July 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by yungerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I liked about this foundation was the coverage and color match...I have so many acne scars, acne, and dark circles, this foundation covered it perfectly. It's not very cake-y, so that shouldn't be of concern. The color fit me perfectly and they have so many shades! one of the downfalls of this foundation, I have oily skin. It does not last without using a primer. (I now use the MAC oil free primer with this product, works 100% better!) additionally, it will make you break out if you're not following a good skin care regimen with this product. Don't leave it on all day, but it probably won't last that long anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by LummazXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite foundations. The coverage is fantastic and I can layer it a couple of times without it getting too thick on my face. I love the texture of it and it doesn't dry too fast, which means it is easy to blend. I have used a stippling brush, expert face brush, beauty blender and good old fashioned fingers to apply this product and every technique works well with it. The only downsides are that it smells like paint, which isn't a huge issue for me, and when my skin was drier I found it very hard to apply this evenly over my skin. lastly, the lack of a pump can be tricky but I purchased one from the MAC counter at the same time which is lockable and has a cap, so no mess!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by wtfishes

It is so darn expensive but it provides full coverage and it 1 bottle lasts me quite a while. Downside, no pump and smells like paint. Wouldn't recommend it to people who is not used to wearing foundation because it is very thick. I usually mix it with moisturizer to thin it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by leannex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Yes it is quite expensive but if you want a full coverage foundation this is great. Been using for a year now and definitely will continue to repurchase. I use a primer, then this and set it with a body shop powder. Love it!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mustangfanatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, this foundation is pretty thick. It really should have came with a pump.

Right now, its winter time and i'm having dry skin issues. I exfoliate once a week, and put on a night cream. The primer i use is Mac's prep+prime moisture infusion

If you moisturize properly, this foundation looks amazing! I'm an NC15, and it blends so well.
I use the original beauty blender to apply this. I would say that this coverage is medium and can be buildable.
I feel it gives me a matte finish. I do get oily on my t-zone through out the day, but i believe that's partly because of how much i am moisturizing. I haven't been setting my foundation because i ran out and i've been procrastinating on getting one. I will be purchasing a setting spray when i do decide to get one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I had heard so many great things about MAC foundations, so when an opportunity arose for me to try the supposedly long-lasting Studio Fix, I was delighted. Studio Fix was my first ever MAC liquid foundation (I have tried MSFN before and it was ok but nothing special) and I was matched to an NC15.

When I first applied this foundation at home, I was thrilled with the finish. Matte, perfect skin which didn't look caked in makeup and instead just looked like my natural skin! The texture of the foundation is fairly thick, which makes it hard to get out of the bottle, but didn't have heavy coverage, in fact it made my skin look even toned and healthy. I always use a non-latex foundation sponge to apply this. I tried applying with a brush but it looked too heavy.

The MAC SA promised me that this was a long wearing foundation, I specifically asked for one that would not come off my face if I sweated (as I do very often, living in Florida). So the first morning when I wore this, I walked the 30 minutes to work and checked my face when I arrived. My foundation still looked flawless, although not as matte as it was when I left the house. I went out again on my lunch break and when I got back into work my foundation was streaky and patchy and clearly visible as foundation. For reference I have very dry cheeks and very oily nose and chin. I experienced most of the foundation coming off my oily areas.

I have worn this every day since then and found that this is only suitable for when I am indoors all day, or in an air conditioned office. Yes it lasts, but it is no match for Florida's humidity and temperatures. I am disappointed as I loved the finish and feel of this foundation. It also highlighted my dry patches, but many foundations do this so I wasn't too concerned about this MAC foundation doing the same. I doubt I will be buying this foundation again, even though it is very nice. I may try others in the MAC range.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sophglam97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation - always looks flawless with the right primer and setting powder. I wear NC25 in the studio fix fluid and I use it with the studio fix concealer (NC20), and the prep + prime translucent powder. It really gives me that porcelain doll flawless finish, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really like this foundation and would like to make it work. I bought the pump to go with it because pouring out just doesn't work for me.

I have combination skin. My nose, cheeks and forehead are oily. My chin is dry and I'm very acne prone. Yet my skin typically reacts to foundation as if I never moisturized a day in my life and avoid water (which is opposite of the truth).

With this foundation I've tried applying it with my hands and I get a natural looking application. I've tried a flat foundation brush and a flat top foundation brush and get a heavier coverage. I'm even debating about getting the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge to see if that'll work. So far everything's good for application. It's just that on my cheeks & nose this foundation likes to not stay. I have no idea why. It's perfectly fine everywhere else on my face (even my forehead which also gets oily). I just need to find something that makes it work with those areas. Other wise I really love this foundation and it lasts all day for me. I've been in hot & humid conditions with it and it's still there after 10hrs!

I just wish I could get it to stay without using silicone primers which cause acne on my face. I have no idea what else I could do.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Lullipy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the rave reviews. It is SO expensive here in the Philippines, it cost me about 40USD. I got matched for NC30 which they applied and it looked okay, but most foundations oxidize on me so it ended up looking a little dark/orange. Now that I got a Tan, the oxidized color fits me better though so I was still able to use it. I really advise you to try it out and walk around the mall before picking the final color. Also, it does not have a pump. But the most disappointing thing? IT TRANSFERS LIKE CRAZY! I have oily skin and this is really not recommended if you're always on the go. You have to regularly touch up if you want this to work. I still use it because the finish and color-match is great, plus it photographs really well; but I will not be re-purchasing this. My friends tell me the MAC pro longwear is a much better choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tried this foundation twice on my face and no able to write an clear review. I love it. I have extremely oily skin and this is perfect. I use Revlon Colorstay before but it's thickness was too much for my skin. So I tried a sample of the the Studio Fix. I Love It. All I need is a one pump and covers my whole face with all my acne scars. It lasts all day over 8 hours with very minimal shine on my nose. Did NOT break me out either