Aquolina Chocolovers EDT

3.7

on 12/18/2006 5:14:00 PM

I was so happy to find this at Marshall's for $10. I always love foody scents. The bottle is cute, and the scent is delicious. It really starts to smell good after it dries down. I almost want to eat my wrist, ha! I can smell the faint scent of orange peel, with the delicious chocolate.

on 12/12/2006 5:29:00 PM

I bought this at TJMaxx for $10.00. It is nice after a couple of hours. It dries down to a nice vanilla/chocolate scent after beginning as chocolate/orange. I asked my son what I smelled like and he said marshmallows. It smells nice over my Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter. It is a nice winter scent.

on 12/9/2006 3:06:00 AM

I also found this at TJ Maxx for $10 (I was pretty surprised to see it there, but snatched it up because I had been meaning to try it and figured that $10 was nothing to lose on a fragrance). For me, the top notes were mostly citrus (heavier orange than lemon) and bergamot, and then on the drydown the citrus faded and it mellowed out into a creamy, chocolate-vanilla scent. I don't get any of the cheapy, plasticky smells people have been reporting - but hey, body chemistry. Try a spritz at Sephora and go from there. Or pick it up at a TJ's or Marshall's for $10. Final verdict: For me, this is a great basic fall or winter fragrance. I would stick with casual events or just around the house. Every once in awhile I get a whiff of the malted chocolate, though, and yummmm. It's very comforting and a true chocolate, not fake-smelling at all. UPDATE: My mother insists that this smells like bug spray - even on me! She and I both have great "noses," so I'm not sure what to believe since I only smelled lovely malted chocolate. Yikes.

on 12/5/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I found it at TJ Maxx for 10 bucks but I'm glad I didn't get it. Fortunately, someone had opened one, so I could test it first. I sprayed my wrist then continued shopping to give it time to 'marinate' before judging. Well, the verdict is in and I'm not feeling this one at all. It starts off with cocoa and light orange notes then morphs into something that made me a little nauseous. I was surprised because I LOVE my Pink Sugar!

on 11/28/2006 9:27:00 PM

Wow, this stuff is amazing. My husband cannot stop smelling me..always a good sign. He says I smell sexy, scrumpsious, like a romantic night out. I truely believe that everyones chemistry changes scents just a touch, and this one really works on me. So it's not bizare that we have so many different opinions. If it works for you, yipee because it's an amazing scent.

on 11/23/2006 9:25:00 PM

I found this for a steal at Marshall's for $10, and since I liked Pink Sugar, I thought I'd give it a try. On me, the initial scent is chocolaty, then it dries down to a sweet smell reminiscent of a warmer Pink Sugar with a hint of nutmeg or spice. Overall, I like it, but it's not something I'd reach for every day. I'll use it in cooler months when I'm hanging around the house or going out for a casual outing.

on 11/14/2006 12:28:00 AM

Chocolate oranges which dries down to a delicious cremesicle. Overall, just meh, nothing bad but nothing amazing either. Too foody for me to ever wear as a perfume.

on 10/26/2006 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My husband thinks it smelled really like chocolate n me in the very first 3 minutes but after it dries down to high up orange, lemony scent and just with a faint chocolate, well that is according to mon cheri :) but personally I think it is the other way around except for a faint of chocolate because the longer it stays on my skin the more I smell the chocolatey goodness!
Another sniff of my hubby and he commented réglisse! and second sniff *hold your breathe* ...yeast! Argh! oh well... no matter I still love this on me and i'd continue to repurchase, and this is the fragrance i'd always love to swap for given the chance, I also have this in massage oil very yummy as well

on 10/21/2006 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a million times nicer than Pink Sugar (which I don't like because it's got an incense note). I've grown to like this one a lot. It smells like warm cocoa with a dash of orange peel, or Tootsie Rolls! I do get the patchouli note, and it's very nice here.

on 10/20/2006 9:07:00 PM

This is by far my favorite fragrance. I am a complete chocolate freak, so this suits me very well. Most chocolate fragrances are really fake smelling and smell odd when you apply it. But this smells great all the time!

Popular Fragrances