July 22, 2014 | 1118 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by hoosiergirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was seriously hesitant about trying this (something about putting a laxative on my face...) but I was so desperate! I live in a humid climate and with summer quickly approaching, I knew I had to do something. I am glad to report, THIS WORKS! There is no funky smell or weird, slimy feel, it just feels like putting on moisturizer. It also didn't dry out my skin or cause breakouts on my acne-prone skin.
I apply it with a wedge before I put on my makeup. I had read about chalky residue so at first I didn't use enough. It was pretty easy after that to find the right amount. I use more than the dime-sized amount some say to use, but that might just be me. I also recommend keeping a smaller amount in a travel bottle. Makes it easier to use.
After about an hour, I develop a tiny amount of shine (looks more dewy than oily or shiny) but it never gets worse than that. Aside from cutting the oil, the best part of this is that my makeup stays in place *all day*. I don't have to worry about touching my face or blot sheets taking off my makeup. I am out for 10-12 hours a day most days and my makeup stays place all day.
A real lifesaver!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jdkrase

After reading through hundreds of reviews about Milk Of Magnesia as a make up primer, I finally decided to spend $7 for a HUGE 26 fl oz bottle. I made sure it was the original, with neither flavoring or added ingrediants (as some brands contain mineral oil, acne-prone skin's worst enemy!).
I have always had excessively oily, acne-prone skin. I tried both Clinique and Smashbox primers, neither potent enough for my skin to hold up to their claims. It was always an hour later when my face returned to its usually greasy appearance. I'm not sure how I came across MoM but it definitely intrigued me with it receiving so many good reviews. And I have to say, I can see why!
From my experience so far, this isn't a miracle product... BUT, it is the best product I've tried to date! For $7 this is the BEST primer I could ask for. I can also easily see this bottle lasting me longer than a year while using it on a everyday basis.

At first I put a thin layer with a makeup sponge and it did absolutely nothing for me. Then after watching YouTube video reviews, everyone recommended using a cotton ball or just their fingers.
So this is what I do: After I wash my face, tone, and moisturize. I shake up my MoM bottle, open it, take the cap and pour a little MoM in it. Then with clean fingers I pick some up and apply a thin layer to my whole face, gently wiping it everywhere. I then apply a little more to my t-zone, as it's of course the most oily area. After the MoM dries, I check to make sure there is no white marks left. If there are, they can easily be rubbed in with your fingers. Afterward I apply my concealer, liquid foundation, powder, blush and eye makeup as normally.

One hour later, my makeup still looks flawless. Three hours later, my makeup still looks perfect but I can see a sheen starting to come through on my nose, but only my nose. 5 hours later, I need to blot and powder but still, mostly just on my nose and a bit on my t-zone... yet my makeup is still in place! WOW, amazing as usually my makeup just fades and separates throughout the day. Also, when I usually can't wear eye shadow, this makes it stay in place all day while also keeping my eyeliner from smudging. Truly a bonus! So far it hasn't made me break out or cause any adverse reactions either!

I am seriously in love with this stuff. Like I said, it's not a miracle product so don't get your hopes up too high but it really is an incredible find for such an awesome price and amount. Honestly, I was really skeptical about this but I let my curiosity get the best of me and I'm so glad I did! Please give it a chance my fellow oilies! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Did nothing for my extremely oily skin other than make it feel tight and leave white streaks :( , but it was cheap and worth giving a go. Glad it works for so many other ladys and i have since found a product that works for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by shtow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MOM. I use it before applying my foundation, and even when I have white streaks, once I apply the foundation, those white streaks disappear for the whole day! Also, my Studio Fix usually oxidizes, making me look orange-r and darker. When I use MOM as a primer, It does not change color and my oily skin stays matte. When I use it, I shake it up, and pour some in the lid. Then I take a cotton swab and apply it to my eyes and face. This is all I use on my face under my foundation and powder.

