August 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2006 5:19:00 AM More reviews by blzwbr

My HG loose powder ^^.I picked it up a few years ago at my local drug store for $10. I love it's non-drying but still control oil really well. I look poreless for hours with this on. 1 big jar last me forever...only thing I don't like is the smell...it smells bitter after hours when it's blended with my natural oil...yuck...xD

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 9:58:00 AM More reviews by catlike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I never expected to find this much yellow in a drugstore product. I have this in Medium and it is a godsend to girls looking for yellow-toned powders that won't break the bank. Fortunately, I picked this up for half-price at Eckerd (I'm wondering if this is one of the stores that is not carrying it any more). The finish is matte, but natural, and it does not look cakey at all. I sometimes use it over moisturizer for a light foundation, but I mainly use it as a setting powder (over my regular NC30 foundation, which is a little light for me during the summer--this deepens it enough to make up for the little tan that I inevitably get every year).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think my mistake was thinking that Translucide would be light but help to give me a dewy glow. I do not like this product. It is so light it does not show and it seems to go on uneven. Again, this could just be my skin. I even bought a big soft brush because I thought this would help put the powder on evenly. Not so.

I am going to keep searching for the right powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Valerie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not impressed with this one. I bought it in translucent. It's definitely that. It looks like nothing on. I can't even tell I've powdered after applying. It has Nylon-12 in it instead of talc. It may be good as a finishing powder over foundation. I don't like it worn alone. I like a matte, powder finish from a loose powder. This doesn't do that. Also, I don't think it has any oil absorbing capability at all. It didn't make my face matte at all right after applied. Definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 4:00:00 AM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have relatively "good skin", but on some days my skin can look really blah and dull. on those days, i just dust on this powder, and it never fails to put a soft, dewy glow on my face! keeps shine at bay and locks in my makeup very well too. definitely will repurchase this again! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by argoddess

This is the best powder I have used, and I have tried many (Neutrogena, Maybelling, CG, Physician's Formula). What is great about this product is that it's talc-free, so you don't look chalky, and it's very silky on the skin, instead of cakey. It is not super matte, but gives a very natural, non-oily sheen over my combo skin. I have one in translucent and one in fair, and I alternate depending on if I'm wearing any foundation underneath (I use fair when I'm not wearing any foundation to even out skin tone). I don't use the puff, but instead dip just the tip of my Sonia Kashuk brush in, tap off, and smooth over my face, which feels rather luxurious! Only drawback is the addition of fragrance - wish they would leave this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kyrstyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have always despised any kind of powders in general, and i still do, but this is one of my all time favorite products, regardless of category, period! Nothing controls oil or sets and keeps make up in place like this, and nothing looks as natural and un-powdery as this. I am a make up artist and have plenty of experience with products. I have one in each of the four shades(although every shade allows for a lot of wiggle room on different skin tones) and it is the only setting powder i use on clients, models, and myself. The ingredients in this product are different from typical talc based powders and those waterbased cooling illuminating powders from Prescriptives and Awake. It isn't a rice or corn starch based powder either. I can't find any powder w/ similar ingredients, and i've looked. This is truly a singular product and one i can't live without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've looked all over for a loose powder that had the following qualities:

cut sunscreen shine
has a minium number of ingredients that will possibly degrade avobenzone (I'm pretty sure there is a low % of iron oxides in this, though the L'Oreal people weren't very forthcoming about it)
doesn't break me out
is translucent b/c my skin isn't always the exact same color and i can't be bothered to continually try to match colors
isn't white/chalky
doesn't cake
isn't FLAT MATTE - I don't want to be a greaseball, but healthy, pretty skin is not completely matte, in my opinion.

For reference, I have combination skin, am using rx retinoids and some of those crazy European sunscreens (LRP Anthelios FE, Bioderma Fluide, LRP Peds 60). I generally do not wear any sort of foundation.

This looks like a winner. It's been performing well for me for about ... five months now.

The ingredients are very interesting: no talc, no starches, no TiO2, a few nice oil absorbers.

Nylon 12, PTFE, Acrylates Copolymer, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Mineral Oil / Paraffinum Liquidum, Lauroyl Lysine, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylparaben, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, May Contain: [+/- Iron Oxides/CI 77492, CI77491, CI77499, Barium Sulfate/CI77120, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines/CI 77007], B6041/2

(PTFE is Teflon !!) continued >>

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2006 12:43:00 PM More reviews by HAZY18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the color and the coverage was alright but it made me breakout like crazy. And it turns orange after wearing it for awhile. I was using neutrogena's loose powder but I can't find it anymore. I have oily skin and have to use a powder to set my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

SORRY GIRLS ITS DISCONTINUED STOCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( GRHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHENEVER I LIKE SOMETHING THEY STOP MAKING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best powder TALC FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
update oh I see it in my grocery store across the street anyone let me know, if you want it.