July 22, 2014 | 1026 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this gel liner for about half a year, and I've noticed some smudging problems with this. I have very oily skin, and by noon I'll already see a slightly gray cast below my bottom lash line. I initially thought it was my mascara, but I've tried a day without mascara and just this eyeliner alone and I've realized that in fact, this gel liner is to blame. the only problem I have with this liner is that it smudges onto my bottom last line, even though I only wear it on my top lashline. Other than that, I haven't noticed it smudging on the top, and it can create a pretty clean and precise thin line which I love. I wouldn't repurchase this though, since I'm willing to test out other gel liners and liquid liners, and it was also pretty expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by suzjung

The product is fantastic! Really smooth to aplly, 10 times easier than the liquid ones. It lasts a whole day! Best eyeliner I have ever used!
Only problems are that the expiration date is after 6 months and that you have to buy a brush to use it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by makeup4537

veryy good!!!! love this product, goes on very smoothly and stays on all day. when i apply i use the brush that it came with, apply a thin line on the top then i take a q-tip and run it over where i just applied to make the line appear smoother and less jagged. yes it is pricey but it does the job well and its great.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been a regular Mac Fluidline user for years, purchased the Bobbi Brown eyeliner on a whim in duty free and I'm very happy with the purchase! Very similiar to the Mac, I use my Mac 266 brush to apply, and the colour is great, staying power is really impressive (even on my super oily eyelids) and I can tell even though I use it everyday it will last ages. Great buy, I don't know if I like this or my Mac better!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by crdimalla

The is the best black liner I've used, out of those I have sampled. I have yet to try most of the newer/cheaper gel liners out there, but I can tell you there's nothing wrong with this one.

Pure black, highly pigmented, smooth and fluid application and one little pot lasts FOREVER. In fact, one application lasts forever...through an entire day! Its the most we can hope for in a liner.

Finding a good brush is crucial to applying it properly. I go to art stores because you can find a brush tailored to your needs, in high quality fibers, for a fraction of the price a cosmetic company will charge you.

For those who are EXTREMELY picky about how black their black is, I've heard that Stila smudge pots are a bit blacker. But even you will be very satisfied with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jparkerb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have single-fold/oily eyelids. Eyeshadow and eyeliner will not stay on without primer and base powder. This eyeliner will last all day and night on bare skin without smudging. After searching for almost ten years, I found an eyeliner that stays put. MAC Fluidline was a disappointment. I apply at 7AM and application looks new until I take it off at 9 PM. I have 3 colors and love them all, but use black on a daily basis.
These are costly, but one pot will last all year.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by shirlz_is

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my favourite eyeliner.

I donít have a steady hand so liquid eyeliner is automatically ruled out. I also find that pencil liners tug on my skin and I can never get an even and thin line, so I avoid that too. That pretty much leaves me with only the gel liner option, and this, out of MAC and Shu Uemura Iíve also tried, is my favourite.

I use the MAC 266 brush with this, and a little goes a long way. One tiny jar lasts months and months, so the price equals out to pretty much next to nothing per day.

It glides on smoothly and doesnít take too long to dry (but long enough if you want to smudge it) so you donít risk it transferring onto your eyelids or anything before youíve finished applying. It lasts all day and is pretty much waterproof, only comes off when you want it to.

I do, however, have atrociously greasy eyelids, so I canít wear ANY eyeliner without it transferring onto my lids after a few hours. But I have since discovered Too Facedís Shadow Insurance so itís no longer a problem for me.

I usually alternate between this and Espresso Ink. I also have this in Granite Ink but I havenít tried it yet!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I like this because it stays on really well and is easy to apply (as long as you have a fresh pot, and a great brush). I don't like this because the product goes bad and dries up very quickly. Users say to try to dig yourself a little hole to keep it from drying out (as opposed to taking off the top layer first). For this reason I'd say the packaging is bad since it seems to invite expiration. The Black shade is not my favorite - I do like it for cool eye looks, but my great love is the Espresso shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by MyFavoriteColorIsShiny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this eyeliner! I have always been a liquid eyeliner person but with this stuff, I would never go back. For me it is the best liner - easy to use, no fading, no smudging and the best thing: the pot goes a long long way. Although I use it everyday about 50 % of the product is still left - AND it didn't dry at all! (I purchased it in October 2009) Will def buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ccatwomann

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Con - dries easily in the container though shut tight

Pros - when I first opened the product, it was very easy to apply (used an angled brush) and stays on till I remove it at night. Would have been my HG if it didn't dry so fast in the container.