Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 9/20/2011 9:57:00 PM

I used this (along with Physician's Formula liquid mineral foundation) for several years. I have very mixed feelings about it.

I have super sensitive, acne prone skin. Several years ago, I found an awesome liquid mineral makeup that worked wonders for me. Unfortunately, it was a very small company and they discontinued the product. I had such good results with the mineral makeup that I decided to try Physician's Formula mineral makeup instead.

I stuck with it for such a long time because it didn't break me out the way other foundations did, and because it offered good coverage and natural SPF (my skin can't handle chemical sunscreens). However, the lightest color was always too dark for my skin and gave me an orangey look. It looked pretty good for the first hour or too, but turned very orange as the day went on. It also slid all over my face. . . yuck. I wasn't happy with it and knew it looked bad, but stuck with it because I didn't realize I could do better.

My Mom has darker and dryer skin than I do, and she loves it. But I've found something that looks better on me and has cleared my skin up way more than PF ever did, so I won't be repurchasing.

***EDIT: I upped the lippies on this one and changed to a yes, I will repurchase. As much as I like my new mineral foundation (Bare Minerals), I've found myself coming back to this one and simply applying it differently. I had been using the PF liquid mineral foundation and using this as a setting powder. I've dumped the liquid crap for good, as it seemed to be what was causing the problems. But I'm using this occasionally as a foundation, and applying it the same way I apply Bare Minerals. Much better results than I had before. I like the look of Bare Minerals better, but I get more coverage from this when I have breakouts.

on 9/20/2011 8:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I find a lot of foundations really don't help me - they don't cover anything. However, this foundation does not only cover my skin, but it doesn't make me a cake-face.
What I definitely hate is the packaging. The two separate colours are really annoying. I can't take this foundation out with me, like to school, which really, really sucks. If I do, the powder spills everywhere...it's such a mess.
The cost was a little high for a drugstore foundation, but I still think it's pretty good. Overall, I would buy it again.

on 9/19/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I read on a skincare website that this foundation is ideal for reactive skin. So, I put my previous negative thoughts on PF foundations behind and gave this company a try again. I did a test swatch first because I got a very bad allergic reaction from a different PF foundation. I was pleased that this particular foundation caused no reaction to my skin. However, there are so many things wrong with this. 1. The Packaging: Why doesn't PF fix this problem! Nobody likes this dome shaped bulky non-user friendly plastic tub! It creates such a royal mess and powder flies everywhere. 2. The Brush: The brush is way too tiny to effectively apply this powder because it concentrates the powder in areas and makes the foundation look cakey. Plus, the brush is rough and sctraches the skin. 3. The Coverage: Poor and very sheer. Why even bother using a foundation if it doesn't cover anything. I needed at least 3-4 layers to acheive coverage and I'm usually a light cover foundation lover! 4. The Finish: It will cling onto dry patches and cake up when I tried to layer this. Also, this has a decent about of Mica in it and when I layer, it doesn't provide much coverage but I got a ton of iredescent shimmer making pores look huge. So, it does get two lippies for 1. Price and 2. Good for the skin.

on 9/18/2011 3:37:00 PM

About $20, not to bad a price, but the packaging sucks, makeup goes everywhere. Brush sucks, the lightest colour is way to dark and orange. Doesn't cover my acne, but also doesn't break me out. It has little shimmer things I don't like. Would probably work for someone with a normal skin tone and fairly clear skin, but not for me..

on 9/16/2011 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

will I buy again? HELLA YES! first off, I got mine in sand (I am Native canadian and greek so i have tan olive skin) and its my EXACT colour. the coverage is great for someone like me. (mediom!)The brush sucks. Just get rid of it. I Love that its a loose powder. I have really bad oily skin. and I dont need to blot with this. Its amazing. and didnt break me out! (i have teenage skin)

on 9/15/2011 11:16:00 PM

My only issue with this product is that it turns my very pale, pinkish toned skin to yellow.
I love the coverage it gives, I love that it's a loose powder, and I love that it not only doesn't make you break out, but has redeeming qualities that are actually meant to heal the skin.
Tried it once, and I will never wear it again, simply because the palest color is ridiculous. Nobody pale has naturally yellow skin. I WISH they had more color options. If only.

on 8/22/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This does a beautiful job of setting my makeup and giving a velvety, flawless finish! I'm a noob to the mineral wear thing, and will probably test other products before deciding on what is best for my dry, uneven skin, but this is quite nice! I did find however, that it does not hold up well in the heat when one sweats, so u don't use it on hot days. I don't care much for the packaging. It's awkward, can be messy, and the brush doesn't do anything to make the application less messy! The brush is also a bit abrasive on my skin.

on 8/20/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It gives me a nice natural coverage but it doesn't do very well in controlling my oil. I put this on with my elf powder brush and it gives very good coverage. I also sometimes set this (weird, I know) but I was just experimenting and I set this with elf high definition powder and it looks pretty damn good! The color range is a bit tight, and mine can wash me out sometimes but with a little bronzer I'm good to go! (:

on 8/8/2011 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this product because it's talc free and doesn't have any heavy scent to it. I personally like it better than Bare Escentuals not only because it's cheaper but also because it has better coverage for me. The brush is really stupid, though, so i use my own (most of physicians formula packaging is pretty dumb,though). I think this is a pretty good powder foundation, especially considering i really don't like liquids. i don't usually have to reapply unless it's a super hot and humid day, and this package has lasted me about 4 months and i still have about a third of it left. i do have to usually reapply on my bigger spots (such as big zits), but i don't mind since its a really natural looking foundation on my skin. i would definitely recommend this product in general.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product.. I have used it maybe 3x max.. So let's begin my review.

My skin: I have oily/combo skin which is quite sensitive to harsh ingredients. I have acne scarring/hyperpigmentation with breakouts here and there.

Product performance: For a drugstore product this works pretty well. I have it is Translucent Fair. It works, but it can look pretty ugly on any dry patches and if you have any big red pimples it may look cakey- be warned!

I purchased this on sale bogo 50% off at CVS. But for a drugstore powder it can be pricey.. At CVS it costs about $12USD.. (CVS is a bit pricey compared to Target/Walmart).

Packaging is pretty horrible. I find it difficult to make the product come out and the brush is okay.

Overall I recommend it and I will be repurchasing this..