NOW for my eyes! All eye primers crease on me. I apply MOM and then any primer and I am so serious - my eyeshadow looks like I just applied it until I wash it off!!

The uploaded pic is of me wearing eyeshadow for TWELVE hours with MOM under Loreal decrease primer (the pic is w/ the smoked out brown eyeshadow)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I use this as a 'primer' really. You have to be careful not to apply too much though because if you do then you will have a white line or film over your face. I usually use three dots and that covers my 'problem' areas perfectly. So, far less than a dime size application for me. I stay un-oily for most of my 9/11 hour work day. Total BONUS for me! :) I may have to touch-up once though...usually this is around the half way mark of my day...which (for me) isn't bad at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by fbomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have very oily, non-sensitive skin. without this product (as a primer), i'm constantly blotting, and (mineral) foundation separates into a terrible mess on my face half way through the day. yeah, its tough. i finally took the leap in trying this product after finding out some people have been using it as a primer. i've been using it for a week and its absolutely awesome! i don't ever have to blot my face through the day (can you say miracle!?). its easy to apply; just a thin layer (i use a make up sponge) or else you'll have white residue on your face, but just wipe it a little and it'll come off. i don't recommend this to people who have anything other than an oily face or if you have sensitive skin. it will dry your face out causing a break out. however like i said, i'm very oily and i have not broken out from this.

Routine:
Wash face with cleanser (i use st. ives olive cleanser)
Toner (i use olay refreshing toner)
Moisturize (i use olay complete spf 15 for combination/oily skin)
Milk of Magnesia
Foundation (i use monave mineral make up)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by xxglitt3rxx

Wow tried this today for the first time I found my primer for everyday =D
I was skeptical at first, but it really works and I have super dupper oily skin. I highly recommend people struggling with oily skin like me to try it. I use a cotton ball to apply a small amount of MOM all over my face focusing more on your super oily areas since its dries your face a lot I usually follow it by applying a oil free moisturizer to make my foundation application easier. You can try both ways to see what works best for you MOM followed by foundation or MOM followed by moisturizer and then foundation =)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by janaiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seriously amazing! I thought people were nuts for putting this on their faces.....until I tried it! It leaves a great matte finish and I have super gross oily skin. Gotta go with the hype on this one :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by brenda06

I Love This Stuff !!!!!! I never though I would find something that would work for me, ive tried using different concealers moisturizers everything and nothing worked so I saw this on you tube and I decided to give it a try. My sister had a bottle and gave it to me the Phillips brand, first time I used it my husband and I were actually going to a club which is the worst for me because as soon as we start dancing my face is super oily not only that but before we even enter I would have to retouch my t zone so we get their and i check my face and nothing WoW ! I was surprised we get in their start dancing and I assume my face is a disaster I go check my makeup and nothing I honestly couldn't belive it ! By the end of the night when we got home I checked again and I had just a little oil on my nose nothing big I couldn't belive it.
This is the way I apply it and the way it works for me, I use a flat foundation brush and put the liquid in the plastic cup it comes with just a little you don't need much at all i dip the tip of my brush and get the excess amount off on the side of the cup and with what i have left i start to apply it on my t zone and with what ever is remaining ill do the rest of my face, I let it dry and then apply a little moisturizer and then my foundation. This really works and it doesn't brake me out at all !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kirs10b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin and even with makeup I feel i'm blotting constantly.. THIS PRODUCT IS MY HG!! I apply a thin layer with my fingers over my skin and let it dry.. then apply my foundation over it.. I have been wearing this for about 10 hours now and I haven't had to blot so far, compared to about ever 2 hours with nothing underneath my foundation. It really keeps my oily skin under control! The liquid is a bit white but it dries clear and doesn't make me look pale, and doesn't smell either. I thought it would be weird putting it on my face but I felt comfortable with it. I shake the bottle and use whats on the cap/rim of the bottle so I don't have to stick my finger in there. :) This product is so cheap & widely available, I'd totally repurchase!