August 20, 2014 | 1913 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is like straight-up strawberries, no other weird scents in there.
That's what I like about TBS, it's just straight up __name_of_scent__.

I have bought just one large sized tub of this.

Very lovely upon application, it's a whipped pink buttery cream. It's for normal skin, so it's not as moisturizing as say, Mango.

However, after awhile of applying this, it leaves behind a weird plastic-y scent on my skin. I'm not sure how it works based on skin chemistry, but that's how it is for me.

I do think I can finish this, but I may just stick to my Mango and Pink Grapefruit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by de2isme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like body butter by body shop. i bought this one in a special package which include small body butter, small shower gel, body polish, and a loofah. for body butter, it smells so good. the strawberry scent is really strong but it is not the weird, disgusting scent. it's fresh and long lasting. when i put it after i took a shower in the gym, someone asking me about this product and she said it's so fresh. the next morning i woke up, i still could smell the strawberry scent. it moisturizes my skin without leaving a greasy or sticky texture on my skin. and i like the texture which is not so liquid, it's creamy and thick. it's a bit pricey but still affordable, i think i will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I find the body butters a little bit overpriced, but they're extremely rich and moisturizing. This scent is very fruity and sweet and actually lingers for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by maureenlovesfringe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

firstly when i bought this i really liked the packaging, and it smells very good,like a real strawberry smell. When i put it and go out my friends would ask me why i smells fruity. Hehe! The smell i would say very strong, and yet moisturising too. Except for one thing, it's expensive and i would love to buy another scent coz i can have it all. But the cocoa butter smells great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly LOVE this smell soooo much. It's lovely to just apply all day and a great moisturizer, I would continue to buy this just for the smell but the fact that it's so rich a moisturizing is great too! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by angelalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fairly moisturizing product for my hands. I like the smell; it's sweet, reminds me of candy- yet not too childish or overwhelming.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by fraulinegreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I have a love/hate relationship with this. When I got it I was expecting a "fresh" strawberry scent. It smells more like a strawberry eraser...but at the same time I CANT STOP PUTTING IT ON. Then after about 15 min I think I smell like an eraser haha. I bought the small jar and it really does moisturize really well for me. I am pregnant and slather this all over my bell too. Just can't decide if I want more of not....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by joy18

I am a huge fan of The Body Shop butters and I recieved this one discounted due to being such a regular customer at my local Body Shop. It smelled great when I sniffed it at the store and I was excited to try it out. I got home and after a bath went to apply it and found it very hard to scoop out of the tub. It has a strange texture that made me practically have to dig my fingernails in to get it out. Note that not all the body butters (rose for example) have this consistancy. Anyway, like all TBS butters this is a good moisturizer but I find the smell too overwhelming when I use it for my entire body. I have about five different butters from TBS at any given time and find myself only using this one for my hands, elbows and knees after using the strawberry body polish. I can't take much more scent than that, esp since the smell lingers on my clothes hours later. Will probably not purchase this again but stick to the other body butters.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

At first when I tried this in the store, it was love at first whiff. My boyfriend - who loves the scent of strawberries - also encouraged me to buy it, so I did. The body butter goes on like a dream, smooth and even, and moisturizes throughout the day. But... and here comes the deal breaker for me... the scent is too penetrating in the long run. It doesn't smell 100% natural, either. Forget fresh strawberries, forget strawberry jam... this is a synthetic smell. I still use it occasionally and sparsely, but I'd never buy it in the first place knowing that the scent would get on my nerves this much. Kudos for the moisturizing properties, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by akimakeiya

The thing I love most about this stuff is that it really smells like strawberries, doesnt smell artifical at all like some strawberry products can. It's so thick, you scoop it out of the container like ice cream! And it makes my skin so smooth. I would buy it again.