July 29, 2014 | 2047 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I like this product.. I have used it maybe 3x max.. So let's begin my review.

My skin: I have oily/combo skin which is quite sensitive to harsh ingredients. I have acne scarring/hyperpigmentation with breakouts here and there.

Product performance: For a drugstore product this works pretty well. I have it is Translucent Fair. It works, but it can look pretty ugly on any dry patches and if you have any big red pimples it may look cakey- be warned!

I purchased this on sale bogo 50% off at CVS. But for a drugstore powder it can be pricey.. At CVS it costs about $12USD.. (CVS is a bit pricey compared to Target/Walmart).

Packaging is pretty horrible. I find it difficult to make the product come out and the brush is okay.

Overall I recommend it and I will be repurchasing this..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by albinonymph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

i would probly buy this product again. Its talc-free not bad for your skin didnt make me break out at all made my skin look naturally even and i got it for only about 8 bucks at walmart :) so i decided id try just because i couldnt resist and i have to say i was pleasently surprise, sometimes i find Physicians Formula products fall a bit short but other times there fantastic! Not to mention NON ANIMAL TESTED. it comes with plenty of product and has all day wear i never had to reapply this stuff even in hot weather. The brush is ok but the prepackaged brushes are never that great so i dont have high expectations. but now to the cons it only comes in like four or five shade none for darker skin what is that! I suppose maybe because its techniquly a translucent powder but the transparent light suits me well

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lynsee2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ah...I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation..Where do I begin?..

CONS-
1. It's too dark for my fair skin..it's kinda orange? Who's skin is orange Honestly? And for selection...there's about 4 or 5 colors....thats it.
2. Settles in my laugh lines, so I'm constantly touching up my face :/
3. The packaging is ridiculous, and the brush is garbage.
4. The price is a tad high considering the above statements.
5. It looks awful on pimples...makes them look bigger..and yuckier.

PROS-
1.The only makeup that doesn't break me out or make things worse.
2. Coverage is pretty decent on red marks (not with big angry pimples though)

Well...that about sums it up for me. I'm still searching for my HG, but for now, this is all I can use. I have no choice but to re-purchase.
*sigh*

If anyone else has skin as fickle as mine, and has found something that works....let me know please!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation! I have it in Translucent and it is the a perfect match for my very fair skin! This is the first ever mineral foundation I have ever used. I don't have any problem with the packaging of this foundation. I like the lid it comes with because I pour the foundation into the lid and just the brush in and it works good. I did not like the brush it came with however. It was very stratchy. For around $11.00 it is a great quality prodcut! Before applying this foundation I apply a layer of Milk of Magnesia with wet cosmetic sponge. It gives me full coverage without looking cakey or powdery. I apply it with my Wet n Wild Kabuki Brush. Then for spots that need more concealing I use my E.L.F. Professional Foundation Brush and it works great! Then to set the powder foundation I use my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light 4-5. Then lastly I apply a sheer layer of Hard Candy Welcome Matte Powder in Matnifying to lighten the color just a tad. These three powders give me flawless and full coverage! It also lasts all day and does not get oily on my very oily skin. It also hasn't caused me to break out! It feels very light weight on my skin. This way better than any liquid foundation I have ever used! I highly reccomend this to people who have very oil skin, who want to be matte all day, want full coverage (or other coverage levels as well) and who have sensitive or acne prone skin! This stuff is AMAZING! I will be repurchasing this product forever because it is my HG foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jennabear131

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is the worst foundation i have tried!
first off the packaging sucks because no powder can even get through the holes
the lightest color is waaaay too dark for my fair skin and makes me look ridiculous
and it made me break out!
DO NOT BUY

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

Love this stuff.
Great coverage,doesn't make me break out,long wearing,and it doesn't make my skin oily.it has also help me in breakouts idk why but when i wear this stuff they clear up faster than when i wear none at all.It look so natural people don't think i wear makeup:)would always rebuy this.
EDIT:not so crazy about this now....its summer and i sweat alot more and this does not look good when i sweat.It comes off horribly below my nose and around my mouth so it looks like i didn't put foundation around it >:{it looks abosolute hideous like i don't know how to apply makeup,But i still like this just when its not summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as a great affordable alternative to Bare Minerals or just an overall great mineral foundation. I have combo, sensitive skin with rosacea and mild acne scarring. However, I dislike the feeling of liquid foundations and feel they irritate my skin. So mineral foundations work the best. I have very yellow undertones and am fair, so most drugstore face makeup does not work on me. For those with application difficulty, what I do is tap the jar into the dome lid and pick up the powder in the bottom with a brush to apply! It works great and I literally get ZERO mess with that technique. I've found you can build it to a matte finish, but my skin is on the dry side, so I prefer to layer it with a brush over my moisturizer. This also works really great as a setting powder over concealer. The reason I took a lippie off is because the color could be a bit more fair for my very pale skin, and they need a better color range in my opinion. Otherwise a decent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

this product is good. it covers nicely and lasts just about all day. but the reason I gave this a 4 is because not of how it works, but the storage. I think these loose powders work better than compact powder but the storage is awful. the other day all I did was merely sweep my hand gently across it and about half of the package was emptied out on the floor, on my vanity, and all over my beautiful coach makeup bag I got as a gift for my birthday! if it was a compact it would've just fallen on the floor and more than likely wouldn't break or anything. I guess I'm gonna have to stick to the compact powder so my clumsy self doesn't waste any more product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't crazy about this line. I did combine two colors in a different container to get my perfect shade and then I used my own brush because the one that comes with it is really rough. But what I didn't like was how many times a day I needed to reapply- I was shinier than usual. By the end of the day, I had power build up in my smile lines- ugh!

I have happily switched to proactiv's mineral wear line of powders and am loving them. Their loose powder is nice but VERY expensive for the tiny amount you get, so I switched to their pressed mineral powder foundation and I just apply that with a powder brush instead of a powder puff/sponge. I have beautiful results and never get the build up in my lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ZoeyZRambles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I loved about this product was that it lasted for forever! Almost a year, and I use this for touch ups like 3 times a day. I use a lot of product as well. But it doesnt do what it claims: controls oil. Maybe I'm just too oily, but i find myself blotting like 3-4 times a day.
The coverage isn't great either, so it's alright for everyday use. you don't need porcelain skin 24/7. i pack on the foundation for more coverage, and my oils make it appear less cakey.
also, the brush is terrible. once you wash it, it smells like ... lamb or something. something from the farm, lmao. i washed it 7 times in a row and the smell wouldn't leave. i threw it out, it's pretty bad.
overall, the price as definitely worth it, because it came with so much product.