September 21, 2014 | 2022 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a small tub of this Strawverry body butter and it was ok, but I did not love it. I love body shop butters and I've had the peach, blueberry,grapeseed body butters before and I think I like the smell of them better than the Strawberry.
It is pretty sweet smelling and strong. A little bit greasy but not as bad as other body butters from body shop. I work with kids and whenever I put it on (I used it as my hand cream, kept it in my purse all the time) around them they all wanted to try it and some said it smells so good I want to eat it. I think they seem to like it more than me, so I would let the older girls try a little on their hand.
I like the little tub it comes in, when it was done I washed and now I use it for other stuff.
Overall, it was ok, moisturized nicely, but the smell wasn't for me, I didn't hate but I didn't love it either.
I wouldn't buy this flavor again, but I would buy the body butters for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by danai

This is the best product I've tried from TBS and one of the best body creams I've ever come across in general. As you probably already know not all TBS butters are created equal; their thickness, richness and texture varies. This one is just perfect for me. Exactly the right degree of richness. A nice, thick cream but not an oily one. Being suited for normal skin, this is lighter than other TBS butters I've tried.
It feels heavenly as it melts onto the skin and you can actually feel it start to sink in right away. That doesn't mean that it just vanishes though; I can feel it absorb gradually.
It also leaves skin soft and glowing, and the effect goes on to the next day. I can actually see this make a difference, and that's not something I can say for most body creams I've tried.
Now the scent is a matter of personal taste. I personally adore strawberries and that's why i got this in the first place; I was craving something strawberry scented to lift my mood in the cold. The scent of this is heavenly to me. It's fruity enough, however it's not 100% realistic; it smells less like actual strawberries and more like Strawberries and Cream ice cream. If you don't like foody scents you may not enjoy this though; my mother who detests foody scents in cosmetics very tactfully asked me where the cough syrup smell comes from.
To sum things up, this product has the right consistency, a nice smell and makes my skin actually look better. I'd get it again any day.
Oh and I also adore the tub, it's super cute.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I love the rich, whipped texture of this and how moisturizing it is, but the strawberry scent is just overpoweringly sweet to me. Not fake, but just too fruity-sweet. I love the formula of TBS's body butters but this particular scent just isn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is like straight-up strawberries, no other weird scents in there.
That's what I like about TBS, it's just straight up __name_of_scent__.

I have bought just one large sized tub of this.

Very lovely upon application, it's a whipped pink buttery cream. It's for normal skin, so it's not as moisturizing as say, Mango.

However, after awhile of applying this, it leaves behind a weird plastic-y scent on my skin. I'm not sure how it works based on skin chemistry, but that's how it is for me.

I do think I can finish this, but I may just stick to my Mango and Pink Grapefruit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by de2isme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like body butter by body shop. i bought this one in a special package which include small body butter, small shower gel, body polish, and a loofah. for body butter, it smells so good. the strawberry scent is really strong but it is not the weird, disgusting scent. it's fresh and long lasting. when i put it after i took a shower in the gym, someone asking me about this product and she said it's so fresh. the next morning i woke up, i still could smell the strawberry scent. it moisturizes my skin without leaving a greasy or sticky texture on my skin. and i like the texture which is not so liquid, it's creamy and thick. it's a bit pricey but still affordable, i think i will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I find the body butters a little bit overpriced, but they're extremely rich and moisturizing. This scent is very fruity and sweet and actually lingers for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by maureenlovesfringe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

firstly when i bought this i really liked the packaging, and it smells very good,like a real strawberry smell. When i put it and go out my friends would ask me why i smells fruity. Hehe! The smell i would say very strong, and yet moisturising too. Except for one thing, it's expensive and i would love to buy another scent coz i can have it all. But the cocoa butter smells great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly LOVE this smell soooo much. It's lovely to just apply all day and a great moisturizer, I would continue to buy this just for the smell but the fact that it's so rich a moisturizing is great too! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by angelalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fairly moisturizing product for my hands. I like the smell; it's sweet, reminds me of candy- yet not too childish or overwhelming.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by fraulinegreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I have a love/hate relationship with this. When I got it I was expecting a "fresh" strawberry scent. It smells more like a strawberry eraser...but at the same time I CANT STOP PUTTING IT ON. Then after about 15 min I think I smell like an eraser haha. I bought the small jar and it really does moisturize really well for me. I am pregnant and slather this all over my bell too. Just can't decide if I want more of not....