April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Allysweetie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this product, I use it on my damp hair when I get out of the shower, and then again when it's dry. My hair is long and straight, but tends to get tons of flyaways, frizz and static. This product takes care of these issues and also adds tons of shine. Many reviewers are complaing about the smell which is quite wretched in the palm of your hands, bur I've noticed that once you work it into your hair it begins to smell like the rest of their hair care products, which is a scent that I love! It is also very cheap which is always a plus..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS; This may work for some? Inexpensive.

CONS: Weird smell. Doesn't work very well. Just weighs my fine hair down.

ALTERNATES: Aveeno's Nourishing leave-in treatment or Nexxus's leave in conditioner. For an even LIGHTER version, try Aussie's leave-in conditioner. And for CURLS, I prefer Pantene's Pro-V Detangler for curly hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 5:28:00 AM More reviews by suslik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have kind of unusual hair. It's thick, wavy brown hair, untreated, and I wanted it to be less frizzy. I wasn't sure how to style it but I heard these types of treatments feel nice. Awesome stuff - my hair was sleek, shiny, so soft.. Easy to style with, it feels thicker and my ends sometimes felt a bit crispy, not so here. No residue, great container - so easy to squeeze whatever you want out. One of my favourite hair products.. right now, my favourite (I've really enjoyed Garnier's smoothing milk in the past, but never see it anymore). I've tried mousses and hairsprays, and this doesn't give me a specific style but just beautiful hair. The rest is up to me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like this product on several levels. First, it didn't feel moisturizing at all. Second, this product left a residue in my hair - felt really weighed down and 'waxy' even though I only put a bit in my hair. It left my hair looking dull and 'blah'. Third, the scent is very cheap and pungent. I would definitely not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why aren't there more options for the "Would you buy this product again?" Because with this product, a simple yes or no just doesn't cut it. Yes, I would buy this again, especially if I got a great deal on it as I did when I first purchased. But no, this just didn't knock my socks off.

This product smells great, like green apples, but mild and a bit tart without straying into the realm of jolly-rancher-green-apple. Thank goodness, because I can't stand foody or candy smells on my skin or hair. Also, the scent doesn't linger as much as I thought it would, which is also a plus.

It does seem to add some moisture to the ends of my long hair, and it seems to help protect my hair from the heat of blow drying. But I just wasn't impressed. I liked that it the formula is pretty thick and rich, but it didn't add as much shine or silkiness as I was hoping for. On the other hand, although it makes my hair feel a bit too weighted down while drying and styling, it does seem to impart a lasting bit of moisture throughout the day. And that weighted down feeling goes away pretty quickly once my hair is dry and styled.

All in all, this was worth it, but not so great that I won't be looking for other options.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly hair type 3b. Normally, I use Sebastian Potion 9 as my leave-in conditioning treatment. I decided to try Garnier because Walgreens was having a promotion on these products so I decided to give them a try. I have to agree with reviewer Yousweatme: This product causes my hair to fall out more. A lot more. This alone is enough to keep from using the product again. While it does help with the frizzies, it is still not as good in my opinion as Potion 9 at controlling frizz. I also find that this cream is heavy and weighs hair down. Plus, it builds up in the hair and I have a hard time washing it out. Overall, I was disappointed by this product and I will not buy it again. I'm going back to my Sebastian Potion 9.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is curly, dry and damaged. I straighten my hair about 2 times a week. my hair is about shoulder length and to keep it curly, well, it frustruates me. Especially since my hair is dry and i feel like im wearing a helmet!

i decided to give my hair a break from heat so i searched for products that were meant for curly hair. I used mousse, gel, gel/creams and nothing worked. my hair was still dry and my curls were not even close to being defined. It was so scrunchy...mainly because of all the products. I would often use 5-7 products on my hair to obtain an okay look. thats a lot of product and money! And most, did absolutely nothing to my hair. so, i gave up.

I wanted longer hair and i decided to give up the flat iron for a while. only for those special ocassions or for the weekends. i was looking for a leave in conditioner. i had read somewhere that applying conditioner to your hair (while styling) leaves your hair soft. sounds like a good idea but i decided to look for a product that was designed to stay in your hair. i didnt have many choices so i purchased this.

at first, i wasnt amazed. it was like any other product. a few days after purchasing it, i applied this and a mousse i had. i braided my hair and did my chores. once i started separating my hair, wow! beautiful ringlets! i had never seen my hair this beautiful before! my hair is soft and manageable.

this product is cheap and gives amazing results. ive had this for about a month and i still have lots left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by fcirone1

Pleasantly surprised! I have thick, curly, highlighted/color treated hair so i wanted something that would help condition it in between days. I bought this conditioner as i read good things about it and i didn't want to spend an arm and an leg on expensive leave in.

Amazing...on par with other more expensive leave ins like Paul Mitchell, Sebastian. Not greasy, controls frizzies. I applied it on one side of my head and what a difference!! Tames fly aways, conditions hair. Can use daily!!! I can see this being good as a cream to defrizz if you straighten your hair. Repels moisture too...i can see this being great in hot humid weather!!! So glad to have found this and highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by kysma03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG- i just got this product last week. I work out four to five times a week and having to wash/blow dry/straighten my hair every single day (and sometimes twice a day)is really damaging and totally drying my hair out. I'm mixed and have a weird blend of hair lol- you so cannot wash my kind of hair everyday as it poses more harm than good. anyway, I was looking for a leave in conditioner that would help repair my hair and restore it at least a little bit. and oh my goodness- this product is wonderful. i hate, hate, HATE the smell...that's about the only down side. The price- got it for like five buck at walmart, the packaging is perfect i can throw it in my gym bag and not worry about leaking, and its so easy. you can use it on dry, unwashed hair are you can apply it as soon as you finished washing your hair. I've found the latter to produce better results. my hair has this nice, soft, silky texture to it which I've never found with any previous product- at least to this magnitude. I LOVE this product and I hope anyone else who has tried it as had similar great results.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by yousweatme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi! I have used this leave-in conditioner for a year now. I did not notice my hair being anymore conditioned or healthy than before I used this product. It DID get rid of frizzies and tamed my hair during the humidity. Basically, I would shower, towel dry for about 10 minutes, and then apply this leave in conditioner and leave the house. My hair would be crunchy, it basically looked like I had scrunched it. This, I didn't mind too much though. WHAT I DID MIND is the loss of hair! I lost so much hair from this product. I told many of the Youtube Gurus who have used this product and loved it that it made me lose hair. And soon after, they also realized that this product had the same flaw for them. Garnier products do what they claim, but the downfall of hair loss from many of their products leads me to quit on Garnier haircare. I'm off to Sally's soon to pick up some products that will hopefully do me well.