in turn, it also helps the product to spread more evenly on the skin.

Definitely a winner for me, or I wouldn't have purchased it again.

EDITED REVIEW: Wish I could recommend this product, but since the reformulation, it no longer is a product I can recommend. See my review of the new formulation under Skin Foundation Stick.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

From the mixed reviews here, I gather that this product is a definite hit or miss. For me it's a major hit. It literally blends into my skin and slightly moisturize it without making it oily (my skin is weird--it can be oily one day and dry the next). I was really doubtful before because I read how it could be a bit heavy on the skin, but when I gave it a try at the BB counter the artist taught me to only blend this around area that needs coverage (post-acne discoloration on cheeks and undereye bags thanks to architectural school) and the rest just pat what is left on the sponge very lightly but vigorously. I was recommended the Sheer Powder to finish this with but on most days when I'm too lazy (this is really most days) I use this alone and I look very natural. Oh the color swatches is also one of the things I love most about this product--this is it, this is THE swatch for me. No 4 Natural is basically my skin on a tube. Being Asian with very noticeable yellow undertone, finding the perfect swatch has been a trouble for me. Not anymore.
This may not be the most long-lasting foundation but if I keep well-hydrated and sweat-free it stays pretty much through the whole day. I think a really good prep & prime is needed to make it stay longer. Overall this product fits me very well. I don't call this my HG foundation yet--I've only bought mine a month ago, so I think I'm giving it another few months--but definitely the best I've ever bought. What it does sorta justifies the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by anamatovska

This product is definately for normal to dry skin. I have normal to dry skin..this is amazing! I would not rate this as full coverage unless you layer the crap out of it on your face. probably medium coverage if you use a brush, and can even be sheer to light when blended with a sponge, which is what I love. Id rather use a medium coverage product and sheer it out than use a light coverage product and pack it on when i need it..use up less product, and doesn't look cakey at all. It is a satin matte like finish, no shimmer at all. 2.5 shade is great, I have MAC nw20-25 skin tone (in the middle) and this shade, is pretty close...its more on the nw20 side. Not too yellow which is great. Lasts really well, wore it for my wedding and lasted all day and night with powder, and being European weddings start at 7am to finish 1 am . Also used bb powder blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have gone through about 2 tubes of this and feel that I can now accuratle rate this product :P. The color match is phenonominal! I have never found a match this good before and it does not oxidize on me. However, I've got combination skin and this melts off the spots I put it on in about two hours even when I put setting powder over it. I only use this in small spots on my face where I may need more coverage and it tends to kind of collect in blotches on occasion. The consistency is very creamy, which is nice and I didn't notice an influx in breakouts with it.Overall, I don't think that I would buy this again because it's overpriced (about $22 for a tiny amount) and because it sometimes get a bit patchy. Not a really bad product, but not a really good one either.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by caitrin87

I used this to cover some redness around my nose and ended up with a very large horrid breakout which was completely limited to the area that I applied this!
Watch out girls, this formula was very very detrimental to my dry/sensitive skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No