August 2, 2014 | 1303 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Love, love, LOVE this cleanser. I am a Shiseido junkie and from past experience, you have to play around with which products work for you the best with this company and when you've got the right one from them, you'll love it.

First, some backstory: about 5 or so months ago, I decided to switch to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to wash my face. Ladies...BIG FACKING MISTAKE, it was. About 3 months later, it started wreaking havoc on my skin and I got breakout after breakout after breakout. So I got kind of desperate and went to my Shiseido counter to shell out some money on some new skincare and started using a 5% BP cream on my acne. If you disregard the acne, I'd have normal skin, with a little more oil in the T-zone and nose. My usual SA told me I should use this one so I don't make my skin too dry.

You don't need to use very much of this cleanser to make it foam up really well to cover your whole face--just maybe a little ball that's the same diameter as the tube's nozzle-thing. I lather it on my hands first and then spread and massage over my face. After you rinse it off, you'll think the SAs are lying because your face feels like there's no oil left, but it feels very smooth and very soft. You just need a good moisturizer (I follow up with The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener (toner) and The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge). Ironic as it is, my face actually got less oily with this cleanser. I am really surprised because skincare isn't supposed to work that way--normally, it's the less oil that's taken away from your skin, the less oily, you'll be. But I was pleasantly surprised.

I have a ways to go with my tube, which I'm quite happy about because it means the initial worth of I believe 39.00CAD will even out to be much cheaper. Will repurchase until my face changes again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by aprlgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this product over 2 years... I have tried many different cleaners such as BB, Dior, Chanel, Clinique (unfortunately), benefit but this is THE ONE! I love it because it takes away all my make up leaving the skin smooth and clean. Obviously I follow it up with the moisturizer. I have a combination skin and too much oil can make it really oily. So since i have foiund it I am have not changed it... Its a great product to try out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I received a deluxe sample of this and tried it during summer days when I have combo skin. My slightly oily T zone loves this thing but my slightly dry cheeks apparently hate it. I feel that my skin is very "tight" after using this on my cheeks, a little bit like drained out of water and I had to use a moisturizer immediately. Luckily it didn't irritate my cheeks too as sometimes my skin can be really sensitive. I will have outbreak of pimples if I use the wrong thing. However, it cleans my nose quite effectively. There are less blackheads right after using this. I don't think I will buy this one but I will recommend this to ladies with normal to oily skin type. Also, it would be a great choice for those who like foaming cleansers as this foams up easily, which is rich and thick.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by dhuza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the gift set that they sell in Sephora… I have been using it for about 3 or so months now after a horrible experience with Aveda. My skin tends to be dry, yet oily and shiny on the surface. I am also the unfortunate sufferer of HUGE PORE syndrome.
At first this line worked miracles on my skin. The aveda product caused these itty bitty red dots all over my face (mostly the cheek area) and after a trip to the derm I started using this shiseido line and my face cleared up within days. HOWEVER< after 3 months of use my face seems to be getting pretty oily and im getting more red dots around my face… Whey cant I find a face regime that continuously works? Perhaps this is all hormonal. I still have quite a bit left and I plan on giving it another two weeks to see if things get better…
So far I have put that i would rebuy it simply because of the initial effect it had on my skin... im hoping that the breakouts are hormonal... I will adjust rating if they do not go away. NOT an HG, unfortunately

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by sakuraface

this is a great product if you have sensitive skin i love that it foams up a lot and that the foam is really rich & creamy- i dont use it too often because it doesnt do much for blemishes but if i tried a harsh cleanser or something like that i usully follow it up the next couple of days with this gentle cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am overall pleased with this product. Pros: Its very basic and foams rather nicely. It smells really good too. The tube is very sleak and has a flip cap which is really convenient. A small pea size is needed. One tube lasts a long time. Cons: it costs 28 dollars which is a little high for me. Also, it doesnt take all my make up off. I have to use a seperate makeup remover before.
I would buy this product again if it wasnt so expensive. I will try something new after i finish this tube but will gladly come back to this when I have more money lol

EDIT: I have switched to Alpha Hydrox foaming cleanser. Its much cheaper and much more effective in removing make up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Java

Used this for half of a year without suspecting it actually caused my acne, not my moisturizer! Leaves a firm on the face after washing, and very drying too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by wonton7

I have been searching for a cleanser for sooooo long, that finally, and i"m so relieved I've finally found The skin care line. I have sensitive combo skin, dry most the time and prone to breakouts. I have been looking for products to fit my unique skin type, since I pretty much got a little of everything bad. When it was too harsh i'd dry out and break out, if it was not effective i'd dry out and break out. So many times experimenting and nothing was perfect.

I think the problem was, too often I'd try to combat too many things at once. Like control my pimples, and make my face whiter or exfoliate and make my skin smoother, etc. etc.

After trying shiseido washer at my friends house, i liked it a lot and bought my own tube! And honestly, after using it for a couple months, i'm in love.

It's simple, its gentle, and it keeps my skin balanced. Not too dry, not too oily, takes off all my make up, and is so pleasant and softening to your skin. I feel really happy that i've found that often just cleansing, the basics of it all, fixed all my problems. Straight to the point and no frills or laces, it's a great, simple, and effective cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by lillian1717

I want to love this cleanser, and I try to use all the samples I get, but it just doesn't seem to work out for me. Some people may like the squeaky clean feeling, but for me, it just feels like my skin is very tight and dry afterwards. Also, I don't typically wear heavy makeup everyday, just a bit of spot concealer, but this cleanser left a lot of makeup (which I only noticed when I used a cotton pad and toner). Eeks! I switched immediately because the worst thing would be to sleep with makeup still on your skin! I might keep just for the mornings, but not sure I would purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by TanAndMadeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face wash because it is so gentle on my sensitive skin! The texture is smooth and creamy, but it is not thick. It feels light and clean to wash your face with. It rinses off easily and does not leave a residue. My skin feels so clean and soft when I finish washing my face. I have acne-prone skin but do not have breakouts when using this cleanser. It does not contain salicylic acid so it is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I use this cleanser twice daily.