LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb

4.3

on 7/26/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

My skin is terribly dry and this bath bomb is a god send! It does fizz out really quick though. You can see all the butter sitting on top of the water. Makes your skin silky smooth, smells nice too.

Definatly recommend this. I've got about 4 stashed in my Lush collection. It's cheap too :-)

on 7/26/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

As someone with very dry skin, especially on my legs, I love this bath bomb. It makes bathwater feel silky smooth. This little bomb packs tons of moisture, too. You can actually see the chunks of shea butter dissolve into the water. It's not quite as flamboyant as some of LUSH's other bath bombs... i.e. it doesn't really have a special scent or change bath water colour much, but it's a true staple for me due to its moisturizing properties alone.

on 7/20/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always come out of the bath feeling so relaxed and moisturized when I use this. I usually break it in half to extend its life, and I get just as good of a result. The scent is very light - it smells vaguely like butter and chocolate to me.

on 7/15/2009 9:23:00 PM

I loved this bath bomb!!! I split it in half and the one thing I didn't care for was it dissolved in less then two min. It didn't smell up the bathroom but that was oh kay with me too because it smells like vanilla. Your probably wondering why I bought it at all. Well the SA told me it had chunks of shea butter so it would be REALLY morsterizing. They weren't lying!!! This bath bomb was amazing!!! I bought this in the store and it was the cheapest of the bath bombs at 4 or 5 dollars so it was pretty reasonable. I will repurchase!!

on 7/13/2009 7:26:00 AM

Yummy smell, super moisturizing, but a bit on the pricey side to order with shipping costs and a pain in the butt to locate if you don't live near a large city.

If you're ordering online, prepare to make a larger order of at least 4-5 items to save on shipping!

on 7/13/2009 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very moisturizing! I used half of one with half of a MMM, very moisturizing bath and it gets rid of the rash, Keratosis Pilaris, I have on my arms!

on 7/5/2009 8:53:00 PM

butterball is boring in the sense that nothing comes out of it and it doesn't "do" much, but my skin feels SO soft after a butterball bath. and personally, i like how boring it is. nothing to clog my drains and no color to leave a ring around my bath.

on 5/28/2009 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Mmm... This bath was lovely. Really, the name suits what your skin will feel like when you get out. Buttery smooth. I really was not fond of the scent before I actually used it (like most of LUSH products for me) but the fragrance is so light and just barely lingering that it really makes bath time soothing instead of overwhelming. I enjoyed the fizz, and my sensitive skin really appreciated Butterball.

on 5/27/2009 2:45:00 PM

My favorite bath bomb! Always leaves my skin feeling buttery soft. Be careful not to slip in the tub afterward though, my husband tried to take a shower once after I'd taken a bath with one of these and did slip.

I bought this bath ballistic because of it's 'wonderful moisturizing capabilities'. I was really excited to use it, but after it had fizzed away in the bath, I found myself wondering if I had actually dropped it in at all. There was no pretty color, and NO smell, The water felt slightly oilier, but that was it.
However, when I got out of the tub, I detected a fainted cocoa butter scent on my arms, and my skin was nicely moisturized. I would get this again, but don't expect any fireworks in the tub.

Popular Bath Treatments