December 22, 2014 | 1677 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I enjoy this mascara...i didnt think i would as the rubbery brush put me off a bit but the mascara delivers! On my sparse, weak lashes it works wonders & turns my lashes into very long, individually defined black lashes. I have had no problem with smudging. This mascara really defines my eyes & somehow gives a very elegant effect to whatever makeup i am wearing!It gives length & definition, but no volume....but i dont want volume so im happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by thrpschr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing the waterproof version of Masterpiece.

This is a really good mascara! The results are not dramatic, but I get a decent lengthening effect out of this and a little added volume, too.
What really stands out about it to me is how consistently good the results are - no clumping, ever, the smooth consistency makes it unusually buildable for me, and it really stays put. It's also very black and glossy, which I like, and as a top coat over a good lenghtening and volumizing lash base (I use Estée Lauder's) I can get some pretty spectacular results.

The brush picks up too much product, but I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't do that, and it's easy to scrape off enough. It's very waterproof and not entirely easy to get off, but that's a pro as well as a con.

Recommended, in short, this is a great budget mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by girlonfilm77

This is a really good day mascara, as it separetes, lengthens and adds volume, but doesn't have the 'wow' factor for night time wear to me. I got this as a gift, in the UK this has also come out as a dual end mascara, with one end a different mascara colour, which highlights the lashes, i got one in dark shimmery grey, but i dont use it much, just use the masterpiece mascara end. It is a great mascara for the price, i think, next to maybelline (and they are on makeupalleys product listing!) they are one of the best drugstore mascaras, and if in doubt i always buy max factor as I know they wont clump or smudge and always do what i want it to do!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by eightlives

Great for a natural look. It doesn't clump or make my eyelashes stick together. It lengthens and separates perfectly. Worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by emma_lou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation it lengthens and lifts lashes and makes them look fuller, the only thing was i found it dried out quicker than others ive tried but it did perfom better. I will be buying this product again and would recommend it to friends.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lesha

Lenghtens. Doesn't add volume. Hard to remove even with eye make up remover. The WORST thing about this mascara is it leaves black stringy goop in your eye! Right in the coners you have to remove it with a cue tip. I even had it under my bottom eye lids. Digusting. I hate this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

I'm impressed with this product. Unfortunately, I have eye lashes that are very straight and short. I found that this mascara really works for me and gives me definition. I like using an eyelash curler, but with this mascara I find that I don't have to use one! That's pretty impressive. Sometimes, it gets a little clumpy but it's still good, and I love the brush. It’s easy and quick to apply to get great results. I have yet to try the Masterpiece Max Mascara.

The only other "miracle" mascara that I like as much as this is Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Bulgie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good mascara - lengthens and thickens with a couple of coats. Doesn't flake at the end of the day either, which is a big plus!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkie001

I have tried a lot of mascara products including:
YSL volume effect faux cils
Lancome Virtuose
Lancome Hypnose
Dior Blackout
Maybelline Intense XXL & XXL CurlPower
Max factor (max & normal) masterpeice mascara
Maybelline Volume Express -first mascara
and maybe a few more

but the best EVER combination that doesnt even need a primer to look FAB is using the YSL mascara with the max factor normal masterpiece brush.
volume, length LOTS of definition
and if you want a further 'edge' then add the lancome hypnose ontop.
the PERFECT mascara.

ALSO, while i'm at it,
use Batiste's tropical dry shampoo
greasy roots? done!
spray on to dry hair, brush off, looks&smells like youve freshly washed your hair.
Thats my good deed for the day :)
telling you about the fab tricks of the ind.
x

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by tekanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does not smudge or give you dark under eye circles at the end of the day, lengthens.