November 25, 2014 | 1716 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This does a beautiful job of setting my makeup and giving a velvety, flawless finish! I'm a noob to the mineral wear thing, and will probably test other products before deciding on what is best for my dry, uneven skin, but this is quite nice! I did find however, that it does not hold up well in the heat when one sweats, so u don't use it on hot days. I don't care much for the packaging. It's awkward, can be messy, and the brush doesn't do anything to make the application less messy! The brush is also a bit abrasive on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sawny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It gives me a nice natural coverage but it doesn't do very well in controlling my oil. I put this on with my elf powder brush and it gives very good coverage. I also sometimes set this (weird, I know) but I was just experimenting and I set this with elf high definition powder and it looks pretty damn good! The color range is a bit tight, and mine can wash me out sometimes but with a little bronzer I'm good to go! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by coolperson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product because it's talc free and doesn't have any heavy scent to it. I personally like it better than Bare Escentuals not only because it's cheaper but also because it has better coverage for me. The brush is really stupid, though, so i use my own (most of physicians formula packaging is pretty dumb,though). I think this is a pretty good powder foundation, especially considering i really don't like liquids. i don't usually have to reapply unless it's a super hot and humid day, and this package has lasted me about 4 months and i still have about a third of it left. i do have to usually reapply on my bigger spots (such as big zits), but i don't mind since its a really natural looking foundation on my skin. i would definitely recommend this product in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I like this product.. I have used it maybe 3x max.. So let's begin my review.

My skin: I have oily/combo skin which is quite sensitive to harsh ingredients. I have acne scarring/hyperpigmentation with breakouts here and there.

Product performance: For a drugstore product this works pretty well. I have it is Translucent Fair. It works, but it can look pretty ugly on any dry patches and if you have any big red pimples it may look cakey- be warned!

I purchased this on sale bogo 50% off at CVS. But for a drugstore powder it can be pricey.. At CVS it costs about $12USD.. (CVS is a bit pricey compared to Target/Walmart).

Packaging is pretty horrible. I find it difficult to make the product come out and the brush is okay.

Overall I recommend it and I will be repurchasing this..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by albinonymph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

i would probly buy this product again. Its talc-free not bad for your skin didnt make me break out at all made my skin look naturally even and i got it for only about 8 bucks at walmart :) so i decided id try just because i couldnt resist and i have to say i was pleasently surprise, sometimes i find Physicians Formula products fall a bit short but other times there fantastic! Not to mention NON ANIMAL TESTED. it comes with plenty of product and has all day wear i never had to reapply this stuff even in hot weather. The brush is ok but the prepackaged brushes are never that great so i dont have high expectations. but now to the cons it only comes in like four or five shade none for darker skin what is that! I suppose maybe because its techniquly a translucent powder but the transparent light suits me well

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lynsee2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ah...I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation..Where do I begin?..

CONS-
1. It's too dark for my fair skin..it's kinda orange? Who's skin is orange Honestly? And for selection...there's about 4 or 5 colors....thats it.
2. Settles in my laugh lines, so I'm constantly touching up my face :/
3. The packaging is ridiculous, and the brush is garbage.
4. The price is a tad high considering the above statements.
5. It looks awful on pimples...makes them look bigger..and yuckier.

PROS-
1.The only makeup that doesn't break me out or make things worse.
2. Coverage is pretty decent on red marks (not with big angry pimples though)

Well...that about sums it up for me. I'm still searching for my HG, but for now, this is all I can use. I have no choice but to re-purchase.
*sigh*

If anyone else has skin as fickle as mine, and has found something that works....let me know please!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation! I have it in Translucent and it is the a perfect match for my very fair skin! This is the first ever mineral foundation I have ever used. I don't have any problem with the packaging of this foundation. I like the lid it comes with because I pour the foundation into the lid and just the brush in and it works good. I did not like the brush it came with however. It was very stratchy. For around $11.00 it is a great quality prodcut! Before applying this foundation I apply a layer of Milk of Magnesia with wet cosmetic sponge. It gives me full coverage without looking cakey or powdery. I apply it with my Wet n Wild Kabuki Brush. Then for spots that need more concealing I use my E.L.F. Professional Foundation Brush and it works great! Then to set the powder foundation I use my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light 4-5. Then lastly I apply a sheer layer of Hard Candy Welcome Matte Powder in Matnifying to lighten the color just a tad. These three powders give me flawless and full coverage! It also lasts all day and does not get oily on my very oily skin. It also hasn't caused me to break out! It feels very light weight on my skin. This way better than any liquid foundation I have ever used! I highly reccomend this to people who have very oil skin, who want to be matte all day, want full coverage (or other coverage levels as well) and who have sensitive or acne prone skin! This stuff is AMAZING! I will be repurchasing this product forever because it is my HG foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jennabear131

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is the worst foundation i have tried!
first off the packaging sucks because no powder can even get through the holes
the lightest color is waaaay too dark for my fair skin and makes me look ridiculous
and it made me break out!
DO NOT BUY

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

Love this stuff.
Great coverage,doesn't make me break out,long wearing,and it doesn't make my skin oily.it has also help me in breakouts idk why but when i wear this stuff they clear up faster than when i wear none at all.It look so natural people don't think i wear makeup:)would always rebuy this.
EDIT:not so crazy about this now....its summer and i sweat alot more and this does not look good when i sweat.It comes off horribly below my nose and around my mouth so it looks like i didn't put foundation around it >:{it looks abosolute hideous like i don't know how to apply makeup,But i still like this just when its not summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as a great affordable alternative to Bare Minerals or just an overall great mineral foundation. I have combo, sensitive skin with rosacea and mild acne scarring. However, I dislike the feeling of liquid foundations and feel they irritate my skin. So mineral foundations work the best. I have very yellow undertones and am fair, so most drugstore face makeup does not work on me. For those with application difficulty, what I do is tap the jar into the dome lid and pick up the powder in the bottom with a brush to apply! It works great and I literally get ZERO mess with that technique. I've found you can build it to a matte finish, but my skin is on the dry side, so I prefer to layer it with a brush over my moisturizer. This also works really great as a setting powder over concealer. The reason I took a lippie off is because the color could be a bit more fair for my very pale skin, and they need a better color range in my opinion. Otherwise a decent product.